PDA

View Full Version : Policing the Police

10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
So an off duty trooper sees one of our unmarked patrol cars in Sebring going to a Pop Warner football game. Several weeks later he then the same unmarked blue Charger committing a dangerous infraction on Burnt Store Road. He then finds this unmarked blue Charger at a pop warner football game in Englewood.

The trooper further told the Lieutenant he called and spoke to, if he had been on duty and saw this driving pattern he would have issued a citation. The Lt. documented this in an e-mail he sent in early September to a now retired Captain. This now retired Captain forwarded this e-mail 11 days later to the district Captains on each side of him.

Last time I looked at the take home car policy, we can drive it to our houses out of county if we are on call. I don't believe this Captain lives out of county but rather lives in paradise with the rest of us.

How come he forwarded this only to other Captains, same rank as the one who committed violations. Next time a desk officer has someone complain about a fellow ranking officer, can we just send the complaint to our zone partners and have them look into it and handle it? Did he do this cause it's his neighbor who was violating policy? Did he do this cause the Captain can't afford a personal car to take out of county?

We have other officers who have committed lesser degree violations who have been punished severely. What was this Captain's discipline? How can he discipline others or order his subordinate supervisors to discipline others for similar or far less infractions?

“Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.”
Harold S. Geneen

10-28-2010, 01:37 PM
So an off duty trooper sees one of our unmarked patrol cars in Sebring going to a Pop Warner football game. Several weeks later he then the same unmarked blue Charger committing a dangerous infraction on Burnt Store Road. He then finds this unmarked blue Charger at a pop warner football game in Englewood.

The trooper further told the Lieutenant he called and spoke to, if he had been on duty and saw this driving pattern he would have issued a citation. The Lt. documented this in an e-mail he sent in early September to a now retired Captain. This now retired Captain forwarded this e-mail 11 days later to the district Captains on each side of him.

Last time I looked at the take home car policy, we can drive it to our houses out of county if we are on call. I don't believe this Captain lives out of county but rather lives in paradise with the rest of us.

How come he forwarded this only to other Captains, same rank as the one who committed violations. Next time a desk officer has someone complain about a fellow ranking officer, can we just send the complaint to our zone partners and have them look into it and handle it? Did he do this cause it's his neighbor who was violating policy? Did he do this cause the Captain can't afford a personal car to take out of county?

We have other officers who have committed lesser degree violations who have been punished severely. What was this Captain's discipline? How can he discipline others or order his subordinate supervisors to discipline others for similar or far less infractions?

“Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.”
Harold S. Geneen

Why do people hate the tooth. Maybe they can't handle the tooth.

The Lonegunman
10-28-2010, 03:26 PM
AS I heard it, did not the Trooper see the Captain's young son in the car. If that is true, would that not be double whammy? But then again, we only hear about the IAs on the lowly police officer who with a weak union can barely protect themselves. Oh wait....... we don't hear about the IAs because the CCPD DOES NOT DO IAs ON LIEUTENANTS AND ABOVE. Something about "protecting your own". That is such BS. Again, glad I no longer have to deal with that stuff, but I do feel bad for the those left there that have to. It should not be that way!!! WHERE IS THE UNION? Why don't they say something about this unequal treatment? Sad, very sad. Peace out.

10-28-2010, 06:10 PM
thats ok this certain capt speaks out of both sides of his mouth anyway. he makes his unit wear shirts and ties and he wears the same flannel shirt all week. not only does it look bad, but usually a leader dresses like his people. he is a backstabbing phony and deserves his divorce.

maybe someone should check his sunpass records. from what i recall a certain female detective was placed back on the road because they checked her sunpass records. i think you will find interesting information on his mileage records also. he will skate through his career as always and nothing will happen.

10-29-2010, 03:34 AM
maybe someone should check his sunpass records. from what i recall a certain female detective was placed back on the road because they checked her sunpass records. i think you will find interesting information on his mileage records also. he will skate through his career as always and nothing will happen.
Who was her boss at that time? Wait wasn't he her boss in VIN at that time? Wow wouldn't that be Karma?

10-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Bill Columbia for FOP president anyone?