PDA

View Full Version : question for jp

10-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Just a question, when you posted the audio recordings on your website did you read FSS 934.03 and 934.04? What if the alleged tapes are found to have an expectation of privacy or a right of privacy . I would assume that the investigator or judge would have to determined the legal concept with a precise definition, that could take awhile. Nevertheless throughout all the legal mumbo jumbo of those two long statues the word's "disclose and distribution" appears a lot. If it is found that she did have a right to privacy, could you be held accountable? I know that even media has their limitations, that's why I'm assuming the news only reported the story and didn't play the alleged audio stream live? or did you do your homework and not even worried about it?

10-16-2010, 04:29 PM
1. No. I had read them and been aware of them for quite some time prior. Remember, I was once an LEO and I have a Bachelor's with Honors from USF in Criminal Justice as well as having been a professional journalist for a number of big-market radio stations back in the late 1970s through the 1980s. 934.03 is inapplicable as it refers to wiretaps and interceptions of electronic communications, case law and the statute have established that it has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Did you actually read the statutes before writing your post?

2. Not gonna happen. Williams herself states that no-one in the building has any such expectation. If anyone is actually charged in this matter, the defense attorney will have a field day with that and other statements made by Williams.

3. No. Stop trying to pretend you are an idiot. While the content in general might be open source, the MP3 files I created from the audio files created are copyrighted. Other media outlets cannot reproduce my MP3 files without my permission, although they are free to create their own if they acquire the original audio files seperately. The only outlet I gave permission to reproduce the MP3 files was WENG radio.

Serianni's attorney disclosed and distributed the audio to City Attorney Bob Anderson prior to my acquiring and publishing them. I would be in exactly the same trouble, if any, that Serianni's attorney would be in. I inquired about the audio with Anderson, who advised me that Serianni's attorney was free to give me a copy if he so chose but that Anderson would not give me a copy at that time.

BTW: You keep writing "tapes." There is no spoon, there are no tapes. Seeing as you have inexplicably discovered the intrawebs, you might be familiar with the concept of digital audio files.

4.Yes.

5. Yes.

There - I trust that clears things up for you, Sparky. Thanks for playing. Keep sending in those cards and letters, kids.

:devil: