PDA

View Full Version : Fort lauderdale shuts down board

10-18-2010, 02:31 AM
These post are interagency (Fort Lauderdale) and are being monitored to see who authorizes them to be removed and why. Please see our site for more information. All of these posts are totally within the rules and guidelines of the board. The previous post and threads were removed to keep the information away from officers

10-18-2010, 02:39 AM
Do you want LEOAFFAIRS.COM to maintain a Message Board on their site for your agency (Fort Lauderdale)
As of tonight
No 212 82%

Not Sure 1 10%

Yes 11 4%

Absolutely we are in dire need of it! 34 13%

Total Votes : 258

10-18-2010, 02:45 AM
While I agree that often the non-sense and bad grammer that is aired on the FLPD Blog makes the Department look bad. [Spell check feature would be a great improvement. Hint, hint!] Limiting freedom of speech is not the solution. I believe if the Command handled things with accuracy, truthfulness, fairness, and with common reason and discretion, then people would not have reason to post negative comments that make the Department look bad. It is called leadership-- leadership by example. Instead we have a clear double standard system. Citizens and fellow officers have a right to know the truth about what is happening. This message board is one way to get the truth out and to prevent the Department from vindictiveness and coverups that they are commonly known for. Knowledge is king. While I personnal oppose negative and nasty and personal postings, I am in favor of allowing an anyomous unedited forum for discussion.

There is a great quote from the new Wall St. Movie that fits FLPD insiders very well. "You stop telling lies about me and I will stop telling the truth about you."

10-18-2010, 02:47 AM
The reason the request to shut down our board was simple. The owner of Leoaffairs is the State FOP President. There were numerous posts about current investigations and grievances, some started by the media. This was a detriment to my lodge.Jack Lokeinsky

10-18-2010, 02:48 AM
Why did you take down the other reply that was on here MR. 1st Ammendment SYSOP? Face the truth, this survey IS bogus.

Only votes from OUR lodge count...no media, no repeat votes, no civilians??? How will you know?

This is only a forum to spread negativity, gossip and other sewage and YOU are getting rich off it while claiming to be providing a service to the LEP community. Give me a break, this site, while I beleiove was CREATED for just purposes has morphed into a totally different monster. Look at the posts from the other departments too. Its not unique to FLPD. You know it, but your wallet may be overriding your better judgement.

I bet you take this post down too. The 1st ammendment isnt just leaving the posts you like. Nothing here violates the terms of use but neither did the other post I see you removed.

10-18-2010, 02:49 AM
Mr. Sysop why don't you tell everyone that you are a Tampa police officer? If you are a member of the Fraternal Order of Police I will ask that you be a member not in good standing as there is nothing on this garbage filled site that is in the interest of my members. P.S. why didn't you respond to my email? You are as much a coward as the rest of the anonymous people who post on this site

10-18-2010, 02:52 AM
I need this site to make myself feel better. You see, I am not going to be a catalyst for change in my department, I am just going to complain about it on this "for-profit" web site. I am a watcher. I will sit back and watch the very things that affect me play out before my very eyes and come home and type about it. A real patriot, I am.Please dont take down my site......I need it. If it was gone, I may actually have to muster up the gonads to tell someone how I feel to their face. Witht hsi site I cn continue to say all the great things I would do except for my fear of revenge and reprisals from the bad people in admin. The way they went after those hard working cops that have been in trouble lately...they were victims I tell you. And the 10% raise I got when other departments are laying people off. Unreal. And the city manager who was run out of here by the FOP (soon to be followed by his friends). I cant take it any more. The conditions are unbearable. This is not worth the 150K a year I make after 3 years here.

"Mom, I'm coming."

Gotta go. My mom is calling me for dinner.

10-18-2010, 02:55 AM
I was actually supporting this site to a point until yesterday when I noticed how one sided it really is. For months we were bombarded with Wilton Manors post that no one really appeared interested in. It was within the rules of the board since they were so called news stories.

So we posted some information on what our site Fort Lauderdale was doing about bad post on WMPD. No sooner was that posted when the whole thread we removed by the web owner. That information was clearly just one agency talking to another which this site claims to support. So the lesson here is you can spam our site with Police Chief BS, but if you post word for word information that is here it will be erased like a communist newspaper.
This has me now seeing that there is no value in this site at all. Keep it shut down and if they don’t let’s sue them since we have enough members to fight it a long time. Other cities and FOP lodges will follow.