PDA

View Full Version : Officer of the Year

10-08-2010, 11:00 PM
I love reading Officer of the Year (OOTY) Citations at the Division of Law Enforcement. I like the one where the OOTY built the bear proof dumpsters? Matt Dillon would have been proud.

I know the OOTY after that who made it was Grand Poobaa of the Loyal Order of Owls or something. Good stuff. What a hoot. (No pun intended.)

Other agencies have the same old boring citations like arresting lots of people, solving cases, or maybe saving lives. Not here, it is amazing what the Officer of the Year board thinks is great. Of course if you make Officer of the Year the next step is Lieutenant. (Unless you are a former Army Sergeant Major, Deputy, Police Chief, or on the Marine Patrol you can make Lieutenant too, or you can just come over from another agency and make Chief.)

I wonder if the next OOTY will have made a pond to save the endangered sea darter or possibly reduced crime in his/her by park 80%. Whoops the latter one has already been done. Sorry.

I am definitely looking forward to reading the next one. In this day and age everyone needs a good laugh. :D

10-09-2010, 12:18 PM
You should remember that these guys and girls are recognized for their accomplishments in OUR agency. So what if they are involved in a few extra activities? We do hope you enjoy reading about the next award. Could it be jealousy because you were never recognized?

10-09-2010, 05:06 PM
I love reading Officer of the Year (OOTY) Citations at the Division of Law Enforcement. I like the one where the OOTY built the bear proof dumpsters? Matt Dillon would have been proud.

I know the OOTY after that who made it was Grand Poobaa of the Loyal Order of Owls or something. Good stuff. What a hoot. (No pun intended.)

Other agencies have the same old boring citations like arresting lots of people, solving cases, or maybe saving lives. Not here, it is amazing what the Officer of the Year board thinks is great. Of course if you make Officer of the Year the next step is Lieutenant. (Unless you are a former Army Sergeant Major, Deputy, Police Chief, or on the Marine Patrol you can make Lieutenant too, or you can just come over from another agency and make Chief.)

I wonder if the next OOTY will have made a pond to save the endangered sea darter or possibly reduced crime in his/her by park 80%. Whoops the latter one has already been done. Sorry.

I am definitely looking forward to reading the next one. In this day and age everyone needs a good laugh. :D

I have to presume that by your post you must be self declared " Real COP".
Well Real Cop, the DEP Agent that got that award last year was the agent shot while backing up another officer in a traffic stop this week in Florida City. Take the time to find her and ask her; she will tell you that he saved her life.
Take a moment to reflect on that incident and then share the humor with the rest of us.
After you do that, please get a life and get over yourself.

10-10-2010, 09:30 AM

I have to presume that by your post you must be self declared " Real COP".
Well Real Cop, the DEP Agent that got that award last year was the agent shot while backing up another officer in a traffic stop this week in Florida City. Take the time to find her and ask her; she will tell you that he saved her life.
Take a moment to reflect on that incident and then share the humor with the rest of us.
After you do that, please get a life and get over yourself.
Yeah yeah yeah. Whose gun was the "Agent " Shot with ? Give me a break !

10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
You are an imposter Sir.

1- FFWC does not have agents, a real FFWC person would know that.
2- Anyone with FWWC would know what really occurred and not post such trash.
3- Most of FWWC know the FDEP Agent that was shot and what he is made of.

You need to crawl back under whatever rock you reside under and contemplate the miserable exitance that requires you to post such trash on this site.

Our two agencies have worked together in the past and will continue to do so in spite of miserable low lives as yourself trying to stir things up.

10-10-2010, 03:28 PM
The news I read said that the DEP agent initiated the traffic stop, had his gun taken away, and was shot in the hands by a wacko. I say wacko because the suspect was said to be naked when he was arrested. I didn't see anything where the DEP agent was backing up another officer, FWC or otherwise. Of course, how much can you trust the news?

Hopefully, FDLE will release the final results of what happened soon.

My appraisal is that DEP agents, since they don't do many traffic stops, are not well trained in them. Further since they are plain clothes that they most likely don't have retention holsters.

Also it would seem if he saved an FWC officer's life, he will soon get decorated with a medal for heroism. I know that will be little comfort with the serious injuries he received. I hope he recovers soon and the perp gets a room under the jail.

10-10-2010, 10:45 PM
A female FWC Officer initiated the traffic stop, the DEP Agent was backing her up.
The subject first took on the FWC Officer and the DEP Agent got involved.
Here is some discussion on the incident.

viewtopic.php?f=432&t=103689 (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=432&t=103689)

10-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Can you believe the attack on an officer who was just shot and happen to be officer of the year. Ignorance! You must be one of those agency complainers that whine about everything :snicker: . Why not talk about the officer of the yearthat was sleeping in the command trailer on the state park until he got caught? Or maybe shooting his gun in the house because he was not smart enough to clear the weapon? You want more, just give him a call, he is such a truthful person, so we are sure that he will tell you the truth. Don't be a fool and attack an officer who is down! :evil:

10-12-2010, 10:53 PM
According to the police report, officers from the Florida Wildlife Commission said they observed Alvarez driving "carelessly." Alvarez stopped his car before the officer made a traffic stop and got out of his car. The report said Alvarez "became enraged and attacked J. Fernandez [a female officer] with his hands and fists slamming her into her vehicle and then onto the ground."
[/color]Gilbert arrived on the scene as back up and that's when the two got into a struggle. Alvarez somehow got a hold of Gilbert's firearm and shot Gilbert in both hands,the report said. Alvarez then pointed the gun at Fernandez but was taken down by other officers.His legal troubles didn't stop there. Alvarez also became unruly while in custody. The state added more charges based on a police report that states Alvarez became unruly while waiting to receive medical screening at the Miami-Dade County Jail, 1321 NW13th Street on Thursday.
According to the report, Alvarez "jumped up and grabbed" a corrections officer. It took five agents to get Alvarez away from the officer identified as Eboni Donald, the report states.

From the news report, it looks like the agent saved the FWC officers life. I don't see anything indicating poor training or equipment issues.

The news I read said that the DEP agent initiated the traffic stop, had his gun taken away, and was shot in the hands by a wacko. I say wacko because the suspect was said to be naked when he was arrested. I didn't see anything where the DEP agent was backing up another officer, FWC or otherwise. Of course, how much can you trust the news?

Hopefully, FDLE will release the final results of what happened soon.

My appraisal is that DEP agents, since they don't do many traffic stops, are not well trained in them. Further since they are plain clothes that they most likely don't have retention holsters.

Also it would seem if he saved an FWC officer's life, he will soon get decorated with a medal for heroism. I know that will be little comfort with the serious injuries he received. I hope he recovers soon and the perp gets a room under the jail.

10-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Hey DEP brothers/sisters, how is the officer that was shot? Haven't heard much news. We hope that he is doing ok. Please send our regards that we all are praying for him and his family. God Bless !