PDA

View Full Version : New Changes

11-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Report this postReply with quoteRick Scott to scrutinize take home cars
by Time to start driving to work on 11/04/10 15:50:52

Like he said during the campaign, State Workers should not be getting anything that the private sector doesn't get. If your agency can't justify why you can't do without your take home car, consider it gone. You can drive to work like everybody else. Thanks to all you Rick Scott supporters. No raises, 6% pay cut for everyone, 10% cut to our agency budget, & the loss of our take home vehicles. With all the gas and maintenance and car insurance, that will amount to another 6% cut. Florida really cares about those that protect them

People like R.C. who live over 50 miles away from Tallahasse should read and reap! Someone needs to let the new govenors cabinet know and do an audit.

11-08-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm not a supporter of Scott and didn't vote for him. With that said, if Scott follows through with what he said on his campaign, then there should be minimal effect on us. The law enforcement sections of DEP are more closely related and pertinent when compared to Police Departments and Sheriff Offices rather than security companies:

1. Most Police Departments and Sheriff Offices in Florida have take home vehicles for all LEOs regardless of rank or position.

2. Most Police Departments and Sheriffs Offices in Florida have a starting pay above State LEOs.

3. Most Police Departments and Sheriffs Offices in Florida have a much higher number of Officers/Deputies to cover a given area. Many of our Officers are assigned to multiple parks covering more than 1 county.

4. Officers of DEP are subject at any given time to respond to emergencies/disasters far from home. Additionally, most Officers do not have one location that they travel to everyday. Not only do they cover down on their own parks, but they may be required to assist another Officer at his park or even take his place when the officer is not available. This prevents us from having a system where we leave our vehicle at a single location and drive our POV back and forth.

5. Most employees of DEP are already aware that we operate on a shoestring budget. Everything is acounted for and stringent controls are in place to ensure there is no unnecessary spending

In short, our LEOs and agency are a bargain compared to many local agencies.

Like he said during the campaign, State Workers should not be getting anything that the private sector doesn't get. If your agency can't justify why you can't do without your take home car, consider it gone. You can drive to work like everybody else. Thanks to all you Rick Scott supporters. No raises, 6% pay cut for everyone, 10% cut to our agency budget, & the loss of our take home vehicles. With all the gas and maintenance and car insurance, that will amount to another 6% cut. Florida really cares about those that protect them

People like R.C. who live over 50 miles away from Tallahasse should read and reap! Someone needs to let the new govenors cabinet know and do an audit.

11-08-2010, 03:02 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm?Tallahasseen? Preparing your case. :devil:

11-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Any reports of command staff carrying empty cardboard boxes into their offices?

11-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Hopefully, the director will stay.

Any reports of command staff carrying empty cardboard boxes into their offices?

11-10-2010, 02:34 AM
Agreed, Director B.is outsatanding.I hope he makes the cut.

11-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Yes the director is a nice guy but he has made poor selections in the retaining of former command staff and the appointment of those that were replaced, for which he is now accountable.

11-10-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm not a supporter of Scott and didn't vote for him. With that said, if Scott follows through with what he said on his campaign, then there should be minimal effect on us. The law enforcement sections of DEP are more closely related and pertinent when compared to Police Departments and Sheriff Offices rather than security companies:

1. Most Police Departments and Sheriff Offices in Florida have take home vehicles for all LEOs regardless of rank or position.

2. Most Police Departments and Sheriffs Offices in Florida have a starting pay above State LEOs.

3. Most Police Departments and Sheriffs Offices in Florida have a much higher number of Officers/Deputies to cover a given area. Many of our Officers are assigned to multiple parks covering more than 1 county.

4. Officers of DEP are subject at any given time to respond to emergencies/disasters far from home. Additionally, most Officers do not have one location that they travel to everyday. Not only do they cover down on their own parks, but they may be required to assist another Officer at his park or even take his place when the officer is not available. This prevents us from having a system where we leave our vehicle at a single location and drive our POV back and forth.

5. Most employees of DEP are already aware that we operate on a shoestring budget. Everything is acounted for and stringent controls are in place to ensure there is no unnecessary spending

Oh my God.....heaven forbid if one of the parks wasn't covered...what would happen?

11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Yes, I think the Wackensecurity can do the job. Cheaper for the citizens of the State of Florida. :cop:

11-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Yes, I think the Wackensecurity can do the job. Cheaper for the citizens of the State of Florida. :cop:

You obviously have not researched Wackenhut's pay scales lately, they make almost the same as we do, plus the State would have to factor in company profits. I believe it would not be cheaper and the citizens would get reduced services.

As far As Dirctor B, He was great, but things have fallen apart. More cronyism then ever. Favorites for jobs all around the State. Hope he can turn things around, but I doubt anyone in Tally will ever think of anyone but themselves.

11-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Try 160 parks with many having an area larger than small cities and state trails measuring over 40 miles in length. Most Deputies and Police Officers rarely have the time much less the inclination to even enter the parks and trails much less conduct daily patrols off road and throughout the area.

Oh my God.....heaven forbid if one of the parks wasn't covered...what would happen?

11-11-2010, 02:39 AM
No one has to worry about losing a DEP/DLE Sworn position.A perfect example was the Gulf Oil spill.This type of situation can happen any time in todays world.DEP did a great job on that mission and many know that and will count on DEP and FWC in the future.Now,I do see the DEP/DLE being combined with FWC.FWC would then be given the duties to patrol state parks.No big deal,just a change of uniforms.This will save big $$$$$ by reducing command/admin. staff.From someone in the know.......

11-11-2010, 01:16 PM
DEP-Law Enforcements response to the oil spill? Ride up and down the beach every few hours looking for tar balls and in between go back to the motel room...Wow that's real law enforcement.

This was the D & P show of shows on BPs dollar. It was done to try to justify an agency's existance and to grease the pockets of those chosen for deployment. I would like to see a breakdown of who was paid what during this time-it will tell a story.

The current DLE administration had no problem sending almost all patrol officers up there and leaving a skeleton crew behind to watch the parks. No or little concern for public safety for park vistors or resourses just put on the D & P show and take that BP money. Anytime you can remove that many personnel from patrol and investigation assignments without creating a massive work backup reveals that there is not enough work to sustain this present design. The administration should have reacted to this long standing condition upon the Crist election but instead continued the charade pumping taxpayer money into a law enforcement agency ran by theTallahassee/Leon County crowd only concerned for their own existance and to assure their secondary retirement.

11-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Hey, public records request? Or better yet, ask. Word has it G.L. made more money that anyone else.

11-15-2010, 01:04 PM
ATTENTION: RICK SCOTT TRANSITION TEAM

Please take note of this talk string !

11-16-2010, 02:20 AM
On BPs dollar? I wasn't aware BP had paid Florida anything yet, particularly DEP. If BP had paid DEP any money, wouldn't we be getting paid for working ovetime instead of flexing our schedules?

DEP-Law Enforcements response to the oil spill? Ride up and down the beach every few hours looking for tar balls and in between go back to the motel room...Wow that's real law enforcement.

This was the D & P show of shows on BPs dollar. It was done to try to justify an agency's existance and to grease the pockets of those chosen for deployment. I would like to see a breakdown of who was paid what during this time-it will tell a story.

The current DLE administration had no problem sending almost all patrol officers up there and leaving a skeleton crew behind to watch the parks. No or little concern for public safety for park vistors or resourses just put on the D & P show and take that BP money. Anytime you can remove that many personnel from patrol and investigation assignments without creating a massive work backup reveals that there is not enough work to sustain this present design. The administration should have reacted to this long standing condition upon the Crist election but instead continued the charade pumping taxpayer money into a law enforcement agency ran by theTallahassee/Leon County crowd only concerned for their own existance and to assure their secondary retirement.

11-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Please don't try to confuse the issue. DEP has or will be refunded. That is NOT the issue.

11-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Are you kidding me? Don't be fooled by this post. Ask GL, how much money he made? Don't be snowballed by the few as they continue to do....... :shock:

11-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Please don't try to confuse the issue. DEP has or will be refunded. That is NOT the issue.

The fact is DEP will most likely never be refunded. Any amounts awarded to the state will go into General funds.

11-17-2010, 12:59 AM

Exactly what is the issue?

11-17-2010, 03:32 PM

Exactly what is the issue?

I was wondering the same thing? Don't see an issue here.

11-17-2010, 06:42 PM
LOLOLOL, play the "We need to drive them home everyday because we respond to disasters" card and see how far that gets you!

I'm ready for him to go to work. Enjoy working for DOC, ladies :evil:

11-17-2010, 11:01 PM
LOLOLOL, play the "We need to drive them home everyday because we respond to disasters" card and see how far that gets you!

I'm ready for him to go to work. Enjoy working for DOC, ladies :evil:

Sounds like someone is jealous. How many times have you been rejected so far?

08-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Dude, are you for real, havent you learned that you are just an idiot and you do what your told cause you have no balls, when you grow a pair and tell your department, I ain't going unless it's payed. Then you'll earn respect, tell another trooper he ll be working a disaster for flex or comp time and he will tell his supervisors to go pound sand. Those days are over buddy, no pay no go. And if you think the Feds have not payed the state money for the time, then just keep volunteering. You can put me on any disaster response team but I am getting payed, if not I am staying at home. And just try to come after me, with policy BS, I rip you a new As_ H_le! You can keep me at the salary rate I came in, but I air going to be anyone's puppet. Especially them inexperience morons we have running this dog and pony show.

And for your take homes, you should loose them, have you pick them up and drop off at you closet park. He'll most of you don't even show up at the parks anyways, just ask any ranger. In a 10 hour day it takes you 4 hours to get to the park and you leave 4 hours early, then you do your personal stuff in the 2 hours your actually there.

Your supervisors don't even supervise, they to busy with thier Off Duty! Just ask Capt K.

On BPs dollar? I wasn't aware BP had paid Florida anything yet, particularly DEP. If BP had paid DEP any money, wouldn't we be getting paid for working ovetime instead of flexing our schedules?

08-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Dude, are you for real, havent you learned that you are just an idiot and you do what your told cause you have no balls, when you grow a pair and tell your department, I ain't going unless it's payed. Then you'll earn respect, tell another trooper he ll be working a disaster for flex or comp time and he will tell his supervisors to go pound sand. Those days are over buddy, no pay no go. And if you think the Feds have not payed the state money for the time, then just keep volunteering. You can put me on any disaster response team but I am getting payed, if not I am staying at home. And just try to come after me, with policy BS, I rip you a new As_ H_le! You can keep me at the salary rate I came in, but I air going to be anyone's puppet. Especially them inexperience morons we have running this dog and pony show.

And for your take homes, you should loose them, have you pick them up and drop off at you closet park. He'll most of you don't even show up at the parks anyways, just ask any ranger. In a 10 hour day it takes you 4 hours to get to the park and you leave 4 hours early, then you do your personal stuff in the 2 hours your actually there.

Your supervisors don't even supervise, they to busy with thier Off Duty! Just ask Capt K.

I think you are on the wrong message board. First, we don't have any troopers. Second, our Officers are required to pass a spelling test. Third, you sound too angry to be a current Officer or Agent. You must either be with ABT, FHP, or were terminated. Since you stated "ask any Ranger", I suspect you were never an Officer. So, please return to your correct board and vent there.

08-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Wow guess u must be a supervisor, a moron let me give u my name since u figured out everything. No wonder u guys r treated and run like idiots, it shows from ur reply. Stupid learn 2 read between the lines, u probably 1 of those top administrators scared 2 be terminated - fired - let go, so u check these post every chance u get. A with that higher learning & grammar skills, go teach, no forget that last statement ur where u need 2 be. U probably white I may be with the Boy Scouts of America, or I maybe ur partner not ( LOL), wouldn't u like to no!!!!!

Ok Billy u take care now, u hear!!

U like tis grammer, let's have ur take "Guest".

Ps don't use my username ok , it's taken, get ur own!!!!!!!!

I think you are on the wrong message board. First, we don't have any troopers. Second, our Officers are required to pass a spelling test. Third, you sound too angry to be a current Officer or Agent. You must either be with ABT, FHP, or were terminated. Since you stated "ask any Ranger", I suspect you were never an Officer. So, please return to your correct board and vent there.

08-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Wow, you picked the right user name. You really are dumb although I have doubts that you are either a LEO or currently working here. Here is another user name that would describe you "TROLL", feel free to use it.
FYI, the vast majority of Officers and Agents don't work in Tallahassee, have no connection with Tallahassee, and have no desire to keep up with the day to day activities of Tallahassee. Go troll some other message board.

Wow guess u must be a supervisor, a moron let me give u my name since u figured out everything. No wonder u guys r treated and run like idiots, it shows from ur reply. Stupid learn 2 read between the lines, u probably 1 of those top administrators scared 2 be terminated - fired - let go, so u check these post every chance u get. A with that higher learning & grammar skills, go teach, no forget that last statement ur where u need 2 be. U probably white I may be with the Boy Scouts of America, or I maybe ur partner not ( LOL), wouldn't u like to no!!!!!

Ok Billy u take care now, u hear!!

U like tis grammer, let's have ur take "Guest".

Ps don't use my username ok , it's taken, get ur own!!!!!!!!