PDA

View Full Version : WE ARE THE LAUGHING STOCK

09-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Mr. Bartelotta

Really? Are you serious? why did you even play the game and have all these people apply when you knew all along you were afraid to but heads with the PBA?

So how long until a new chief takes over? Bartolotta says he is not sure. He is going to review each and every one of the 144 candidates, so it could take a week to a month.

Can you say a day and a half!

How about we start the search for a real city manager! He could not control Abbott, so everyone knew Abbott had to go. Now he's in complete control!

09-06-2010, 01:06 AM
I just place my new puppet as your police chief. He will laugh and dance and do all my bidding, because he doesn't have the balls to stand up to me and the city council. He will kiss my shoes because it would take to much brain power to think for himself. He will keep you uniforms in line because I will tell him too. Enjoy your new boss. :devil:

09-07-2010, 01:58 AM
How is it that Susan Chapman gets interviewed about our new chief. Why does anyone give a rats ssa what her opinion is. Im so sick of wrinkled up chipmunk faced cop hating witch.

09-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Wow,
I can’t believe what I have read in this thread. No, I am not Susan Chapman, nor do I ascribe to her alleged vendetta against SPD. But, as someone from the outside looking in, so to speak, and from someone that has managed thousands of employees over the course of the last 35 years, You people are Whiners. I honestly hope that you do not represent the majority at SPD. Because all I’m seeing is a bunch of self serving., selfish whiners: ME ME ME; what’s in for ME? And all that negativity is fueled by your “Big Bad Bobo” rap: Big Bad Bobo is taking away my pension and overtime. Big Bad Bobo is making me be accountable, and actually earn my paycheck. O my, what a disgrace. WAAAAAAA...

Apparently, and unfortunately, these posters seem, ironically, to have a problem with “authority” figures, telling them what to do. That’s comical, coming from a Law Enforcement officer; albeit sad. I hate to have to be the one to enlighten you to this fact of life, but as long as anyone has a job, they are generally told to do things, that they might not otherwise want to do. Ask anybody that HAS a job, in any business sector, if that fact is not true. I mean really, these posters act as though they should be exempt from the economic down turn, just because they are Policemen? Get real; your sense of entitlement needs to end. The Gravy Train has been parked. Get off, get over it, and move on , or get out. If your job is so terrible, then quit, and go somewhere where you will be happier, and, perhaps, a Legend in your own Lunchtime. Be thankful that you are gainfully employed, as many are not, and are facing life without income. Be thankful for what you have, as opposed to Jonesing for what you don’t.

09-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Look "Charlie", you apparantly dont know what you are talking about so I will break it down for you.

SPD has been a wonderful agency, full of hard working, honest police officers doing a very difficult job for as long as there has been an "SPD".

Last July, a good cop made a bad move. It was caught on video, and exploited by the media. The incident, which was an isolated incident, became a race issue, because the other person in the video was a mexican.

Our wonderful city manager, who is a legendary cop hater, and for good reason, (look into his past if you dont know), calls for his own investigation by an agency of his choice. He picks out Hillsboro Sheriffs Office, and brings their detectives in for an investigation. Hillsboro SO, spends a long time looking at the facts, and their findings are not to the city mgrs likings, because they werent against SPD. So, Bobo throws out everything they had done, and takes it into his own hands.

So, how can the mgr hurt all cops. Turn it from an isolated incident by one officer int an all out witch hunt for all cops. Convince the city that SPD is full of dirty cops. Then, put together a board to judge the cops on their day to day activities. Find citizens who dont like cops, Chapman, and Tebrugge, both defense attorneys who have made a life fighting cops in court to get people, throw in minorities who believe their people have been victimized by the police, and then for good measure, add in a so called expert, who is not an expert in police work at all.

Now, let the board publicly interview some martyrs. People who have not been treated wrong by the police. But who believe they have. Let them tell their stories, none of the stories showed anything but good police officers doing their jobs. Stories that you will hear in any city in America. Then parade our spineless chief in front of this board, and let them bash the agency to the chief, who doesnt stand up for us, so the accusations must be real, right.

So, I ask you how are we supposed to feel? We dont have a problem with anyone looking at what we do. We have nothing to hide and run a tight ship. However we do have a problem with peoplke like Susan Chapman, that will never see anything positive in what we do, incorrectly judging us, and being looked at as an expert in what we do. We have a problem seeing her give her opinion on the police department, because she knows nothing about it.We have a problem with Susan Chapman saying our new chief need to know hes not one of the boys anymore, etc. She know nothing about police work, or anything we do. I wouldnt try to tell her and all attorneys how to do what they do, and I wouldnt promote myself as an expert. She needs to back off, and Bobo does to.

This is our board, our outlet and area to communicate, and if you dont like it, you should stayt off of it.

09-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Thank you Booo Hooo, for your honest, and even tempered reply; I feel as though we have some much needed common ground here. While I commend you on you editorial skills, I must tell you the same thing that I told your new Chief in a recent correspondence: I am, if you will, what I consider to be a well informed citizen. I read the Tribune cover to cover everyday. I watch SNN and ABC (local and National) every day. I also peruse the Sarasota County Sheriffs’s arrest reports daily, as well as LEO Affairs. So I know who the bad dogs are, so to speak. Furthermore, let me state that my opinion of the SPD is in no way a result of the Juan Perez? incident, or the unfortunate insertion of Susan Chapman into the local political realm. (See above). Without a doubt, that woman has no people skills. My opinion of SPD is based on what I see, and have seen, for the last 25 years, living in Sarasota proper. I used to live at the corner of Shade & Main. Never any issues there. Now, I operate a business on the south side of Newtown (and have for 6 years). I am still amazed at the blatant s— that goes on here. I realize that these drug dealers are pretty stealthy in their transactions. But what bothers me is when they set up on a corner, and do business unscathed by patrol cars. When we are fortunate enough to have your presence, their presence goes mostly ignored. It’s no mystery as to why they are there, or what they are doing, but yet patrol cars just drive by. Help me out with that, please. I will be the first to admit that enforcement has improved recently, specifically with the arrest of Marcus Abner, whom has been a constant fixture on S. Central Ave. for way too long. But, not unlike ****roaches, there are many available to take his place, and have. All I ask is that these street dealers enjoy your scrutiny, perhaps with the same enthusiasm that they would receive if they were standing in front of the Gator Club, or even on Shade Ave.
Lastly, please understand that I do respect what you fine Officers do in this community. You provide an invaluable service for which we, as citizens, are all thankful for. While I do not hold the same respect for your former leader, I recognize the fact that your world (Workplace), has been in turmoil from extraneous circumstances, certainly beyond your control. Keep the faith, and rest assured that these local politicians aren’t fooling anyone that really pays attention, except, perhaps, themselves. Hopefully, we can make their horrible tenure short, with our respective votes on election day. I thank you for your service, hoping that we can move forward in a positive fashion.

09-12-2010, 04:15 AM
If any portion of your understanding here, comes from the Herald Trib, or from SNN, then you are not seeing the truth or the reality. They put a spin on things that we do to sell newspapers. I have yet to see an unbiased, honest article pertaining to us.

The blatant drug dealing you speak of bothers us as officers as much or maybe more than it bothers you. It is very bothersome to us as officers knowing what is happening, right out in the open, and not be able to do something about it. It is also a lose, lose situation for us. If we attack the problem as we should, we are called "too hard" on the black man who is just standing on the corner. If we ignore the problem we arent doing enough and are allowing the dealing to take place. As informed as you are, I am sure you watched the civilian review panel meetings. There was meetings in the beginning where we were accused by members of being too hard on the people who were only hanging out. Then in a later meeting, they wanted to know why arent the cops doing anything about the open drug dealing in Newtown. It cant be both ways. But the problem is not the police, believe me. We would love to snatch up every person out there. But, we are handcuffed by the constitution. There is no law against loitering in the city. Unless we see a deal take place, we cant do much more than say Hi to the dealers and ask for consent. And they are smart enough to say no. And believe me, they dont deal when we are around. They have lookouts and know when we are within 5 blocks.

So, how can the police help rid newtown of the drug dealers? One way, we need the community to get sick of the problem andf help us. We need citizens, like you to call us and tell us about the drug dealers, and be williing to get involved. We need descriptions, locations, location they are hiding the drugs etc. Have you ever made that call? Probably not. Everyone wants to complain, but noboody wants to help. If you call in, and we can meet with you and get a statement we have a lot more options when we go after the guy you call about.

So, get involved, and help us. Get your neighbors, customers and friends involved, because that is the only way to start fixing this problem. This is such a large part of the culture in Newtown that it is accepted. This is where the problem starts.

09-15-2010, 01:33 AM
You’re Not as funny as you think. You guys had a chief get in trouble for paying off a victim of Police Brutality so he wouldn’t file a lawsuit against your department.

SSO has a former sheriff and his jail deal / Stolen Laptop issue (with erased files) and some guy crying about his wife having an affair.

MSO has some idiot(s) dragging on and on about a gay affair between a supervisor and subordinate.

BPD just had an officer arrested for Domestic Violence.

Overall, you guys don’t look so bad.

09-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Throwing other Departments under the Bus to say we are not too bad does the opposite.

This is how it is and it may get worse.

09-27-2010, 02:30 AM
You’re Not as funny as you think. You guys had a chief get in trouble for paying off a victim of Police Brutality so he wouldn’t file a lawsuit against your department.

SSO has a former sheriff and his jail deal / Stolen Laptop issue (with erased files) and some guy crying about his wife having an affair.

MSO has some idiot(s) dragging on and on about a gay affair between a supervisor and subordinate.

BPD just had an officer arrested for Domestic Violence.

Overall, you guys don’t look so bad.

How about you shut your face and stop throwing fellow law enforcement officers under the bus....if you can even compare the above mentioned agencies problems compared to your corrupt department your sadly mistaken...deal with whats going on in your department instead of others....you have way more problems then they do..pretty soon you will be the SSO not SPD so get use to it..This kind of talk you just mentioned is the reason why your department is a laughing stock in the law enforcement community....but i guess throwing mud against other agencies make you feel better about your corrupt department,,,i feel sorry for all the good police officers that work there that have to put up with this bull sh-t...

10-21-2010, 09:45 PM
god forbid we merged with SSO and their new sheriff. guy is an idiot,, and you dont have to take my word for it just ask any of their road guys. and, look who is running their agency for knight? steve burns! yea, the same burns from way back when who had so many problems he was considered lucky to be a cop.

i think we will be fine with chief. maybe barto picked him cause hes a puppet but hes always been pretty fair with the troops so we could have done uch worse. Just look at the SO, bet they wish they had balkwill back now!

10-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Actually, it's quite the opposite. I spoke to several deputies the other night and they were very happy with the Sheriff. They said there a few who whine, but overall they said the troops support him and what he has done with the agency.

10-26-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.yoursun.com/sunnews/northpor ... m.html.csp (http://www.yoursun.com/sunnews/northport/1649689-290/sunnewspapersitslewisatthehelm.html.csp)

No the city of North Port is.

11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Choose your broker. Obtain independent evaluation of the site. Referrals are always good. It is better to choose a broker will give you access to the largest number of companies. Otherwise, you can choose more than one brokerage business, but in this case, your costs will increase.

01-16-2012, 04:31 PM
http://www.yoursun.com/sunnews/northport/1649689-290/sunnewspapersitslewisatthehelm.html.csp

No the city of North Port is.

No FHP is.