PDA

View Full Version : Message reply by Sampler

MOD 626
11-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Sampler posted a reply under Message from the Moderator. This message should have been locked to not allow direct replies, therefore Sampler's question has been deleted from the now locked Moderator Message and copied here for all to see. Sampler wrote:

Mr. Moderator,

Would you be so kind as to post an example of the wording you refer to that would not violate the terms of use of this site if one was choosing to express their opinions on the less than professional administration of the Town of Golden Beach and it's Police Department.

Thank you,

Sampler

MOD 626
11-14-2010, 07:10 PM
It is not the Moderator's responsibility to teach anyone on this forum how to read the Terms of Use and express their views like a professional law enforcement officer should. The fact of the matter is no Moderator should have to. If those posting here don't have the ability to make that judgement on their own, then it is simply the Moderator's responsibility to delete their posts.

11-15-2010, 12:34 AM
It is not the Moderator's responsibility to teach anyone on this forum how to read the Terms of Use and express their views like a professional law enforcement officer shouldOh ! and you are a professional law enforcement officer ? Who are you kidding ?. The fact of the matter is no Moderator should have to. If those posting here don't have the ability to make that judgement on their own, then it is simply the Moderator's responsibility to delete their posts.The only responsibility that you have is to kiss the captain's rim. May I add that you are doing a wonderful job Dan !

I just got the following from MOD 1's "Read Me" page:

This forum is full of posts that complain, criticize, and often denigrate both policies and people. That is one of the purposes of this forum....which is to be able to vent and relieve stress that is far too often brought on not by the work we do, but by the people who are put in charge. Most people here use words to facilitate the venting process. Picasso used pictures. After all, the saying goes "one picture is worth 1000 words". I personally don't see any difference between his venting in pictures and others venting in words, except he is infinitely more creative. Just my humble opinion.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you since you are a Moderator and a professional law enforcement officer. If you need explaining let me know....I can send you the instructions in a coloring book so you can understand.

MOD 626
11-15-2010, 05:31 AM
It is not the Moderator's responsibility to teach anyone on this forum how to read the Terms of Use and express their views like a professional law enforcement officer shouldOh ! and you are a professional law enforcement officer ? Who are you kidding ?. The fact of the matter is no Moderator should have to. If those posting here don't have the ability to make that judgement on their own, then it is simply the Moderator's responsibility to delete their posts.The only responsibility that you have is to kiss the captain's rim. May I add that you are doing a wonderful job Dan !

This forum is full of posts that complain, criticize, and often denigrate both policies and people. That is one of the purposes of this forum....which is to be able to vent and relieve stress that is far too often brought on not by the work we do, but by the people who are put in charge. Most people here use words to facilitate the venting process. Picasso used pictures. After all, the saying goes "one picture is worth 1000 words". I personally don't see any difference between his venting in pictures and others venting in words, except he is infinitely more creative. Just my humble opinion.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you since you are a Moderator and a professional law enforcement officer. If you need explaining let me know....I can send you the instructions in a coloring book so you can understand.

YOMAMA,

Your name choice alone makes its questionable whether you are worthy of a response, but since you are absolutely clueless in so many ways, I will give you one.

First, why would you act like you are certain who I am when the only thing that is certain is just how clueless you are. Although I would not normally respond to random guesses of my identity, I do find it both interesting and amusing that you think I am Dan.

Second, the only thing I need explaining about is the quote you copied from MOD1 on his Read Me page. Was this a deliberate attempt to be deceitful, or do I need to explain to you how this message board works? You see, just because a post is written under a "topic" created by MOD1 doesn't mean that particular "post" is written by or endorsed by MOD1. So, were you trying to be deceitful because a post like that from MOD1 would support your warped beliefs of how this forum works, or did you really not see that particular post was actually written by a Guest? I was unaware that a Guest's opinion of how this forum should work was relevant to MOD1 or the Terms of Use. And do I also need to explain to you that the Guest user in that post was merely referring to another user who posts under the name Picasso? Or did you think he was actually referencing the famous painter?

Now, here is a quote that is accurate and pulled directly from the Terms of Use:

"This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.
Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate."

Do I need to explain the concepts of "constructively" and "healthy debate"?

And finally, yes, I do consider myself a professional, just like I consider all good, honest, hard-working law enforcement officers to be professionals.

YOMAMA, I have to tell you I am baffled by your aggression. I have said and done nothing that implies I wish to keep anyone from voicing their opinions or concerns or engaging in debate. All I have done is ask that it be done in a constructive way and within the Terms of Use. Unless your only goal is to create turmoil, it should not be that difficult.

And by the way, you don't know me, so don't accuse me of kissing up to anybody, because this may actually be the one thing you are most clueless about.

MOD 626

11-15-2010, 11:51 PM
YOMAMA,

Your name choice alone makes its questionable whether you are worthy of a response,( Would you like for me to change my name from yomama to tukaka ? I don't think so ! ) but since you are absolutely clueless in so many ways, I will give you one.( Clueless I can asure you that I'm not ! I'm very well aware of the divide & conquor technique that gb administration has brought to this department )

First, why would you act like you are certain who I am when the only thing that is certain is just how clueless you are. ( lol...I was bluffing to bring you out, and get a response from you. We all know that Dan can't read or write if his life depended on it. ) Although I would not normally respond to random guesses of my identity, I do find it both interesting and amusing that you think I am Dan. ( You responded because your feathers got ruffled.)

Second, the only thing I need explaining about is the quote you copied from MOD1 on his Read Me page. Was this a deliberate attempt to be deceitful, or do I need to explain to you how this message board works? ( You definately fit with the trash inside the gb administartion because you are curving the statement to fit your needs. That information was obtained from Mod1 on his Read Me Page. I never said that Mod1 wrote it. )You see, just because a post is written under a "topic" created by MOD1 doesn't mean that particular "post" is written by or endorsed by MOD1. ( Wooow, I'm glad that you figured that one out ! No wonder they made you a Moderator. ) So, were you trying to be deceitful That's a word my previous Lieutenant used all the time when he was on his evil rampage screwing other officers on paper. )because a post like that from MOD1 would support your warped beliefs of how this forum works, or did you really not see that particular post was actually written by a Guest? (Great observation ) I was unaware that a Guest's opinion of how this forum should work was relevant to MOD1 or the Terms of Use. (No...really, really...did you just come up with that ? ) And do I also need to explain to you that the Guest user in that post was merely referring to another user who posts under the name Picasso? Or did you think he was actually referencing the famous painter? ( ( OMG ! Are you serious ? How could I have thought that was the case ? Silly me ! )

Now, here is a quote that is accurate and pulled directly from the Terms of Use: ( Do you have these in Spanish for my friend ? )

"This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.
Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate."

Do I need to explain the concepts of "constructively" and "healthy debate"? ( There is nothing constructive when it comes to the gb administrative way. That's why you were elected to be Moderator for them. As for the healhty part, It just mean to bend over and take it the way they like to give it. ). )

And finally, yes, I do consider myself a professional, ( You consider yourself professional to what standards ? Thank you for admitting you aren't a law enforcement officer.) just like I consider all good, honest, hard-working law enforcement officers to be professionals. ( For a person that claims isn't a rim kisser surely seem like you are kissing it with this statement.)

YOMAMA, I have to tell you I am baffled by your aggression. ( Me aggressive ? Not even close ! However, you are the one with the ruffled feathers. Was it the coloring book comment ? That is no way on speaking to YOMAMA since your natural mama disowned you the day you were born. )I have said and done nothing that implies I wish to keep anyone from voicing their opinions or concerns or engaging in debate. ( What you are saying and doing are two different things ). All I have done is ask that it be done in a constructive way and within the Terms of Use. Unless your only goal is to create turmoil, it should not be that difficult. (The turmoil was created by the very same people you are backing within the gb administartion.)

And by the way, you don't know me, so don't accuse me of kissing up to anybody, ( You are a rim kisser ! The evidence is around your lips ) because this may actually be the one thing you are most clueless about.

MOD 626[/quote]

Mod 626, why are you so aggressive ? My god, your such a pantsy !

MOD 626
11-16-2010, 03:29 AM
YOMAMA

You are apparently so blinded by your personal issues with Golden Beach that you spend your time venting on anyone you can. My responsibilities here as Moderator are not to vilify nor defend anyone or anything related to Golden Beach, and nothing I have said has done either. My responsibilities are, however, to make sure the Terms of Use are followed and that nobody abuses this forum. That's it. It is really quite simple, and I'm not sure how many more ways I can say this to get it through to you. All you keep doing with me is harping on the problems you have with the Golden Beach administration. The debate between you and I has nothing to do with Golden Beach. It is simply that you believe I am somehow conspiring with our department's administration and came after me because of it. Take off the blinders, unplug your ears, and listen carefully because I am saying this for the last time. Use this forum. Say what you want here. Voice your gripes. State your complaints. Let your opinions be known. Just do it within the guidelines of the Terms of Use and there is no problem. I don't know how to make it more simple than that. When I delete something that does NOT violate the Terms of Use, then feel free to say whatever you want about me.

And for the record, to help you with your misguided conspiracy theory, the department had nothing to do with me becoming the Moderator. That is up to MOD1. As a matter of fact, the first thing I confirmed with MOD1 when he called me after I volunteered for the position, was that absolutely nobody except LEOAFFAIRS would know who I am. I bet you don't believe we landed on the moon.

Now that should be your name change.....YoParanoid.

Our discussion is done.

Mod 626

11-16-2010, 05:03 AM
[quote="MOD 626":2me7mc30]It is not the Moderator's responsibility to teach anyone on this forum how to read the Terms of Use and express their views like a professional law enforcement officer shouldOh ! and you are a professional law enforcement officer ? Who are you kidding ?. The fact of the matter is no Moderator should have to. If those posting here don't have the ability to make that judgement on their own, then it is simply the Moderator's responsibility to delete their posts.The only responsibility that you have is to kiss the captain's rim. May I add that you are doing a wonderful job Dan !

YOMAMA,

Your name choice alone makes its questionable whether you are worthy of a response, but since you are absolutely clueless in so many ways, I will give you one.

First, why would you act like you are certain who I am when the only thing that is certain is just how clueless you are. Although I would not normally respond to random guesses of my identity, I do find it both interesting and amusing that you think I am Dan.

Second, the only thing I need explaining about is the quote you copied from MOD1 on his Read Me page. Was this a deliberate attempt to be deceitful, or do I need to explain to you how this message board works? You see, just because a post is written under a "topic" created by MOD1 doesn't mean that particular "post" is written by or endorsed by MOD1. So, were you trying to be deceitful because a post like that from MOD1 would support your warped beliefs of how this forum works, or did you really not see that particular post was actually written by a Guest? I was unaware that a Guest's opinion of how this forum should work was relevant to MOD1 or the Terms of Use. And do I also need to explain to you that the Guest user in that post was merely referring to another user who posts under the name Picasso? Or did you think he was actually referencing the famous painter?

Now, here is a quote that is accurate and pulled directly from the Terms of Use:

Do I need to explain the concepts of "constructively" and "healthy debate"?

And finally, yes, I do consider myself a professional, just like I consider all good, honest, hard-working law enforcement officers to be professionals.

YOMAMA, I have to tell you I am baffled by your aggression. I have said and done nothing that implies I wish to keep anyone from voicing their opinions or concerns or engaging in debate. All I have done is ask that it be done in a constructive way and within the Terms of Use. Unless your only goal is to create turmoil, it should not be that difficult.

And by the way, you don't know me, so don't accuse me of kissing up to anybody, because this may actually be the one thing you are most clueless about.

MOD 626[/quote:2me7mc30]

MOD 626,

Your response to YOMAMA is very informative and at the same time very deceitful. From the tone of your response it is apparent that you have some internal struggles with your own identity and feel it necessary to remind others on this site that you consider yourself as a professional. The only issue I have with your assertions is that you are inferring in your response the reason why certain posts on this board are being deleted is as a result of the information contained within the body of the posts. In your response mention is made that you also consider “all good, honest, hard-working law enforcement officers to be professionals”. I concur with your position, however we both know that of the law enforcement officers and public officials working in the Town of Golden Beach those that would fall under this category are minimal and could be counted in one hand with a few fingers left over.

Several posts have been previously deleted from this blog that have contained factual information, not hearsay. Some of which were directly related to the arrests of former Lt. Roberto Barrio and Town Manager Alexander Diaz. The information contained within these postings was not only factual, it was public record. What further heightens my suspicions about your response to YOMAMA is that as a Moderator of this forum, you are selectively choosing what is being deleted on this site when it pertains to members of a certain group of the department in an effort to censor the information being released to the law enforcement community. Yet other posts that slander and defame current and former employees by name are allowed to remain on the blog.

I have a challenge for you MOD 626, should you choose to accept it. I challenge you to remain neutral and impartial. Treat all of the posts made on this forum equally and do not censor only those members of the police department who choose to voice their dissatisfaction over the illegal behavior that many of the current members of the police department have chosen to participate in. While at the same time allowing soon to be former members of the department to post slanderous comments about current and former police officers by name with allegations that are not factual.

Don't be afraid to fail. Don't waste energy trying to cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It's OK to fail. If you're not failing, you're not growing.

The Sampler

MOD 626
11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Sampler,

If everyone posted on this forum like you my job as Moderator would be much easier. You expressed opinions about GB, and about me as well, without once slamming in any way. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.

I am not going to get into a debate here with anyone about their opinions of GB or of myself because, again, that is not why I am here. But I will say I never inferred that content is ever the reason for deleting a post. However, if the way the content is delivered violates the Terms of Use then yes, it will be deleted regardless of the content.

As far as your challenge, fair enough.

That said, I have not been Moderator for very long so I can't necessarily be sure of the previous posts you refer to. They may have had factual information, but if they were deleted by me or MOD1 it is because the post was reported and found to contain a violation of the Terms of Use, not because of the information. When I started I reviewed many posts that both the previous Moderator and MOD1 had removed or edited. And please keep in mind, Moderators don't necessarily have the time to constantly read through every post. We rely on reports of abuse of the Terms of Use by other users. The majority of the time what I look at is because of a post being reported. Anybody has the opportunity to report a post, so please feel free to help with this. And yes, I have deleted and edited plenty of posts on both sides of many debates. Especially recently.

Thanks for your input.

MOD 626