PDA

View Full Version : K9 being disbanded

09-06-2010, 12:28 AM
'bout time. VACIS next? Can we be so lucky?

What are they going to do with the extra Lt.?

Be ready more to come.

09-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Sad day for DOALE!!!!

09-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Sad day for DOALE!!!!

Sad day my arse. GREAT day. Finally some fat cutting happening. Cut the useless to save the whole. It is almost like cutting out a cancer. Now on to the extra Lt., VACIS and that useless Lt., Harold Barry, Accreditation and those involved in that BS, etc, etc, etc..

I guess it could be a sad day for the K9 officers, they actually have to work now. At least the dogs will not have to sit in the SUV's for 12 hours anymore.

09-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Anytime you lose specialized units it is a sad thing for the Officers throughout the department. Less chances for getting out of the trenches. Stay safe all.

09-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Anytime you lose specialized units it is a sad thing for the Officers throughout the department. Less chances for getting out of the trenches. Stay safe all.

Some need to be back in the trenches, they think they are to good for it now.

09-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point - that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative - self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck. Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within. Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences. Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security. Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them. ~Jennifer James

09-06-2010, 11:42 PM
It is funny how every time someone posts the truth someone else tries to make it out to be jealousy. There is no jealousy in the truth. It would appear that someone is shamed by the truth being posted and wants to attempt to cover it up by calling it jealousy. If you are shamed by the truth then you feel that the truth is directed at you and that there is merit to it so you must deflect it back onto the truth teller by calling them jealous. There is no reason for there to be jealousy or shame anymore as there will be no one in the program to be jealous of or any shame to be felt since the program has failed and is done with. The program was not viable nor productive so there is no more funding, it was a failure. Who's fault is the failure? I will leave that up to others to decide. Those that WORK the ramps know the truth.

09-07-2010, 12:18 PM
And LC Bryan will keep taking us backwards

09-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Next VACIS and Pensacola, they are running a chop shop to save their own jobs. There is no basis in fact for these moves taking us back to the 70's. Why aren't the people in Tallahassee asked or confronted about this? They need to get rid of the very top heavy salaries in headquarters who do nothing. The officer always gets it in the end.

09-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I am daily surprised by the ignorance of my fellow officers. While I agree there is some top heavy brass in Tally and White Springs, EVERYONE needs to educate themselves on the storm that is coming next budget cycle. 6.5+ billion dollar budget shortfall for the State. Plus I predict our share of health insurance and the such will go up quite a bit along with copays as the State will not have the funds to cover it. I would almost bet across the board pay cuts and even some layoffs. Possible agency shutdowns and combining agencies.

K9 is gone because the Federal funding is gone, VACIS will be gone when that Federal money disappears. Pensacola was only created to collect bills of lading, revenue. There is no basis for it as an enforcement station relating to agriculture issues as it can be driven around. It will be closed as it is not essential to the core mission of this department.

Let the Federal money we receive for regulation of tomatoes and citrus dry up and we will all be looking for jobs.

I am no fan of the high paid brass but by them saving their job they are saving ours. Without us there is no need for them.

09-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Thank you "acting" colonel Bryan. Soon, you and the rest of that pile will be gone. Opies got somthing for you folks and it will burn.

09-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Thank you "acting" colonel Bryan. Soon, you and the rest of that pile will be gone. Opies got somthing for you folks and it will burn.

Do not get your hopes to high. He may be glad to let things run as they have. Remember he has no back ground in law enforcement and comes from a political & agriculture background. I actually seeing things reverting further to the roadguard days under Putnam. He is going to need someone who knows what is going on to run OALE, so someone is going to have to stick around to at least show the ropes.

09-09-2010, 04:48 AM
Crazy......your Dept. will prolly be backed to non-sworn like in the 70's, if Rick Scott gets elected. Now lets get to work!

09-09-2010, 02:42 PM
He will be bringing a sheriff deputy in from Polk County. Besides, what does he need to know about law enforcement its cow counting and celery stick inspection.

09-25-2010, 03:33 AM
So how are the old K-9 folks adapting to full time ramp life?
No more take home car, no more mutt care time, No more kibbles and bits!

Do tell?

09-25-2010, 10:57 AM
A whole lot of whining going on.

09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Yes a lot of whining by the little people or wagon pullers as our fearless leaders refer to us. Vote out all republicans and vote democrat if you want things to change.

09-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Yes a lot of whining by the little people or wagon pullers as our fearless leaders refer to us. Vote out all republicans and vote democrat if you want things to change.

Yeah a change for the worse, look where it has gotten the country as a whole. We could be like California. Vote those Dems in and our State to will be on the road to bankruptcy also. Look what voting them into the Federal system has done, granted the problems started under Bush but they have grown worse under Obama and he the the House and Senate being in Dem control are the cause.

Voting them all out (Rep & Dem) and starting over is the only way to fix it.