PDA

View Full Version : Alex Sink

08-14-2010, 04:42 AM
I am a registered Republican, but I have to say that I am seriously giving consideration to voting for Alex Sink. I have looked at Rick Scott's website and Bill Mccollum's. Both of them only say they want to bring accountability to state government. Rick Scott is proposing no more pay raises and wants us to pay into our own retirement.

The PBA is endorsing Sink and here is a clip from her website about pay for state employees:

Reforming the State Workforce

The face of Florida government is reflected by the efforts of its employees, whose contributions are intended to help people, businesses, communities, and overall quality of life. Compensating public employees fairly is essential, because without the ability to attract and retain well-trained and knowledgeable staff, Florida government cannot deliver the programs and services that citizens depend on. Florida already is not competitive in this area compared to other Florida industries and even other states. In fact, state government employees have not had a general pay raise in the past five years. In 2008, the average annual state employee salary of $38,839 was 4.5 percent below Florida's average wage for all industries. Compared to other states, Florida ranks last in the ratio of employees to residents: 118 per 10,000 compared to the national average of 216 employees per 10,000 residents. And Florida is dead last in the nation in state employee payroll expenditures per resident: $38 compared to the national average of $69 per resident. As Governor, Alex Sink will push to ensure that state employees are recognized for high performance by receiving fair and competitive compensation.

09-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Scott has openly stated he wants to reduce the state workforce, make us pay for our retirement and do away with FRS...you all are detectives make an educated decision when you vote...From what I can see Sink has not hurt you other than through the actions of London, she reportedly has proposed raises each year she has been the CFO and those have been shot down by the legislature.

09-02-2010, 12:11 PM
then someone explain, please, why do we have to put up with london day in and day out? He has lost his mind and temper these past weeks. He is out of control. She will just bring him with her to destroy all state employees, not those just at dfs. she needs to sink back home.

09-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Boo hoo hoo, someone tell Alex to cry a river. lies and distortion my foot. stick a fork, she is done. Maybe london can get her a job at interpol. Oh, forgot, that got messed up already. :oops:

09-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Just saw Muslim Obama on cnn from today’s pathetic speech to union works. Sink is all but sunk. The mighty messiah is a weight she cannot bear this November. She is toast, with the rest of the DDDDDDDDD crowd. I say get rid of her. Let her pay rent on the new courthouse since she approved it. What a total waste of air. I am voting for a new RRRRR boss and a new RRRRR governor.

09-10-2010, 01:27 PM
It took less time than I thought for our great and mighty Alex Sink to lie to us during the election. Her 527 is the example. She is disgusting. Her voice coach stinks as much as she does. He lied to Bud and she lies to us, and she will lie and cheat if governor. We can not afford her or her Obama ways. She hates cops and state employees, she is a FRAUD. There should be a statute against her. :x

09-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Wait until she takes our pension money and invests it (again) in green BS, and loses it (again) yet she will make us pay into it so she can give it to her special interest groupies. Sure the cops support her, she lets them run amuck. I know somone who is going to take her down at the right time. She will not be able to explain her way out of this one, I promise. Stay tuned for just the right moment. and she knows just what I mean, the -press will love it and hate her for it.

09-10-2010, 02:49 PM
it will make great reading. front page news. she will have to go back to tampa after that and sit on her porch and watch sunsets.

09-11-2010, 12:20 AM
do tell, do not make us wait. I want to see her fail so the state can survive.

09-12-2010, 08:45 PM
http://www.alexsinkingflorida.com/home/

and insurance companies want to know why we have a SINK HOLE problem in florida. Just look to tallahassee and look at SINK. How far will she sink with her lies and mistreatment of employees. turning a blind eye alex is just as hhorrible as doing the act yourself. I am ashamed of you. so so ashamed. I used to stand up for your decisioons, but no more koolaid for me. I can not wait to get a different boss, and a gov who is certainly not you. take jim, tami, tammy, bob, donna, kayra, dan, nancy, brian, illff, and the other empty policitcal suits with you. Are you spending any of your 8 million bailout, or are you using my tax dollars to run your doomed struggle to be the head cheese.

09-16-2010, 11:13 AM
so i hear that all of dfs are now totally in lard brick mental status. some are busy rearranging the deck chairs on the USS SINK, while others are jumping in the life boats (remember what I told you about the boats Rose, there are not enough). well i am not a lard brick, still doing my job surrounded by people who "what about this one or that one" "who is not going to take care of me" well i always took care of myself. I was here when alex brought all her blowhards in here, and I will be here when she is sipping oil off the gulf floor. her only prayer now is a big storm. hell, even hurricane alex never came to be. just like her, all hot air and no substance. she will kill this state, her and the OBAMA crowd. wait until those 27 sheriff's have to lay off deputies because of her out of control spending habits. where is her 8 million bailout. she hid from that like she crawled off the stage before she could be photographed with the O mighty one. She sure took his money though. Coward she is, no guts, surely no glam, (someone tell her to wear a different suit. I am tired of the blue with white pin stripe color. It is outdated) and a bend spine. Maybe a fresh hair cut, and a little botox would not hurt. i wish i could sleep until November, but hey, someone has to hold this place together and earn an honest dollar. forget charlie the tuna, how many days have i not seen her enter her capitol suite. tooooooooo mannnnnnny. she is only here for cabinet meetings then off again, spending our money to climb higher and do more damage. btw, someone tell me how to start a new blog on here. us capitol folks will fill it up.

09-16-2010, 02:43 PM
And Rick Scott is better? I'm Republican and that guy will not be getting my vote. Scott is a bottom-line fascist straight out of left field. He's made millions for himself in the private sector, but he did it by bankrupting hospitals and laying people off in the process.

Scott's platform:
1 - Wipe out FRS
2 - Reduce State Employment

Sink ain't perfect, but at least we know what to expect. Scott is too much of an unknown. The bulk of his ads (primary and current) have been attacks. His web site barely has any information. Compare it to hers, and you'll see the difference.

09-18-2010, 12:44 AM
no kidding. thats because she has 22 press people either hiding our dirt or making up stuff to get her elected. Obama does not have that many press people. Heck, even London has his personal little tight suit writing his fluff. and you and I have no0t had a raise. Miss hirst or whatever name she is married to now, makes what our captains make, and she cant write her own name. give me a break FRS needs retooling until the state can get back on its feet. and we have way too many empty suits in state gov. just look at us and dif. my god, out of control we are, someone call security. if she is elected, yuo wait. she talks out of both sides of her mouth. gone will be take home cars, gone will be jobs, and that raise, she knows that there will be no money, but she will get to say, well I tried.. knowing fair well that it will be impossible. she will limit our retirement to that of civilians, I'm telling you, she is a liar. Keep this post and reflect on it if and I do mean if she gets eleted. but she won't. polls do not matter, money does not matter, voters are what matters. more people are mad at democrates than happy. and prove to me that rick scott committed any fraud. if he did, old billy mcC would have put him in jail. you are a fool.

09-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Oh my gosh, did you see alex’s new ad. Like she was a mom of kids in public schools. Her husband and nanny raised those children in tampa while alex lived and worked in Miami in the bank making all her millions in bonuses while putting people out of work. She does not even like kids. Please, give me a break. The nanny is more truthful. Just google and see for yourself. Bill deserves all the credit where those kids are concerned. Sure they want to public school, so did i. but my mom raised me with my dad, not the nanny. Go ahead, ask her how many years they lived apart. Just see for yourself. How many PTA meetings did she attend. NONE, but the nanny and bill did. Thnk goodness for hired help, right alex.

09-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Sink is a liar - she was not a member of the PTA, never attended one meeting, never gave one dime. I know. My kid attended the same school at the same time as her two kids. There was not even a PTA at the school, at all. We started one (actually it was called the PTSA, not a PTA) and I was on the board the entire time in one capacity or another. You know where Sink and her lawyer hubby gave their time and money? To the school's athletic program, because both of her kids were athletes. It is a big football school and that was another way to "fame" for Sink and her husband. Nothing wrong with spending your time and money in that aspect, but she would stick her nose high in the air walking by our signup/donation tables, and she should not go and blatantly lie about something that can be verified so easily.

09-21-2010, 01:17 PM
You go MOM, everyone knows she is a fraud. Thank you for letting me know about this site. Seems like even her own employees know how two faced she is. Always has been and always will be. You can not trust her fake smile and empty promises. Bill is okay though. Too bad he did not run again. Im voting for Scott regardless of my party. Rick, go get to work. Alex, go home!

09-23-2010, 11:53 PM
they are both liars, only alex lies more and will cause more trouble. a vote for alex is a vote for obama.

09-26-2010, 11:33 PM
and you wonder why we have not had a raise, I say throw all the bums out. Sink lost our money and does not care. she has her 8 million. Scott is much better of a choice.

Trustees Crist, McCollum and Sink now meet four times a year solely to discuss the SBA and its operations in public. But that is inadequate for an agency that manages investments totaling nearly twice the state's annual budget. Crist and McCollum have summarily rejected Sink's prudent proposal to expand the SBA board of trustees to include individuals with financial backgrounds who would have more time than busy, statewide elected officials to run herd on the agency.

Besides Stipanovich, no one at SBA has been held to account. Lombardi and his two superiors forfeited annual bonuses but remain in their well-paying posts in Tallahassee. They should have been fired.

National embarrassment may succeed where old-fashioned accountability hasn't. Just this week, Congress' Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission sought documents aimed at understanding the forces at play when the SBA bought the tainted securities. That should force Crist, McCollum and Sink to provide a full public explanation of what happened inside the SBA in 2007 rather than place all of the blame on Wall Street. Such accounting is long overdue to the people of Florida.

And Rick Scott is better? I'm Republican and that guy will not be getting my vote. Scott is a bottom-line fascist straight out of left field. He's made millions for himself in the private sector, but he did it by bankrupting hospitals and laying people off in the process.

Scott's platform:
1 - Wipe out FRS
2 - Reduce State Employment

Sink ain't perfect, but at least we know what to expect. Scott is too much of an unknown. The bulk of his ads (primary and current) have been attacks. His web site barely has any information. Compare it to hers, and you'll see the difference.

09-26-2010, 11:56 PM
say good night Gracie (Alex)

Republican businessman Rick Scott has moved to a six-point edge over Democrat Alex Sink and has hit the 50% support mark for the first time in Florida’s gubernatorial race.

The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey of Likely Voters shows Scott with 50% of the vote, while Sink, the state's chief financial officer, earns 44% support when leaners are included.
:shock: :D :P

09-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Just another reason to vote republican this November. Alex Sink supported this bill and said in a taped interview it was better than nothing. Sure for her, she has her eight million from her Bank of America no bid back room deals. Like selling a home in Florida is not hard enough, Sink doesn’t care. Not about you or me or the citizens of this state. She only wants to get elected! I’ll take Scott anyday.

Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it?
That's $3,800 on a $100,000 home etc.

When did this happen? It's in the healthcare bill. Just thought you should know.
SALES TAX TO GO INTO EFFECT 2013 (Part of HC Bill)
REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

So, this is "change you can believe in"?

Under the new health care bill - did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax? The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 (presumably after obama's re-election). You can thank Nancy, Harry and Barack and your local Democrat Congressman for this one. If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Is this Hope & Change great or what? Does this stuff makes your November and 2012 votes more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either (result of clandestine midnight voting for huge bills they've never read). AND, there are a few other surprises lurking.
Why am I sending you this? The same reason I hope you forward this to every single person in your address book.
People have the right to know the truth because an election is coming in November!

09-28-2010, 11:30 PM
and how about this. Thank you alex sink for supporting this. I saw you do it on TV. you are a horrible cfo and a horrible american. you will pay for this at the polls. but you have your 8 million in bonus for firing people, single parents, and parents of disabled kids. you dont care about kids at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be Prepared for big tax hikes in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Semper Fi, - Sad but true!!

Just so there’s no surprises…

In just six months, on January 1, 2011, the largest tax hikes in the history of America will take effect.

They will hit families and small businesses in three great waves.

On January 1, 2011, here's what happens... (read it to the end, so you see all three waves)...

First Wave:

Expiration of 2001 and 2003 Tax Relief

In 2001 and 2003, the GOP Congress enacted several tax cuts for investors, small business owners, and families.

These will all expire on January 1, 2011.

Personal income tax rates will rise.

The top income tax rate will rise from 35 to 39.6 percent (this is also the rate at which two-thirds of small business profits are taxed).

The lowest rate will rise from 10 to 15 percent.

All the rates in between will also rise.

Itemized deductions and personal exemptions will again phase out, which has the same mathematical effect as highermarginal tax rates.

The full list of marginal rate hikes is below:

The 10% bracket rises to an expanded 15%

The 25% bracket rises to 28%

The 28% bracket rises to 31%

The 33% bracket rises to 36%

The 35% bracket rises to 39.6%

Higher taxes on marriage and family.

The "marriage penalty" (narrower tax brackets for married couples) will return from the first dollar of income.

The child tax credit will be cut in half from $1000 to $500 per child.

The standard deduction will no longer be doubled for married couples relative to the single level.

The dependent care and adoption tax credits will be cut.

The return of the Death Tax.

This year only, there is no death tax. (It's a quirk!) For those dying on or after January 1, 2011, there is a 55 percent
top death tax rate on estates over $1 million. A person leaving behind two homes, a business, a retirement account, could easily pass along a death tax bill to their loved ones. Think of the farmers who don't make much money, but their land, which they purchased years ago with after-tax dollars, is now worth a lot of money. Their children will have to sell the farm, which may be their livelihood, just to pay the estate tax if they don't have the cash sitting around to pay the tax. Think about your own family's assets. Maybe your family owns real estate, or a business that doesn't make much money, but the building and equipment are worth $1 million. Upon their death, you can inherit the $1 million business tax free, but if they own a home, stock, cash worth $500K on top of the $1 million business, then you will owe the government $275,000 cash! That's 55% of the value of the assets over $1 million! Do you have that kind of cash sitting around waiting to pay the estate tax?

Higher tax rates on savers and investors.

The capital gains tax will rise from 15 percent this year to 20 percent in 2011.

The dividends tax will rise from 15 percent this year to 39.6 percent in 2011.

These rates will rise another 3.8 percent in 2013.

Second Wave:

Obamacare

There are over twenty new or higher taxes in Obamacare. Several will first go into effect on January 1, 2011. They include:

The "Medicine Cabinet Tax"

Thanks to Obamacare, Americans will no longer be able to use health savings account (HSA), flexible spending account (FSA), or health reimbursement (HRA) pre-tax dollars to purchase non-prescription, over-the-counter medicines (except insulin).

The "Special Needs Kids Tax"

This provision of Obamacare imposes a cap on flexible spending accounts (FSAs) of $2500 (Currently, there is no federal government limit). There is one group of FSA owners for whom this new cap will be particularly cruel and onerous: parents of special needs children.

There are thousands of families with special needs children in the United States, and many of them use FSAs to pay for special needs education.

Tuition rates at one leading school that teaches special needs children in Washington , D.C. ( National Child Research Center ) can easily exceed $14,000 per year.

Under tax rules, FSA dollars can not be used to pay for this type of special needs education.

The HSA (Health Savings Account) Withdrawal Tax Hike.

This provision of Obamacare increases the additional tax on non-medical early withdrawals from an HSA from 10 to 20 percent, disadvantaging them relative to IRAsand other tax-advantaged accounts, which remain at 10 percent.

Third Wave:

The Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) and Employer Tax Hikes

When Americans prepare to file their tax returns in January of 2011, they'll be in for a nasty surprise-the AMT won't be held harmless, and many tax relief provisions will have expired.

The major items include:

The AMT will ensnare over 28 million families, up from 4 million last year.

According to the left-leaning Tax Policy Center, Congress' failure to index the AMT will lead to an explosion of AMT taxpaying families-rising from 4 million last year to 28.5 million. These families will have to calculate their tax burdens twice, and pay taxes at the higher level. The AMT was created in 1969 to ensnare a handful of taxpayers.

Small business expensing will be slashed and 50% expensing will disappear.

Small businesses can normally expense (rather than slowly-deduct, or "depreciate") equipment purchases up to $250,000.

This will be cut all the way down to $25,000. Larger businesses can currently expense half of their purchases of equipment.

In January of 2011, all of it will have to be "depreciated."

Taxes will be raised on all types of businesses.

There are literally scores of tax hikes on business that will take place. The biggest is the loss of the "research and experimentation tax credit," but there are many, many others. Combining high marginal tax rates with the loss of this tax relief will cost jobs.

Tax Benefits for Education and Teaching Reduced.

The deduction for tuition and fees will not be available.

Tax credits for education will be limited.

Teachers will no longer be able to deduct classroom expenses.

Coverdell Education Savings Accounts will be cut.

Employer-provided educational assistance is curtailed.

The student loan interest deduction will be disallowed for hundreds of thousands of families.

Charitable Contributions from IRAs no longer allowed.

Under current law, a retired person with an IRA can contribute up to $100,000 per year directly to a charity from their IRA.

This contribution also counts toward an annual "required minimum distribution." This ability will no longer be there.

PDF Version Read more: <http://www.atr.org/six-months-untilbr-largest-tax-hikes-a5171>; http://www.atr.org/six-months-untilbr-l ... z0sY8waPq1 (http://www.atr.org/six-months-untilbr-largest-tax-hikes-a5171#%23ixzz0sY8waPq1)

And worse yet?

Now, your insurance will be INCOME on your W2's!

One of the surprises we'll find come next year, is what follows - - a little "surprise" that 99% of us had no idea was included in the "new and improved" healthcare legislation . . . the dupes, er, dopes, who backed this administration will be astonished!

Starting in 2011, (next year folks), your W-2 tax form sent by your employer will be increased to show the value of whatever health insurance you are given by the company. It does not matter if that's a private concern or governmental body of some sort.

If you're retired? So what... your gross will go up by the amount of insurance you get.

You will be required to pay taxes on a large sum of money that you have never seen. Take your tax form you just finished and see what $15,000 or $20,000 additional gross does to your tax debt. That's what you'll pay next year.

For many, it also puts you into a new higher bracket so it's even worse.

This is how the government is going to buy insurance for the15% that don't have insurance and it's only part of the tax increases.

Not believing this??? Here is a research of the summaries.....

On page 25 of 29: TITLE IX REVENUE PROVISIONS- SUBTITLE A: REVENUE OFFSET PROVISIONS-(sec. 9001,
as modified by sec. 10901) Sec.9002 "requires employers to include in the W-2 form of each employee the aggregate cost of applicable employer sponsored group health coverage that is excludable from the employees gross income."

- Joan Pryde is the senior tax editor for the Kiplinger letters.
- Go to Kiplingers and read about 13 tax changes that could affect you. Number 3 is what is above.

10-01-2010, 06:22 PM
came home for lunch and checked the web...... oh oh alex, 2 polls in one day have you BEHIND.. Too bad for you. I think you are going to lose. maybe not by much, but a loss is a loss no matter how you cut it. you should have stayed as cfo. you and charlie might have been re elected if you had stayed. but no, always looking for more power. how is that working for ya? obama in a dress i read somewhere.

10-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Ms. Sink, now that you got rid of Kim Brian London, and let there be no mistake, we all know you got rid of him. That being said, when are you going to wake up and get rid of the personal grant writer who cannot write grants, or the personal PIO who cannot write a press release. We all know that both divisions gave up valuable positions so Mr. London could build his little Interpol empire. Tell me how it is that we have career long professional analysts here who make much much less (thousands) then these two personal losers. Everyone knows that Krall’s unit had to rewrite each and every article or press release that the personal PIO did because she cannot get facts straight or even spell for that matter. Not to mention the annual report. Hirst is the worst. These analysts work very hard day in and day out for peanuts and Mr. London only made them afraid for their jobs. You should be ashamed of yourself for putting him in charge. You are the boss and you are responsible. Nice try on the law suit you so conveniently forgot about. Pales in comparison my butt. You are a liar and a true insider Politian who will lose this November. I cannot wait for Atwater and Fountain to come back and clean up the horrible mess you made of things. I hope they keep Tammy Teston. That is a woman with class and grace, unlike you. Go Home Ms. Sink, please just go home.

10-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz6VOWPn ... r_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz6VOWPnFDM&feature=player_embedded)

10-10-2010, 01:31 AM
So let me get this right. Alex sink is upset because someone is telling lies on her, and people believe them, and as a result, she may lose a job. These lies are excerpts or misleading statements that people are taking as truths. Some are partially true, but Scott has everyone believing she is unfit for her job. Wow Alex, tell us how that feels. Frustrating, infuriating, unbelievable? You just cannot understand how people can be so dumb. Well, look in the mirror little lady, this is just what you do. You listen to what people want to tell you about very fine employees and yet, you believe the misstatements, issues taken out of context, and you FIRE them. How does it feel with the shoe on the other foot? Do you like it? I would think not. Enjoy the ride down. It will be bumpy, but your family will be there for you when you crash. Of course, none of it will be your fault, not your karma, not any payback from a greater being. It will eat at you every day and every night of the rest of your life. You will never feel the closure you need to get over it, because, well, it just is not fair.

10-13-2010, 02:20 PM
“It’s time for Alex Sink to come clean and tell Florida voters just how many convicted felons she authorized to work in the insurance industry,” said Scott spokesman Brian Burgess. “Lying to reporters is just further evidence that Alex Sink is trying to cover up this scandal. She needs to release all records relating to the convicted felons so that Floridians know the extent to which she has put their sensitive personal and financial information at risk.”

On at least six occasions, Alex Sink’s office issued written letters of consent to individuals arrested for and/or convicted of felonies, including theft, check fraud, forgery, and assault on a law enforcement officer.

The Scott campaign has called on Sink’s office to release all of the documents and written correspondence between convicted felons and Sink’s staff, explain why her office issued the consent letters to individuals convicted of serious crimes, and demanded that Alex Sink tell the public how many convicted felons she has issued written consent letters enabling them to engage in the insurance business in Florida.

10-14-2010, 11:31 AM
this time you have gone too far alex. using us cops to win an election shamful. i would also use the 5th in a civil case like scott did. too bad we can not use it in a witch hunt that bob cliff operates. you will not have my vote or the vote of my family.

10-15-2010, 12:00 PM
This Blog Linked From Here Favorite Blogs/Websites
This Blog
Linked From Here
.Favorite Blogs/Websites
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Alex Sink Continues to Lie to Florida Voters about Rick Scott with her new ad, "Fraud Files"
These are legitimate questions that are being asked in the email below. Is any reporter going to ask for details on any part of the ad and where the information came from Sink is using?

First question that needs answered is whether Sink is being fed by AG Bill McCollum with some of this which was proved untruthful during the primary and now the same thing is happening this time with Sink. The Sink ad immediately made me think of McCollum. Why would a conservative like McCollum even consider endorsing Sink or voting for her when she is so liberal?

Does it have to do with Sink, McCollum, and Crist and their leadership of the SBA where they made the bad investments with State dollars. On top of that they used a a middleman paid $1M to get them in the door of the pension funds which was unnecessary? How much did those three really cost the State of Florida? Just what is buried in all of that SBA paperwork they refuse to make public? Is that why McCollum wants Sink to win? Nothing else makes any sense.

Where is the media? Sink attacks Scott with lies and the media is sounding like crickets. We will be watching the Florida Sunday papers to see if something breaks on this.

Why Is Alex Sink's "Faux Files" Receiving a Pass?

My name is Robin Stublen. I am the founder of the Punta Gorda Tea Party. I have been involved in the Tea Party on a state and national level. I have a few concerns that I have expressed below. I respectfully ask that you address these concerns. Thank you.

There have been two ads by candidate Alex Sink and her campaign that have me greatly concerned. The latest is the so called "Fraud Files" which for lack of a better word, lies to the citizens of Florida. The major lie, although there are many, occurs around the 38 second mark and ends around the 44 second mark. It is supported by a State Prosecutor and the Martin County Sheriff.

My question is why has the media ignored this particular lie? Below are a few items to refresh your memory.

Item #1 Columbia/HCA

Do you know what they do not tell you? They do not tell you that there were over 14,000 documents seized, 18 months of a confidential informant wearing a wire and thousands of hours of forensic accountants going over everything and not one single time did Rick Scott's name come up. He was never questioned and to this day he has never been questioned. Yet Alex Sink treats as fact he was questioned 75 times!

What they fail to tell you is that John Hopkins, The Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, Harvard, Yale and others were all fined millions! That the University of Penn was fined $30 million and the largest fine was paid by the University of Wisconsin Medical School of $35 million and there were many more hospitals. Yet the reason they go after Rick is because it has everything to do with politics and nothing to do with Medicare.

These investigations on all these hospitals began right after Hillary Care was defeated. Rick had been an outspoken opponent of HillaryCare in 1994, just like he fought ObamaCare in 2009. It became so bad that Bill McCollum stood on the House floor and stated it was a witch hunt and introduced a bill to stop the all the overzealous investigations.

As for the so-called criminal case against Columbia/HCA, Janet Reno went after four mid-level executives the 11th circuit court of appeals said with 1700 different rules and regulations and tens of thousands of pages and the interpretations of them no one could be expected to get understand Medicare regulations. The criminal cases were all thrown out on appeal. The Federal Government eventually just dropped the case. Once again, at no time did Rick Scott's name come up.

Item #2 75 times

This would be a joke if it were not so serious. Three years after Rick left, a company sued Columbia/HCA for what appears to be a contract violation and Columbia/HCA did a counter suit. Rick was not even working for the company at this time, so he had nothing to do with him personally. The whole case was a fishing expedition designed to try to win money in a legal settlement.

The Democrat attorney asked Rick his complete name which he answered. He then asked him if he was employed. At that time Rick Scott's attorney interrupted and stated that his client would not answer any further questions due to other lawsuits against Columbia/HCA. Since Rick Scott no longer worked there he could not possibly give them up to date information. Therefore, on the advice of his attorney, he answered none of them. The Democrat attorney even tried to "trick" Rick Scott at one point by asking him if he said, "respectfully". Rick Scott had to answer that question the same as all of the others by using the 5th. You cannot pick and chose, you have to answer them all the same.

Item #3 Solantic

In my opinion; this is a case of follow the money. Rick Scott is not an officer of Solantic, LLC he is an investor and sits on the board. This was a civil suit and was settled and sealed. No doubt with the investor, Rick Scott paying out of his own pocket. The settlement and depositions were sealed like they are in almost every civil case that results in a settlement. It had nothing to do with Rick Scott.

10-19-2010, 10:22 AM
who was that masked felon who sold me insurnce. one of alex's crooks...

10-21-2010, 12:42 PM
will someone please do something about alex's hairdo. she looks like a frump grandmother instead of a razor sharpe woman ready to tackle the states biggest issues. a little color in the face, maybe a brighter lipstick. it is not fair, but men only need to show up, the women need to show off. she does not play mad or mean very well. Nancy p she is not, even if her true soul is.

10-21-2010, 10:58 PM
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – Alex Sink didn’t rule out proposing a state income tax as a way to pay for the $12.5 billion in new spending she includes in her economic plan.

During Monday night’s statewide CBS debate, Rick Scott questioned Alex Sink on how she will pay for the $12.5 billion dollars in spending she proposes in her economic plan. Scott asked “What tax does she have to raise? She’s already backed taxes in payroll and sales and cable and water. Is she going to have to propose an income tax?”

Unable to provide a clear answer, Alex Sink first claimed that she would not support any tax increases then immediately said she would consider an internet sales tax down the road. “But, down the road, as I work with the legislature on many of these issues of fairness, we do have to address the fairness issue because our local retailers are very disadvantaged on the sales tax issues…”

Rick Scott spokesman Trey Stapleton said “This is another prime example of Alex Sinks failure to provide Floridians with a clear plan that will turn the state around. If you believe Sink’s Obama math, you can increase spending without providing a way to pay for it. You don’t have to be a 4.0 math major to know that the only way you can pay for these proposals without cutting spending is through increased taxation or federal stimulus money. Both fit into Sink’s liberal ideology.”

10-23-2010, 08:24 PM
I am a registered Republician. The worst thing we can do for Law Enforcement is back Scott! he is a thief and stole 1.7 billion from his medicare insurance fraud scam. At least Sink backs LEOS . She just needs to surround herself with those who will move LEOS in the right direction not fluff like she had. Scott will have all State Pension LEOS paying into the pension. We are the lowest paid in the State and he wants more. He is DANGEROUS for all LEOS in Florida.

I hope we all back SINK !

10-25-2010, 03:18 AM
please, she hates cops like she hates unwanted black babies. loves abortion, even the black churches in Miami hate her.