PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next Chief?

11-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Any rumors as to who the next Chief will be?

11-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Its is funny that you should ask. I just read in our post, the Miami Beach Police Department forum that you are getting our chief for your department. Good luck. In my opinion he is the worst chief we have had here in my entire career. Go to our post and read all about him. Do you know when he is starting? Is there anything you can do to get him to start no later that noon today? Thank You.

11-07-2010, 07:42 PM
You guys have been a good department for the past few years and now you're going to go down the tubes. This guy is a piece of garbage!! You guys will have 2 of his buddies working under him soon and he will screw up what you guys have worked hard to build over the past few years. I don't know why your council would even consider him for the position. Our department is a mess thanks to him. I've been at MBPD for 17 years and he's slowly killed this place since he took over. Good luck and stand strong when he arrives. I heard from people that he's a lock for the job.

11-09-2010, 04:00 AM
i understand there is four in the running. One internal 2 from dade and one from broward

11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Noriega is a great guy. He fought for all of us at MBPD. Dont be fooled by these posters who hate him cause he did'nt want to give them a free ride like other chiefs have in the past. Carlos is a cops cop. Dont take it from me, just ask the guys here who work the road. Go from grunts to sergeants, they'll all say the same thing. You would be lucky to have him as a chief. Good luck.

11-10-2010, 01:25 AM
"GABLES wrote:
Obviously the two idiots the chief has slammed have found their way onto our leo affairs website. Both of them have listed a whole series of lies. Lets start with violent crime that has been down significantly for the last 3 years. Just check the FDLE website. As far as the cameras in IA it was CN who had them removed and the previous chief who had them installed. Just refer to the miami herald for that article and info."

Great response. It is about time that people look at the facts instead of just talking crap.

So I looked at the facts.
2008 crime stats from FDLE website. MB crime UP 3.7%, CG crime DOWN .8%, Sunny Isles crime DOWN 1%.

2009 crime stats from FDLE website. MB crime UP 1.5%, CG crime DOWN 4.7%, Sunny Isles crime DOWN 20.5%.

2010 crime stats from FDLE website. MB crime UP 10.7%, CG crime DOWN 8.5%, Sunny Isles crime DOWN 18.9%.

Beginning to see a pattern?

As for the cameras, there are two theories.

1) The cameras were installed in the Internal Affairs office to record officers illegally and the chief knew about it.

2) The cameras were installed in the Internal Affairs office to record officers illegally and the chief did not know about it.

If you go with theory one, the chief is a sneak. If you go with theory 2, the chief is clueless about the unit that works directly for him. In either case, he just let the involved IA captain retire and come back as a civiian in the property room.

11-17-2010, 01:57 PM
It is clear from this message that these are just guys that want to keep good people down. stay off our website too!

Also a post from Gables:

wow, the losers from Miami Beach are relentless. I found out from a source who they are. A sergeant who was promoted politically by skipping ranks and then slammed by the chief, who had him demoted and transferred to the Fire Department. His buddy, the former PIO who told everyone that he was going to move up the ranks ths same way before the chief had him transferred to the streets. finally, a former FOP President who was promoted to sergeant by going several spots over on a promotional list to get made. what a great group of LEO Affairs cowards to talk about the chief. Go away!!!!!

11-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Lets not let common Sense disrupt the selection process.... The City Manager is picking the next chief and it wont be by qualifications, it will be someone who is desperate to be a chief and will do anything the city manager wants, to include terminating the current command staff so the city manager can take charge of the police department. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have went with Chief Maas' pick?

11-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Who did Maas Pick?
Does anyone know who the finalists are?

11-23-2010, 10:39 PM
From what I heard is that Maas turned in his retirement papers recommending that Capt. Grandinetti take over but the city manager (Rick Conner) wants no part of Grandinetti or any recommendation by Maas, Conner wants his own chief that he owns. Maybe Sgt. Gnagi, he is out there back stabbing (but whats new).

11-24-2010, 10:43 AM
http://www.sibfl.net/news_archive/news_ ... _chief.asp (http://www.sibfl.net/news_archive/news_101101/police_chief.asp)

11-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey Gnagi, I thought you weren't going to get the bikes stripped. I liked your idea of leaving them black, this way when you leave the city, people wont know who you are. The city should get you a GPS so you don't get lost. When did SIB annex to 135 st and Biscayne? Scammer!