PDA

View Full Version : Davis Productivity Awards

10-07-2010, 11:22 AM
"Notable Cash Award Winners ($300 Cash Prize):
Agriculture Interdiction Station 19 Team (Ben Burns, Tim Meadors, James McGregor, Tim Rutherford, Clifford Oram, Christy Miller, Christina Benesko, Daniel Pittman, Jason Biggs, James McGregor, Quinn Janack, Larry Merritt, Jason Hutchinson, Chris Collier, Justin Potts, Chip French, Ben Burns, Mark Burke, Jason Boles, Christy London, Scott Winchester, and Mike Padgett from the Office of Agricultural Law Enforcement): The team increased revenue by $770,085 by documenting 8,500 cargo loads of unreported taxable products."

So it takes a "team" to do what single officers on I-75 accomplish every year. There are many officers on 75 that collect well over 1 million dollars a year. Are Burns, Burke, and Rutherford getting $300 each? If they are that is shameful as they had nothing to do with scanning the bills. You could not get any one of them to do it as officers so I know that they are not doing it now. I am more amazed the longer I work here. To the officers, congrats, I guess. At least you are getting extra due to DOR. We have been asking for a cut for years and were always told it is part of out job so we deserve no extra. To SGT and above, shame on you if you take any of the money.

10-07-2010, 08:15 PM
This was just a stunt to try and keep that station open. Now when it is on the chopping block they can bring up this award to justify keeping it open. It costs over $1 million a year to run that station so if that is the yearly total then they are not breaking even.

An officer on 75 should average 4200 bills a year by themselves and many average $500,000+ a year.

Maybe this is like little kids soccer where everyone gets a trophy no matter how bad you play. If that is the case where is mine?