PDA

View Full Version : Integrity matters - Sink for Governor

10-26-2010, 04:59 PM
For years, the FOP followed a party line without enough research on the issues. They steadfastly endorsed Republicans, no matter how "out there" the candidates were. Now let's give credit to the organization for recognizing what the Chamber of Commerce cannot: Rick Scott has failed in business, escaping with millions of dollars in his pockets and crippling the company as president; that he lied under oath in a deposition and does not have the integrity to hold state office; he will dismantle funding for public safety and is unfit to hold office.

In my book, integrity matters.

I have voted for Republicans and Democrats alike. I have campaigned to support candidates in both parties and couldn't care less what party the person is attached to.

I have voted for Lawton Chiles for Senate, a moderate Democrat who loved this state and knew the issues better than nearly any one. I have also voted for another Democrat, Bob Graham, a real policy wonk who worked quietyly behind the scenes to move FL into the top tier of most national stages. And I voted for Charlie Crist, A Republican, because he is conservative where it matters - in my pocket - and moderate on personal and social matters, like abortion and education.

This election for governor offers two very different people, my friends. Alex Sink, well educated, experienced, and well-known versus Rick Scott, who has lived in FL only seven years with a record that really ought to scare you when it comes to decision-making, lack of impulse control, and mostly....integrity.

There are those who come on these boards to just stir it up or entertain. But for the rest of us, it is my sincere hope that sworn members will not support a man or woman who does not respect the process of being under oath. Which is why you ought to vote for Alex Sink.Independent voter also