PDA

View Full Version : Racist comment

08-08-2010, 09:00 PM
A young lady approached me while I was working and asked about the OPD and jobs. She then said that she just graduated from our academy, and that while in the academy Deputy Chief Smith referred to her as "little white girl" and through out the academy made similar comments. She then asked if he was "racist". Not being there I don't know how the context of the statement was used, but is this really the image we want from our citizens towards our department, who are looking for a career in law enforcement? It appears that the standard is high at OPD just not higher than the first floor. Statements like that shouldn't be said either way, I am very disappointed that a question like that would even be asked of me.

For what its worth I had no comment on ANY of it!

08-15-2010, 07:20 PM
A young lady approached me while I was working and asked about the OPD and jobs. She then said that she just graduated from our academy, and that while in the academy Deputy Chief Smith referred to her as "little white girl" and through out the academy made similar comments. She then asked if he was "racist". Not being there I don't know how the context of the statement was used, but is this really the image we want from our citizens towards our department, who are looking for a career in law enforcement? It appears that the standard is high at OPD just not higher than the first floor. Statements like that shouldn't be said either way, I am very disappointed that a question like that would even be asked of me.

WTF are you talking about. This ain't the OPD forum and they don't even have a "Deputy Cheif Smith". Stop trolling you human P.O.S.

08-15-2010, 07:21 PM

WTF are you talking about. This ain't the OPD forum and they don't even have a "Deputy Cheif Smith". Stop trolling you human P.O.S.

Oops...meant Deputy CHIEF Smith..thats one me :snicker:

10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
yes they are, i find that most of the ocala police department are racist, sadly. and a few police officers who read this may be extremely objectionable to the idea, but that is most certainly the case, and that's not just me, that is what the general public says as well.

10-15-2011, 08:22 PM
You hit the nail on the head. Look at the organization, the deputy chief, idiot, gets you in his cross hairs and won't quit until you are gone. The FOP, balless individuals, won't even help the officers being discriminated against. It is sad what has happen to this agency, Lee McGehee would roll over in his grave knowing what has happen to this organization.

10-21-2011, 05:58 PM
That is a very generalized thing to say about all of the officer at the Ocala Police Department! I have known and continue to know many, many officers at that department and MOST just want to do their job and could NOT CARE LESS what color an individual is! It is a sad thing to read that someone who really knows nothing at all about it is going to comment on a department or someone they only think they know. If you walked one day in the shoes of an officer at that department you would know that just doing the job is hard enough without having someone voice an uninformed and ignorant statement.

Been there and done that! If you haven't, you have no clue!