PDA

View Full Version : Strange black box?

08-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Hello, I have been a long time resident of Seminole County and have just recently learned of this website. The main reason for me being on here is that a medium sized black box (or case) showed up in in my neighborhood, a neighbor told me they saw police officer putting it up. It appears to be chained and locked to a pole and to be frank the neighborhood is quite curious as to what it is. Does anyone have any idea what this black box is? Because if it's not something that the police put upthen I'd like to know so I can take the appropriate actions to get it inspected and investigated.

- Thank you.

08-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Call the non-emergency number, not a website. Neighbor sounds like he's bullshi**ing you pal....

08-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Funny thing (which I just found out today) is that it is emitting K-band radar...

08-24-2010, 01:46 AM
it is a traffic counter to monitor speeds and volume

08-24-2010, 02:44 AM
it is a traffic counter to monitor speeds and volume

Ah okay, makes sense. Guessing this is so the police can then setup (at the right time) and catch speeders?

08-30-2010, 03:28 AM
the box is to monitor whether the posted limit is appropriate. if 85% of traffic is doing 10+ over then the limit is unenforceable and needs to be raised.

01-02-2011, 09:31 AM
the box is to monitor whether the posted limit is appropriate. if 85% of traffic is doing 10+ over then the limit is unenforceable and needs to be raised.

Umm no if 85% of traffic is speeding, speed enforcement needs to take place in that area. And I can assure you that the posted limit is enforceable.