PDA

View Full Version : UNDERSTANDING THE MONSTERS AMONG US.

THOMAS HOBBES
10-26-2010, 04:09 PM
The month of October is characterized by the spirit of Halloween. A season related to monsters and the like. In view of this season I offer a few thoughts in my: “Understanding the Monsters, A Survival Guide for Working in Stressful Departments”. I contend for a different reading of all these collection of Monsters and spooky creature. I propose that all seems to have a common denominator.

With all are familiar with Gabrielle Villenueve's 1740 The Beuty and the Beast. We all know the plot, a romance between a beast and a beautiful innocent girl.

Many years has pass since Mary Shelly wrote her infamous work “Frankenstein” back in 1818 when she was only 18-19 years of age. Unlike to the populace’s vision of the work, Frankenstein is not just about a Monster terrorizing innocent people. The original conception Is about a monster who couldn’t find its counterpart to love and sustain a meaningful relationship on equal terms. Thus the monster return to Dr. Frankenstein and oblige him to create a female counterpart as a bride for him. Frankenstein represents a misunderstood monster in seek of love.

Bram Stoker’s original creation back in 1897 follows the same plot. Dracula is not just about a blood sucker with supernatural powers. In reality, Dracula is a novel of love, yes is morbid, and terror like, but Dracula is loaded with romantic nuances. The main character was a good, honest man who was deeply in love with his wife Elizabeth. She commits suicide and his frustrated loved for her turns him into a despicable monster. 400 years letter, this monster living in total darkness project his love in the person of Mina Harker who is an innocent, Victorian British women but married to a young realtor named Jonathan. Dracula travels to London to reclaim Mina for himself. Dracula is not just the terrified monster, but he is also the ultimate seducer and lover. After 400 years he still loving Elizabeth and he sees Mina as his new Elizabeth. At the end he conquers Mina’s heart and they both fall in love. She is that one who kills him back in his castle, not before kissing him and confessing her love for him too in the same place where Elizabeth died 400 years ago, in this way she frees him of his 400 years curse.

Nosferatu a Symphony of Horror of 1921 is just the German copy of Bram Stokers Dracula, but the plot instead being in London is in a German town, and instead being Mina Harker, is Ellen Hutter and Dracula is called Orlok.

Perhaps most notable is the character of Merry Cooper back in 1931 King Kong! This is also another plot of love. The beautiful American female Ann Darrow is offered to the beast by the natives of a pacific island as a sacrifice. The beast is struck by her beauty and decides to keep her for himself instead. At the end she also develops a mutual affection towards King Kong.

What all these monsters wants is love and acceptance they are too lonely and miserable because of things thta happend to them in the past.

It is said in the academy that 90% of the stress in Police Departments are internal and self created instead of external. This perhaps explains why some slow paced departments tend to be very stressful.

I believe that it doesn’t matter who we are, we all have the potential to get along well. there is something positive even in the most heinous creatures!

Yes there are monsters among us, some more gentle than others. But like these fictional creatures, they need to come to terms with themselves, deal with their own dark side, instead focusing in ruining fellow officers reputation and thus destroying others careers.

the key here is can a monster be loved? and is he capable to payback with love? lol lol lol

Happy October!

10-26-2010, 06:32 PM
You gots waaaay too much time on your hands :snicker: .

THOMAS HOBBES
10-27-2010, 12:30 PM
NO REALLY. THE DIFFERECE LIES IN THOSE WHO MAKE TIME TO STUDY, AND EDUCATE THEMSELF AND THOSE WHO AFTER WORK JUST GO HOME TO WATCH A REALITY TV SHOW AND DO NOTHING ELSE WITH THEIR LIVES. AND THUS ARE INCAPABLE TO OFFER A TOUGHT ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE WITH THE EXEPTION OF ISSUES RELATED TO THE EQUIVALENT OF THE MODERN ROMAN CIRCUS: MEANING, FOOTBALL GAMES OR AN UFC GLADIATOR FIGURE.

THERE ARE TWO KIND OF PEOPLE, THOSE WHO FOLLOWS THE MOB (OR THE POPULACE) AND THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND THE MOB.

I HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO FOLLOW THEM, BUT TO UDERSTAND THEM AND THEN TO FEEL PITY FOR THEM. LOL LOL LOL LOL

PEACE.

THOMAS HOBBES.

10-28-2010, 10:29 AM
YOU ARE AN IDIOT YOU NEED A "GIRLFRIEND'" SOMETHING ELSE IN YOUR LIFE. WRITING ABOUT MONSTERS WHEN SO MANY OTHER IMPORTANT ISSUES SHOULD BE ADDRESS.

THOMAS HOBBES
10-28-2010, 04:34 PM
AVATAR: LET ME CONTEXTUALIZE YOU A BIT (by the way, are you sure you know what "contextualize" means).

IN OTHER WORDS, LET ME BRING YOU HOME, I SEE YOU ARE WANDERING TOO MUCH OFF THE TARGET IN HERE.

FIRST TO ALL, I HOPE THIS IS NOT THE WAY YOU TIPICALLY OPERATES....I MEAN INSULTING PEOPLE YOU DESAGREED WITH. (idiot????.) lol lol lol -

SECOND, I INSPIRE YOU TO RE-READ AGAIN. MY POST WAS NOT ABOUT "MONSTERS". IT DOES MENTION MONSTERS, BUT THE THRUST OR MAIN POINT OF THE MESSAGE IS THAT A MONSTER IS A CREATURE IN DEEP CRISIS WITH HIMSELF. AND THAT THIS CRISIS IS MORE LIKELY THAN NOT CONNECTED TO THE LACK OF LOVE IN THEIR LIVES. I HOPE YOU DISCERN THE TREES FROM THE FOREST.

THIRD, YOU MENTIONED THAT THERE ARE OTHERS MORE "IMPORTANT ISSUES", SURE, I AGREE WITH YOU. THERE ARE ALWAYS SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT AND RELEVANT TO TALK ABOUT!. BUT I STRONGLY FEEL THAT IF I HAD COME UP IN HERE WITH AN SLANDER, NEGATIVE CRITICISM, OR TRASHING A FELLOW OFFICER OR A SUPERVISOR, YOU WOULD CELEBRATE MY POST! (SORRY BUT THAT IS NOT MY STYLE).

FOURTH, DIFFERENT PEOPLE EXPRESES THEMSELF IN DIFFERENT WAYS, JUST LIKE DIFFERENT OFFICERS CARRY ON THEIR DUTIES IN EACH OWN DIFFERENT AND DISTINTICVES STYLES. YOU DONT SEEM TO BE SENSITIVE TO THIS REALITY.

FIFTH, WHATEVER YOU THINK OF MY POST IS VERY SIMPLE: I CAME TO THIS FORUM AND MAKE A POINT ( THROUHG THE ARTS) AND THEN MOVE TO AN APPLICATION (ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENT) WITH THE PURPOSE TO ENTERTAIN AND BUILD UP (EDIFICATION). ON THE OTHER HAND, YOU COME UP IN HERE, OFFER AND INSULT (IDIOT) THEN MOVE TO A SARCASM (YOU NEED A GIRFRIEND) WITH THE PURPOSE TO OFFEND. CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE?

SIXT: IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SUBJECT, WHY DO YOU BODER TO READ IT IN THE FIRST PLACE? IF YOU ARE NOT FOUND OF MY STYLE, WHETHER BECAUSE YOU CANT UNDERSTAND IT OR BECAUSE YOU DESAGREE, WHY DO YOU CHOSE TO READ MY POST ANY WAY? LOL LOL LOL

SEVENTH: YOU ARE THE LIVING PROOF THAT MY POST IS WORTH THE THOUGHT...BECAUSE IF YOU BRING ENNOUGH POISON AND HOSTILITY IN HERE WITH MERELY TWO LINES, I WONDER HOW MUCH HOSTILITY AND STRESS YOU EXPELL TO YOUR CO-WORKERS AT THE DEPARTMENT IN 40 HRS PER WEEK? LOL

EIGTH: YOU SUGGEST THAT I NEED A GIRLFRIEND OR SOMETHING, HEY, MAYBE YOU ARE RIGTH! BUT WHAT ABOUT YOURS NEEDS ......IS THERE ANY? LOL LOL LOL

ALL RIGTH...TAKE CARE AND PEACE!

LOL