PDA

View Full Version : Taking video of police activity

12-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Is it illegal to take video of police activity?

Why is it that some cops get stupid when a civilian is video taping their activity?
Especially when the police is doing something wrong like beating up a person.

As long as I am not interfering or obstructing the police I have a right to film.
This is the United States of America not North Korea or China or Cuba!!!

Ever since Sept 11, 2001, the United States government has become the same if not worse than NAZI Germany!!!!

12-08-2010, 11:58 PM
you sound like a ref!
you probably got 39'ed!
g@ylord!

12-09-2010, 03:29 AM
If this was "Nazi Germany" you would be executed for posting negative remarks about the government on a message board.I'm tired of ignorant people running around throwing around the word "Nazi" like it does not mean anything. The word is used some much these days, that it almost trivializes the plight of those innocent people which died at the hand of those monsters. Next time, read a history books before posting an ignorant comment. No one has a problem with you video taping the police. As long as you do not attempt to instigate violence by yelling rude remarks and starting an altercation with the police and then turning on your camera and conveniently only video taping the reaction of the officers to your violence and then going on crappy news networks like channel 7( which hate police) and making yourself out to be a poor victim.

12-09-2010, 04:19 AM
I came to the United States from Cuba when I was 25. I studied, learned English became a US Citizen and went into the criminal justice field. Now I am 62 years old and retired. I want to say that people who where born in the United States have no concept of how it is to live in a dictatorship. So this is why you have people on this forum posting crap like this using the word Nazi etc... These people have no clue what they are saying. I can tell you that the Nazis and the Communists have the same thing in common. The citizens living under these dictatorships have no rights.

In Cuba I saw an accident. There was a guy who crashed with an army truck. The army truck went through a stop sign without stopping and hit a civilian vehicle. It was a 1957 Chevy. The civilian driving the Chevy started taking pictures at the scene. The army lieutenant on the scene took the civilian's camera away from him, opened it up threw the film out then grabbed the civilian by the throat and began hitting him on the head with the camera until his face was covered with blood.

The police came and they arrested the civilian for interfering with the military. His Chevy was confiscated and towed away.
The civilian in this case had no rights. He couldn't complain to anybody. He was taken away bleeding to prison. If he complained to the government they might shoot him and bury him in an unmarked grave.

This is what happens when you live under a dictatorship. So the next time you use the word Nazi or Communist please study a little bit more.

I arrived in the United States on August 15th, 1978. Since that day I count my blessings and thank God I am in this great nation. I pray for our men and women in uniform whether they are police officers or military personnel and thank them for serving as I served also.

So if you don't like the United States go and move to Cuba, North Korea, or China. Move to Haiti or Venezuela. See if they let you post negative things about their country. Go out and film the police and see what happens. If you get arrested in the United States you have due process in a court of law. In Cuba you have due nothing. They will put you away and you will not see your family or the sun for the rest of your life. That is if they don't shoot you and bury your body in an unmarked grave.

Count your blessings my friend. Be lucky you are here and you did not live the hell I lived in Cuba.