PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto PD in the news / St. Pete Times

08-01-2010, 02:52 AM
your agency made news in the St. Petersburg Times, feel sorry for the rest of you guys

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/article1112145.ece

08-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Mudrakers trying to find anything they can.

So he is the son of a former Sheriff. Big Deal.

08-01-2010, 06:09 PM

You will see what a big deal that is soon enough! :snicker:

08-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Is Officer Matthews the same one that arrested 2 kids cause she blew a kiss at him. I think he got into some trouble or they sued it was a big deal a year or so? I think he worked at the beach then.

08-03-2010, 09:33 PM

The mudraker is lil Jeffey Delfuco disgraced former federal prosecutor turned nutjob. He's obsessed with the former Sheriff and will soon make your site the sheer hell he has made the Manatee S.O. site for the past 5 years because he has nothing better to do. Good luck with that.

08-08-2010, 11:43 AM

The UNQUALIFIED, Wound never be more then a patrolman somewhere had it not been for daddy" son of a former sheriff!

What a crock! Worse part is is that he really thinks hes qualified!

08-08-2010, 12:43 PM
He worked his way up to SGT. with FHP where he served for 26 years.

He had worked for MSO before his father was elected Sheriff, but left to avoid the appearance of favoritism.

Get over it. His father has retired.

Give him a chance to swim or sink on his own. You might be surprised.

08-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Give him a chance? you all know had it not been for daddy he would have not been a finalist for ANY chiefs job, not less Palmetto. Wow, I guess a Sgt. with FHP qualifies him to be a chief of police? No less without a formal education! If he were going for supervisor of a traffic unit I might say OK, but chief opf police? He will never gain the respect of our PD and behind his back will be laughter and jokes about "Daddy's boy"

08-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Is Officer Matthews the same one that arrested 2 kids cause she blew a kiss at him. I think he got into some trouble or they sued it was a big deal a year or so? I think he worked at the beach then.

What does this question have to do with the story talking about the new chief? OFC. Matthews is a very good officer and A person that I would trust with my life. As far as Chief Wells goes, its about time that Palmetto appointed a chief with some "balls". Everything that I have heard about Chief Wells has been positive. He is very well liked at his new dept. I have talked with Chief Wells on a one on one basis. He has always been very professional and polite with me. But he also wont put up with any crap. He is the type of chief that will stand behind the lawful decisions that his officers make.

It is true that Chief Ricky Wells father was the Sheriff of Manatee County. I am sure that Chief Wells will ask of his fathers imput on certain issues. Former Sheriff Wells had to have done something right in his 20+ years as Sheriff. Remember the position of Sheriff is an elected position. There are a lot of people in Manatee County. If former Sheriff Wells wasnt a good sheriff, he wouldnt have been RE-ELECTED 5 times.

08-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Does Ricky still refer to Palmetto as "Palm Ghetto"?

08-21-2010, 03:50 AM
Hell I have lived here all of my life and refer to it as Palm Ghetto. BFD!!!

08-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Hell I have lived here all of my life and refer to it as Palm Ghetto. BFD!!!

Where is "here"? East Manatee?

08-26-2010, 12:10 AM
I guess you can't read the poster's name which was "Palmetto Raised", not East Manatee.......Moron.

08-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Thank you DUH.

08-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Thank you DUH.

Do we assume you're not a liar too?