PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs replacement

10-09-2010, 02:23 AM
I hear your chief is leaving in the spring next year. Anyone know who will take his place?

10-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Steven Crowell.

10-10-2010, 11:44 PM
I think they should test for it.

10-13-2010, 10:54 PM
I think TL's contract expires in April? Or right around there.

10-26-2010, 06:34 PM
North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis is North Port’s new interim city manager.
Your all f&cking wrong.
The city is in love with crap leadership.
Replace one loser with an even bigger one.

10-27-2010, 07:40 AM
http://www.yoursun.com/sunnews/northpor ... p.html.csp (http://www.yoursun.com/sunnews/northport/1649689-290/sunnewspaperstopcopnowrunswholeshop.html.csp)

"Capt. Kevin Vespia will be interim police chief."

10-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Now theres a real morale booster for nppd. This guy has 3 days road experience and becomes your chief. Hell has come to your department folks so hang on. :roll:

10-27-2010, 10:28 AM
North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis is North Port’s new interim city manager.
Your all f&cking wrong.
The city is in love with crap leadership.
Replace one loser with an even bigger one.

You're right! And now we have two interim losers, a CM and a chief. Problem here is that the commisioners get to pick the chief. I can understand them picking an interim chief, but the permanent position should be voted on by the people of North Port. Anybody wonder why the commissioners would not give Danny Schult what he was asking for? Can you say SET UP?

10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
He worked at some small agency in CT or MA for some time, Not sue how long though.

10-30-2010, 07:16 PM
As what? He wasn't a cop.

10-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Wasnt' he an auxillary officer? Hardly qualifies for "decades" of law enforcement experience. But, hey, they have to put a good spin on it so they can fool the city commissioners. That way, when TL names him chief in April, the commission will go along with it.

11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
OMG are you guys going to be learning quickly how the fun of this job can be taken away. This guy is going to be worse than any chief you've ever had there. Watch yourselves and hope that TL doesn'nt get his way here.

11-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I think that is TL..looks like him

11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
I am not in your department, but have been reading these posts. Shouldn't you be supporting Chief Vespia? I am sure that he wants to do a good job. I know that he is a nice guy.

11-09-2010, 01:29 AM
I am not in your department, but have been reading these posts. Shouldn't you be supporting Chief Vespia? I am sure that he wants to do a good job. I know that he is a nice guy.

Golly gee, I wonder if this post was made by a certain Sarasota PD officer? If it wasn't then I suggest that you read all the posts here and I'm sure you can figure out that yours is the only post that remotely asks anyone to support this guy. Anyone that works for NPPD knows we now have a new boss that doesn't have a clue on what a real police officer does. Ask the night shift guys that hide when he pretends to be a cop and works our shift. We want nothing to do with him and do everything possible to avoid him. Do you think there's a reason for that?

11-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Look at Sarasota PD, Venice PD, Charlotte County Sheriff's Office, etc. How many of the rank and file in those agencies, and many other agencies, are happy with their boss? You are not alone. You will be better off if you support your boss than if you challenge him. You are not going to change things anyway.

11-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Look at Sarasota PD, Venice PD, Charlotte County Sheriff's Office, etc. How many of the rank and file in those agencies, and many other agencies, are happy with their boss? You are not alone. You will be better off if you support your boss than if you challenge him. You are not going to change things anyway.

Let's see...Sarasota PD..got rid of their unliked chief, Venice PD...got rid of their unliked chief, CCSO...well that's an elected position and they're stuck withwhatever thay get.

11-10-2010, 02:55 AM

So I guess what you are saying is everyone should roll over and follow some guy that hasn't got a lick of experience being a cop and bow down and kiss some ass? Respect comes when respect is earned. Rank doesn't garnish respect as is the case here by talking to several officers in the department.

11-12-2010, 01:21 AM
I have thought long and hard about this and after careful consideration have decided to speak out. While I realize that this will probably fall on deaf ears I have to say that if I wish to make a post I will do so on my own accord and not hide behind a fictious name or keyboard (ie....the posts left on this site implying that I typed them are all false). I would greatly appreciate if people would stop dragging me into these forums as I have nothing to do with your department. Everyone has opinions and are entitled to express them - I just feel that going on to a site that the general public has access to and "airing" negative opinions about a person or the department just makes the people who write them look like whiners and gives the impression that they are just unprofessional. So while I appreciate the fact that these nameless people have a right to give their opinion, I would just like it if they would keep me out of it.

11-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I agree,this board is meant for discussions on what is happening at work good or bad. Family bashing has no place here.

11-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Being an officer from another agency and having several friends at your department, you all should be thankful for what you have. It wasn’t that long ago when we (other agencies) were laughing at your department about what equipment you had, officers that worked for you, and even some of your supervisors. Today, I have to say your agency has come a long way by proving you’re actually an agency (total turn around). Your training department is unbelievable, your equipment you all have in your nice cars, some of us will never see, or if we do, we have to sign out for them. Your agency has even recruited some of our good men/women. Common sense will tell you that this is accomplished when you have an administration that cares about their troops and department. You all have no idea what a morale problem is. I know we don’t always agree with the decisions our administration makes, but we carry them out whether the decision made, you felt was right or wrong. I know TL and KV very well and believe me those of you that are bashing them on this forum, it’s clear they’re for personal reasons, which is understandable. You all have it EASY… If all you can do is attack these two leaders on a personal level, then they’re doing a good job, because you have nothing else on them. I also agree that bashing a person’s family member is uncalled for. It seems your agency likes to poke at family member’s that are totally innocent. It wasn’t that long ago when someone on this forum was bashing a certain Lieutenant of yours hardcore. The stupid comments made led to his family members being bashed as well. That was totally uncalled for and was glad to see it removed. Remember a supervisor and a leader can’t make everyone happy.

11-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Maybe we should ask Lt DG what a good Leader our new interim is like after he stuck it up his rear because he was scared to have someone working for him that tells it like it is. Dg wanted 1 thing and that was to go out of the department as a district commander and it was KV who screwed him out of that. That is no secret to anyone. This was one of the finest most knowledgeable officers and he took it in the shorts.

11-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Remember a supervisor and a leader can’t make everyone happy.

There's a big difference in what you say here. If the 2 are one in the same, I would agree with what you stated. KV might be a supervisor but he is definitely not a leader. People cringe when he's coming their way because they have no idea what ****amamie idea he's going to throw at them next. He might have the rank, but he doesn't have the respect.

11-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Remember a supervisor and a leader can’t make everyone happy.

There's a big difference in what you say here. If the 2 are one in the same, I would agree with what you stated. KV might be a supervisor but he is definitely not a leader. People cringe when he's coming their way because they have no idea what ****amamie idea he's going to throw at them next. He might have the rank, but he doesn't have the respect.
I DONT THINK THERE IS AN OFFICER THAT WOULD DISAGREE WITH THIS

11-16-2010, 11:33 AM
KV is a true example of a kiss AXX. He knows nothing about people and we do not like him being in charge.

11-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Even Jimmy Wayne is lookin good about now folks.

11-17-2010, 06:23 AM
If Jimmy Wayne is looking good right now, then why don't you go and work for him in NC. I dare you...You can call us whenever you want and tell us how great it is working security at the local mall there. I think you (KS) would look good in their uniforms and it's a great retirement job. Pays your medical.

11-17-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm not even going to respond to the above quote. What I don't understand is why people have to come on this site just to ridicule someone that was named to a position by the Chief. What happened to all of us being a TEAM? Nobody is ever going to be perfect at their job, but the nastiness being spread here in this forum is uncalled for and has to stop. Not everyone is going to agree with some decisions that are going to be made by the Interim Chief, but whatever those are we all have to work together. A divided Department serves no purpose to anyone from the Officers to the people we serve. Anyone reading what has been posted here must think there's mayhem going on and that's the furthest thing from the truth. I take a lot of pride in this Agency and would hope each of you do, too. Please stop the mudslinging and get on with keeping NPPD the best of the best.

11-18-2010, 12:33 AM
I couldn't agree with you more L9. Perfect quote, If KV even reads this grap, I just want to tell him a lot of us are proud to stand behind you if he decides to be Chief. Stay the course and we will continue to work hard for you. Good Luck!

11-18-2010, 11:06 AM
If you read the negative posts there is one thing that isvery familiar, the way they are written. It is sad that one person is so entrenched on posting negative things, Get over it, if not leave and go somewhere else. If you no longer work here there is a good reason why.

11-18-2010, 02:18 PM
What I find so amusing are all the comments saying that KV is a "Kiss A**". Well here's a news flash for you - I don't care how much "A** Kissing" one does It's ain't gonna make you the chief in 12 years. You have to have the knowledge and ability to do the job and "A** Kissing" isn't gonna do it for ya. And furthermore you would think that as an agency we would be proud to see one of our own get appointed the position of Interim Chief and who knows - if he decides to take the position he will be the first in the history of North Port to go from road patrol all the way to chief.

It's easy to stand on the side lines and complain about everything and it's even easier when there is someone you can place the blame on. Fact is if you are truly that unhappy and feel that he will do that poorly of a job, go to another agency that will appreciate your vast years and knowledge. Oh, and try not to forget the person that got us the technology and updated equipment - had it not been for him we would still be years and years behind in technology.

So if you can make rank in your career that quickly by all means go for it - but in the process it would be nice if you didn't make personal attacks on his family or him. And for those of you posters that say he isnt a leader - I got news for you - He is the LEADER.

11-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks for giving us your input KV.

11-19-2010, 04:34 AM
http://i9.tinypic.com/4534dmo.jpg

11-20-2010, 03:31 AM
which one the pro or the con?

11-20-2010, 09:28 AM
This was one of the finest most knowledgeable officers and he took it in the shorts.

Dale, it is only fitting that you got it the way you gave it.
The word is Karma!!!!!!
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger though. KS was handed a tube of KY as well.

11-21-2010, 02:10 AM
blah blah blah

11-21-2010, 06:24 PM
blah blah blah

It is kind of hard to understand you when you have a certain part of the male anatomy in your mouth sir or madam.

11-21-2010, 06:24 PM
As an officer with North Port Police, several members on my squad including myself think KV is doing what needs to be done in order to better our community and department. Who cares how fast he’s moved up in rank over the years, to me that just proves it could happen to any one of us. Look at Lt. Arsenault, he has been with our agency for maybe 4 years or just over. I know some people were upset that he was promoted over more qualified Sergeants on this list, but the bottom line is, he came in first over several senior Sergeants and the Chief said, first is first. So KV and GA all they did is prove to us that anyone can move up the food chain within a short period of time, if that’s what our goals are.

I think KV deserves the position of Chief if he wants it. He told a bunch of us several months back that he didn’t want the position of Chief, and now we are hearing that he might. We as a department understand things come up and people tend to change their mind often, however we would like to know where he stands in all of this now if he even knows. From listening to some of the senior guys on the road, they would rather have KV as Chief, because they know him and his views. They say it's when you have to worry about the new kid on the block that comes in from out of state and what’s to change everything around and doesn't like unions, which causes morale issues. I personally like it here and how things are being done. Yes we all have our issues on certain things that happen, but we deal with them and move on. For the Officers or former Officers on this post bashing our department, what the hell is wrong with you guys? Our agency is x8 compare to the surrounding agencies. Lets knock this crap off and move on shall we.

11-21-2010, 06:51 PM
They saw to it that the personnel that were hired on during their watch, had the same kind of thought processes, and attitude that they had. (self serving, overly aggressive, excessively zealous, and power hungry)

Now the Longtimers wonder why in the h*ll these similar personality individuals are scr*wing them over.

"You reap what you sow!"

Personally, I do not think that "V" is able to lead himself let alone others.

11-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Uh wow, that’s the first! I think you’re all alone on an Island with that one buddy. Maybe to help define your lingo a little better, they're "DEDICATED" workers that want to be here and work for this department, and they're those, "LAZY BUTTS" that are here just to make the workers work and collect benefits. Believe me it shows out there who the workers are.

11-23-2010, 02:20 AM
LMAO, not only is he on his own island, by he's smoken some pretty good stuff on the island of his. what an Idiot!

11-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Other then your mindless ad hominem attack, how about some hard facts that disprove such statements I have made.
Those that are denying such were not around when the vast majority of the department (including themselves) were hired.
Unless you can denounce such with facts then please STFU and move on. "Nothing to see here."
Thank You.

11-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Other then your mindless ad hominem attack, how about some hard facts that disprove such statements I have made.
Those that are denying such were not around when the vast majority of the department (including themselves) were hired.
Unless you can denounce such with facts then please STFU and move on. "Nothing to see here."
Thank You.

that may be easy to do if you shared what comments came from you since 90% of the comments are made from guests here.

11-26-2010, 11:47 PM
They saw to it that the personnel that were hired on during their watch, had the same kind of thought processes, and attitude that they had. (self serving, overly aggressive, excessively zealous, and power hungry).

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20101126/ARTICLE/11261019/2416/NEWS?Title=Man-sues-North-Port-over-DUI-arrest

Man sues North Port over DUI arrest

Staff Report

Published: Friday, November 26, 2010 at 1:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, November 25, 2010 at 6:46 p.m.
NORTH PORT -- - A man who says he has difficulty walking a straight line is suing the city of North Port for false arrest, claiming he was arrested on a drunken driving charge even though tests showed he had no alcohol in his system.

Bryan Anderson, 20, is seeking up to $100,000 in damages for "mental suffering, embarrassment, humiliation ... and injury to his feelings and reputation" stemming from the 2008 drunken driving arrest.

Prosecutors later abandoned the case against Anderson, whose breath and urine came up negative for alcohol at the time of his arrest.

According to his arrest report, Anderson, then 18, was driving in the area of Sumter Boulevard shortly after midnight Oct. 4, 2008, when police stopped him for swerving between lanes.

Anderson told police he had been at a Port Charlotte night club, but did not drink any alcoholic beverages or use drugs. He was reportedly unable to complete field sobriety tests and told police he could not walk a straight line, even when sober. He was arrested anyway.

The city declined to comment on the pending litigation Wednesday, but is fighting the case through its insurance pool. A police department review did not find cause for an internal investigation or disciplinary action in the case.

Guess this kinds of proves the overly aggressive, excessively zealous, and power hungry line.
Better pony up the money or risk a real PR disaster.

AGAIN!!!!!!

11-27-2010, 11:24 AM
So because someone decided to filed a lawsuit and it is in the paper you automatically believe the officers were wrong. As far as aggressive officers go, if you work here you must be a call taker only. All departments need aggresive officers, those that will go out and actually look for criminal behavior. Lawsuits are part of the job, if you do not know that you are living with blinders on. I really don't care if you have been a cop for 30 years and have never been sued, we can break that one down many ways. So go ahead and find some reason to justify your negativity we are all waiting for it.

11-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Just look at what was written and you know it wasn't from a cop her but from a disgruntled citizen. Pay no heed.

11-29-2010, 04:32 AM
So because someone decided to filed a lawsuit and it is in the paper you automatically believe the officers were wrong. As far as aggressive officers go, if you work here you must be a call taker only. All departments need aggresive officers, those that will go out and actually look for criminal behavior. Lawsuits are part of the job, if you do not know that you are living with blinders on. I really don't care if you have been a cop for 30 years and have never been sued, we can break that one down many ways. So go ahead and find some reason to justify your negativity we are all waiting for it.

The officers need better training in DUI's. North Port is getting known as the ones that do DUI tests for no reason sometimes Are they just tryign to get the money from MADD for the amounts of arrests even from those that are not guilty?
I do not believe everything in the paper becuase they did not even tell the whole truth about what really happened to this very young man barley 18 years old that night they pulled him over and took him off to Jail and left him there and he did nothing wrong shame on the police in this one.
North Port Police and Police all over the area need to change how they do things
What was done to this young man was so very, very wrong..............

11-30-2010, 01:34 AM

The officers need better training in DUI's. North Port is getting known as the ones that do DUI tests for no reason sometimes Are they just tryign to get the money from MADD for the amounts of arrests even from those that are not guilty?
I do not believe everything in the paper becuase they did not even tell the whole truth about what really happened to this very young man barley 18 years old that night they pulled him over and took him off to Jail and left him there and he did nothing wrong shame on the police in this one.
North Port Police and Police all over the area need to change how they do things
What was done to this young man was so very, very wrong..............

Look, we can all sit back and pick apart anything but that is not what we do on scene. If the officers believed they had PC at the time of the arrest then so be it. Just because a breath test comes back negative means nothing at the time. Urine tests do not come back for months and to assume that they knew at the time the urine was drawn is a false assumption. It is funny how you say the NPPD needs more DUI training since we were slammed in the past for doing to many DUI's. As far as the comment that he was barely 18 years old, what does that have to do with anything? From what I have heard the officers acted in good faith. There is always an attorney out there looking to make a living by suing city's because they know they will settle, it is cheaper than fighting it regardless of the merits of the case. How can you say what happened to this person was very very wrong when you don't even know what actually happened? And there is no such thing of doing field sobriety for no reason. Obviously there is a reason when it is done. You are a very bitter person who has problems with the law. I hope you are never the victim of a DUI crash because if you had been you would understand the reason Police Officers conduct field sobriety. Remember, there is no right to drive, it is a privledge!

12-01-2010, 11:03 AM
So it is okey to ride ones LEO career on DUI arrest only Nick?
You have stated over and over how your personal involvement in a DUI accident made you choose your career.
It is now your obsession to follow a convicted DUI driver to her grave becuase you did not get the conviction you wanted?

You might be looking into another career my friend, you crossed then line from doing cop work into pesonal vendetta.

12-01-2010, 07:23 PM

I wasn't going to respond to this piece of black and white, right and wrong drivel.

Then I thought if I don't who will, so here goes.
In you mind it has nothing to do with right or wrong according to F.S.S., but rather what is right or wrong in your own warped minded.

Your post speaks volumes about your so called job career.
You have in more then one instance in your less then tenured career, been civilly accused of being anything but professional in your job.
You have have the mind set that any job actiong you take is the absolute, undeniable course of action.

Regardless of what ever the results of any investigation reveals about your actions, you are always right.

It was not 30 years of work, rather 25 yrs without such action ever being taken against me.
Out of those 25yrs, 20 was on the road and in a non-traffic related position.

I was nominated PBA Southwest Officer of the Year two times. (not with your rinky dink department either) which is twice as many times as you have been nomitated.

Just by reading you postings it is obvious that you are one of the biggest detriments to the North Port PD.
Do the department and it's citizens a favor and leave the department and chose another career.

12-02-2010, 01:03 AM
this relates to the topic of chiefs replacement how?

12-02-2010, 02:42 AM
So it is okey to ride ones LEO career on DUI arrest only Nick?
You have stated over and over how your personal involvement in a DUI accident made you choose your career.
It is now your obsession to follow a convicted DUI driver to her grave becuase you did not get the conviction you wanted?

You might be looking into another career my friend, you crossed then line from doing cop work into pesonal vendetta.

Sorry but thisis not Nick, you are so one track minded.

12-04-2010, 02:25 AM
this relates to the topic of chiefs replacement how?
I agree, you wanna ***** about someone other than what the topic is about then start another one. Remember first and foremost everyone at NPPD morale is high and any deviation from that will not be tolerated .
signed,
The Administration

12-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Ain't that the truth

12-07-2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.yoursun.com/sunnews/northport/1845746-290/sunnewspapersarbitratorfired911operatorcanreturnto work.html.csp

One of many TL screw ups that the interim chief will have to deal with.

Wonder how many of those who quit their jobs after being threatened by TL with termination would still be here if they had let him fire them?

12-07-2010, 07:39 PM
http://www.yoursun.com/sunnews/northport/1845746-290/sunnewspapersarbitratorfired911operatorcanreturnto work.html.csp

Wonder how many of those who quit their jobs after being threatened by TL with termination would still be here if they had let him fire them?

Blah blah blah, criticize the agency when she screwed up, and now because she was reinstated, if nothing was done you would have said she was protected, get a life.

12-08-2010, 08:15 AM

Blah blah blah.
Please remove your lips from Lewis's backside. No one can understand what your saying.

12-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Blah blah blah.
Please remove your lips from Lewis's backside. No one can understand what your saying.

Your wasting your time responding to him/her. He/She is one of about two dozen who have the mind set that the department is flawless in any action it takes.

The same holds true for their own actions on and off the job.

12-09-2010, 02:28 AM

"In his Monday letter to the city, Socoloff wrote that the penalty imposed upon Kashitskaya was “arbitrary, discriminatory and unreasonable in all circumstances.” He also cited that Kashitskaya received extensive training for her position and received a “very excellent written evaluation from her superiors.”

WHAT??? Lewis making an arbitrary and unreasonable decision about anything?
That is absolutely sacrilegious to even think such a thing.

12-09-2010, 03:25 AM
well look at the option you guys are left with now to make decisions since Lewis left :snicker: are you kidding me? :snicker: :roll:

12-09-2010, 08:29 AM
All Lewis did was have his cloned "Mini-Me" take his place.

12-10-2010, 01:24 AM
And he will clone his department with all the kiss a$$es.

12-10-2010, 03:38 AM
And he will clone his department with all the kiss a$$es.

Will? looks like he's already doin it

12-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Iwanna be a DROID I wanna be a DROID please?

12-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Iwanna be a DROID I wanna be a DROID please?

Then play cards with KV and kiss his ass every chance you get. He'll make you his pet and find a spot for you.