PDA

View Full Version : 10 Cape officers investigated over college credit

11-25-2010, 02:21 AM
http://www.news-press.com/article/20101124/NEWS0101/101124055/1075/10-Cape-Coral-police-officers-investigated-about-college-credit-discrepancy

A total of 10 Cape Coral police officers being scrutinized by the city have received $95,000 since 2006 for college credits which, for the most part, were never completed.

Attorneys for the city and the police union are still working on an agreement and have yet to determine how much, if any, will be paid back to the city.

According to recommendations made by interim Police Chief Jay Murphy, all but one of the officers would be knocked down to the the lowest level on a four-scale level of educational achievement.

To jump from one level to the next, officers are required, according to the city, to earn 15 college credit hours a year, though the union disputes that.

Being bumped down to the lowest level would likely impact their pay, though it is not clear how much.

Councilman Bill Deile said he thinks the officers should pay the money back.

The largest payment was made to Officer Chris Conrad. He received $21,527.82 since being hired in 2005. His record shows no college credits earned in that time.

11-25-2010, 05:11 AM
This is bullshizzz. It's amazing how this scumbag City Councilman forgot to mention how the City Foocked over one black male officer for over $80, 000. They gave these officers in question the ultimatum 30 days to pay or else. Well how come it's been almost 4 months to since this has come to light but the black male officer has not been paid the back pay he is owed. I say he should sue Deile, the Shitty Manager and everyone else who pulled files, wrote e-mails is looking to Foock every police officer they can. Sue them for their Mercedes Benz's, the money they pay off each other in their lawsuits against the City and their guaranteed government pensions and benefits they enjoy every month. How many promotional opportunities did this black male officer miss out in the last 17 years of his career.

City Scumbag should proceed their names in their titles infront of their desks.

11-25-2010, 11:03 PM
This is bullshizzz. It's amazing how this scumbag City Councilman forgot to mention how the City Foocked over one black male officer for over $80, 000. They gave these officers in question the ultimatum 30 days to pay or else. Well how come it's been almost 4 months to since this has come to light but the black male officer has not been paid the back pay he is owed. I say he should sue Deile, the Shitty Manager and everyone else who pulled files, wrote e-mails is looking to Foock every police officer they can. Sue them for their Mercedes Benz's, the money they pay off each other in their lawsuits against the City and their guaranteed government pensions and benefits they enjoy every month. How many promotional opportunities did this black male officer miss out in the last 17 years of his career.

City Scumbag should proceed their names in their titles infront of their desks.

I agree that poor officer had his career ruined, and they are dragging their feet. Hey Mr. City manager I will give you 2 more weeks to cut the check for that officer. This is wrong if you dont take care of the injustice I'm calling Al Sharpten and you will hear from all of us. What next your not going to let him patrol south of the parkway. Mr City manager this is not 1958.

11-29-2010, 03:40 PM
http://www.news-press.com/article/20101124/NEWS0101/101124055/1075/10-Cape-Coral-police-officers-investigated-about-college-credit-discrepancy

A total of 10 Cape Coral police officers being scrutinized by the city have received $95,000 since 2006 for college credits which, for the most part, were never completed.

Attorneys for the city and the police union are still working on an agreement and have yet to determine how much, if any, will be paid back to the city.

According to recommendations made by interim Police Chief Jay Murphy, all but one of the officers would be knocked down to the the lowest level on a four-scale level of educational achievement.

To jump from one level to the next, officers are required, according to the city, to earn 15 college credit hours a year, though the union disputes that.

Being bumped down to the lowest level would likely impact their pay, though it is not clear how much.

Councilman Bill Deile said he thinks the officers should pay the money back.

The largest payment was made to Officer Chris Conrad. He received $21,527.82 since being hired in 2005. His record shows no college credits earned in that time.
Hey Deile get off your buttocks and pay the officer the $80,000 you owe him before you cost the City anymore money with the shanningans the Council keeps pulling!!!

12-01-2010, 09:27 PM
I don't know the story of the black officer, maybe someone could enlighten me? Other than that, you all sound like you're in high school. No one respects you when you talk like this or wants to listen to things you are saying. You need to be adults when it comes to these issues and quit bad mouthing people. Most of you don't like the council because things being put in place affect your bottom line. To think this is the kind of people who are patroling our streets and are supposed to make us feel safe. You sound more like gang members. "I'm going to give you two weeks to cut a check"? WTH??

12-01-2010, 11:20 PM
What about the officer that was let go 4 months ago for the same problem. He was told quit or be terminated. He paid the city back, if these Officers are allowed to keep their jobs (and they should be), he she be reinstated to the same position he lost.

An administrative error is an error. The officers should not be held accountable.

12-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Major difference in the two. He lied during the investigation.

12-10-2010, 12:05 AM
My, my, for once I am not involved! I must say though, I agree whole heartedly with the decision that our command staff/city officials made. Short of being terminated a few times myself, I feel well qualified to offer my opinion on this matter. With the exception of the few that were on the list, due to their military deployment, all of the others deserve everything that is spelled out in that fine peice of paperwork that was handed to them.

I would even take it one step further and NOT ALLOW any of those officers to work details and to even prohibit them from being in any type of specialty unit. Heck, having an UNEDUCATED/UNQUALIFIED SRO in the school is just plan wrong. The SRO should be offered a chance to dress up as jail bird and travel school to school speaking about the importance of getting an education or to have to resign. The rest of road patrol group should be given the opportunity to work the front desk or resign. Plain and simple.

JT, I admire your courage to berate and denounce the same command staff that has managed to surpress my opportunities for advancement in this department, but c'mon are you an idiot? These people weild a tremendous amount of power and you pretty much just stuck a fork in your career. Even a caveman can realize that. I know the rest of the officers on the list really don't have many skill sets or have the ability to speak in complete sentences but I still feel that it is necessary to point out to you that you had your chance and blew it so stop crying and whining about it and deal with it.

I am interested to see how all of this comes out in the wash and look forwrd to seeing even more separation in this department. I am sure we will all see who wears their emotions on their sleaves and those that succumbe to the pressures of realizing that they are theifs and liars.

Anyone disagree? Lets hear it!

12-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Hey Lonegunman, grab that idiot father of yours, B D, and meet us in the back parking lot. We'd like to show you just how primitive we can be!

12-10-2010, 11:48 PM
watch what you say about lonegunman or I will come over bathe you in my spit as i try to talk in complete sentences!

12-12-2010, 03:23 PM
If anyone wants to talk to one of the officers involved in this about exactly what IS happening and how it is being misrepresented, feel free to speak to them in person and I am sure that you will walk away with a different point of view. Otherwise, I suggest you try and see past the hype to the City's ultimate agenda here because it is going to affect each and every one of us come contract time.

12-13-2010, 12:05 AM
uhhh, uhhhh, uhhhhh! u, u, u, I have a legitimate stuttering problem, and, and, and am ordering u, u, u, all, all, all to shut up before I spit all over u, u, u,. I, I, I am busy with MY, MY, MY annual toy drive and, and, and will have u, u, u, all know that I, I, I love to sit around and talk trash behind, everyones back because that is what I, I, I, do.

12-15-2010, 04:53 PM
LOL, Well, after being accused of posting on this site as an alias that is close to being my last name I figured that I should clear my name from these postings. This will be my first and last comment on this site.

I have no clue as to who the lone gunman is nor do I care. He is obviously a constant problem on here because it seems like anytime there is a problem he has a lot to say about everyone. If I had to guess I would say that the lone gunman and Squirrels are one in the same.

I would also have to say that he or they are cowards and only post what they say under an alias for fear of having their ass whipped by the people they insult.

So in conclusion, you know where I work, you have my email, and my phone number is in the employee directory. If there are any further comments that you have feel free to man or woman up and let me know personally.

Thhhhhh Thhhhh Thhhhh anks! Sorry if I spit on you.

Matt Squires

12-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Maybe there is a lesson to be learned from how another group of officers responded

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/112103354.html

...just sayin. When attacked, launch a counter-attack.

12-18-2010, 06:39 PM
It seems that the PD's HR dept didn't do their job in keeping track of this. Some of the responsibility lies there. What about the Officers yearly evaluations...Goals to be accomplished...etc.. Sounds like the PD didn't care about this until it became a problem in the Media.

12-18-2010, 10:18 PM
LOL, Well, after being accused of posting on this site as an alias that is close to being my last name I figured that I should clear my name from these postings. This will be my first and last comment on this site.

I have no clue as to who the lone gunman is nor do I care. He is obviously a constant problem on here because it seems like anytime there is a problem he has a lot to say about everyone. If I had to guess I would say that the lone gunman and Squirrels are one in the same.

I would also have to say that he or they are cowards and only post what they say under an alias for fear of having their ass whipped by the people they insult.

So in conclusion, you know where I work, you have my email, and my phone number is in the employee directory. If there are any further comments that you have feel free to man or woman up and let me know personally.

Thhhhhh Thhhhh Thhhhh anks! Sorry if I spit on you.

Matt Squires

What's new, *****cat?
Whoa-oh
What's new, *****cat?
Whoa-oh oh

*****cat *****cat ,
I've got flowers and lots of hours
to spend with you.
So go and power your cute little *****cat nose

*****cat, *****cat I love you
Yes I do
You and your *****cat nose.

What's new, *****cat?
Whoa-oh
What's new, *****cat?
Whoa-oh oh

*****cat, *****cat,
You're so thrilling and I'm so willing
to care for you.
So go and make up you big little ***** cat eyes

*****cat, *****cat, I love you
Yes I do
You and your *****cat eyes.

What's new, *****cat?
Whoa-oh
What's new, *****cat?
Whoa-oh oh

*****cat, *****cat,
You're delicious and if my wishes
Can all come true,
I'll soon be kissing your sweet little *****cat lips.

*****cat, *****cat, I love you
Yes I do
You and your *****cat lips.
Whoa-oh
You and your *****cat eyes.
Whoa-oh
You and your *****cat nose.