PDA

View Full Version : Racist Emails Circulated From Police Chief's Account

09-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Racist Emails Circulated From Police Chief's Account

Written by Elgin Jones
WILTON MANORS – Offensive e-mails have been regularly circulated in the Wilton Manors police department, a South Florida Times investigation has found. The forbidden practice is not limited to low-level employees; it reaches all way to the top of the department.

One e-mail that was forwarded to top brass on Friday, July 23, 2010, from Chief Richard E. Perez’s account read:

“A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.’ His mother replied, ‘Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!’”

That e-mail is titled, “Mom’s Memory” and it includes a photograph of a white woman walking near a pond with a young boy holding hands, under the caption, “A Mother’s Love.”

It is prefaced with, “Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read it. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine. This is so beautiful.”

Dozens of other e-mails, some including racial slurs, photos of nude women and other insults directed towards President Barack Obama have been circulated through the department from Perez’s e-mail account among his top assistants.

Perez did not return calls seeking comment about whether he sent the e-mails or if someone improperly accessed his account, but his standards referred to in the “Mom’s Memory” e-mail appear to be reflected in an internal police department memorandum.

“All personnel are reminded that the use of City of Wilton Manors Police Department equipment for personal use is prohibited,” reads a Feb. 2, 2007, internal memo Perez issued to police department employees on the subject. “E-mails that use abusive or insulting language towards members of the department are unacceptable and shall not be tolerated.”

A review of city documents shows Perez’s e-mail account regularly exchanged e-mails with his command staff that included jokes and derogatory information targeting the homeless, blacks, members of the Democratic Party and others.

Another e-mail distributed from Perez’s account is titled, “Math Class,” in the form of math questions intended to belittle math courses being taught in inner city schools.

“Dwayne pimps 3 ho's. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day Crack habit?” reads that e-mail. It includes nine other questions depicting similarly derogatory situations.

In addition to Perez’ memo, Wilton Manors personnel policies expressly prohibit the use of city computers for political activity and the distribution of racist or offensive materials.

“It is this City policy that the use of City’s computer and electronic systems to transmit any derogatory language, whether racial, sexual, or otherwise, is unacceptable conduct and will not be tolerated,” reads a section of its personnel rules.

Many of the e-mails contain language that is too graphic for publication and are generally of an insulting nature. One email sent from Perez’s account called Arabs “camel shaggers” and referred to connecting the wet testicles of “rag heads” to a battery. Some included jokes involving the N-word, and expressions of support for political positions.

City Manager Joseph Gallegos could not be reached for comment.

This is not the first time Wilton Manors has been confronted with employees distributing offensive e-mails out of city hall.

OTHER EMAIL ISSUES

Former Assistant Community Services Director Ann Barnes circulated a racist e-mail from city hall, titled, “Proud To Be White: Somebody Finally Said It,” on May 6, 2008.

“Everyone in the United States has privileges except the White race. They are the majority that made the U.S. what it is,” the email proclaimed. “Now look what it has become!”

“You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer who is running from the LAW and posing a threat to ALL of society… You call him racist.”

That e-mail went on to smear Arabs, Hispanics, Jews, and other ethnic groups with racial slurs.

“This email is not putting anyone down. It’s a desperate attempt to keep what we have earned, not been given. I’ve passed this on, now please do your part,” the e-mail said.

Barnes was initially verbally reprimanded but was subsequently suspended with pay and finally negotiated an early retirement.

At that time, city officials asserted there would be no tolerance of employees engaging in racist or offensive conduct of any kind, including through the distribution of emails.

They have not commented, however, on this latest incident involving the police department.

Elgin Jones may be reached at EJones@SFLTimes.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

09-10-2010, 12:25 AM
It’s very interesting how this leaked out from the State Attorney’s office. If it’s all true then the leak is a serious issue for an ongoing investigation. How could such a thing happen? Who would have such access? Who provide such information to the press? Could the name end with Raimondi? Does he have a brother that works in the SAs office? That has a bone to pick with the Chief? Could that be? It may be a good thing that this was leaked so a real investigation can be conducted by the SAs office into evidence and confidential information being leaked to people like in the know.

Racist Emails Circulated From Police Chief's Account

Written by Elgin Jones
WILTON MANORS – Offensive e-mails have been regularly circulated in the Wilton Manors police department, a South Florida Times investigation has found. The forbidden practice is not limited to low-level employees; it reaches all way to the top of the department.

One e-mail that was forwarded to top brass on Friday, July 23, 2010, from Chief Richard E. Perez’s account read:

“A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.’ His mother replied, ‘Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!’”

That e-mail is titled, “Mom’s Memory” and it includes a photograph of a white woman walking near a pond with a young boy holding hands, under the caption, “A Mother’s Love.”

It is prefaced with, “Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read it. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine. This is so beautiful.”

Dozens of other e-mails, some including racial slurs, photos of nude women and other insults directed towards President Barack Obama have been circulated through the department from Perez’s e-mail account among his top assistants.

Perez did not return calls seeking comment about whether he sent the e-mails or if someone improperly accessed his account, but his standards referred to in the “Mom’s Memory” e-mail appear to be reflected in an internal police department memorandum.

“All personnel are reminded that the use of City of Wilton Manors Police Department equipment for personal use is prohibited,” reads a Feb. 2, 2007, internal memo Perez issued to police department employees on the subject. “E-mails that use abusive or insulting language towards members of the department are unacceptable and shall not be tolerated.”

A review of city documents shows Perez’s e-mail account regularly exchanged e-mails with his command staff that included jokes and derogatory information targeting the homeless, blacks, members of the Democratic Party and others.

Another e-mail distributed from Perez’s account is titled, “Math Class,” in the form of math questions intended to belittle math courses being taught in inner city schools.

“Dwayne pimps 3 ho's. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day Crack habit?” reads that e-mail. It includes nine other questions depicting similarly derogatory situations.

In addition to Perez’ memo, Wilton Manors personnel policies expressly prohibit the use of city computers for political activity and the distribution of racist or offensive materials.

“It is this City policy that the use of City’s computer and electronic systems to transmit any derogatory language, whether racial, sexual, or otherwise, is unacceptable conduct and will not be tolerated,” reads a section of its personnel rules.

Many of the e-mails contain language that is too graphic for publication and are generally of an insulting nature. One email sent from Perez’s account called Arabs “camel shaggers” and referred to connecting the wet testicles of “rag heads” to a battery. Some included jokes involving the N-word, and expressions of support for political positions.

City Manager Joseph Gallegos could not be reached for comment.

This is not the first time Wilton Manors has been confronted with employees distributing offensive e-mails out of city hall.

OTHER EMAIL ISSUES

Former Assistant Community Services Director Ann Barnes circulated a racist e-mail from city hall, titled, “Proud To Be White: Somebody Finally Said It,” on May 6, 2008.

“Everyone in the United States has privileges except the White race. They are the majority that made the U.S. what it is,” the email proclaimed. “Now look what it has become!”

“You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer who is running from the LAW and posing a threat to ALL of society… You call him racist.”

That e-mail went on to smear Arabs, Hispanics, Jews, and other ethnic groups with racial slurs.

“This email is not putting anyone down. It’s a desperate attempt to keep what we have earned, not been given. I’ve passed this on, now please do your part,” the e-mail said.

Barnes was initially verbally reprimanded but was subsequently suspended with pay and finally negotiated an early retirement.

At that time, city officials asserted there would be no tolerance of employees engaging in racist or offensive conduct of any kind, including through the distribution of emails.

They have not commented, however, on this latest incident involving the police department.

Elgin Jones may be reached at EJones@SFLTimes.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

09-10-2010, 12:25 AM
It’s very interesting how this leaked out from the State Attorney’s office. If it’s all true then the leak is a serious issue for an ongoing investigation. How could such a thing happen? Who would have such access? Who provide such information to the press? Could the name end with Raimondi? Does he have a brother that works in the SAs office? That has a bone to pick with the Chief? Could that be? It may be a good thing that this was leaked so a real investigation can be conducted by the SAs office into evidence and confidential information being leaked to people like in the know.

09-10-2010, 01:12 AM
It’s very interesting how this leaked out from the State Attorney’s office. If it’s all true then the leak is a serious issue for an ongoing investigation. How could such a thing happen? Who would have such access? No leak. Just a public records request that anyone can make. Who provide such information to the press? [b]Could the name end with Raimondi? NO Does he have a brother that works in the SAs office? That has a bone to pick with the Chief? Could that be? NO It may be a good thing that this was leaked so a real investigation can be conducted by the SAs office into evidence and confidential information being leaked to people like in the know. "In The Know" just copied the information from a news article that is available to anyone that looks.

09-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Well we do have a poster that says he has all this inside information. I would think that since leaking evidence from the state attorney’s office to the press or here may provide for enough cause for a warrant for the IP address for the person with such information. Regardless of any policy the warrant would be able to obtain this. I have seen that this all appears to be a concentrated effort by one person and if they are connected with anyone in the state attorney’s office then the state attorney should proceed to confirm that there is no connection. This could be done by interviewing the poster and making sure there is no family connection and asking how the information was obtained from the SA and other PD sources.
Should the results show a connection then there would be civil and criminal proceedings that could progress since the information is evidence. Also much of the information posted was not factual and clearly had intent and purpose?

I am a transplant as they called me in a post. I am not a friend of a buddy of anyone in command here but I am proud to be here. I believe as well that this is one individual that has taking this on as named in the post. Many of my brothers believe same and we are getting tired of the attack since the intent has no honest merit. As active sworn officer intend to contact the sate attorneys and request that an investigation be conducted since there is a serious problem there with evidence and leaks. I am sure my name will be leaked at that time but you can have at me all you want then. I already retired once with honor.

It’s important that truth be told and if the e-mails are fact so be it. That is for the Chief to explain but funny how so many things are so well constructed and coming out in a line one person appears to be the conductor. Was all this done with a little help from inside WMPD? Sounds crazy well not as crazy as you might think.

The last issue I had as x FLPD is the all the statements made about the Chief and his record and the other totally fabrication of the pension board making statements. I like several others checked into this and it was not even remotely true. Zero facts ( a lie) I have enough time on the job that when people post BS and make it up as they go it’s a scam for some other reason other than God and Country

09-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Yes you did but it will come out how it got there, it will come out that you have been posted facts that are not true. You will have to expalin to an invetigator where the other so aclled facts came from. For now keep posting and leaking evidence .

It’s very interesting how this leaked out from the State Attorney’s office. If it’s all true then the leak is a serious issue for an ongoing investigation. How could such a thing happen? Who would have such access? No leak. Just a public records request that anyone can make. Who provide such information to the press? [b]Could the name end with Raimondi? NO Does he have a brother that works in the SAs office? That has a bone to pick with the Chief? Could that be? NO It may be a good thing that this was leaked so a real investigation can be conducted by the SAs office into evidence and confidential information being leaked to people like in the know. "In The Know" just copied the information from a news article that is available to anyone that looks.

09-10-2010, 01:35 AM
yea like the Chief and his PER record and the other totally fabrication of the pension board making statements
I guess that was public record. Him going after females that was public record? Oh we arready heard about the secret file room break in. What will you gus do next.
Doing that stuff in a PD is serious and you were going to try to hang him right ? Once WMPD does the IA some truth will come out. The little Raimondi crew will be joining you without a job.

09-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Chief PEREZ and staff dont take this anymore on the chin. You city staff and Police staff need to rid yourself of the one or two roaches. The Mayor should also say enough with this old WMPD we do what we want when we want. Give them 5 punches back alreday

09-10-2010, 01:39 AM
you tell no truth Raimond

09-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Hope your BRO in SA did not say or do to much ???

09-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Sound like the Chief may Raimond sitting with hime for an interview with the SA. I wonder who will do better. The guy who may have sent e-mails that should not have be sent or were wnet by others or the SA worker that leaks evidence and other information?

Hope your BRO in SA did not say or do to much ???

09-10-2010, 03:42 AM
Think of an officer breaking into an office to make it look like command staff may have done so. Funny how the Chief was not there on the day in question. Yet you have the crew telling the lie. You may have shot your load on this one. You are criminals and need to be arrested in your uniform

09-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Too far crew Too far. The heat is on you now crew

Think of an officer breaking into an office to make it look like command staff may have done so. Funny how the Chief was not there on the day in question. Yet you have the crew telling the lie. You may have shot your load on this one. You are criminals and need to be arrested in your uniform

09-10-2010, 06:39 AM
B & E of a police station office is very serious stuff. Maybe more serious than e-mails and made up stories about a Chief. I wonder how that would look in a cops PER file. It might read arrested at work. At least we know this one is true and one of your crew did it and you will get caught. Maybe the brother at the SAs office can charge you and set bail?

Maybe the one who knows and was not totaly in on it has a very short window to cut the deal now or face the felony. Think fast. Too far guys !

09-10-2010, 04:01 PM
They have gone to far and now need to see the inside of a cell

B & E of a police station office is very serious stuff. Maybe more serious than e-mails and made up stories about a Chief. I wonder how that would look in a cops PER file. It might read arrested at work. At least we know this one is true and one of your crew did it and you will get caught. Maybe the brother at the SAs office can charge you and set bail?

Maybe the one who knows and was not totaly in on it has a very short window to cut the deal now or face the felony. Think fast. Too far guys !

09-10-2010, 05:59 PM
It is comical what you guys talk about on here. What I want to know. Is how did this guy become chief? Whether you agree with the supposed E-mails or not or support him or not, what kind of retard uses his city computer to forward or comment on inappropriate E-mails. A person dumb enough to do this cannot lead a police department. Does he even have common sense. He is really not that bright or just thinks he can do whatever he wants without repercussions. Poor Ann Barnes.

09-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Ha ha Poor ANN too funny.

It is comical what you guys talk about on here. What I want to know. Is how did this guy become chief? Whether you agree with the supposed E-mails or not or support him or not, what kind of retard uses his city computer to forward or comment on inappropriate E-mails. A person dumb enough to do this cannot lead a police department. Does he even have common sense. He is really not that bright or just thinks he can do whatever he wants without repercussions. Poor Ann Barnes.

09-11-2010, 12:02 AM
It’s very interesting how this leaked out from the State Attorney’s office. If it’s all true then the leak is a serious issue for an ongoing investigation. How could such a thing happen? Who would have such access? Who provide such information to the press? Could the name end with Raimondi? Does he have a brother that works in the SAs office? That has a bone to pick with the Chief? Could that be? It may be a good thing that this was leaked so a real investigation can be conducted by the SAs office into evidence and confidential information being leaked to people like in the know

09-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Hey "Guest", you are boring. You keep posting the same accusations over and over without any factual basis.
Could be grounds for a libel law suit from the person you are accusing.

:cop: The story has hit Channel 6 News and the Sun-Sentinal Newspaper already. Check their web sites. :cop:
I am quite sure they checked the veracity of the story before airing it or printing it. I am sure that there will be more to follow.

It’s very interesting how this leaked out from the State Attorney’s office. If it’s all true then the leak is a serious issue for an ongoing investigation. How could such a thing happen? Who would have such access? Who provide such information to the press? Could the name end with Raimondi? Does he have a brother that works in the SAs office? That has a bone to pick with the Chief? Could that be? It may be a good thing that this was leaked so a real investigation can be conducted by the SAs office into evidence and confidential information being leaked to people like in the know

09-11-2010, 01:02 AM
It could be if we dont believe it. I am will to go for it how about you? I thin its true and want to see thefacts. The suite would permit all the IPs to be exposed. I am in.

Hey "Guest", you are boring. You keep posting the same accusations over and over without any factual basis.

:cop: The story has hit Channel 6 News and the Sun-Sentinal Newspaper already. Check their web sites. :cop:
I am quite sure they checked the veracity of the story before airing it or printing it. I am sure that there will be more to follow.

09-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Did you not psot that the Chief had documenst in his PER folder? A LIE
Did you post lots of females had issue at FLwith him? A Lie
Did you post that the Pen board had made statements A LIE

It could be if we dont believe it. I am will to go for it how about you? I thin its true and want to see thefacts. The suite would permit all the IPs to be exposed. I am in.

09-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Its the Raimondi boys in the game here. There is a leak in the SAs office no public records were released to the press only the SAs office???

09-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Did you not psot that the Chief had documenst in his PER folder? A LIE
Did you post lots of females had issue at FLwith him? A Lie
Did you post that the Pen board had made statements A LIE

Where are the facts Raimondi is that a Libel suit?

09-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Who cares where the info came from. The problem is the chief is so dumb or pompous that he used is city computer. The other problem is so many people hate him that the haters will continue to watch him like a hawk. If your gonna be a d ck all the time to people better not break any rules and use a little sense. Just a little idiot! Poor Ann!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

09-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I love the idle threats from Resnick, Newton and Gallegos in the paper. What a joke. I also see the chief is gonna use the pedophile defense. Anybody could have used that computer. right......................... He'll get off with nothing.

09-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Wilton Manors —
September 10, 2010

City officials are investigating racist and offensive e-mails that were sent from the city email account of Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard E. Perez.

City Manager Joseph Gallegos said he was in the process of collecting all the e-mails. He said the investigation will take about a week.

"I'm not happy about it. There will be consequences for whoever is involved," Gallegos said.

City officials confirmed that dozens of e-mails including racial slurs, photos of nude women and other insults directed toward President Barack Obama were circulated through the Police Department from Perez's e-mail account.

It is not clear if Perez sent them or if someone improperly accessed his account to send them.

Perez could not be reached by comment. Calls to the Police Department about the matter were referred to Gallegos.

Gallegos said, "He [Perez] did not deny it." Gallegos would not elaborate, citing the investigation.

According to the South Florida Times, which reported on the e-mails this week, one e-mail from Perez's account read:

"A little boy said to his mother, 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.' His mother replied, 'Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!'"

The newspaper said the e-mail is titled, "Mom's Memory" and it includes a photograph of a white woman walking near a pond with a young boy holding hands, under the caption, "A Mother's Love."

It is prefaced with, "Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read it. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine. This is so beautiful."

Mayor Gary Resnick said the investigation may be expanded to include other city employees who also allegedly sent offensive e-mails.

"The city of Wilton Manors prides itself on being a respectful, tolerant and diverse community," Resnick said. "We will not tolerate any employee being disrespectful or unprofessional."

Commissioner Scott Newton said he was aware of the e-mails but had not seen them.

"There will be consequences. We have not tolerated this in the past and we won't this time," Newton said. "The city manager will do what's appropriate. They haven't finished the investigation. Nothing will be swept under the rug."

Gallegos said personal use of city computers is prohibited, including sending anything deemed political, racist or offensive. "We don't do business that way," he added.

In 2008, former Assistant Community Services Director Ann Barnes was reprimanded for forwarding a racist e-mail. She was suspended with pay and later negotiated an early retirement.

Perez became police chief in January 2006, the first Hispanic to lead the department. He came to Wilton Manors from the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, where he spent more than two decades.

In 2007, Perez himself was the target of negative comments posted on a website for law enforcement agencies that encourages frank discussion.

"Wasn't the new chief supposed to build the department into a great place to work? What on earth does he think he is doing?," one writer wrote. "This isn't the Mafia."

At the time, Perez said he was disappointed that some of his officers might be posting, but said they are entitled to do so off duty from their own computers.

On the same website, a thread about the e-mails Perez allegedly sent had been viewed 84 times and readers had added 15 comments as of Friday afternoon.

Michael Turnbell can be reached at mturnbell@sunsentinel.com or 954-356-4155. Follow him on Twitter @MikeTurnpike or on Facebook at http://www.sunsentinel.com/concreteideas

09-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Police Chief Could Be in Hot Water Over Racist E-mails
Police Chief routinely sends obscene and racist e-mails to staff, report says
By TODD WRIGHT
Updated 7:19 PM EDT, Fri, Sep 10, 2010

Print Share Buzz up!12retweet0diggsdigg

After chasing bad guys all day, it's understandable cops could use a good laugh.

But the kind of humor circulating around the Wilton Manors Police Department might not be so funny to minorities, women or President Barack Obama.

And the dozens of crude and offensive jokes being sent by e-mail are all coming from the police chief's computer, reports the South Florida Times.

The e-mail scandal hasn't resulted in disciplinary action yet, but it appears the Broward State Attorney's Office is looking into the matter.

Residents Respond to Police Chief's Jokes
WATCH Residents Respond to Police Chief's Jokes
Among the jokes found in Police Chief Richard Perez's e-mail was a story hinting Obama is the offspring of a woman and a dog.

]“A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.’ His mother replied, ‘Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!’” read the e-mail, sent from Perez on July 23[/size].

The South Florida Times quotes another e-mail, entitled "Math Class" that appears to be poking fun at education in the inner city.

]“Dwayne pimps 3 ho's. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day Crack habit?” reads that e-mail[/size].

Other e-mails include nude pictures, racial slurs and jokes degrading women, blacks and other minority groups. Several jokes also target the Democratic Party.

Mayor Gary Resnick said the city manager is also investigating the matter and that a decision could be made as early as next week.

"We have no tolerance for anything like this," he said.

Perez became Wilton Manors first Hispanic police chief in 2005 after a decorated career with the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

Like most cities, Wilton Manors prohibits employees from sending racial and obscene images and jokes from their government e-mails.
But what happens when one of the city's leaders is the person sending the e-mails?

Perez has not commented on the issue yet.

09-11-2010, 02:31 PM
UPDATED: Wilton Manors Police Chief's Racist EmailsBy Bob Norman,
Fri., Sep. 10 2010 @ 9:20AM
By Bob Norman

this has been a crazy morning, but a breaking story has come up from the South Florida Times that will have to supercede Elvis in Margate for now.

?Times reporter Elgin Jones obtained emails that came from the account of Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard Perez that are blatantly racist. From the article:

One e-mail that was forwarded to top brass on Friday, July 23, 2010, from Chief Richard E. Perez's account read:

]"A little boy said to his mother, 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.' His mother replied, 'Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark[/size:1emstdhx]!'"

That e-mail is titled, "Mom's Memory" and it includes a photograph of a white woman walking near a pond with a young boy holding hands, under the caption, "A Mother's Love."

It is prefaced with, "Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read it. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine. This is so beautiful."

That's just one of the emails uncovered by the newspaper. What's ironic about all this is that Perez is a minority himself, the first Hispanic police chief in Wilton Manors and, before that, the first Hispanic captain at the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

When he was hired, Perez was touted as a big minority hire by the city. In a Sun-Sentinel story on Perez last year, he talked about being discriminated against by people on the beat.

Read excerpts from that article and more incredible email stupidity inside after the jump.

Here's another Perez email, which was titled "Math Class":

]"Dwayne pimps 3 ho's. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day Crack habit[/color]?"

That's just one of nine questions. Sadly, the newspaper decided that a lot of the content of the emails it obtained wasn't suitable for publication.

"Many of the e-mails contain language that is too graphic for publication and are generally of an insulting nature," Jones writes. "One email sent from Perez's account called Arabs 'camel shaggers' and referred to connecting the wet testicles of 'rag heads' to a battery. Some included jokes involving the N-word, and expressions of support for political positions."

Yo, Elgin, send it this way and we'll give it the light of day.

Look, you see these types of emails being sent around by idiots all the time. But when they come from a police chief, it's pretty amazing to see. Jones also dug up one from then-Assistant Community Services Director Ann Barnes that went around City Hall. It was called, subtly enough, "Proud to Be White: Somebody Finally Said It."

Here's some of the text of the email:

"Everyone in the United States has privileges except the White race. They are the majority that made the U.S. what it is. Now look what it has become!

"You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer who is running from the LAW and posing a threat to ALL of society... You call him racist.

"... This email is not putting anyone down. It's a desperate attempt to keep what we have earned, not been given. I've passed this on, now please do your part."

Barnes is no longer working for the city and Perez? We'll see.

But the side of Perez revealed by the emails is a far cry from the public face he wore. Here's an excerpt from the Sentinel story on his hiring.

Citizens accustomed to a mostly white police force weren't always kind to police officers of color. Perez remembered a white citizen in a wide straw hat and cowboy boots driving his vehicle into the back of what he called a "car full of coloreds." He had been drinking and was giving a woman Fort lauderdale police officer difficulty when Perez arrived as back up.

The citizen groaned. "Doesn't Fort Lauderdale have any white officers?" Perez recalls him asking.

Perez never believed he would see an African-American elected president. But he's excited about what his election means for women, Hispanics and other minority groups.

"I think it's wide open now," Perez said. "Women, Hispanics, Asians and African-Americans if they can do the job, give them a shot."

Perez said he would advise President-elect Barack Obama to "be our president, and a black man second. He's my president, too."

Actually that stuff about being a "black man second" is a little dubious too.

09-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Its the Raimondi boys in the game here. There is a leak in the SAs office no public records were released to the press only the SAs office???

09-11-2010, 05:24 PM
My question is who is going to issue a apalogy to the President of the United States for the misconduct of Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard E. Perez ?

09-11-2010, 08:37 PM
While he makes than one for an e-mail that was sent from outside the PD can you guys give an apalogy for the B & E that was done in the WMPD building.Will the Raimondi boys due the same?
I am also sure not one of you has ever seen, told e-mail or have a joke that is like this one or close to it. In each case you call evryone to send an apalogy. It would be good to see e-mails from Raimondi's PC to see if this has ever happened?

My question is who is going to issue a apalogy to the President of the United States for the misconduct of Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard E. Perez ?

09-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Love to be a fly on the wall when the Department of Justice Civil Rights people start knockin on doors and start askin questions about the racist e mails including the Obama ones. Question is whose will still be around to open them doors? And how many were sent by Chief Perez after he was notified he was a target under the SA public corruption investigation, when he should have been suspended until now. CM Joseph Gallegos and the City Attorney should both be fired TODAY for making a HORRIBLE decision by not suspending Perez on the spot and the community should be asking some serious questions about there credibility and integrity along with Perez's.

09-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Well Raimondi and Cadwick you me a fly onthe wall soon.

09-12-2010, 12:21 AM
hope u get the meaning Cadwick

Well Raimondi and Cadwick you me a fly onthe wall soon.

09-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Raimondi & Chadwick may try to intimidate the commission and staff. The facts are any e-mails that were sent from him and not by others will be addressed with. Now you are saying that department of justice is coming in on e-mails that not one of you has seen for yourself and who knows who sent them or is on them?
Maybe Raimondi has seen these confidential e-mails at the office but not Chadwick or maybe he has? I hope they do come in to see what is really going on here once the e-mail issue is done. Maybe a good interview with both of you may have some merit.

It would be good for you to also spend as much time on who broke into the personnel office and was trying to fake a file break in? Who was it guys, do you think that is going away?

Chadwick are you aware of anything that could help this investigation?

09-12-2010, 02:45 AM
Raimondi & Chadwick may try to intimidate the commission and staff. The facts are any e-mails that were sent from him and not by others will be addressed with. Now you are saying that department of justice is coming in on e-mails that not one of you has seen for yourself and who knows who sent them or is on them?
Maybe Raimondi has seen these confidential e-mails at the office but not Chadwick or maybe he has? I hope they do come in to see what is really going on here once the e-mail issue is done. Maybe a good interview with both of you may have some merit.

It would be good for you to also spend as much time on who broke into the personnel office and was trying to fake a file break in? Who was it guys, do you think that is going away?

Chadwick are you aware of anything that could help this investigation?

Rumor has it that HR was able to stop DOJ looking at the City and Ann Barnes by dealing with the matter quickly but don't think Chief Richard E. Perez has any friends left on the other side and may welcome the visit. And that EEOC complaint may come back and be revisited. Very interesting kemosabe. hehe

09-12-2010, 04:05 AM
You have to think Fla. Gov. Charlie Crist is F"in" Fumin over his appointment to the Fla. Criminal Justice Standards Comm, Chief Richard E. Perez coming out as a racist and public embarassment ,when Gov. Crist is in the fight of his political life against a very well respected AFRO-AMERICAN DEMOCRAT, Con. Kendrick Meek. You know Meeks campaign will try to shove this up Charlies you know what as soon as they can. Not only do the E mails decree Perez as a racist, but very anti DEMOCRAT as well. This probably will become a NATIONAL story. Charlie you are a smart guy, but how did you get fooled and put this buffon, Chief Richard E. Perez, on as your appointment. Then to add insult to injury, Channel 6 runs a picture of Gov. Crist with Chief Richard E. Perez and his family on their breaking news story on 9/10/10. But from what I have heard, when Charlie gets mad, Charlie gets even. You go Gov.!

09-12-2010, 04:17 AM
Didn't anybody from Wilton Manors check out Perez's Internal Affairs file at FLPD. My god it read like a novel being about 2 inches thick. If you had looked at this you would have never hired this guy who should never have been a cop! I worked with him for just under 16 years and he was a total F up who administration buried the first chance they got. You at the City of WM are getting what you deserve. Big time. He had a history of daggering good people in the back so no FLPD tears are being shed.

09-12-2010, 04:28 AM
CAN YOU SEE THE CITY OF WILTON MANORS GETTING ANY MORE GRANT OR STIMULUS MONEY FROM PRESIDENT OBAMA BECAUSE OF WHAT OUR RACIST FORWARDING POLICE CHIEF DID DISSIN THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-12-2010, 05:27 AM
Up to last week there were no public request for his file in the last year. So plase tell us how tick it is. On another note those that do know dont apper to have the same file as you do. Funny they did pull it for the Chiefs job. They must have missed that big folder. Another BS line. Yea x lima unit that has now file and nevrseen it. Please point out some of these things you appear to know.

Didn't anybody from Wilton Manors check out Perez's Internal Affairs file at FLPD. My god it read like a novel being about 2 inches thick. If you had looked at this you would have never hired this guy who should never have been a cop! I worked with him for just under 16 years and he was a total F up who administration buried the first chance they got. You at the City of WM are getting what you deserve. Big time. He had a history of daggering good people in the back so no FLPD tears are being shed.

09-12-2010, 05:34 AM
Oh yea he will shut of the power, turn off the water, and sell your kids. Give me a break no Stimus money for an alledged e-mail. He may even nuke the city right? He has nevr seen the over one million hits on Google for bad jokes baout him and family. I bet all those folks have been arrested. He commy get real, good one
Raimondi & Chadwick

CAN YOU SEE THE CITY OF WILTON MANORS GETTING ANY MORE GRANT OR STIMULUS MONEY FROM PRESIDENT OBAMA BECAUSE OF WHAT OUR RACIST FORWARDING POLICE CHIEF DID DISSIN THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Yes he will no less run over the Chief with his bike. You are so close with him please let him know to hurry

You have to think Fla. Gov. Charlie Crist is F"in" Fumin over his appointment to the Fla. Criminal Justice Standards Comm, Chief Richard E. Perez coming out as a racist and public embarassment ,when Gov. Crist is in the fight of his political life against a very well respected AFRO-AMERICAN DEMOCRAT, Con. Kendrick Meek. You know Meeks campaign will try to shove this up Charlies you know what as soon as they can. Not only do the E mails decree Perez as a racist, but very anti DEMOCRAT as well. This probably will become a NATIONAL story. Charlie you are a smart guy, but how did you get fooled and put this buffon, Chief Richard E. Perez, on as your appointment. Then to add insult to injury, Channel 6 runs a picture of Gov. Crist with Chief Richard E. Perez and his family on their breaking news story on 9/10/10. But from what I have heard, when Charlie gets mad, Charlie gets even. You go Gov.!

09-12-2010, 05:38 AM

Chadwick are you aware of anything that could help this investigation

09-12-2010, 12:23 PM

Sorry Costello nothing to help

09-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Chadwick

It's funny how you picked EC to answer. In any case I am happy to see that you answered so we all know that you are able to write and do any work at all. I hope you have you key problem fixed with doors.

Sorry Costello nothing to help

09-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey would't it be great if the City did not renew City Manager Joseph Gallegos employment contract at the next Comm Meeting and hired a new City Manager. And the new City Manager would be a afro american gay female who grew up homeless but changed her life around and became a leader in the local Democratic Party. That pretty much covers all the bases. And of course she would pick the new Police Chief and the two new Captains who were sent packin to Tenn and parts unknown.

09-12-2010, 08:50 PM
That would be good but dont bet on it all, save your lotto ticket. Now its the Capts fault as well for the end of the earth. Too funny

Hey would't it be great if the City did not renew City Manager Joseph Gallegos employment contract at the next Comm Meeting and hired a new City Manager. And the new City Manager would be a afro american gay female who grew up homeless but changed her life around and became a leader in the local Democratic Party. That pretty much covers all the bases. And of course she would pick the new Police Chief and the two new Captains who were sent packin to Tenn and parts unknown.

09-12-2010, 10:48 PM
UPDATED: Wilton Manors Police Chief's Racist EmailsBy Bob Norman,
Fri., Sep. 10 2010 @ 9:20AM
By Bob Norman

this has been a crazy morning, but a breaking story has come up from the South Florida Times that will have to supercede Elvis in Margate for now.

?Times reporter Elgin Jones obtained emails that came from the account of Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard Perez that are blatantly racist. From the article:

One e-mail that was forwarded to top brass on Friday, July 23, 2010, from Chief Richard E. Perez's account read:

]"A little boy said to his mother, 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.' His mother replied, 'Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark[/size:39wk9tn8]!'"

That e-mail is titled, "Mom's Memory" and it includes a photograph of a white woman walking near a pond with a young boy holding hands, under the caption, "A Mother's Love."

That's just one of the emails uncovered by the newspaper. What's ironic about all this is that Perez is a minority himself, the first Hispanic police chief in Wilton Manors and, before that, the first Hispanic captain at the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

When he was hired, Perez was touted as a big minority hire by the city. In a Sun-Sentinel story on Perez last year, he talked about being discriminated against by people on the beat.

Read excerpts from that article and more incredible email stupidity inside after the jump.

Here's another Perez email, which was titled "Math Class":

]"Dwayne pimps 3 ho's. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day Crack habit[/color]?"

That's just one of nine questions. Sadly, the newspaper decided that a lot of the content of the emails it obtained wasn't suitable for publication.

"Many of the e-mails contain language that is too graphic for publication and are generally of an insulting nature," Jones writes. "One email sent from Perez's account called Arabs 'camel shaggers' and referred to connecting the wet testicles of 'rag heads' to a battery. Some included jokes involving the N-word, and expressions of support for political positions."

Yo, Elgin, send it this way and we'll give it the light of day.

Look, you see these types of emails being sent around by idiots all the time. But when they come from a police chief, it's pretty amazing to see. Jones also dug up one from then-Assistant Community Services Director Ann Barnes that went around City Hall. It was called, subtly enough, "Proud to Be White: Somebody Finally Said It."

Here's some of the text of the email:

"Everyone in the United States has privileges except the White race. They are the majority that made the U.S. what it is. Now look what it has become!

"You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer who is running from the LAW and posing a threat to ALL of society... You call him racist.

"... This email is not putting anyone down. It's a desperate attempt to keep what we have earned, not been given. I've passed this on, now please do your part."

Barnes is no longer working for the city and Perez? We'll see.

But the side of Perez revealed by the emails is a far cry from the public face he wore. Here's an excerpt from the Sentinel story on his hiring.

Citizens accustomed to a mostly white police force weren't always kind to police officers of color. Perez remembered a white citizen in a wide straw hat and cowboy boots driving his vehicle into the back of what he called a "car full of coloreds." He had been drinking and was giving a woman Fort lauderdale police officer difficulty when Perez arrived as back up.

The citizen groaned. "Doesn't Fort Lauderdale have any white officers?" Perez recalls him asking.

Perez never believed he would see an African-American elected president. But he's excited about what his election means for women, Hispanics and other minority groups.

"I think it's wide open now," Perez said. "Women, Hispanics, Asians and African-Americans if they can do the job, give them a shot."

Perez said he would advise President-elect Barack Obama to "be our president, and a black man second. He's my president, too."

Actually that stuff about being a "black man second" is a little dubious too.

Hey go to www.browardpalmbeach.com (http://www.browardpalmbeach.com) and click on the daily pulp by Bob Norman. The article he wrote titled WILTON MANORS POLICE CHIEF RACIST E MAILS already has 67 comments pretty much all demanding our POLICE CHIEF RICHARD E PEREZ be terminated! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:evil:

09-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Well Raimondi and Cadwick

Boy what did you read there. yes ther are some that say they want him out but those are all yours. The others ar funny and the one on how to bake a cake is great. Buy how you love to take BS and run with it.

09-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Did Raimondi and Cadwick open a locksmith shop ? Good service get your door open quick?

Boy what did you read there. yes ther are some that say they want him out but those are all yours. The others ar funny and the one on how to bake a cake is great. Buy how you love to take BS and run with it.

09-13-2010, 05:33 AM
Word on the drive is that the Mayor Gary Resnick had a horrible weekend trying not to answer questions about the RACIST wilton manors CHIEF OF POLICE RICHARD E PEREZ. The press has been calling all weekend but nobody will pick up the phone because the PERGURY investigation against PEREZ which will result in a felony charge which will put his city of ft lauderdale pension into limbo. Count two will be his fixing Diane Cline's citation will will add fodder for the state of florida to cancel his municipal pension from flpd. Was it all worth trying to save PHIL CAMERON who was a loser from day one. It was his choice so lets see whats happens. Remember how many people you trashed at FLPD. Remember the BEACH CREW who hate you to this day.

09-14-2010, 03:19 AM
Offensive e-mails gets Police chief sacked from teaching job
Written by ELGIN JONES

DAVIE – Offensive e-mails that have been circulated within the Wilton Manors police department have led to the police chief being put on hiatus from his teaching job at the police academy.

“Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard Perez is currently not on the teaching schedule of the Institute of Public Safety and will not be placed on the schedule until all outstanding issues have been resolved,” said Rivka Spiro, media relations specialist for Broward College, where the academy is housed.

The decision not to place Perez on the teaching schedule was made Saturday, Sept. 11, a day after the South Florida Times broke the story about the e-mails sent from Perez’s city e-mail account.

Perez could not be reached for comment and has not responded to phone calls and questions sent by e-mail. He has not indicated if he sent the controversial e-mails or if someone improperly accessed his account.

For several years, Perez has moonlighted at the college’s Institute of Public Safety, which includes the police academy. Perez is certified to teach by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, on whose board he also sits as chairman. He earned $32.50 per hour to teach several courses at the academy, including ethics.

One e-mail that was forwarded to top brass on Friday, July 23, 2010, from Perez’s account said, “A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.’ His mother replied, ‘Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!’”

That e-mail is titled “Mom’s Memory” and it includes a photograph of a white woman holding hands with a young boy and walking near a pond, under the caption, “A Mother’s Love.”

Dozens of other e-mails, some including racial slurs, a photo of nude woman and other distasteful comment directed towards President Barack Obama and members of the Democratic Party have been circulated through the department from Perez’s e-mail account among his top assistants.

One of those e-mails had an audio recording attached, entitled, ‘Good Mornin Mam,’ which states:

“Good moan’ in mam. Isn’t it a lovely moan’ in,” greets a man to a white woman in a classic minstrel-style, slapstick tone.

The white woman responds, “Up yours N----r!”

Broward College is a public university, consisting of four campuses and six learning centers located throughout Broward County. The college also has study centers in Ecuador, Spain and Singapore. The dean of the police academy where Perez taught was quick to respond to the controversy.

“We teach all of our trainees that once they enter the law enforcement profession their core responsibility is to provide the highest level of professionalism and service to the communities they serve, and this is reinforced daily by all of our staff,” Linda Wood, dean of the Institute of Public Safety and director of the Police Academy wrote in an email sent to the South Florida Times over the weekend.

“We have no tolerance for disrespect towards any member of the community.”

Wilton Manors City Manager Joseph Gallegos spent the weekend trying to complete a review by the city of the e-mail controversy prior to this Tuesday’s city commission meeting. At least one elected official has expressed alarm over the e-mails.

“I am deeply concerned about allegations regarding inappropriate e-mails circulated by employees of the City of Wilton Manors Police Department. Such emails specifically would violate the City’s written communications policies,” Wilton Manors Mayor Gary Resnick wrote in an e-mail sent to South Florida Times.

“In addition, they tarnish the City’s well-earned reputation for diversity and tolerance. At my request, the Wilton Manors City Manager has begun an investigation into the allegations, with the assistance of the City Attorney.”

City officials have not said how long their review will take. Broward College’s action was decisive.

“Broward College hosts a rich diversity of students and staff in all of its programs and holds a zero tolerance policy towards any kind of discriminatory remarks,” college spokesperson Spiro said.

EJones@SFLTimes.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
rn7od
Offensive e-mails gets Police chief sacked from teaching job
Written by ELGIN JONES

DAVIE – Offensive e-mails that have been circulated within the Wilton Manors police department have led to the police chief being put on hiatus from his teaching job at the police academy.

“Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard Perez is currently not on the teaching schedule of the Institute of Public Safety and will not be placed on the schedule until all outstanding issues have been resolved,” said Rivka Spiro, media relations specialist for Broward College, where the academy is housed.

The decision not to place Perez on the teaching schedule was made Saturday, Sept. 11, a day after the South Florida Times broke the story about the e-mails sent from Perez’s city e-mail account.

Perez could not be reached for comment and has not responded to phone calls and questions sent by e-mail. He has not indicated if he sent the controversial e-mails or if someone improperly accessed his account.

For several years, Perez has moonlighted at the college’s Institute of Public Safety, which includes the police academy. Perez is certified to teach by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, on whose board he also sits as chairman. He earned $32.50 per hour to teach several courses at the academy, including ethics.

One e-mail that was forwarded to top brass on Friday, July 23, 2010, from Perez’s account said, “A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.’ His mother replied, ‘Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!’”

That e-mail is titled “Mom’s Memory” and it includes a photograph of a white woman holding hands with a young boy and walking near a pond, under the caption, “A Mother’s Love.”

Dozens of other e-mails, some including racial slurs, a photo of nude woman and other distasteful comment directed towards President Barack Obama and members of the Democratic Party have been circulated through the department from Perez’s e-mail account among his top assistants.

One of those e-mails had an audio recording attached, entitled, ‘Good Mornin Mam,’ which states:

“Good moan’ in mam. Isn’t it a lovely moan’ in,” greets a man to a white woman in a classic minstrel-style, slapstick tone.

The white woman responds, “Up yours N----r!”

Broward College is a public university, consisting of four campuses and six learning centers located throughout Broward County. The college also has study centers in Ecuador, Spain and Singapore. The dean of the police academy where Perez taught was quick to respond to the controversy.

“We teach all of our trainees that once they enter the law enforcement profession their core responsibility is to provide the highest level of professionalism and service to the communities they serve, and this is reinforced daily by all of our staff,” Linda Wood, dean of the Institute of Public Safety and director of the Police Academy wrote in an email sent to the South Florida Times over the weekend.

“We have no tolerance for disrespect towards any member of the community.”

Wilton Manors City Manager Joseph Gallegos spent the weekend trying to complete a review by the city of the e-mail controversy prior to this Tuesday’s city commission meeting. At least one elected official has expressed alarm over the e-mails.

“I am deeply concerned about allegations regarding inappropriate e-mails circulated by employees of the City of Wilton Manors Police Department. Such emails specifically would violate the City’s written communications policies,” Wilton Manors Mayor Gary Resnick wrote in an e-mail sent to South Florida Times.

“In addition, they tarnish the City’s well-earned reputation for diversity and tolerance. At my request, the Wilton Manors City Manager has begun an investigation into the allegations, with the assistance of the City Attorney.”

City officials have not said how long their review will take. Broward College’s action was decisive.

“Broward College hosts a rich diversity of students and staff in all of its programs and holds a zero tolerance policy towards any kind of discriminatory remarks,” college spokesperson Spiro said.

EJones@SFLTimes.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

You have to give Dean Wood much credit. She cut the Chief Richard E. Perez racist NOOSE from around the school's neck before it dragged it down like he and the command staff will do the the agency and city as well. The reputations of the organizations he worked for or represented will be dragged through the mud and assaulted until the city deals with the huge problem Perez and his staff has created.

09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
The city of wilton manors and it's management look like no one is in charge and have no idea how to combat the racist e mails sent by Chief Perez and others in his command staff. Just go to www.nbcmiami.com (http://www.nbcmiami.com) and click on the thread who's title is N WORD LACED MESSAGE LATEST STRIKE AGAINST POLICE CHIEF. Pretty much says it all.

09-14-2010, 03:14 PM
How much is enough? Can someone answer this question for us all?
1) Perjury investigation related to a civil trial involving a friend and the Fort Lauderdale FOP
2) Ticket fixing investigation related to a citation given to a former city council member
3) Improper emails that show prejudice against another minority, as well as other issues

09-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Don't forget the violation of the Civil Settlement involving Officer MH from HBPD and the Nephew's community Services hours satisfied at WMPD....
Liked the video on CBS4 of the City Manager running away from the news camera. Who's in charge?

09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/get ... nduct.aspx (http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/b1b2dec7-3d21-4fd6-ba1c-27c464d10e77/LE-Ethical-Standards-of-Conduct.aspx)
Think Perez hit a trifecta on this one...but, he was appointed to the CJSTC...when will he follow their rules? When will they remove him like the academy did?

09-14-2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/b1b2dec7-3d21-4fd6-ba1c-27c464d10e77/LE-Ethical-Standards-of-Conduct.aspx
Think Perez hit a trifecta on this one...but, he was appointed to the CJSTC...when will he follow their rules? When will they remove him like the academy did?

PROBABLE CAUSE DETERMINATION
SEPTEMBER 14, 2010 @ 10:00 A.M.
CJS&T COMMISSION MEETING
BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE
3501 S. W. DAVIE ROAD, BUILDING 22 AUDITORIUM
DAVIE, FLORIDA, 33314
(954) 201-7350
347 So. 2d 1102 (Fla. 1st DCA 1997)

“Moral character as used in this statute, means not only the ability to distinguish between right and wrong, but the character to observe the difference; the observance of the rules of right conduct, and conduct which indicates and establishes the qualities generally acceptable to the populace for positions of trust and confidence.”
364 So. 2d 454 (Fla. 1978) – Florida Supreme Court
“In our view a finding of a lack of ‘good moral character’ should not be restricted to those acts that reflect moral turpitude. A more appropriate definition of the phrase requires an inclusion of acts and conduct which would cause a reasonable man to have substantial doubts about an individual’s honesty, fairness, and respect for the rights of others and for the laws of the state and nation.”Probable Cause Determination – September 14, 2010, @ 10:00 A.M. Page 1
I. Call to Order - CLIFF CHITWOOD, Case Specialist
JENNIFER JACOBS, Case Specialist
II. Roll Call - CHIEF RICHARD PEREZ – CHAIRMAN
OFFICER PATRICK HANRAHAN
WARDEN MARY HOLCOMB
SERGEANT JOHN RIVERA – (1ST Alternate)
CAPTAIN JAMES MANN – (2ND Alternate)
BRIAN FERNANDES, CJS&T COMMISSION ATTORNEY

09-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Love to be a fly on the wall when the Department of Justice Civil Rights people start knockin on doors and start askin questions about the racist e mails including the Obama ones. Question is whose will still be around to open them doors? And how many were sent by Chief Perez after he was notified he was a target under the SA public corruption investigation, when he should have been suspended until now. CM Joseph Gallegos and the City Attorney should both be fired TODAY for making a HORRIBLE decision by not suspending Perez on the spot and the community should be asking some serious questions about there credibility and integrity along with Perez's.

NOBODY from the Department of Justice will investigate this. This is a POLICY VIOLATION. NOT A CRIME. There were no threats being made to anyone or any group of persons. IF any cop thinks DOJ Civil Rights Division si going to investigate this, they are IDIOTS and don't know anything about law enforcement. It is not YET against the law to spew joke in bad taste.

09-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Word on the drive is that the Mayor Gary Resnick had a horrible weekend trying not to answer questions about the RACIST wilton manors CHIEF OF POLICE RICHARD E PEREZ. The press has been calling all weekend but nobody will pick up the phone because the PERGURY investigation against PEREZ which will result in a felony charge which will put his city of ft lauderdale pension into limbo. Count two will be his fixing Diane Cline's citation will will add fodder for the state of florida to cancel his municipal pension from flpd. Was it all worth trying to save PHIL CAMERON who was a loser from day one. It was his choice so lets see whats happens. Remember how many people you trashed at FLPD. Remember the BEACH CREW who hate you to this day.

You can't take someones pension away when an offense was committed post pension. His FLPD pension will be secure. Now, if he is terminated by WMPD for either policy violations or some criminal act (which the passing of racist jokes are not crimes) then his WMPD Pension would be in jeapordy.

09-14-2010, 10:43 PM
So true but the two jerks like to keep posting the same Lies

You can't take someones pension away when an offense was committed post pension. His FLPD pension will be secure. Now, if he is terminated by WMPD for either policy violations or some criminal act (which the passing of racist jokes are not crimes) then his WMPD Pension would be in jeapordy.

09-14-2010, 10:59 PM

1) Perjury investigation related to a civil trial involving a friend and the Fort Lauderdale FOP
While they are investigating because the boys were making calls to make it happen

2) Ticket fixing investigation related to a citation given to a former city council member.
LIE It's not ticket fixing. The chief notified mangemnet and the Chief Judge of the issue and with permission requested the citaion be canceled.I know if you guys had a family memebr dying you would want them to feel a little more pain. Right CADWICK?

3) Improper emails that show prejudice against another minority, as well as other issues
Like you posted twenty times they are invetigating it and will do what they have to do. Love the other issues dont we all

Right CADWICK?

How much is enough? Can someone answer this question for us all?
2) Ticket fixing investigation related to a citation given to a former city council member

09-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Read the rules a little more. The Academy did was was needed for now. A joke that was sent on in bad tatse is not a violation of the the law or rules. Maybe at best a bad idea.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/b1b2dec7-3d21-4fd6-ba1c-27c464d10e77/LE-Ethical-Standards-of-Conduct.aspx

09-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Raimondi and Cadwick

Raimondi has no pension and Cadwick is working on droping his at the door

09-15-2010, 02:19 AM
Raimondi and Cadwick

Raimondi has no pension and Cadwick is working on droping his at the door

First of all, learn how to spell and calm down with the size of the font (you're giving us a headache). Secondly, you must be a big (oxymoron) Perez person (or, him) to think he can take Chadwicks pension away. This guy, much like yourself, is a "legend in his own mind."

09-15-2010, 04:27 AM

NOBODY from the Department of Justice will investigate this. This is a POLICY VIOLATION. NOT A CRIME. There were no threats being made to anyone or any group of persons. IF any cop thinks DOJ Civil Rights Division si going to investigate this, they are IDIOTS and don't know anything about law enforcement. It is not YET against the law to spew joke in bad taste.

Don't be to sure that the Department of Justice / Office of Civil Rights will not be paying the Island City a vist. Does NOT have to be a crime for them to start an investigation. They investigate complaints filed and determine what course of action they will take. The Ann Barnes complaint was filed with someone on the city side, they know about the Lisa Wiggins EEOC complaint and the Chief Richard E Perez article was sent to them along with the NBC 6 video. Somebody does not know jack when others do. Seems to be a very disturbing trail on the WMPD and how they treat people.

09-15-2010, 04:51 AM
So let me get this straight! A Mexican American Chief of Police who got promoted over and over again in Fort Lauderdale and eventually got his Chief Of Police job because of his ethnicity is discriminating against minorities? What a hypocrite!

09-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Lets get his racist arse out of our town before he gets sued by one of his employees for racism and we taxpayers get stuck paying the bill. Those emails could easily be used in court to show his propensity for discrimination. Gallegos, Resnick are u listening?

09-15-2010, 05:52 AM

Don't be to sure that the Department of Justice / Office of Civil Rights will not be paying the Island City a vist. Does NOT have to be a crime for them to start an investigation. They investigate complaints filed and determine what course of action they will take. The Ann Barnes complaint was filed with someone on the city side, they know about the Lisa Wiggins EEOC complaint and the Chief Richard E Perez article was sent to them along with the NBC 6 video. Somebody does not know jack when others do. Seems to be a very disturbing trail on the WMPD and how they treat people.

Oh, I am sure DOJ will NOT investigate this. As I said it is not a crime or even allegation of a crime. It was not violating anyones civil rights by threat or intimidation. There needs to be an allegation of a civil rights violation. There obviously is none here. DOJ will get the complaint and after seeing this (without coming out to investigate it) just file it away. You have this wishful thinking because of your obvious hatred for the man. Posting things such as a wishful DOJ investigation will not happen. Evidently you have never worked with the FED's in that arena and don't know what constitutes a violation. Get a life and just stick to the facts. You are letting your bitterness make you look like a fool. What happens, happens. But I assure you what ever happens will not be done by anyone other then the City of Wilton Manors City Manager directed by the City Council. My bet is he will probably be terminated, lose his position at the academy and state standards board. He will probably never obtain a position in or associated with LE again. But I guarantee there will be no legal action associated with the emails. It was nothing more then a politically incorrect thing to do.

09-15-2010, 11:13 AM
I thought the chief would be at the commission meeting to give Grundle his award. I guess he was scared to face the people. What a pu__y. I bet someone will come on here and say he had a previous engagement or make some excuse. Watch

09-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Tuesday night was the Wilton Manors City Council meeting. It is curious that the police chief was not there. He is always there, especially when one of his officers is getting an award. He is always there to present the awards.

It is funny that one of the captains was present but did not present the award for the chief. Instead she just stayed over in a corner. The Mayor read the award letter for the officer. The award was then presented by a sergeant and another officer.

Where was the chief of police? Why did the captain not step in for him. Were they both afraid of the news camera that was there? Did they not want to have to answer questions in front of the citizens of Wilton Manors?

09-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Obama target of e-mails from police brass accounts
Written by Elgin Jones

More troubling e-mails that were circulated within the Wilton Manors Police Department have now surfaced. One even went so far as to express disappointment that President Barack Obama was not killed during his inauguration.

“This came from a Marine's wife. It says it all: I sat, as did millions of other Americans, and watched as the government Under went [sic] a peaceful transition of power a year ago. At first, I felt a swell of pride and patriotism while Barack Obama took his Oath of office,” states an email titled, “Confessions of Marine’s Wife” that was sent from the account of Sgt. Peter “Pete” Bigelsen June 10 to Chief Richard E. Perez and Captain Dorris “Dee” Seibert, the department’s second highest ranking officer behind Perez.

“However, all that pride quickly vanished as I later watched 21 Marines, In full dress uniform with rifles, Fire a 21-gun salute to the President. It was then that I realized how far America's military had deteriorated. Every damn one of them missed the *******.”

That e-mail was culled from dozens that were circulated from the police department and civil-rights advocates are expressing concern.

“The U.S. Secret Service takes threats against the President very seriously and circulating an e-mail which might incite others to conspire to assassinate the President is a very serious federal crime,” said Randy A. Fleischer, a civil and employment attorney who chairs Broward County’s Human Rights Board.

“Sending e-mails like this may also be evidence of racial bias and animus,” Fleischer said. “Such attitudes often infect other decisions, which, in this case, could show a racial bias in policing and policies. This is a very serious matter and should be investigated by the city and possibly by federal agencies.”

In keeping the agency’s long standing policy, a spokesman at the United States Secret Service headquarters in Washington, D.C., declined comment.

“We are not commenting at this time,” Secret Service spokesman Max Milien said.

Perez is not commenting either. Repeated attempts to reach Seibert and Bigelsen at police headquarters were routed to City Manager Joseph Gallegos’ office.

“As the public information officer I have been instructed to forward all questions and comments on this matter to the city manager’s office,” police spokesman Sgt. Charles Howard said in an e-mail sent to the South Florida Times.

Gallegos did not respond to questions sent by e-mail and did not return calls to his office. Instead, he issued a prepared statement saying:

“The City of Wilton Manors will not tolerate or ignore any actions by City employees that do not uphold the highest levels of respect and professionalism within our organization. At this time, with the assistance of the City Attorney, I am conducting an investigation into recent allegations regarding inappropriate emails circulated by members of the City of Wilton Manors Police Department’s Administration and have identified the steps required in the process to administer appropriate discipline to the individuals who may be involved.”

“In addition to violating specific City policies, circulation of such inappropriate emails is inconsistent with Wilton Manors’ well-known reputation for inclusion, diversity and tolerance.”

One e-mail titled “Stupid Is, As Stupid Does” shows the President and First Lady Michele Obama with their hands on their hearts, apparently during a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.

“Just A Gentle Reminder. I fully believe they both know exactly what they are doing!!! Stupid is, as Stupid Does...Unbelievable. As any American knows, we place our right hand over our heart when we recite the Pledge of Allegiance,” reads the e-mail sent from Bigelsen’s account to Perez and Seibert states.

“And for anyone who thinks this may be a mirror-image picture, please note the wedding rings on the ring fingers of their LEFT HANDS and the RIGHT side of the Messiah’s suit coat where the buttons are. These two morons are so clueless, they can't possibly be Americans!”

Another email that sent from Perez’s account is titled “Oil Spill Clean Up Call.”

“When will this madness stop? I will be out of touch for several weeks starting immediately,” that e-mail states. “I have been very upset about the impending damage to the Louisiana coast that when I received the call for help in clean-up and saw the picture of the oil soaked creatures that are washing up on the beach at Grand Isle, I immediately decided to answer the call.”

Below that caption is a photograph of a nude woman sitting in the beach surf, soaked in oil.

According U.S. Census numbers from 2000, Wilton Manors has a population of 12,697; 13 percent or 1,674 of whom are black. The city also has predominantly Democratic voters.

Meanwhile, the Fort Lauderdale branch of the NAACP said it was reviewing the emails. But Brad Brown, vice-president of the Miami-Dade branch of the civil rights organizations, reacted with a single sentence.

“He [Perez] should be fired,” Brown said.

Elgin Jones may be reached at EJones@SFLTimes.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

09-17-2010, 01:25 AM
They're jokes. It is humor. why the F*** is everyone so thin skinned? Who really gives a sh** except those who hate Perez. Is forwarding politically incorrect emails such a big deal. Don't people know how to look at a JOKE and just laugh. We are just getting more and more of our freedoms taken away due to all of this PC. My god, what's it going to be like in 10 years from now!

09-17-2010, 02:32 AM
you are so right. Its just a few hate A-holes

They're jokes. It is humor. why the F*** is everyone so thin skinned? Who really gives a sh** except those who hate Perez. Is forwarding politically incorrect emails such a big deal. Don't people know how to look at a JOKE and just laugh. We are just getting more and more of our freedoms taken away due to all of this PC. My god, what's it going to be like in 10 years from now!

09-17-2010, 04:20 AM
Raimondi and Cadwick

Did all they could to take a good man down. Maybe they will do it and maybe he will be fired. What you both have done only showed us what you both really are. Hope you enjoyed it.

09-17-2010, 06:28 AM
[quote="Abandon Ship"]Obama target of e-mails from police brass accounts
Written by Elgin Jones

More troubling e-mails that were circulated within the Wilton Manors Police Department have now surfaced. One even went so far as to express disappointment that President Barack Obama was not killed during his inauguration.

“This came from a Marine's wife. It says it all: I sat, as did millions of other Americans, and watched as the government Under went [sic] a peaceful transition of power a year ago. At first, I felt a swell of pride and patriotism while Barack Obama took his Oath of office,” states an email titled, “Confessions of Marine’s Wife” that was sent from the account of Sgt. Peter “Pete” Bigelsen June 10 to Chief Richard E. Perez and Captain Dorris “Dee” Seibert, the department’s second highest ranking officer behind Perez.

“However, all that pride quickly vanished as I later watched 21 Marines, In full dress uniform with rifles, Fire a 21-gun salute to the President. It was then that I realized how far America's military had deteriorated. Every darn one of them missed the *** VIRUS ALERT ***.”

That e-mail was culled from dozens that were circulated from the police department and civil-rights advocates are expressing concern.

“The U.S. Secret Service takes threats against the President very seriously and circulating an e-mail which might incite others to conspire to assassinate the President is a very serious federal crime,” said Randy A. Fleischer, a civil and employment attorney who chairs Broward County’s Human Rights Board.

“Sending e-mails like this may also be evidence of racial bias and animus,” Fleischer said. “Such attitudes often infect other decisions, which, in this case, could show a racial bias in policing and policies. This is a very serious matter and should be investigated by the city and possibly by federal agencies.”

In keeping the agency’s long standing policy, a spokesman at the United States Secret Service headquarters in Washington, D.C., declined comment.

“We are not commenting at this time,” Secret Service spokesman Max Milien said.

Perez is not commenting either. Repeated attempts to reach Seibert and Bigelsen at police headquarters were routed to City Manager Joseph Gallegos’ office.

“As the public information officer I have been instructed to forward all questions and comments on this matter to the city manager’s office,” police spokesman Sgt. Charles Howard said in an e-mail sent to the South Florida Times.

Gallegos did not respond to questions sent by e-mail and did not return calls to his office. Instead, he issued a prepared statement saying:

“The City of Wilton Manors will not tolerate or ignore any actions by City employees that do not uphold the highest levels of respect and professionalism within our organization. At this time, with the assistance of the City Attorney, I am conducting an investigation into recent allegations regarding inappropriate emails circulated by members of the City of Wilton Manors Police Department’s Administration and have identified the steps required in the process to administer appropriate discipline to the individuals who may be involved.”

“In addition to violating specific City policies, circulation of such inappropriate emails is inconsistent with Wilton Manors’ well-known reputation for inclusion, diversity and tolerance.”

One e-mail titled “Stupid Is, As Stupid Does” shows the President and First Lady Michele Obama with their hands on their hearts, apparently during a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.

“Just A Gentle Reminder. I fully believe they both know exactly what they are doing!!! Stupid is, as Stupid Does...Unbelievable. As any American knows, we place our right hand over our heart when we recite the Pledge of Allegiance,” reads the e-mail sent from Bigelsen’s account to Perez and Seibert states.

“And for anyone who thinks this may be a mirror-image picture, please note the wedding rings on the ring fingers of their LEFT HANDS and the RIGHT side of the Messiah’s suit coat where the buttons are. These two morons are so clueless, they can't possibly be Americans!”

Another email that sent from Perez’s account is titled “Oil Spill Clean Up Call.”

“When will this madness stop? I will be out of touch for several weeks starting immediately,” that e-mail states. “I have been very upset about the impending damage to the Louisiana coast that when I received the call for help in clean-up and saw the picture of the oil soaked creatures that are washing up on the beach at Grand Isle, I immediately decided to answer the call.”

Below that caption is a photograph of a nude woman sitting in the beach surf, soaked in oil.

According U.S. Census numbers from 2000, Wilton Manors has a population of 12,697; 13 percent or 1,674 of whom are black. The city also has predominantly Democratic voters.

Meanwhile, the Fort Lauderdale branch of the NAACP said it was reviewing the emails. But Brad Brown, vice-president of the Miami-Dade branch of the civil rights organizations, reacted with a single sentence.

“He [Perez] should be fired,” Brown said.
As a city resident both the police command staff and city manager should be terminanted as soon as possible as should the mayor of the city. I am a lgbt retired officer from upstate michigan who relocated to wilton manors because of it's reputation for being diverse and accepting. What a wrong idea I had. I moved to the area in march of 07. Called the PD to ask for the Police Chief but got a lot of service aides who said he was busy. Waited 23 days later and called again and guess what, he was again busy and never had the time to return my call. Two months later I had a visitor from the great lakes region and had dinner at tropics. While trying to cross the street to get back to my car, we were almoast slaughterd by a speeding car. When I called the PD to request a response the answer was to get a grip and look both ways before I and my friend crossed. Okay. I called the city managers office and was routed to Lee Ann. She advised that that the city manager would call me, Joe Gellgon would call me but he never did and am still waiting for his or Lee Anns call. The mayor is still the same and he should go and be long gone as should th police adminisration. If you want to benefit as a city or goverment, you have to respond to phone calls and not isolate yourselves.

09-17-2010, 08:38 PM
SOUTH FLORIDA TIMES - Opinion Editorial
WHAT WE THINK: Drain this sewer
Written by STAFF WRITER
The Wilton Manors city manager, Mr. Joseph Gallegos, has announced that, with the help of the city attorney, he is conducting an investigation into reports that “inappropriate” e-mails were circulated by members of the city’s police department.

There is something else Mr. Gallegos should investigate and that is the city’s sewer department. That investigation should focus on why the sewer workers did not do their job properly at the police department or whether they did their job there at all. There could be no other explanation for the filth that has been oozing out of the police department and polluting the city.

The filth has taken the form of e-mails circulated from the e-mail accounts of some command staff, including Police Chief Richard E. Perez. The e-mails are not only vile and a direct attack on President Barack Obama.

They are also filled with a level of hatred towards African Americans that is usually the preserve of the Ku Klux Klan and other racists who continue to infect the American nation.

One e-mail talked about the first black president, whose mother was a white woman, being lucky he does not “bark.” Another talked about disappointment that Mr. Obama was not shot by a member of the United States Marine Corps Honor Guard during the 21-gun salute as part of his inauguration. Other e-mails have mocked First Lady Michele Obama, as well.

Whatever the source, those who circulated the e-mails or allowed their e-mail accounts to be used as a conduit for their circulation are just as guilty of this vile affront to the President and, by extension, all African Americans and all Americans.

Indeed, one e-mail titled “Math class” insults black children: “Dwayne pimps 3 ho’s. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne’s $800 per day Crack habit?”

Well, here is a math question for Mr. Gallegos and the city council: How many days is it from April to Sept. 10? The answer is important because that is how many days these e-mails have been circulating – without anyone bothering to report them, until South Florida Times broke the story.

City Manager Gallegos can spout all the high-sounding phrases he wants about the city not tolerating the actions of employees who “do not uphold the highest levels of respect and professionalism within our organization.” The fact is that these e-mails have been circulating at least 150 days with none of the recipients bothering to do anything about it.

Now that it has been exposed, it is time for a thorough clean up – promptly. Clean it all up. Those involved have lost the right to be anywhere near a police department and they must be fired, along with any officials who are found to have moved too slowly to take action against them.

09-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Police Chief Suspended Over Racist Emails
Written by Elgin Jones
WILTON MANORS- Richard E. Perez, chief of the Wilton Manors Police Department has been suspended without pay, over his circulating offensive emails from his city computer.

Wilton Manors city manager Joseph Gallegos made the announcment today. Perez will serve a 30-day suspension without pay today.

Perez has come under fired after it was discovered he circulated and received the emails, some of which contained nudity, racial slurs and more.

“Due to the derogatory, culturally insensitive and racially charged content of the emails, the City Manager has imposed the maximum for Group III offenses, outside of immediate separation, and will suspend the Chief of Police for 30 days without pay, starting on Monday, September 20,” wrote Gallegos in a statement release Thursday, Sept. 17. “During that time, the Chief will be required to undergo racial and cultural sensitivity training and complete an effective management development course identified by the City’s Human Resources Director. Any failure to complete the recommended regimen will be cause for immediate separation.”

Perez was also placed on hiatus from his teaching job at Broward College’s Institute of Public Safety, which includes the police academy.

One e-mail that was forwarded to top brass within the police department on Friday, July 23, 2010, from Perez’s account said, “A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.’ His mother replied, ‘Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!’”

Another email expressed regret that President Barack Obama was not killed during his inauguration.

“However, all that pride quickly vanished as I later watched 21 Marines, In full dress uniform with rifles, Fire a 21-gun salute to the President. It was then that I realized how far America's military had deteriorated. Every damn one of them missed the *******.”

City officials performed a review of a 16-week period from April 20 through August 11, 2010. That review came after a South Florida Times report first reveals that offensive email were being distributed from and around the city’s police department.

During a hearing held behind closed doors at city hall on Friday. Sept. 17, Perez reportedly admitted to sending the offensive emails and offered a private apology.

According to the statement, Perez apologized and said he had “no excuses” and would “never repeat the violations and that he would work diligently to re-build the community’s trust.”

09-18-2010, 01:10 AM
I must say that I am a bit confused, What the HE_L does Raimondi or Chadwick have to do with the Chief's supposed emails? Either the Chief sent them or he didn't; and since he has been suspended for 30 days by the City, I would say he did it. So can someone please tell me why some jacka_s wants to place blame on Raimondi & Chadwick?

Dominic, I hope everything is going well at BSO.
Shawn, good luck with the arbitration.

09-18-2010, 02:47 AM
Surprise! Surprise! Wilton manors Police Officials Racist? The Next thing they will be accusing Sergeant Pete Bigelsen of being a racist or homophobic. The good Sergeant was being considered for the NAACP, Puerto Rican, N.O.W. and LGBT Man of the Year Award for his steadfast dedication to understanding the diverse culture of Wilton Manors. No one has done more for minorities or women. Its all in your imagination if you think you have heard Sergeant Bigelson make anti haitian, anti black, anti gay, anti women remarks at briefing. Even the good Sergeants adult daughter have been accused of being bias. I wonder where she could have gotten that from? Thanks to the Press Sergeant Bigelson will never receive his "well earned" rewards.

As soon as Sergeant Bigelson retires, he will be volunteering for the LGBT to stop hate crimes against Gays, That is his lifes work!

09-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Is Sergeant Bigelson going to that diversity training class with the Chief?

09-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Yea, why didn't Sgt Bigotsen get suspended as well? It's amazing that he has never gotten nailed for his INCREDIBLY insensitive remarks. The only time he was ever called to task was when Perez jumped down his throat for making an anti-Latino remark! Everyone else (gays, blacks, women, Democrats, etc) was apparently fair game. JellyFish Joe and the City Council need to thoroughly clean house and dump Perez, Seibert, Costello, and Bigotsen, and install REAL administrators!! Get out and vote WM residents! Make your feelings known, and maybe do some housecleaning as well!!

09-19-2010, 07:32 PM
WEBSTER defines suspended as to debar temporarily from any privilege, office or function. Just in case Chief Perez cannot figure out what he will be doing for the next 30 days.

09-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Webster defines humilated as to reduce to a lower position in one's own eyes or others eyes. Chief Perez try to get that memorized during the next 30 days as you will have plenty of free time you Fin IDIOT.

09-19-2010, 08:10 PM
ZZZZZZZZZ

Webster defines humilated as to reduce to a lower position in one's own eyes or others eyes. Chief Perez try to get that memorized during the next 30 days as you will have plenty of free time you Fin IDIOT.

09-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Why is CADWICK still working there?

09-19-2010, 10:56 PM
in•teg•ri•ty noun \in-?te-gr?-t?\ (Spanish – integridad)

Definition of INTEGRITY
1: firm adherence to a code of especially MORAL or artistic values : INCORRUPTIBILITY
2: an unimpaired condition : SOUNDNESS
3: the quality or state of being complete or undivided : COMPLETENESS

Examples of INTEGRITY
1. He's a man of the highest integrity.
2. I admire her artistic integrity.
3. She had the integrity to refuse to compromise on matters of principle.
4. Without music, the FILM loses its integrity.
5. They are trying to preserve the cultural integrity of the community.
6. The earthquake may have damaged the building's structural integrity.

Origin of INTEGRITY - Middle English integrite, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French integrité, from Latin integritat-, integritas, from integr-, integer entire. First Known Use: 14th century

Synonyms: CHARACTER, DECENCY, GOODNESS, HONESTY, MORALITY, PROBITY, RECTITUDE, RIGHTEOUSNESS, RIGHTNESS, UPRIGHTNESS, VIRTUE, VIRTUOUSNESS

09-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Dude go out for a while, get a girl or a book. Go to AA

Definition of INTEGRITY
1: firm adherence to a code of especially MORAL or artistic values : INCORRUPTIBILITY

Examples of INTEGRITY

Origin of INTEGRITY - Middle English integrite, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French integrité, from Latin integritat-, integritas, from integr-, integer entire. First Known Use: 14th century

Synonyms: CHARACTER, DECENCY, GOODNESS, HONESTY, MORALITY, PROBITY, RECTITUDE, RIGHTEOUSNESS, RIGHTNESS, UPRIGHTNESS, VIRTUE, VIRTUOUSNESS

09-20-2010, 03:20 AM
I went out for a while. I needed the fresh air away from WMPD anyway.
I have a girl and a book. I have had them for a while and enjoy both.
I don't need to go to AA. I don't abuse alcohol, drugs, or other people.

Definition of INTEGRITY

Examples of INTEGRITY

09-20-2010, 04:05 AM
I don’t know dude you are obsessed with a man. There are folks who will work with you for free. Spend more time with a girl and less time with men you are on the cross roads.

I went out for a while. I needed the fresh air away from WMPD anyway.
I have a girl and a book. I have had them for a while and enjoy both.
I don't need to go to AA. I don't abuse alcohol, drugs, or other people.

Definition of INTEGRITY

Examples of INTEGRITY

09-20-2010, 04:33 AM
When you really think of it, Perez, Seibert and Bigelsen all have to go with the City Manager, Joseph Gallegos. How do you think the Afro American employees of the city and PD feel right now. The 3 who passed the E Mails are supposed to be leaders. Then they go and trash groups of people because of their skin color or because they are a women. Real leaders do not perform that way. They stand up for employees. And they do not ridicule classes of people they work with who are trying to protect a diverse community. And how stupid is Gallegos. Does he thing a TRAINING CLASS is going to change ones RACIST thinking after Perez has been a cop, although really a bad one, for 28 years? Then he has him taking a MANAGEMENT course after this baffon has been a CHIEF since 2006. Gallegos has never had a backbone or a pair and his decision with the chief reaffaims that. Maybe it is a hispanic protective thing.How is Chief Richard E Perez going to defend the next disipline against a afro american or a woman. The PBA will DESTROY him based on his RACIST HISTORY. How does that help our agency if we need to weed out bad cops? Couple that with a very married Captain Costello doing the nasty with a subordinate and Perez looking the other way. That still hangs a nasty cloud over the command staff to this day. Mayor Resnick and the City Commission needs to CLEAN HOUSE in order for this agency which they have slung threw the mud to rebound. Right now it's about making it to the next paycheck cause we have no leadership outside of some Sergeants.And do not think the community cannot sense this.

09-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow that serious. May call in the army of some bad e-mails. The PBA Will destroy him. Do you speak for the PBA? Please tell us more

When you really think of it, Perez, Seibert and Bigelsen all have to go with the City Manager, Joseph Gallegos. How do you think the Afro American employees of the city and PD feel right now. The 3 who passed the E Mails are supposed to be leaders. Then they go and trash groups of people because of their skin color or because they are a women. Real leaders do not perform that way. They stand up for employees. And they do not ridicule classes of people they work with who are trying to protect a diverse community. And how stupid is Gallegos. Does he thing a TRAINING CLASS is going to change ones RACIST thinking after Perez has been a cop, although really a bad one, for 28 years? Then he has him taking a MANAGEMENT course after this baffon has been a CHIEF since 2006. Gallegos has never had a backbone or a pair and his decision with the chief reaffaims that. Maybe it is a hispanic protective thing.How is Chief Richard E Perez going to defend the next disipline against a afro american or a woman. The PBA will DESTROY him based on his RACIST HISTORY. How does that help our agency if we need to weed out bad cops? Couple that with a very married Captain Costello doing the nasty with a subordinate and Perez looking the other way. That still hangs a nasty cloud over the command staff to this day. Mayor Resnick and the City Commission needs to CLEAN HOUSE in order for this agency which they have slung threw the mud to rebound. Right now it's about making it to the next paycheck cause we have no leadership outside of some Sergeants.And do not think the community cannot sense this.

09-21-2010, 02:41 AM
This is on the department's web site on the first page.

"Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing."

09-22-2010, 01:24 AM
(ChattahBox Political News)—

If you thought the first ever Hispanic police chief hired to serve and protect a small South Florida community would be the least likely public official to display racial animus, you would be wrong. Meet Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard Perez. He has been suspended for 30-days without pay, while he completes racial sensitivity training. What did he do? Perez sent numerous racist and offensive “jokes” to his colleagues at work using his official email account, which contained the N-word, suggested President Obama was the offspring of an animal and fantasized about a contingent of marines assassinating President Obama during his inauguration.

The offensive emails were first reported by the South Florida Times newspaper. After city officials conducted an investigation, the emails were traced to the email account of Police Chief Richard Perez. The community’s top cop admitted to sending the emails and apologized, while also acknowledging he could offer “no excuses” for his offensive behavior.

Some of the most egregious emails advanced derogatory racial stereotypes.

One email sent by Perez, entitled “Mom’s memory” attacked President Obama’s biracial background and portrayed his father as an animal.

“One e-mail that was forwarded to top brass within the police department on Friday, July 23, 2010, from Perez’s account said, “A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I’m black and you’re white.’ His mother replied, ‘Don’t even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you’re lucky you don’t bark!’”

Another Perez email expressed regret that President Obama was not killed during his inauguration.

“This came from a Marine’s wife. It says it all: I sat, as did millions of other Americans, and watched as the government Under went [sic] a peaceful transition of power a year ago. At first, I felt a swell of pride and patriotism while Barack Obama took his Oath of office,” states an email titled, “Confessions of Marine’s Wife” that was sent from the account of Sgt. Peter “Pete” Bigelsen June 10 to Perez and Captain Dorris “Dee” Seibert, the department’s second highest ranking officer behind Perez.

“However, all that pride quickly vanished as I later watched 21 Marines, In full dress uniform with rifles, Fire a 21-gun salute to the President. It was then that I realized how far America’s military had deteriorated. Every damn one of them missed the *******.”

Perez also showed contempt for minority students in public schools, by circulating an email entitled “Math class.”

“Dwayne pimps 3 ho’s. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne’s $800 per day Crack habit?? reads that e-mail. It includes nine other questions depicting similarly derogatory situations.”

The South Florida Times reports Perez also emailed bigoted descriptions of Muslims, and Arabs. He called Arabs, “camel shaggers” and relayed a torture scenario email consisting of “connecting the wet testicles of ‘rag heads’ to a battery.”

Perez was also removed from his teaching position at Broward College’s Institute of Public Safety.

Ironically, Perez issued an internal directive to his staff in 2007, stating “e-mails that use abusive or insulting language towards members of the department are unacceptable and shall not be tolerated.”

09-22-2010, 02:46 AM
How many times have you heard people joking about being addicted to the internet? Probably more than a few times. How many times have you heard people joke about being addicted to a message board or forum?

Probably not that often. Why not? Most of the time it's broken down into a general addiction but when you start to dig deeper into the issue you rule out other aspects of the internet (email, instant messaging, online gaming etc). With message boards and forums for just about any subject under the sun, it makes sense that there would be groups that would become addicted to it. Understanding the addiction and why it perpetuates itself is part of the cure. If you are addicted you have to admit it first then honestly say that you want help. It's just like an addiction to anything else, if you don't have the desire to kick the habit; nothing anyone can say or do is going to change the situation.

Years ago when America On Line (AOL) had message boards you would see people posting as many as 100 threads a day. These days there are sites dedicated to just message boards and that indeed causes problems for people who seek them out. Just like working in an emergency room and dealing with drug seekers, there are forum and board junkies that are always looking for a bigger and better high. If you've never posted at a board or forum you might not understand how it can be addictive. It's not just about swapping cookie recipes or getting cheat codes for video games any more. There are boards for sports, hobbies, advice, health and pretty much any other subject or topic you can think of.

How To Know You Are Addicted:
If you check your threads via a mobile phone, before doing anything else online or get angered when you can't access boards, there is a good chance that you are either addicted or are on the path to being addicted. In regards to a loved one, if you notice they are spending large chunks of time at a website and display odd tendencies or outbursts, it might be time to have a talk with them.

When Is It Time To Get Help?
If more and more of your time is being spent at a certain forum or board and that is starting to spill over into other facets of your life, you may need to seek professional help. If loved ones are complaining that you are not spending time with them, you engage in text and verbal "flamefests" over things that you would have dismissed as trivial a few months ago or your job is suffering because of message board postings, you could be in need of help.

Why Do Some Become Addicted?
Some people may use it as a substitute for something that is missing in their life. Just like alcohol, drugs, food and sex, message boards can be a way of getting some type of satisfaction that is lacking or missing elsewhere. If someone has created an online persona, that too can help boost their ego and fuel the cycle of addiction. In regards to message boards, there are some specifics that can directly feed the circle of addiction. Post counts, member status titles (newbie, seasoned vet, supreme poster etc) and overall admiration from other members can cause someone to spend more and more time at a board or forum.

With internet access available at cyber cafes, libraries, coffee shops and work you might not know the real scope of the addiction. The best way to get a clear and honest understanding is to try to get the names of the sites and the user name that they post under. You can see their daily post counts, what they are posting, if they are feeling like someone (you) is trying to limit their access and if their overall tone turns sour. Regardless of the age of the person, where they are posting or how they choose to defend their actions, one has to admit that there are some deep rooted issues with message and forum posting addiction. It is a form of ego that grows day by day and eventually forces everything else out of their life. Some might choose to joke about it but I have seen the devastating first hand consequences of what becoming addicted to forums can do to someone.

Getting Help
When Help Is Needed: Like AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) and NA (Narcotics Anonymous) there are 12 Step Programs for those who are addicted to the internet as well as message boards and forums. If you are trying to do a "home cure" for someone else, try getting a program that limits the amount of time they can spend online or at a specific site.

09-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Wow that serious. May call in the army of some bad e-mails. The PBA Will destroy him. Do you speak for the PBA? Please tell us more

No I am a very well known gay attorney who specialty is civil rights issues. I live in Ft Lauderdale and have a office in Wilton Manors. I have several clients who are preparing claims against the City of Wilton Manors and the Police Department. I have made repeated calls to the Office of the Chief of Police and Office of the City Manager trying to resolve issue prior to filing claims. Even called Kerry Ezrol. Not one returned phone call. So the city officials non reaction will lead to a real reaction that will make headlines in the Sun Sentinel. It is very sad to see a vibrant community let down by a racist police chief, a city manager with his head in the sand, and a city commission that has no sense of honor in doing the right thing and cutting it's ties with a police chief who does not respect the values of a community. They all need to be replaced.

09-22-2010, 11:43 AM

No I am a very well known gay attorney who specialty is civil rights issues. I live in Ft Lauderdale and have a office in Wilton Manors. I have several clients who are preparing claims against the City of Wilton Manors and the Police Department. I have made repeated calls to the Office of the Chief of Police and Office of the City Manager trying to resolve issue prior to filing claims. Even called Kerry Ezrol. Not one returned phone call. So the city officials non reaction will lead to a real reaction that will make headlines in the Sun Sentinel. It is very sad to see a vibrant community let down by a racist police chief, a city manager with his head in the sand, and a city commission that has no sense of honor in doing the right thing and cutting it's ties with a police chief who does not respect the values of a community. They all need to be replaced.

EXACTLY!! I personally intend to vote for all non-incumbent commission candidates, since they have no ties to these losers!

09-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I hope you subpoena all the non white heterosexual males. I think the city would settle real fast after hearing what these employees have to say. Actually the city already knows what they are going to say. Dio has enough friends in the PD to know whats going on. You cant get around a Sergeant constanly makng jokes against everyone but white heterosexual males. He has been doing this forever and no one has taken him to tasks. Even the white heterosexual males have commented on his insensitivity. Can we say Hostile Work Environment ?

09-22-2010, 06:04 PM
How Gay are you and is a gay attorney is different school ?

09-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Well I am not a gay attorney sorry. I will tell you that I don’t give a dam about gay or not gay, to me it’s all the same. Why do you have to make it a gay issue? I live in the city all like all the residents be they gay, white, black, Chinese, Jewish, Arab, or hell I don’t know. The point is our city is diverse and I don’t think we have to be gay or anything to take sides on what’s right is right for all.

Are you telling me that you (a lawyer) made an official Internal Affairs complaint about the police and they did not respond or investigate it? Did you also make an official complaint about a city employee and the city did not investigate it or respond? Then I agree do the Lawyer thing by sending a legal letterhead letter and take on the process. What makes me wonder if you really are a lawyer is why are you venting here on a police site? If you are a lawyer and these are real facts where are the letters that have been sent to the city and PD.? Why were you not at commission standing up for all this? I was there and heard none of this. It’s just strange that a real lawyer would need a police web site to address his concerns?
As far as the election process let the cards fall where they will when we vote. My own opinion is that The chief, even with the current suspension will fall victim to the additional political fallout and may be terminated in the future. I for one do not believe that he is a racists, I believe that that he made a terrible mistake by doing this and showed very poor judgment and he will have to deal with the repercussions for it. I also do believe that he is not the root of all evil in the world or even in our great city.

There are issues that have to be looked at after this incident but I have found there are way too many interesting comments here that are more personal and not really in the interest our city and the well being of our Police department. I say while they have a right to free speech in any form. It is a shame. that they words some are using and form take on more of a personal attack. I am also seeing what I believe to be many false allegations based on no facts to date.
To date based on facts and confirmed by the city is the chief did receive , send or respond to e-mails that were very insensitive to the black community in particular and had no merit as comedy or should they have ever been entertained on a city e-mail system. They were just way wrong and he will have to see how the city government will address his actions even after the suspension is over. I think we will all have an opportunity to address our leaders by the vote and in commission meetings but I will not hold one person responsible for any issues with diversity in the city.

09-23-2010, 01:27 AM

I call BULL SH** on this supposed gay right civil attorney. You are the SAME POSTER posting all of this other BS that is calling for the removal of these employees. You think if you post anonymously with different posts from different people calling for their removal, this will somehow advance your cause for this. Why didn't this "very well known gay attorney who specializes in civil rights" post his name for verification. Why, because he doesn't exist. An attorney is not going to come on this board and spew this. GROW The FU** UP you are embarrassing law enforcement as a whole. You are no doubt the same person dragging Tony Lewis into this. Knock it off and just go handle your calls.

09-23-2010, 01:54 AM
Thank you now a post with truth in it !!!!

Well I am not a gay attorney sorry. I will tell you that I don’t give a dam about gay or not gay, to me it’s all the same. Why do you have to make it a gay issue? I live in the city all like all the residents be they gay, white, black, Chinese, Jewish, Arab, or hell I don’t know. The point is our city is diverse and I don’t think we have to be gay or anything to take sides on what’s right is right for all.

Are you telling me that you (a lawyer) made an official Internal Affairs complaint about the police and they did not respond or investigate it? Did you also make an official complaint about a city employee and the city did not investigate it or respond? Then I agree do the Lawyer thing by sending a legal letterhead letter and take on the process. What makes me wonder if you really are a lawyer is why are you venting here on a police site? If you are a lawyer and these are real facts where are the letters that have been sent to the city and PD.? Why were you not at commission standing up for all this? I was there and heard none of this. It’s just strange that a real lawyer would need a police web site to address his concerns?
As far as the election process let the cards fall where they will when we vote. My own opinion is that The chief, even with the current suspension will fall victim to the additional political fallout and may be terminated in the future. I for one do not believe that he is a racists, I believe that that he made a terrible mistake by doing this and showed very poor judgment and he will have to deal with the repercussions for it. I also do believe that he is not the root of all evil in the world or even in our great city.

There are issues that have to be looked at after this incident but I have found there are way too many interesting comments here that are more personal and not really in the interest our city and the well being of our Police department. I say while they have a right to free speech in any form. It is a shame. that they words some are using and form take on more of a personal attack. I am also seeing what I believe to be many false allegations based on no facts to date.
To date based on facts and confirmed by the city is the chief did receive , send or respond to e-mails that were very insensitive to the black community in particular and had no merit as comedy or should they have ever been entertained on a city e-mail system. They were just way wrong and he will have to see how the city government will address his actions even after the suspension is over. I think we will all have an opportunity to address our leaders by the vote and in commission meetings but I will not hold one person responsible for any issues with diversity in the city.

09-27-2010, 04:04 AM
Word in the building that the present Mayor,present WMPD Command Staff are going to have a very bad week along with the present City Manager. Let's see what time is the City Commission Meeting Tuesday night. 7 ish yea! :devil:

09-27-2010, 04:27 AM
May god show you that there is more to life than hate for man. Gold Bless you

09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
How can the Chief of police in a primarily Gay community disregard the intent of civil service laws and bypass a gay police officer who scored # 01 on the Sergeants exam and promoted other white heterosexual males over the top scorer. Seems like a prima facia case. Mayor Resnick, Gallegos, Sanchez, Commissioners are you listening or reading? Oh, by the way to come to that decision he asks the opinion of one of the most bigoted supervisors. I think this is total disrespect to your community Mr Mayor, what are you going to do about it?

Think I am lying, start asking questions?

Perez has got to go. The average Police Chief only lasts four years, he is not average, he should have been gone three years ago!

09-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Sounds like that person should have made a complaint if it is a complaint. But we must all say that it’s a rule of 5 and being gay or black or anything should not be the key to promotion. I don’t think the Civil service law states anything on this. ????

I am a minority but I can tell you I have no interest in being promoted to anything based on that. It should be based on many factors and while that should be one I don’t want it used as the only factor. As far a checking there are many cities that due a rule of 5, 3 or 10. Fail a complaint because all the documentation that is so alleged here just does not appear in any form
Are you saying if a gay cop makes the list as number one he must be promoted? then you better change your own contract rules next time around.

How can the Chief of police in a primarily gay community disregard the intent of civil service laws and bypass a gay police officer who scored # 01 on the Sergeants exam and promoted other white heterosexual males over the top scorer. Seems like a prima facia case. Mayor Resnick, Gallegos, Sanchez, Commissioners are you listening or reading? Oh, by the way to come to that decision he asks the opinion of one of the most bigoted supervisors. I think this is total disrespect to your community Mr Mayor, what are you going to do about it?

Think I am lying, start asking questions?

Perez has got to go. The average Police Chief only lasts four years, he is not average, he should have been gone three years ago!

09-28-2010, 12:32 AM
Your point is well taken regarding civil service rules, but should people with bias opinions make these decisions. I believe the Chief ask for input from his staff about who to promote and its the same people involved in passing racist emails on department computers. Civil service rules were created to prevent corruption and nepotism

09-28-2010, 01:11 AM
OK point well taken. I think we can agree that RP wil not be there much longer. Even after the thirty days. Hope after that we can all move on.

Your point is well taken regarding civil service rules, but should people with bias opinions make these decisions. I believe the Chief ask for input from his staff about who to promote and its the same people involved in passing racist emails on department computers. Civil service rules were created to prevent corruption and nepotism

09-28-2010, 05:11 AM
STONEWALL- To he gay community it is a cause to celebrate as a victory for civil rights

STONEWALL_- To the CITY MANAGER JOSEPH GALLEGOS , MAYOR GARY RESNICK , it is a way to hide the ANTI GAY E MAILS SEIBERT,SGT PETER BIGELSEN AND POLICE CHIEF RICK PEREZ traded among each other. But Gary it all will come out because your COMMUNITY has them but will you step up otherwise JOE ANGELO will CRUSH you. The CITY ATTORNEY AND CITY MANAGER JOSEPH GALLEGOS have set you up to fail and you are to stupid to see it. MAYOR JOE ANGELO YOU DESERVE IT. MAYOR GARY RESNICK R. I.P.

09-28-2010, 04:44 PM
If is even one e-mail on gays where is it ? Why have you not filed a records request for them. Then you could prove your point they have to provide and will. Hmmm

STONEWALL- To he gay community it is a cause to celebrate as a victory for civil rights

STONEWALL_- To the CITY MANAGER JOSEPH GALLEGOS , MAYOR GARY RESNICK , it is a way to hide the ANTI gay E MAILS SEIBERT,SGT PETER BIGELSEN AND POLICE CHIEF RICK PEREZ traded among each other. But Gary it all will come out because your COMMUNITY has them but will you step up otherwise JOE ANGELO will CRUSH you. The CITY ATTORNEY AND CITY MANAGER JOSEPH GALLEGOS have set you up to fail and you are to stupid to see it. MAYOR JOE ANGELO YOU DESERVE IT. MAYOR GARY RESNICK R. I.P.

10-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Suspended Chief Asks For Forgiveness
Written by Elgin Jones (South Florida Times)

Officials with the Broward Police Academy are disputing suspended Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard E. Perez’s contention that racially insensitive e-mails he distributed from his official e-mail account were actually part of course materials for classes he taught at the academy.

Some of the e-mails circulated by Perez had audio recordings attached. One them is titled, “Good Moan’in Mam.”

"Good moan’ in mam. Isn’t it a lovely moan’ in,” greets a man to a white woman in a classic minstrel-style, slapstick tone. The white woman responds, “Up yours N----r!”

Perez has apologized and has said the e-mails were downloaded and used in the classroom at the police academy, where he moonlighted as an instructor for $32.50 an hour.

“I have many of them that I use in my classes for diversity, for stereotyping, and for teaching new recruits,” Perez said in an interview this week. “Broward College has those curriculums on file that I use.”

“Whether we like to use the N-word or not, police officers hear that quite a bit out there,” Perez said. “I’m deeply apologetic. I’m asking for a second chance.”

College officials dispute Perez’s claim and said there are no plans to bring him back on the teaching staff. The officials said in an interview and in e-mails that they checked the lesson plans Perez submitted and found no evidence of offensive materials being used in the courses he taught.

“Broward College explicitly prohibits and will not tolerate bigotry or prejudice. The college and state has reviewed the curriculum that was approved to be used in the courses, and the college has reviewed internal emails and found no inappropriate usage of these materials or violations of policy,” said Linda Wood, Dean of the Institute of Public Safety.

“Mr. Perez does not have a contract to teach at the college and is not teaching currently. The college has no plans for him to teach these courses again.”

The Institute operates the state-certified Broward Police Academy. Courses are approved by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission. Perez chaired that commission until Gov. Charlie Crist removed him from the post Sept. 23 after South Florida Times broke the story of the controversial e-mails.

Perez is serving a 30-day unpaid suspension as chief for circulating the e-mails among members of his senior command staff and private citizens. Disciplinary action against other employees who engaged in the prohibited practice is likely.

Another e-mail Perez circulated around the department said, “A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.’ His mother replied, ‘Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!’”

Citing his record on diversity he brought to the Wilton Manors police department since assuming the helm four years ago, Perez offered an apology and sought forgiveness.

“I let my citizens down in my city and that’s why I wanted to apologize,” Perez said. “And I hope they will give me a second chance and let me apologize for inappropriately using the city’s computer system, which I really should know better.”

An e-mail that was forwarded to Perez from the account of Sgt. Peter Bigelsen is titled, “Stupid Is, As Stupid Does.”

It shows a picture of the President and First Lady Michele Obama with their hands on their hearts, apparently during a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.

“Just A Gentle Reminder. I fully believe they both know exactly what they are doing!!! Stupid is, as Stupid Does...Unbelievable. As any American knows, we place our right hand over our heart when we recite the Pledge of Allegiance,” reads that
e-mail.

Dozens of other e-mails, some including racial slurs, a photo of nude woman and other distasteful comments directed towards the President and members of the Democratic Party have been circulated through the department by Perez.

“I have several of those. I use them and historically, I teach at Broward College. I teach stereotyping, I teach ethics, I teach diversity. I have many of those clips and forward them back to my friend who downloads them. That’s not an excuse. I should not have done this stuff on a city computer,” Perez said.

Perez said he did not intend to offend anyone and characterized the e-mails as instructional materials and political satire.

10-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Hey Chief.... Did you hear the one about the jew, the mexican and the Italian....Oh wait a minute.... You probably sent it to your "FRIEND" and had it downloaded to be used in your "TRAINING CLASS" (wink...wink)

10-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Found this at http://www.blackchristiannews.com

Florida Police Chief in Big Trouble for Sending Racist E-mails About Obama, Women, Blacks, and Other MinoritiesSeptember 11, 2010 5:00 AM

After chasing bad guys all day, it's understandable cops could use a good laugh.

But the kind of humor circulating around the Wilton Manors Police Department might not be so funny to minorities, women or President Barack Obama.

And the dozens of crude and offensive jokes being sent by e-mail are all coming from the police chief's computer, reports the South Florida Times.

The e-mail scandal hasn't resulted in disciplinary action yet, but it appears the Broward State Attorney's Office is looking into the matter.

Among the jokes found in Police Chief Richard Perez's e-mail was a story hinting Obama is the offspring of a woman and a dog.

"A little boy said to his mother, 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.' His mother replied, 'Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!'" read the e-mail, sent from Perez on July 23.

The South Florida Times quotes another e-mail, entitled "Math Class" that appears to be poking fun at education in the inner city.

"Dwayne pimps 3 ho's. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day Crack habit?" reads that e-mail.

Other e-mails include nude pictures, racial slurs and jokes degrading women, blacks and other minority groups. Several jokes also target the Democratic Party.

Mayor Gary Resnick said the city manager is also investigating the matter and that a decision could be made as early as next week.

Source: NBC Miami

10-02-2010, 11:00 PM
This was in a Chicago newspaper at http://www.chicagodefender.com

Monday, September 20, 2010
Fla. police chief suspended for racist e-mailsAssociated Press

WILTON MANORS, Fla. (AP) — A South Florida police chief is beginning his suspension for sending racist e-mails on his work account.

Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard Perez began his 30-day, unpaid suspension Monday.

Perez will have to attend racial and cultural sensitivity training during his suspension.

The South Florida Times obtained copies of the e-mails. They appeared to be chain e-mails that featured derogatory comments about black people, the homeless, and President Barack Obama and his family. One of the e-mails also expressed disappointment that Obama was not shot during his inauguration.

Perez did not respond to a phone message left at his office by The Associated Press or to an e-mail.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.

10-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed the Wilton Manors Police Department.
Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed all of the employees of the City of Wilton Manors.
Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed all of the residents of the City of Wilton Manors.
Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed the Institute of Public Safety at Broward College.
Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed the law enforcement profession as a whole.
Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed us locally, throughout Broward County, throughout the State of Florida, and across the nation.
This embarrassment has been publicized by various local news media, news media across the state, and news media across the nation.

10-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Go outside get a girlfriend. Go for help, put down the gin. Are you in love with a chief? Did he turn you down at a bar ?
Call family and ask for rehab

Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed all of the employees of the City of Wilton Manors.
Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed all of the residents of the City of Wilton Manors.
Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed the Institute of Public Safety at Broward College.
Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed the law enforcement profession as a whole.
Police Chief Richard Perez has embarrassed us locally, throughout Broward County, throughout the State of Florida, and across the nation.
This embarrassment has been publicized by various local news media, news media across the state, and news media across the nation.

10-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Check China maybe they has the same one you keep on posting. How about some news thats new ?

This was in a Chicago newspaper at http://www.chicagodefender.com

Monday, September 20, 2010
Fla. police chief suspended for racist e-mailsAssociated Press

WILTON MANORS, Fla. (AP) — A South Florida police chief is beginning his suspension for sending racist e-mails on his work account.

Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard Perez began his 30-day, unpaid suspension Monday.

Perez will have to attend racial and cultural sensitivity training during his suspension.

The South Florida Times obtained copies of the e-mails. They appeared to be chain e-mails that featured derogatory comments about black people, the homeless, and President Barack Obama and his family. One of the e-mails also expressed disappointment that Obama was not shot during his inauguration.

Perez did not respond to a phone message left at his office by The Associated Press or to an e-mail.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.

10-03-2010, 08:34 PM
That line about getting a girlfriend and all the other junk is as old as you are. Go back to FLPD or just leave and enjoy your pension. You can quit kissing the chief's butt. He says that he does not come on here. Oh, wait, I forgot, his snitches like you that do and tell him everything that here.

Go outside get a girlfriend. Go for help, put down the gin. Are you in love with a chief? Did he turn you down at a bar ?

10-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Plase call rehab ASAP. if its a guy you need then get to it boy. You need some relief. Put the gin in the trash can and please take a bath. Dont you see that palying here while naked is a bad thing. I told you this is a form of social mastrabation for you.

That line about getting a girlfriend and all the other junk is as old as you are. Go back to FLPD or just leave and enjoy your pension. You can quit kissing the chief's butt. He says that he does not come on here. Oh, wait, I forgot, his snitches like you that do and tell him everything that here.

10-03-2010, 10:21 PM
How many times have you heard people joking about being addicted to the internet? Probably more than a few times.

How many times have you heard people joke about being addicted to a message board or forum? Probably not that often. Why not? Most of the time it's broken down into a general addiction but when you start to dig deeper into the issue you rule out other aspects of the internet (email, instant messaging, online gaming etc). With message boards and forums for just about any subject under the sun, it makes sense that there would be groups that would become addicted to it. Understanding the addiction and why it perpetuates itself is part of the cure. If you are addicted you have to admit it first then honestly say that you want help. It's just like an addiction to anything else, if you don't have the desire to kick the habit; nothing anyone can say or do is going to change the situation.

Years ago when America On Line (AOL) had message boards you would see people posting as many as 100 threads a day. These days there are sites dedicated to just message boards and that indeed causes problems for people who seek them out. Just like working in an emergency room and dealing with drug seekers, there are forum and board junkies that are always looking for a bigger and better high. If you've never posted at a board or forum you might not understand how it can be addictive. It's not just about swapping cookie recipes or getting cheat codes for video games any more. There are boards for sports, hobbies, advice, health and pretty much any other subject or topic you can think of.

How To Know You Are Addicted:
If you check your threads via a mobile phone, before doing anything else online or get angered when you can't access boards, there is a good chance that you are either addicted or are on the path to being addicted. In regards to a loved one, if you notice they are spending large chunks of time at a website and display odd tendencies or outbursts, it might be time to have a talk with them.

When Is It Time To Get Help?
If more and more of your time is being spent at a certain forum or board and that is starting to spill over into other facets of your life, you may need to seek professional help. If loved ones are complaining that you are not spending time with them, you engage in text and verbal "flamefests" over things that you would have dismissed as trivial a few months ago or your job is suffering because of message board postings, you could be in need of help.

Why Do Some Become Addicted?
Some people may use it as a substitute for something that is missing in their life. Just like alcohol, drugs, food and sex, message boards can be a way of getting some type of satisfaction that is lacking or missing elsewhere. If someone has created an online persona, that too can help boost their ego and fuel the cycle of addiction. In regards to message boards, there are some specifics that can directly feed the circle of addiction. Post counts, member status titles (newbie, seasoned vet, supreme poster etc) and overall admiration from other members can cause someone to spend more and more time at a board or forum.

With internet access available at cyber cafes, libraries, coffee shops and work you might not know the real scope of the addiction. The best way to get a clear and honest understanding is to try to get the names of the sites and the user name that they post under. You can see their daily post counts, what they are posting, if they are feeling like someone (you) is trying to limit their access and if their overall tone turns sour. Regardless of the age of the person, where they are posting or how they choose to defend their actions, one has to admit that there are some deep rooted issues with message and forum posting addiction. It is a form of ego that grows day by day and eventually forces everything else out of their life. Some might choose to joke about it but I have seen the devastating first hand consequences of what becoming addicted to forums can do to someone.

Getting Help
When Help Is Needed: Like AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) and NA (Narcotics Anonymous) there are 12 Step Programs for those who are addicted to the internet as well as message boards and forums. If you are trying to do a "home cure" for someone else, try getting a program that limits the amount of time they can spend online or at a specific site

10-04-2010, 12:55 AM
When stars need to wean their bodies off an excess of alcohol or drugs, they waft off to the Betty Ford Center or the Priory in London.
Now those who have allowed gaming or the Web to take over their lives have their own place of salvation in the United States.
Heavensfield Retreat Center in the kindly named Fall City, near Seattle, claims to have the first Internet addiction detox program in the States. Called ReStart, it essentially offers a 45-day detox from the need to post your mind and fingers are more numb than a Jonas Brothers fan after a concert.
Here is one criterion "Use of Internet in spite of its harmful effects to others; despite knowledge of harmful effects, Internet use is hard to stop for these people."

For $14,500, you can be saved from yourself and your virtual world.

10-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Perez should be packing his bags by this friday with Dee and Costello in tow. They are now preparing a exit statergy for the entire police command staff along with the city manager. One thing ezrol is good at is protecting the commission prior to the november election

10-04-2010, 11:46 AM
sam dic! with a new name

Perez should be packing his bags by this friday with Dee and Costello in tow. They are now preparing a exit statergy for the entire police command staff along with the city manager. One thing ezrol is good at is protecting the commission prior to the november election

10-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Chief how come there are no cops on this board supporting you? THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING!

10-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Thats what a Minority cop would have to say about all this NOT! same jackAss and yet another name. Now you are a minority today Great one

Chief how come there are no cops on this board supporting you? THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING!

10-05-2010, 02:20 AM
Broward School Board member Stephanie Kraft, husband turn themselves in

Broward School Board member Stephanie Kraft and her husband, Mitch Kraft, turned themselves in at the county's Main Jail around 11 a.m. Monday, to face public corruption charges.

The Krafts were charged with unlawful compensation, bribery, and conspiracy to commit unlawful compensation, according to the Broward State Attorney's Office. Stephanie Kraft was also charged with official misconduct.

A trained lawyer and former therapist, Kraft is the latest in a growing line of local politicians who have been charged with abusing their offices by state and federal law enforcement. She is the second School Board member to face criminal charges in a little more than a year.
Like many of the other arrested politicians, the charges against the Krafts are linked to developers Bruce and Shawn Chait, of the Coral Springs-based Prestige Homes of South Florida, Inc.

The charges stem from illegal assistance the Krafts gave the Chaits, who hired Mitch Kraft to help them get schools-required development fees for one of their building projects effectively reduced by $500,000, according to Ron Ishoy, a spokesman for the State Attorney's Office.

Investigators found that Stephanie Kraft then pushed school staff to put the reduced development fee that her husband helped arrange onto the School Board's "consent" agenda. She walked from the School Board dais when the vote to approve the reduced fee within the consent agenda was taken, Ishoy said.

Bruce Chait told investigators in a sworn statement that he knew Mitch Kraft from his time as Tamarac City Attorney and also knew he was the husband of a school board member. Chait said he called him for help because Mitch Kraft had told him "anytime you need anything with the School Board, call me."

In a meeting in Chait's office, Mitch Kraft told Chait he couldn't personally do the job but "that he would put Chait in touch with someone that could, and that he (Mitch Kraft) would handle the matter behind the scenes," according to an arrest affidavit filed by Angel Pazienza, an investigator for the State Attorney's Office. Chait said he "considered it insurance that nothing would go wrong" to hire Stephanie Kraft's husband. Chuck Fink, a consultant and former director of real estate for the school district, was hired to handle the matter, Chait said.

The Chaits paid Mitch Kraft $10,000 on October 5, 2007, for his work on their behalf, according to prosecutors. Stephanie Kraft is charged with receiving financial benefits – her husband's income from the Chaits – in exchange for getting the Chaits' request placed on a School Board agenda. She is also accused of intentionally failing to vote on the matter and also failing to file a voting conflict disclosure form or revealing that her husband was working for the Chaits on an item she had caused to be placed on the agenda.

The Chaits never paid the school district mitigation fees, according to prosecutors, and became embroiled in more arguments when the district decided to increase such fees in 2009.

Chait called district staff members and said that he was going to call Gov. Charlie Crist "and that he had hired lawyers, one of whom was Mitch Kraft," according to the arrest affidavit. The late Tom Coates, the district's executive director of facilities management at the time, told staff members to write memos documenting their concerns upon learning that Mitch Kraft was working for Prestige Homes.

In July 2007, when the Chaits ran into obstacles convincing school district staff to go along with their efforts to reduce their mitigation fees from about $1.7 million to about $1.2 million, Bruce Chait testified that he told Mitch Kraft he wanted the item on the July 24 agenda.

"[Mitch] Kraft, in Chait's presence, immediately called his wife, BCSB member Stephanie Kraft, had a short conversation and then hung up, announcing to Chait words to the effect that "You're on [the July 24, 2007 agenda," Pazienza wrote.

Broward Circuit Judge Jeffrey R. Levenson signed arrest warrants charging both Stephanie Kraft and Mitch Kraft on Friday, and the Krafts surrendered at the jail on Monday morning. Stephanie Kraft will be released on $6,500 bail, Mitch Kraft on $5,500 bail.

Stephanie Kraft, 54, and Mitch Kraft, 58, of Coral Springs, have been under investigation for some time.

They are still going through the booking process at the jail, but Stephanie Kraft posted the following status update on her Facebook page earlier Monday: "Appearances can be deceiving ... things aren't always what they seem." On Monday, all content appeared to have been removed from her blog "Stephanie Speaks Out," which she started on Sept. 13.

"Stephanie and Mitch Kraft are innocent of the charges. They both look forward to their day in court when they will be vindicated," Ken Padowitz, Stephanie Kraft's attorney, told the Sun Sentinel. He declined to explain further.

Kevin Kulik, Mitch Kraft's attorney, said he was confident the Krafts would be cleared of the allegations against them. "[State Attorney] Mike Satz's office has a sordid history when it comes to filing charges based upon unreliable snitch testimony made by people obviously trying to save their own skins," Kulik said.

The Chaits have been cooperating with state prosecutors for several months and spilled the beans under oath on their allegedly illegal payments to elected officials. In August, Bruce and Shawn Chait pleaded guilty to unlawful compensation, a felony, and are serving four years of probation.

Kraft announced in January that she would not seek re-election after 12 years on the board, but she now must either step down or be placed on suspension by Gov. Charlie Crist, pending the outcome of the criminal case. Sterling Ivey, a Crist spokesman, said he had not yet received any resignation letter from Kraft, but staff would begin reviewing the case as soon as they receive paperwork from prosecutors or a letter from Kraft.

Kraft initially ran for office in 1998 on a platform of restoring public trust, improving services and reducing waste. She said the wanted the board to take more responsibility for its decisions and become more responsive to parents.

Kraft announced at the last School Board meeting, on Sept. 21, that she was starting a "Supporting Arts for Kids Fund" with money left in her election campaign account. The fund will be subsidized by the Broward Education Foundation, which is the nonprofit, fundraising arm of the school district.

She invited "all of the interested business friends" to attend a wine-and-cheese reception on Nov. 9, which she billed as retirement/kickoff party. She was scheduled to leave office on Nov. 16.

School Board chairwoman Jennifer Gottlieb said changes have been made at the district.

"We have taken many steps to improve our transparency and ethical standards," she said. "The public needs to have faith that this board is operating with a high level of integrity in doing our business in providing a high quality education for all of our students."

Charlotte Greenbarg, president of the Broward Coalition who is also active in the school system's oversight groups said "Everyone I know was wondering, from the time of their involvement with the Chaits, the impact fees not paid, and the 'walk' she [Kraft] took when the vote came up, how long it would take for this to happen." She said she hopes a recommendation that Board members be allowed to hire and fire their auditors will be reconsidered in light of the Krafts' arrests.

In a statement, Broward Schools Superintendent James Notter said that district administrators learned of Kraft's arrest Monday morning.

"There is a legal process that now must run its course," Notter said. "Our board and administration remain committed to keeping the focus on improving the academic achievements of our students in a safe and secure learning environment."

Since former School Board member Beverly Gallagher's arrest in September 2009, he said, the board and district "have made significant changes in our processes and procedures to insure a higher level of integrity and transparency." Gallagher is now serving a federal prison sentence.

Of the 14 recommendations made by the district's blue ribbon Integrity Commission, the School Board has already taken action on 10, he said.

Staff writer Akilah Johnson contributed to this report.

Paula McMahon can be reached at pmcmahon@SunSentinel.com or 954-356-4533.

10-05-2010, 02:37 AM
Ex-Broward sheriff turned down on pension appeal

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) _ The Florida Supreme Court has rejected former Broward County Sheriff Ken Jenne's attempt to have his pension restored despite a federal corruption conviction.
The justices on Tuesday declined to hear Jenne's appeal. That means a lower court ruling stands denying Jenne a pension worth about $134,000 a year.
Jenne, also a longtime state lawmaker and former prosecutor, pleaded guilty in 2007 to accepting money and favors from sheriff's vendors. Jenne served 10 months in prison and lost his law license.
After prison he worked as a consultant at the now-defunct Fort Lauderdale law firm headed by Scott Rothstein, now serving a 50-year sentence for running a $1 billion Ponzi scheme. Jenne has not been implicated in that case
http://www.sfltimes.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=199 (http://www.sfltimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5406&Itemid=199)

10-05-2010, 02:40 AM
FBI investigating bank robbery in North Miami Beach

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/04/1 ... z11Rr3ND77 (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/04/1856668/fbi-investigating-bank-robbery.html#ixzz11Rr3ND77)
by JENNIFER LEBOVICH
jlebovich@MiamiHerald.com

Authorities are searching for a man who robbed a North Miami Beach Bank of America on Monday morning.
The man waited on line with other customers, but when it was his turn he pulled a gun and jumped the counter, the FBI said.
The man took money from several teller drawers before leaving the bank at 1199 NE 163rd St., said Judy Orihuela, who declined to say how much was taken.
As authorities searched for the man nearby North Miami Beach High School was placed on lockdown and the nearby Mall at 163rd Street was blocked off.
There were early reports that a dye pack exploded in the parking lot of a nearby mall, but authorities have not yet located it.
Surveillance pictures released from inside the bank show a man in a light baseball cap and a short sleeve button down shirt. He is holding a gun.
Authorities say he was also wearing blue jeans and has a goatee.
The man was believed to be between 25 to 30 years old, between 5-feet 10-inches and 6-feet-tall and between 180 to 200 pounds

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/04/1 ... z11RqogaNu (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/04/1856668/fbi-investigating-bank-robbery.html#ixzz11RqogaNu)

10-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Thinking now that the Stephanie Kraft arrest has been made, the next big public corruption arrest will be our one and only Police Chief Richard E Perez. The racist police chief will also be charged with PERJURY. Boy his family has got to be real proud of this man. Then we have the false affadavit complaint, abuse of vacation leave and let's talk about FLEX time. He is sure going to keep his attorneys busy during the holiday season! Bet that El Grande ego is shrinking a little bit right now. And that TV interview where he threw Linda Wood and the Academy under the bus. Don't let the academy door hit you in your fat arse just as the one at 2020 will when your asked not to return. The Commission is now totally fed up with the multiple Perez investigations and knows he has to go. The Broward Newtimes article said it best. SEE YA! :devil:

10-05-2010, 02:50 AM
It could happen but I am trying to keep all the news up front as well. I also think his family will love him no matter what. You see that is family. You should try it some day. The fact that he will get released is not news to me.

Thinking now that the Stephanie Kraft arrest has been made, the next big public corruption arrest will be our one and only Police Chief Richard E Perez. The racist police chief will also be charged with PERJURY. Boy his family has got to be real proud of this man. Then we have the false affadavit complaint, abuse of vacation leave and let's talk about FLEX time. He is sure going to keep his attorneys busy during the holiday season! Bet that El Grande ego is shrinking a little bit right now. And that TV interview where he threw Linda Wood and the Academy under the bus. Don't let the academy door hit you in your fat arse just as the one at 2020 will when your asked not to return. The Commission is now totally fed up with the multiple Perez investigations and knows he has to go. The Broward Newtimes article said it best. SEE YA! :devil:

10-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Thats what a Minority cop would have to say about all this NOT! same jackarse and yet another name. Now you are a minority today Great one

Are you supporting the Chief. If so speak up, don"t be ambiguos!

10-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I somewhat confused by what is happening in Wilton Manors and I think Perez thinks everyone is just plain stupid. I for one was insulted by the scripted apology. Here is what needs to be considered: If the information was to be used for police training purposes than using city computers for that purpose would not be a policy violation? It seems clear that the acting chief DS (who also happens to be involved with a good friend of the chiefs Phil C. who he testified for and whose testimony is being looked at by the state attorney's office...) was involved in the e-mail caper. The Chief would not clarify this and said that he would leave it up to the City manager to decide on discipline.

I would think that any credible chief would have stepped forward and make a public statement about who else was involved. Not so with this chief! His attitude is I will admit and explain only when you catch me red handed. Sorry day for the WMPD and the city,

10-06-2010, 12:50 AM
This may be true but my dad has a great set of tools. Would you like to see them?

I somewhat confused by what is happening in Wilton Manors and I think Perez thinks everyone is just plain stupid. I for one was insulted by the scripted apology. Here is what needs to be considered: If the information was to be used for police training purposes than using city computers for that purpose would not be a policy violation? It seems clear that the acting chief DS (who also happens to be involved with a good friend of the chiefs Phil C. who he testified for and whose testimony is being looked at by the state attorney's office...) was involved in the e-mail caper. The Chief would not clarify this and said that he would leave it up to the City manager to decide on discipline.

I would think that any credible chief would have stepped forward and make a public statement about who else was involved. Not so with this chief! His attitude is I will admit and explain only when you catch me red handed. Sorry day for the WMPD and the city,

calvinshardy09
10-06-2010, 01:32 PM
They are now preparing a exit strategy for the entire police command staff along with the city manager.The forbidden practice is not limited to low-level employees; it reaches all way to the top of the department.

10-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Interesting list of witnesses for Cameron's civil suit.

Cameron v. Fraternal Order of Police
Philip Cameron v. Florida State Lodge of Fraternal, et al
Cart_add Purchase Access
Video View Video

Industry:Law Enforcement
Practice Area:Employment Law
Description:Police officer who was President of the Fraternal Order of Police for Florida from 1996-2004, alleged that he lost his job and was defamed and humiliated by false statements on June 24, 2005, publicly accusing him of fraud and misappropriation of funds.

The defendants asserted the the plaintiff had abused his position by getting reimbursed for attending pension seminars that were not part of his job, and they were obligated to terminate his position.

The jury found for the plaintiff on breach of employment contract and defamation claims, and awarded damages in excess of $300,000.

Trial - 06/19/07 to 06/25/07
Case Number:CACE05015197
Courthouse:
Judicial Complex
Ft Lauderdale, FL

17th Judicial Circuit of Florida
Judge:
Moe, Leroy
Parties and Attorneys:
Plaintiff

* Cameron, Phillip
Represented By:
o Kelly, John (The Kelly Group)

Defense

* Florida State Lodge of Fraternal Police
Represented By:
o Phillips, Kathleen (Black, Srebnick, Kornspan & Stumpf, P.A.)
o Buschel, Robert (Rothstein Rosenfeldt Adler)

Witnesses:
Expert

* Dean, Mr. Ralph
* Barros, Mr. Martin
* Stein, Mr. Donald
* DeHart, Keri
* Hachigan, George
* Preston, James
* Mann, Mr. James
* Klapka, Mr. Stephen
* Garcia, Mr. Martin
* Perez, Richard

Lay

* Cameron, Mr. Philip
* Suereth, Donna
* Wenger, Mr. Len
* Farrow, John Jr.
* Seidert, Doris
* Williams, Mr. Doug
* Puleo,
* Puleo, Mr. Joe
* Mack, Kenneth
* Arrojo, Jose
* Bartholome, John
* Cobb, Charles

Cant Any of Rick's above friends get on this board and support him? After all he allegedly perjured himself for Cameron? Where are friends when you need them? Rick seems like you only have fair weather friends!

10-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I dont know how to berak this to you but other than maybe two dont even read this site. You may continue you fun have it . I am sure they deal face to face. Do you really wake up every day and think this is the cover of time ?

Cart_add Purchase Access
Video View Video

Description:Police officer who was President of the Fraternal Order of Police for Florida from 1996-2004, alleged that he lost his job and was defamed and humiliated by false statements on June 24, 2005, publicly accusing him of fraud and misappropriation of funds.

The defendants asserted the the plaintiff had abused his position by getting reimbursed for attending pension seminars that were not part of his job, and they were obligated to terminate his position.

The jury found for the plaintiff on breach of employment contract and defamation claims, and awarded damages in excess of $300,000.

Courthouse:
Judicial Complex
Ft Lauderdale, FL

Judge:
Moe, Leroy
Parties and Attorneys:
Plaintiff

* Cameron, Phillip
Represented By:

Defense

Represented By:

Witnesses:
Expert

* Dean, Mr. Ralph
* Barros, Mr. Martin
* Stein, Mr. Donald
* DeHart, Keri
* Hachigan, George
* Preston, James
* Mann, Mr. James
* Klapka, Mr. Stephen
* Garcia, Mr. Martin
* Perez, Richard

Lay

* Cameron, Mr. Philip
* Suereth, Donna
* Wenger, Mr. Len
* Farrow, John Jr.
* Seidert, Doris
* Williams, Mr. Doug
* Puleo,
* Puleo, Mr. Joe
* Mack, Kenneth
* Arrojo, Jose
* Bartholome, John
* Cobb, Charles

Cant Any of Rick's above friends get on this board and support him? After all he allegedly perjured himself for Cameron? Where are friends when you need them? Rick seems like you only have fair weather friends!

10-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey "Guest", did you pass English/Grammer when you were in school? If so, you could not prove it by the message that you posted. There are so many errors that it makes your posting very difficult to read or understand. Try spell check too. And to answer your question; No.

[quote]Re: Racist Emails Circulated From Police Chief's Account
by Guest on 10/06/10 18:01:30

I dont know how to berak this to you but other than maybe two dont even read this site. You may continue you fun have it . I am sure they deal face to face. Do you really wake up every day and think this is the cover of time ? [quote]

10-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Sorry we had a little fun while we did that one. I am so upset dont know what to do now.
You have to understand this is great entertainment keep up the good work.

Hey "Guest", did you pass English/Grammer when you were in school? If so, you could not prove it by the message that you posted. There are so many errors that it makes your posting very difficult to read or understand. Try spell check too. And to answer your question; No.

Re: Racist Emails Circulated From Police Chief's Account
by Guest on 10/06/10 18:01:30

I dont know how to berak this to you but other than maybe two dont even read this site. You may continue you fun have it . I am sure they deal face to face. Do you really wake up every day and think this is the cover of time ? [quote:1l1d2v0a][/quote:1l1d2v0a]

10-07-2010, 12:52 AM
This story could relate to why a couple of you have issues. Please report this if you know anything. Its you duty

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/browar ... 0946.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-priest-lawsuit-20101005,0,1050946.story)

An 55-year-old man who says he was sexually abused as a child by a Roman Catholic priest who died 11 years ago is suing the Archdiocese of Miami. In a complaint filed Tuesday in Miami-Dade Circuit Court, Willard Trent says the Rev. Thomas Dennehy, who died in 1999, sexually abused him several times in 1967 and 1968 while he was an altar boy at St. John the Baptist parish in Fort Lauderdale.The lawsuit says Dennehy, who was principal at Cardinal Gibbons High School, where the parish met while its building was under construction, abused Trent. The lawsuit also says that other unnamed priests joined Dennehy in the sexual acts.

"I know that others are hurting as much as I am from Father Dennehy's crimes. I hope that my speaking up will help others to come forward and break their silence so that they too can begin healing," Trent, who lives in Fort Lauderdale, said in a statement. The lawsuit, the first against the archdiocese that names Dennehy, says Trent did not remember being sexually abused until he visited St. John the Baptist last year and spoke to a priest about his childhood, triggering the memories.
Archdiocese spokeswoman Mary Ross Agosta said Tuesday that Trent reported the incidents to the archdiocese in October 2009 and was offered assistance.

"The alleged victim spoke five times to the Archdiocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator and was offered counseling that would be paid for by the Archdiocese of Miami. As per policy, the allegation was reported to Dennis Siegel, Broward County State Attorney's Office, on December 22, 2009 ... No other allegations have been reported against Father Dennehy," Agosta said in a statement.

Dennehy worked at Cardinal Gibbons from 1961 to 1973. He also worked at Christopher Columbus High School, Archbishop Curley Notre Dame High School, St. John's Preparatory School, St. John Vianney Seminary and St. Brendan High School. Dennehy was also the assistant director of the archdiocese's Catholic youth organization. He retired in 1993

10-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Nice Sentinel Editorial...quick summary...
Fire Perez

10-08-2010, 12:20 PM
The jokes were funny.

Nice Sentinel Editorial...quick summary...
Fire Perez

10-08-2010, 10:06 PM
It was great to see the leadership from the FOP to request the closure of the board for Fort Lauderdale PD. The FOP realized the lack of benefit from many of the post that were being placed there. Many from this many from this WMPD board. One can only hope that leadership at WMPD and the PBA will do the same so officers can get back to policing and brotherhood. Hopefully in time return to constructive discussions on these beneficial boards.

10-09-2010, 04:52 AM
It was great to see the leadership from the FOP to request the closure of the board for Fort Lauderdale PD. The FOP realized the lack of benefit from many of the post that were being placed there. Many from this many from this WMPD board. One can only hope that leadership at WMPD and the PBA will do the same so officers can get back to policing and brotherhood. Hopefully in time return to constructive discussions on these beneficial boards.

Problem is we have not had leadership at WMPD since January 2006 since the cancer named Richard E Perez arrrived with Butch. Since then the brotherhood and sisterhood has been forever broken now more then ever with the addition of his FLPD DROP BUDDIES who could care less about policing but they are waiting for that next Wilton Manors paycheck to go along with their next retirement from FLPD. Apparently the FLPD FOP does not believe in free speech. Now that is very sad.

10-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Have it your way !

Problem is we have not had leadership at WMPD since January 2006 since the cancer named Richard E Perez arrrived with Butch. Since then the brotherhood and sisterhood has been forever broken now more then ever with the addition of his FLPD DROP BUDDIES who could care less about policing but they are waiting for that next Wilton Manors paycheck to go along with their next retirement from FLPD. Apparently the FLPD FOP does not believe in free speech. Now that is very sad.

10-11-2010, 01:15 AM
There are a few interesting names for sure.

Cart_add Purchase Access
Video View Video

Courthouse:
Judicial Complex
Ft Lauderdale, FL

Judge:
Moe, Leroy
Parties and Attorneys:
Plaintiff

* Cameron, Phillip
Represented By:

Defense

Represented By:

Witnesses:
Expert

* Dean, Mr. Ralph
* Barros, Mr. Martin
* Stein, Mr. Donald
* DeHart, Keri
* Hachigan, George
* Preston, James
* Mann, Mr. James
* Klapka, Mr. Stephen
* Garcia, Mr. Martin
* Perez, Richard

Lay

* Cameron, Mr. Philip
* Suereth, Donna
* Wenger, Mr. Len
* Farrow, John Jr.
* Seidert, Doris
* Williams, Mr. Doug
* Puleo,
* Puleo, Mr. Joe
* Mack, Kenneth
* Arrojo, Jose
* Bartholome, John
* Cobb, Charles

10-11-2010, 05:49 PM

You are so right man, I can’t believe all those FLPD guys got hired at WMPD its ridiculous. All that experience and training they have from 25 years + at a department that’s only 20 times larger than Wilton Manors with 200,000 calls for service a year instead of 9,000. Yeah and not only that, I hear they even get to work on time and don’t call in sick every time they earn a sick day. And they haven’t even been fired from another department so how can they possibly be Qualified to work with the elite Wilton Manors Officers who have all applied at FLPD and been rejected. There has to be terminated officers from other departments that need a job instead of hiring these FLPD guys!!!!

10-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Yea and they come in clean and look good. This must stop, why would they hire good cops?

You are so right man, I can’t believe all those FLPD guys got hired at WMPD its ridiculous. All that experience and training they have from 25 years + at a department that’s only 20 times larger than Wilton Manors with 200,000 calls for service a year instead of 9,000. Yeah and not only that, I hear they even get to work on time and don’t call in sick every time they earn a sick day. And they haven’t even been fired from another department so how can they possibly be Qualified to work with the elite Wilton Manors Officers who have all applied at FLPD and been rejected. There has to be terminated officers from other departments that need a job instead of hiring these FLPD guys!!!!

10-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Yea and they come in clean and look good. This must stop, why would they hire good cops?

I actually have no problem with any of my FLPD (Retired) colleagues. As least I know that I won't have to go rescue their butts because they just got nailed with their own Taser! Come on guys, EVERYBODY, we are ALL part of the brotherhood, and we are all damaged by the Chief's inexcusable behavior AND the in-house bickering! Let's hope the Council does the proper housecleaning and get's us some REAL management, and then we can go back to doing what we want to do-be good cops!!

10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Well for all of you little boys who haven't grown up yet lets see the stats of the department. 1st at least 3 of the officers were fired yes fired by other departments and Chief Perez was the only one who would hire you. (a little ungrateful) Next we have another officer who left and went to to WPB Sheriff's Dept. after burning bridges at WMPD and then Chief Perez took him back and even promoted him and one of the ones who was hired after being fired by another department. (gee another case of being ungrateful) Now let's put that aside and move on - while it is unthinkable that Officers from a large organization (FLPD) would even think of working for Wilton Manors - it did happen, bringing with them a higher yes higher level of professionalism, work ethic's and quality of work and instead of the Wilton Manors Officers embraceing the knowledge and learning from these Officers - they instead complain, and shun them like so many little boys that they are because they feel threatoned and inferior. Guys that a hint learn from who you can - it may save your life one day, these guys have been there and done it for 20 plus years. You could work at Wilton Manors for 1000 years and not gain the experience and insight that these RETIRED OFFICERS have. You say they are here only for a pay check - lets face it we are all here for a pay check but these officers don't call in sick every other day, they don't complain when given crappy assignments, and do not receive the amount of complaints in comparrison to the other officers. So quite simply stand up, shut up and grow up and stop acting like little babies and start acting like POLICE OFFICERS that your suppose to be.....

10-13-2010, 03:20 AM
Don't forget the violation of the Civil Settlement involving Officer MH from HBPD and the Nephew's community Services hours satisfied at WMPD....
Liked the video on CBS4 of the City Manager running away from the news camera. Who's in charge?

Shocking and amazing that the termination of MH initiated a public records request pertaining to the email account of Perez... Hmmmmmm could that request have unearthed some of the racist emails...
The dirty windows of the glass house have come crashing down.

10-13-2010, 08:38 AM
[quote="Wilton Watcher":3q1c794k]Don't forget the violation of the Civil Settlement involving Officer MH from HBPD and the Nephew's community Services hours satisfied at WMPD....

Shocking and amazing that the termination of MH initiated a public records request pertaining to the email account of Perez... Hmmmmmm could that request have unearthed some of the racist emails...
The dirty windows of the glass house have come crashing down.[/quote:3q1c794k]

Since violet is the last color in the spectrum, does that mean youre finally done with your annoying posts? What drama...you should be on a soap opera.

10-13-2010, 12:26 PM
When you rule your whole career by threat you usually die a pretty open and transparent death which in the case of Richard E Perez was fitting.

10-13-2010, 12:30 PM
I wonder if we can give Mr Perez a TRESSPASS WARNING to never come back like he did to a ex employee. That was a warning of his conduct to follow. Not that you want to dance on somebodys grave but :devil:

10-14-2010, 07:27 PM
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I wonder if we can give Mr Perez a TRESSPASS WARNING to never come back like he did to a ex employee. That was a warning of his conduct to follow. Not that you want to dance on somebodys grave but :devil: