PDA

View Full Version : Police Chief IUnvestigated Over Ticket Fixing Complaint

07-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Police Chief Under Investigation For Ticket Fixing

Read the full story at:

http://www.sfltimes.com/index.php?optio ... 6&Itemid=1 (http://www.sfltimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4866&Itemid=1)

07-30-2010, 01:09 PM
http://www.sfltimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4866&Itemid=1

07-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Police chief accused of fixing ex-commissioner’s traffic ticket
Written by ELGIN JONES

Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard E. Perez, already under investigation for alleged perjury , now faces a new allegation that he submitted a false affidavit to the courts in order to dismiss a traffic ticket issued to a former city commissioner.

As a result of Perez’s affidavit, the judge issued an order dismissing the case against former City Commissioner Diane Cline, for stopping in traffic on the tracks at a railroad crossing.

Other motorists who allegedly committed the same offense on the same day were not so lucky: No other tickets issued that day at that place were dismissed.

“Officer issued citation when the Dept. wanted educational warnings,” Perez wrote in an April 29 affidavit submitted to Broward County Court. “Additionally: Def. is elderly and terminally ill.”

The traffic ticket in question was issued by Officer David Akers on April 20.

An anonymous complaint filed with the Broward State Attorney’s Office alleges that, contrary to the assertions Perez made in his affidavit, Akers was, in fact, never instructed to issue warnings instead of actual citations for motor-vehicle violations.

In fact, during National Railroad Safety Awareness Week, which runs from April 18-24, officers are encouraged to be even more vigilant about railroad-crossing violations than at other times of the year.

“I don’t care to discuss it,” Akers said when contacted. “No comment.”

Efforts to reach Cline were unsuccessful.

Other motorists were issued tickets at that same railroad crossing, on the same day and for the same moving violation attributed to Akers, but Perez allegedly only sought to have Cline’s dismissed.

At least one of the other defendants was not pleased with the apparent discrepancy.

“If it’s true, I am furious because that ticket could cost me 260 bucks, and I go to court next month. Why should I have to pay when someone else doesn’t?” said Bruce Anderson of Plantation, who was cited at the crossing that day.

“The chief shouldn’t be fixing tickets. That’s the whole point, to make people learn from their mistakes. If nothing else, he should be reprimanded, but I don’t know what the law is on that,” he said.

Perez is already the subject of an ongoing perjury investigation conducted by the Broward State’s Attorneys Office, as well as an internal city review over his alleged failure to use leave time when he took time off from work.

Perez did not respond to calls or several emails seeking comment. His attorney, Robert D. Klausner, could not be reached for comment.

The allegations are detailed in a complaint filed anonymously with prosecutors in the State Attorney’s Office.

“I am told a complaint has been presented to us,” Ron Ishoy, a spokesman for the State Attorney’s Office, said in an email. He would not elaborate further.

According to sources, prosecutors notified Perez of their latest investigation into his conduct last week, as they were issuing several subpoenas related to the latest allegations.

This investigation stems back to National Railroad Safety Awareness Week. The annual, national campaign is intended to bring heightened railroad safety practices to the attention of motorists and pedestrians. Typically, law enforcement agencies carry out increased patrols near railroad crossings.
Citations are issued for violations such as breaching the crossings and stopping on the tracks.

Akers was the city’s traffic officer, and issued 12 tickets during the campaign. Ten of those, including the one given to Cline, were for violations related to stopping on the railroad tracks and other crossing-related violations.

At the time, Perez reportedly criticized Akers for giving Cline a citation. Additionally, Akers was reassigned out of traffic operations and placed on road-patrol duty as a result.

City Manager Joseph Gallegos did not respond to questions about Akers’ status, and the Police Benevolent Association (PBA) union, which represents Akers, declined comment.

Another motorist who received a citation just minutes before Cline, on the same day, was Stephen Bromfield of Fort Lauderdale. His wife, at least, was not overly concerned about the allegations.

“Everybody just does favors for everybody. I don’t sweat the small stuff, so I’m not that concerned about it,” Donna Bromfield said. “It would be nice if it was us, but I’m not going to rat the guy [Perez] out over it. We gave it [the traffic ticket] to our attorney and it’s pending, so I don’t know how much the final cost will be.”

Bromfield’s case is set for trial Aug. 18.

Cline, 77, served as a city commissioner from 1982 to 1986, and as an interim commissioner for several months in 2008. She has served on countless city advisory boards, including the city’s Historical Society, where she is the current president.

The other State Attorney’s Office investigation into Perez’s conduct centers on allegations of perjury related to his testimony in a 2007 civil trial brought by his friend, Philip “Phil” Cameron against Cameron’s former employer, the Fraternal Order of Police union. Cameron went on to win a $333,688.64 judgment from the union and two of its officials.

Gallegos, the city manager, has also ordered an investigation into allegations that Perez failed to use leave time when taking days off from work. The move came after allegations surfaced earlier this year that Perez and members of his command staff never used leave time when they took vacations, and instead received normal pay. Perez remains on regular duty in Wilton Manors.

Perez, 58, was hired to head the 46-member department in 2006, becoming the first Hispanic chief in the city’s history. He is a former, 22-year veteran of the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

Gov. Charlie Crist appointed Perez in 2006 to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission (CJSTC), which provides training and certification to law-enforcement agencies across the state.

“There is not a CJSTC policy that calls for a commission member to be placed on leave from his or her commission duties while being investigated,” said Kristen Chernosky, the FDLE’s communication director, in an email to the South Florida Times. “Chief Perez is still an active commission member at this time.”

EJones@SFLTimes.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

08-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Integrity - (noun) adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

08-03-2010, 09:29 PM
This is the guy who teaches ETHICS to the new recruits at the police academy. Does he put in a time off request for that or just get paid by both the academy and Wilton Manors...

08-04-2010, 01:55 AM
What do you call the guy who dips his tortilla chip into the salsa, takes a bite and then takes another dip into the salsa???????? :oops:

Give up???????? :shock:

A DOUBLE DIPPER!!!!
:lol: :lol: :devil: :devil: :devil: :lol: :lol:

:evil:

08-04-2010, 11:03 PM
First there was the story at this link ... viewtopic.php?f=310&t=100888 (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=310&t=100888) and now we have this one.

08-07-2010, 03:02 AM
The Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commision apparently does not have a policy that calls for a commission member to be placed on leave from his or her commission duties while being investigated. I think that maybe they should. CJSTC should be just like agencies that suspend their officers when they are under investigation, and following the rules that CJSTC mandates.

08-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Give ua all a break on the ticket thing. That is such BS you all look silly making an issue out of it. Grow up. You're humiliating your entire agency with your juvenile antics then he did by getting rid of some terminally ill old lady who stopped past the white line. The officer that wrote the cotation should have been reprimanded. Past the white line??? Give me a break, its not like she drove under the gate.

08-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Well I in fact did have a chance to talk with her at the Comm meeting before all this happened to came out. I am sure not many would have been proud to bang her out one.
The story I hear is the chief contacted several staff memebers and the court in fact to request the citation be removed for a lady that is going to die from cancer. Man what a bad thing, is it any difrrent than you giving a cop, a friend or anyone a break. Whats different here is he went into a process to documnet what was done. Were you aware of that would you not do the same?
Lets see what the facts really are. I am sure Perez should be hung for doing such a dirty thing. What a jerk you are, is that the best you have on him ?

Give ua all a break on the ticket thing. That is such BS you all look silly making an issue out of it. Grow up. You're humiliating your entire agency with your juvenile antics then he did by getting rid of some terminally ill old lady who stopped past the white line. The officer that wrote the cotation should have been reprimanded. Past the white line??? Give me a break, its not like she drove under the gate.

08-10-2010, 02:58 AM

:idea: If you think that stopping on the RR tracks is nothing serious, talk to some train engineers about how they feel when they can not stop the train before it hits the vehicle stopped there. Ask them about how they feel after someone dies because they got hit by a train.
:idea: Do some research on the subject of train crashes at RR crossings. Check out the damage in the pictures of the crash when the Amtrak train hit the Hess gasoline truck at the Cypress Creek Road railroad crossing.

08-10-2010, 03:25 AM
[quote="knock it off already":32c3gzy4]Give ua all a break on the ticket thing. That is such BS you all look silly making an issue out of it. Grow up. You're humiliating your entire agency with your juvenile antics then he did by getting rid of some terminally ill old lady who stopped past the white line. The officer that wrote the cotation should have been reprimanded. Past the white line??? Give me a break, its not like she drove under the gate.

:idea: If you think that stopping on the RR tracks is nothing serious, talk to some train engineers about how they feel when they can not stop the train before it hits the vehicle stopped there. Ask them about how they feel after someone dies because they got hit by a train.
:idea: Do some research on the subject of train crashes at RR crossings. Check out the damage in the pictures of the crash when the Amtrak train hit the Hess gasoline truck at the Cypress Creek Road railroad crossing.[/quote:32c3gzy4]

Past the white line...not on the tracks. You Sir, are an A** HOLE. Fact is SHE was only written because the officer knew who SHE was. Thats what I heard.

08-11-2010, 12:26 AM
I also think it is serious to stop and the tracks so again would you wirte her? Maybe you would and in this case he did. That is a fact. I dont like that you quote a lot of officers here from WMPD and FLPD and I think you are full of it.

1st Lie
I also spoke with teh officers that wrote the citation and yes he knew who she was but that is not why her wote her. He writes everyone and so is his right to do so if he wishes. That is a fact that anyone can confirm with him any day and I ask that all do so with him. I also think that there are cases where such a citaion where no injury was invovled can be dimissed by the court without a hearing. Please see the courts administrative code and the rights of the chief Judge. Since you quotes facts, please take some time and look at what the court is permitted to do if such a request is made. So facts make me us an A hole ? OK so that fact you posted about the officer was a lie ! I have detailed the facts on the officer and the citation process which can be verified by anyone.

2nd lie
You stated that the FLPD Pen board hates RP or one person hates him. Yet another lie since they are not aware of any of this BS when shown your post. The LT and DET from FLPD on that board wanted to know who hates him. I might add that the LT on the board work with RP for many years under his command and has a long friendship with him. This was a another lie.

I was not really interested in this whole thing but when you started to quote officers and stating facts about them I said well let me check and so far not one statement is true.

So lets see where we are now? The citation was issued, A requested was made legaly to the court to dismiss or remove it with notification to staff. Now they are going to investgate it. Lets see what they think based on facts and the truth and not some poster that states lies to date. Tell me where in my post I placed anything but the truth.

08-11-2010, 10:19 PM
"The wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are bold as a loin" Proverbs 28:1

08-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Great, thaks for you help.

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are bold as a loin" Proverbs 28:1

08-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Wow God had judged him as well. How liitle you know Jesus and his love. You quote the bible on this stuff what a shame. You have no respect for anything. You need to find Jesues and ask him to forgive you for your hate and Lies. Please stop and don't do that Please !!!! I understand you hate a man but take it only so far.

08-17-2010, 12:12 AM
I do not know if God has judged him yet, but I know that he will be judged appropriately come judgement day. I do not hate the man. I do dislike the way he treats people. Hate only eats away at your sole. He needs to get rid of his hatred before he loses his sole. What was meant by this is that the righteous will stand bold as a lion for what is true, honest, and correct as others will run away and try to save their own butts from what may be coming as a result of their actions.

Wow God had judged him as well. How liitle you know Jesus and his love. You quote the bible on this stuff what a shame. You have no respect for anything. You need to find Jesues and ask him to forgive you for your hate and Lies. Please stop and don't do that Please !!!! I understand you hate a man but take it only so far.

08-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Plase go to AA ASAP and also place an ad for a girfriend. You are in need of both.

I do not know if God has judged him yet, but I know that he will be judged appropriately come judgement day. I do not hate the man. I do dislike the way he treats people. Hate only eats away at your sole. He needs to get rid of his hatred before he loses his sole. What was meant by this is that the righteous will stand bold as a lion for what is true, honest, and correct as others will run away and try to save their own butts from what may be coming as a result of their actions.

[quote="Career Cop":yivcpod6]"The wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are bold as a loin" Proverbs 28:1[/quote:yivcpod6]

08-21-2010, 08:17 PM
There once was RP from Fort Lauderdale
Whose ego was larger than his underwear
He came into town
Turned the PD upside down
And did this all without a care

RP brought his sidekick D
Who does only what is told, which is the key
She sits at her desk
Can not be a pest
And is ordered to screw with you and me

How about that EC
Who got into trouble because of his PP
He has relations with a worker
Who really just looks like a hooker
Believe me, she is nothing to see

Now it is plain to see
That the administration will now pay the fee
It’s been such a long while
Working for such liars
The last time WMPD has seen “INTEGRITY”

08-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Wow the whole department needs to go buy your account. Good luck on your AA visit. You still need a girl in you life. Maybe a puppy. I for one am not unhappy here and think our department has more INTEGRITY than any police department. You call my co-workers hookers and command staff names. Who lies here?? its you. You are the same person who says such nasty things about our gerat city and police department. May God bless you for the harm you do.

There once was RP from Fort Lauderdale
Whose ego was larger than his underwear
He came into town
Turned the PD upside down
And did this all without a care

RP brought his sidekick D
Who does only what is told, which is the key
She sits at her desk
Can not be a pest
And is ordered to screw with you and me

How about that EC
Who got into trouble because of his PP
He has relations with a worker
Who really just looks like a hooker
Believe me, she is nothing to see

Now it is plain to see
That the administration will now pay the fee
It’s been such a long while
Working for such liars
The last time WMPD has seen “INTEGRITY”

08-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Wow the whole department needs to go buy your account. Good luck on your AA visit. You still need a girl in you life. Maybe a puppy. I for one am not unhappy here and think our department has more INTEGRITY than any police department. You call my co-workers hookers and command staff names. Who lies here?? its you. You are the same person who says such nasty things about our gerat city and police department. May God bless you for the harm you do.

Let me refresh your memory

Investigation Number ONE!!!! :evil: :devil: :evil:

Police chief remains despite criminal probe
Written by ELGIN JONES

WILTON MANORS — The chief of the Wilton Manors Police Department will remain actively on the job, even though city officials have confirmed that he is under criminal investigation for allegations of perjury.

“Yes, I have been made aware there is a criminal investigation, therefore I’m not in a position to comment,” said City Manager Joseph Gallegos, who acknowledged that he first learned of the probe from the South Florida Times.

City policy states that a police department employee who is under criminal investigation will be placed on administrative leave with pay pending the outcome of the investigation.

“The department does have a policy as far as internal affairs investigations,” Gallegos said, “But that is for personnel. The chief runs the department, so it doesn’t necessarily apply.”

Chief Richard E. Perez, 58, who leads a 46-member department, is under criminal investigation by the Broward State Attorney’s Office. The probe centers on allegations of perjury related to testimony that Perez provided in a 2007 civil trial. The alleged crime is a felony.

Perez is a former, 22-year veteran of the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, and was appointed as chief of the Wilton Manors’ department in 2006, becoming the first Hispanic to lead the department.

Gov. Charlie Crist appointed Perez to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission (CJSTC) in 2008. The agency sets standards, and provides certifications and training for law-enforcement agencies statewide.

A governor’s office spokeswoman said the office is looking into the allegations, but would not say what, if any, impact the investigation will have on Perez’s continued service there.

Perez has not responded to questions about the investigation, but sources who requested anonymity have confirmed that Perez is the target of the probe.

“He is aware he is under investigation, but he is not concerned about it,” said a source close to the investigation who did not wish to be named because the investigation is confidential.

Sources say Perez received a communication from prosecutors, informing him that a complaint has been filed, and that he is the target of an investigation. The South Florida Times has requested copies of the communication.

“The City is not aware of the existence of such a communication,” Gallegos said in an email. “By copy of this email to Chief Perez, however, I will make him aware of the public records request you have submitted below.”

The investigation centers on allegations of perjury related to Perez’s testimony in the 2007 civil trial of Philip “Phil” Cameron against Cameron’s former employer, the Fraternal Order of Police union.

Also named in the lawsuit were three union officials: Steve Klapka, James N. Mann and Martin Garcia. Cameron filed the lawsuit, alleging he was fired unjustly after being accused of several offenses, including theft and fraud.

As a result of his termination, Cameron had difficulty finding other employment. A former Fort Lauderdale police officer, Cameron inquired about openings in the Wilton Manors Police Department.

Among other things, during the trial Perez testified that he could not hire Cameron because he didn't have any openings in the department.

“Me, personally, I would hire him in a heartbeat, but I don’t have any openings, but I couldn’t do it on my own,” Perez testified when asked if he was in a position to offer Cameron employment.

An internal memorandum dated January 23, 2009, titled “2008 State of the Police Department,” written by Perez and sent to Gallegos, seems to contradict that testimony.

“I am pleased to report that thanks to our tireless efforts with Human Resources Department, the Police Department has filled all vacancies and for the first time in over twenty (20) years has attained 100% staffing with no vacancies,” Perez wrote in the memo.

“Of the 42 employees of the Wilton Manors Police Department, twenty (20) have been hired by me in the last three (3) years,” Perez also stated in the memo.

Perez also testified that no one had been hired in his department who had been fired from another agency.

“Well, knowing that he’s got a termination hanging over him, it would have to be cleared by my City Manager, which is my boss,” Perez testified in the 2007 trial. “And in eighteen months I’ve been there, nobody that has applied that’s been terminated somewhere else has been given a job.”

Personnel records, however, allegedly show that a number of officers who had been terminated by other departments were hired by the Wilton Manors Police Department.

Among them was Bonnie M. (Deitrick) Owens, who was fired by Pembroke Pines police after failing to pass at the police academy. Another was Scott Jordan, a former Broward Sheriff’s Office detective who was at the center of the Powertrac scandal, in which investigators allegedly cleared cases by pinning them on innocent people.

Cameron and Perez previously worked together as officers in the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, and the two shared a 24-year friendship. The criminal complaint also alleges that Perez’s testimony was designed to help Cameron, who went on to win a $333,688.64 judgment from the union and two of the three officials.

Prosecutors with the Broward State Attorney’s Office would not comment on the investigation, but the South Florida Times has confirmed that Stacy B. Schulman, an assistant state attorney in the Special Investigation Unit, has been combing through records at city hall. She has also subpoenaed other city records, including the personnel files of at least three police officers. All of those officers were fired by different agencies, but were later hired by Perez.

The complaint against Perez was filed by the Police Benevolent Association (PBA) union, which represents police officers in Wilton Manors, among others. Union officials are neither confirming nor denying that they filed the complaint.

“It would be illegal for me to say what, or if, we filed anything,” said Jeff Marano, senior vice president of the Broward County local of the Police Benevolent Association.

“What I can say is that we were preparing for a discipline case involving a demotion in Wilton Manors,” Marano said. “During our research, we discovered there was a similar case, and there was all this documentation, but I can’t say what we did with it.”

Perez is also the subject of an internal investigation into allegations he misused leave time.

“I’m not finished with that yet,” Gallegos said. “On first review, the chief kept very good logs. He doesn’t punch a time clock and spends a lot of time here, and hasn’t taken a vacation in years.”

EJones@SFLTimes.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Investigation Number TWO!!! :evil: :cop: :evil:

Written by ELGIN JONES

Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard E. Perez, already under investigation for alleged perjury , now faces a new allegation that he submitted a false affidavit to the courts in order to dismiss a traffic ticket issued to a former city commissioner.

As a result of Perez’s affidavit, the judge issued an order dismissing the case against former City Commissioner Diane Cline, for stopping in traffic on the tracks at a railroad crossing.

Other motorists who allegedly committed the same offense on the same day were not so lucky: No other tickets issued that day at that place were dismissed.

“Officer issued citation when the Dept. wanted educational warnings,” Perez wrote in an April 29 affidavit submitted to Broward County Court. “Additionally: Def. is elderly and terminally ill.”

An anonymous complaint filed with the Broward State Attorney’s Office alleges that, contrary to the assertions Perez made in his affidavit, Akers was, in fact, never instructed to issue warnings instead of actual citations for motor-vehicle violations.

In fact, during National Railroad Safety Awareness Week, which runs from April 18-24, officers are encouraged to be even more vigilant about railroad-crossing violations than at other times of the year.

Other motorists were issued tickets at that same railroad crossing, on the same day and for the same moving violation attributed to Akers, but Perez allegedly only sought to have Cline’s dismissed.

At least one of the other defendants was not pleased with the apparent discrepancy.

“If it’s true, I am furious because that ticket could cost me 260 bucks, and I go to court next month. Why should I have to pay when someone else doesn’t?” said Bruce Anderson of Plantation, who was cited at the crossing that day.

“The chief shouldn’t be fixing tickets. That’s the whole point, to make people learn from their mistakes. If nothing else, he should be reprimanded, but I don’t know what the law is on that,” he said.

Perez is already the subject of an ongoing perjury investigation conducted by the Broward State’s Attorneys Office, as well as an internal city review over his alleged failure to use leave time when he took time off from work.

Perez did not respond to calls or several emails seeking comment. His attorney, Robert D. Klausner, could not be reached for comment.

The allegations are detailed in a complaint filed anonymously with prosecutors in the State Attorney’s Office.

“I am told a complaint has been presented to us,” Ron Ishoy, a spokesman for the State Attorney’s Office, said in an email. He would not elaborate further.

According to sources, prosecutors notified Perez of their latest investigation into his conduct last week, as they were issuing several subpoenas related to the latest allegations.

This investigation stems back to National Railroad Safety Awareness Week. The annual, national campaign is intended to bring heightened railroad safety practices to the attention of motorists and pedestrians. Typically, law enforcement agencies carry out increased patrols near railroad crossings.
Citations are issued for violations such as breaching the crossings and stopping on the tracks.

Akers was the city’s traffic officer, and issued 12 tickets during the campaign. Ten of those, including the one given to Cline, were for violations related to stopping on the railroad tracks and other crossing-related violations.

At the time, Perez reportedly criticized Akers for giving Cline a citation. Additionally, Akers was reassigned out of traffic operations and placed on road-patrol duty as a result.

City Manager Joseph Gallegos did not respond to questions about Akers’ status, and the Police Benevolent Association (PBA) union, which represents Akers, declined comment.

Another motorist who received a citation just minutes before Cline, on the same day, was Stephen Bromfield of Fort Lauderdale. His wife, at least, was not overly concerned about the allegations.

“Everybody just does favors for everybody. I don’t sweat the small stuff, so I’m not that concerned about it,” Donna Bromfield said. “It would be nice if it was us, but I’m not going to rat the guy [Perez] out over it. We gave it [the traffic ticket] to our attorney and it’s pending, so I don’t know how much the final cost will be.”

Cline, 77, served as a city commissioner from 1982 to 1986, and as an interim commissioner for several months in 2008. She has served on countless city advisory boards, including the city’s Historical Society, where she is the current president.

The other State Attorney’s Office investigation into Perez’s conduct centers on allegations of perjury related to his testimony in a 2007 civil trial brought by his friend, Philip “Phil” Cameron against Cameron’s former employer, the Fraternal Order of Police union. Cameron went on to win a $333,688.64 judgment from the union and two of its officials.

Gallegos, the city manager, has also ordered an investigation into allegations that Perez failed to use leave time when taking days off from work. The move came after allegations surfaced earlier this year that Perez and members of his command staff never used leave time when they took vacations, and instead received normal pay. Perez remains on regular duty in Wilton Manors.

Perez, 58, was hired to head the 46-member department in 2006, becoming the first Hispanic chief in the city’s history. He is a former, 22-year veteran of the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

Gov. Charlie Crist appointed Perez in 2006 to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission (CJSTC), which provides training and certification to law-enforcement agencies across the state.

“There is not a CJSTC policy that calls for a commission member to be placed on leave from his or her commission duties while being investigated,” said Kristen Chernosky, the FDLE’s communication director, in an email to the South Florida Times. “Chief Perez is still an active commission member at this time.”

08-26-2010, 02:23 AM
:cop: Staying true to form. Check out this old link. A leopard can not change its spots. :cop:
http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=310&t=93997

08-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Here is another thought for you.
Check out this old link and some of the posts on it.
viewtopic.php?f=310&t=100760 (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=310&t=100760)

08-29-2010, 02:18 AM
This information was posted on blog for a law firm.
http://www.florida-criminal-lawyer-blog.com/

August 27, 2010
South Florida Police Chief Being Investigated for Alleged Perjury, False Affidavit
Our Broward County traffic attorneys have learned that Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard E. Perez is accused of submitting a false affidavit to dismiss a traffic tickets to a former city commissioner. He was already being investigated for alleged perjury.

The allegations of a false affidavit stem from an incident on April 20. National Railroad Safety Awareness Week was April 18-24, so officers were encouraged to pay even more attention to railroad-related violations. During that time, an officer issued several tickets to Florida drivers, including a former city commissioner. Ten of those were for were violations related to stopping on the railroad tracks and other crossing-related violations.

Perez allegedly tried to have the city commissioner’s traffic ticket dismissed. None of the other traffic tickets were dismissed, and not surprisingly, those drivers are not happy the situation. Perez will still be an active commission member while he is being investigated.

Source: POLICE CHIEF ACCUSED OF FIXING EX-COMMISSIONER’S TRAFFIC TICKET, South Florida Times

Continue reading "South Florida Police Chief Being Investigated for Alleged Perjury, False Affidavit" »

08-29-2010, 02:43 AM
You can use any name you want but you are the sam e person slaming an officer on this board. You are violating the board rules. You offer no new facts or information on this. The post you provide are the same over and over and one can only think that you are slaming over and over. You are also spaming these boards for own needs and to do damge. Please stop this since it does violate the rulres based on Spaming and Slaming. Please stop !!

August 27, 2010
South Florida Police Chief Being Investigated for Alleged Perjury, False Affidavit
Our Broward County traffic attorneys have learned that Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard E. Perez is accused of submitting a false affidavit to dismiss a traffic tickets to a former city commissioner. He was already being investigated for alleged perjury.

The allegations of a false affidavit stem from an incident on April 20. National Railroad Safety Awareness Week was April 18-24, so officers were encouraged to pay even more attention to railroad-related violations. During that time, an officer issued several tickets to Florida drivers, including a former city commissioner. Ten of those were for were violations related to stopping on the railroad tracks and other crossing-related violations.

Perez allegedly tried to have the city commissioner’s traffic ticket dismissed. None of the other traffic tickets were dismissed, and not surprisingly, those drivers are not happy the situation. Perez will still be an active commission member while he is being investigated.

Source: POLICE CHIEF ACCUSED OF FIXING EX-COMMISSIONER’S TRAFFIC TICKET, South Florida Times

Continue reading "South Florida Police Chief Being Investigated for Alleged Perjury, False Affidavit" »

08-29-2010, 07:08 PM
An author on the subject of leadership suggests that trust is like virginity; You only lose it once.

09-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey "Guest" - - - :cop: NEWS FLASH :cop: - - -

#1 You are not the moderator of this site so don't act like it.

#2 Reposting what the news media or others have on their web sites is not spamming or slamming when it is factual.

#3 There is definitely more than one person posting information on this site.

You can use any name you want but you are the sam e person slaming an officer on this board. You are violating the board rules. You offer no new facts or information on this. The post you provide are the same over and over and one can only think that you are slaming over and over. You are also spaming these boards for own needs and to do damge. Please stop this since it does violate the rulres based on Spaming and Slaming. Please stop !!

August 27, 2010

09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Time for all to come out and vote in NOVEMBER !!! Clear out the old and bring in new people.

09-06-2010, 10:44 PM
THAT WAS FUNNY HOW MANY OF YOU LIVE IN THE CITY

Time for all to come out and vote in NOVEMBER !!! Clear out the old and bring in new people.

09-07-2010, 01:56 PM
THAT WAS FUNNY HOW MANY OF YOU LIVE IN THE CITY

Actually residents watch this site to see how all these problems effect our police officers morale. I can remember when we actually knew the officers. Now they change so frequently and the new ones have no desire to know residents. Quite frankly the new officers are rude and are just here to get through their shift. Not to mention the one day shift slug, hiding all day smoking and getting lottery tickets all the time. We will vote. The mayor, the chief, and the city manager have got to go. To bad we can only vote out the mayor. :oops:

09-08-2010, 02:25 AM
You should read the good book and hate less.

09-08-2010, 03:06 AM
Yes "Guest", More people should read the bible. Unfortunately many do not. Some that do read it and do not take to heart the true meaning behind it.

You should read the good book and hate less.

10-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Everyone is talking and posting about the emails that involve the chief and others. Don't forget the investigation that the State Attorney's Office is conducting about this ticket fixing and the possible purjury from the civil trial with his friend and the FOP.

Written by ELGIN JONES

10-03-2010, 10:10 PM
and dont forget that you are in love with him. Get a girl!

Everyone is talking and posting about the emails that involve the chief and others. Don't forget the investigation that the State Attorney's Office is conducting about this ticket fixing and the possible purjury from the civil trial with his friend and the FOP.

[quote="Mr Public Information":293l697p]Police chief accused of fixing ex-commissioner’s traffic ticket
Written by ELGIN JONES

EJones@SFLTimes.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it[/quote:293l697p]