PDA

View Full Version : question from up North

09-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Gentlemen, just went down to Key West for the weekend, and had a curiosity question or two for you. I saw your green and whites all over US1, but none of them had tint on their windows. Is there a policy against getting your vehicle's tinted? Must suck in the summer with the heat. And I saw Key West had their own PD only because I drove by one of their Malibu's parked on the side of the street, but I saw NO police presence by them at all, especially around the bars and down town area. Does Monroe County go in to Key West, or are they their own little area and do their own thing? Seems like it is a free for all on Duvall St and the things I saw were crazy, but never once saw a blue suite.

Just wondering, thanks
Palm Beach SO Brother

09-06-2010, 10:28 PM
S.O. Goes into KW but the city is incorporated so they have there own police.

Green and white...? You most likely saw Boarder Patrol.

Tint on the S.O. cars, hell no, "not public friendly". Only S.O. car tinted is the k9,......sucks.

09-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the 14, I saw Border Patrol also, they had SUV's though. Green and White is what we call our crown vic cruisers, just because of the green and white sticker / paint scheme on the cars. I was refering to your crown vic's as well. Couldn't imagine them not letting you get the windows tinted.

What's up with Key West allowing all kinds of Lewd and Lascivious acts right there on the street? FSS not apply to their PD?

09-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey PBSO....how bout this for an idea. Mind your own business. You don't like what you see when you go down there then don't go. KWPD and MCSO do a great job down there letting people let their hair down and enjoy themselves. It is very safe and there is rarely any trouble. What would you suggest?? Arrest and NTA everybody and make sure there is no economy whatsoever down there. The place is tourist driven moron so get a life. Vacation on Fort Lauderdale and Daytona Beach where they have driven everyone away by busting balls because you happen to drink a beer on the beach. Stay away from Key West if you're so offended douche!!!

09-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Wow, I guess there are jerks in every department up and down the coast. 2 guys giving each other oral sex out in the middle of public in front of a bar is not a normal every day tourist attraction. That is considered disgusting by the overwhelming vast majority of citizens, and can't possibly attract more tourists to the area than it pushes away. Plus, in case you haven't read the statutes lately, is also a crime. Your reply answered my question though, both your SO and KWPD turn a blind eye to these type of activities and fail to live up to the oaths they took. Thanks for the heads up, my family will spend money elsewhere from now on.

Stay safe, "brother".

09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Yeah I guess you would know a jerk when you see or hear one. I am not a part of either agency, however I have been visiting Key West for over twenty two years traveling there several times a year and for all the major events. I have never, I repeat never observed the behavior you speak of. And if you did why didn't you take action. Oh, I know you were off duty and out of your jurisdiction right?? How about at least making a phone call cause I guarantee that KWPD would not turn a blind eye to that kind of thing. I'm sure you witness every crime that happens in the zone you work in. Or maybe somebody calls to report it and you respond. Just like KWPD would have done if you called moron. You sir are an ass@#$%. Just ask the guy standing next to you. Again stop stirring up crap where you have no business being. Stay on your own post and stay out of Key West if you don't like it. You obviously have to much time on your hands. And before you retort with your eloquent volley of "you must have too much time on your hands", I'm retired and have nothing but time. See you at the Bull!!!!