PDA

View Full Version : VCSO - Elite

10-27-2010, 12:04 PM
The Daytona Beach News Journal has a quality article today (October 29) about the tough and demanding training that the elite forces of the VCSO goes through. I whole heartedly recommend this article. Go VCSO!!!!

10-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Now there’s a world recognized media establishment! Bla Bla Bla, and just like the Marines, you are one brainwashed MF'er :shock: Now get back to that spittoon and gazing at 'dhem 'der cows redneck!

10-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Now there’s a world recognized media establishment! Bla Bla Bla, and just like the Marines, you are one brainwashed MF'er :shock: Now get back to that spittoon and gazing at 'dhem 'der cows redneck!

Why the hate? I will admit that the News Journal does have some weak points. But when an article about the tough and demanding training that the elite VCSO goes through...I thought Kudos were in order. And I thought others might like to peruse the article. Just like in the Marines, the training the elite VCSO goes through does make them the elite. Just as the Marines are "America's 911" the VCSO is "Volusia's 911" and should be the state of Florida's 911. Go VCSO!!!! Keep making us proud.

10-28-2010, 11:55 AM

No stories today about the elite VCSO. I guess the News Journal was remiss in their reporting.

10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
the VCSO is "Volusia's 911" and should be the state of Florida's 911.

No hate happening here Deputy Dooright, there's nothing wrong with a little' "pride" in one's agency but that comment is a certainly biased towards the VCSO by an individual who doesn't have much real world knowledge of Florida law enforcement. Perhaps a 20 something year old kid with no education, no life experience, and no prior law enforcement service. Many law enforcement agencies in this state would take offense in you claiming the VCSO is “Florida's 9-1-1“, especially the much larger ones with more training than you can dream about (hence there hiring standards being much more stringent).

Lets all be quite honest here, your an average agency, no better no worse. Let's leave the big time policing to the big time agencies and the rural stuff to deputies like you. Congratulations on your agency news articles in the Daytona Beach News Journal.....

10-29-2010, 11:04 PM
I know of no other agency that has an annual "stress" shoot. Part of the tough and demanding training is what separates the VCSO from others.

10-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I know of no other agency that has an annual "stress" shoot. Part of the tough and demanding training is what separates the VCSO from others.

I know several Florida agencies that have a stress shot for annual qualifications,. Research it young lad, your "elite" training "ain't" so elite. It's what separates the bigger agencies from the smaller ones along with the hiring qualifications. No offense Deputy Dooright, the rural areas need policing too so you are certainly needed in your county but the VCSO is definitely not "Florida's 9-1-1” in reference to your initial post.

10-29-2010, 11:49 PM
[quote="Guest"]I know several Florida agencies that have a stress shot

Oops....meant stress SHOOT, see I'm not too "elite" to be wrong.

10-31-2010, 12:03 PM
I know several Florida agencies that have a stress shot

Oops....meant stress SHOOT, see I'm not too "elite" to be wrong.

I just read in the paper about the fantastic job in arresting the carjackers. Just another fantastic job VCSO!!