PDA

View Full Version : Command staff sucking up at Putnam fundraiser

07-29-2010, 12:24 AM
It would appear that some of our command staff wants to be sure and get an "in" with the next Commish. So much so that they bought tickets to attend one of his fundraisers. Buying tickets to brown nose that is truly a new low. I believe that this is in someway ethically wrong as they have contributed to the campaign of their possible future boss. My boss can not take gifts from me as it is a conflict of interest.

07-30-2010, 03:01 AM
I would certainly hope that our command staff meets and gets to know the candidates that seek to be OUR next boss. It would be stupid for them not too. I would encourage you to do the same. Then when you go to the polls you can make an informed decision. I'll bet you never have, have you? Your too busy I bet.

07-30-2010, 03:35 AM
I would certainly hope that our command staff meets and gets to know the candidates that seek to be OUR next boss. It would be stupid for them not too. I would encourage you to do the same. Then when you go to the polls you can make an informed decision. I'll bet you never have, have you? Your too busy I bet.

Ah but I have Mr/Ms Smart Pants. My decision has been made and it is an informed one. I have met Mr. Putnam but he has no idea that I work for this department, nor shall I ever bring it up to him if he is elected. Never would I attempt to curry favor through such actions, I wish I could say the same for others.......

07-30-2010, 11:56 AM
I call Bull Sh*T on that one!

07-30-2010, 05:36 PM
I call Bull Sh*T on that one!

Call what you will. I was with Thought Promoter in Madison and he nor I told Adam that we worked for this department when we met him. As far as he knows were just there for the meet and greet and are just average voters. Unless a person is looking to secure their position or move up in position there would be no reason to let him know that you work for the Department. I can not speak for Thought Promoter but I am happy as an Officer and have no desire to advance up the chain and since I do my job I have no need to worry about securing my position. Besides some in this Department are actually involved in the agriculture industry outside of this Department and are more concerned with his views on it than his thoughts on this Department. Just because you would do something that may be ethically questionable to secure your future does not mean everyone would. Sorry pot neither of us are kettles.

07-30-2010, 05:49 PM
It would appear that some of our command staff wants to be sure and get an "in" with the next Commish. So much so that they bought tickets to attend one of his fundraisers. Buying tickets to brown nose that is truly a new low. I believe that this is in someway ethically wrong as they have contributed to the campaign of their possible future boss. My boss can not take gifts from me as it is a conflict of interest. What's your point? Sucking up is a time honored tradition with our agency. People that suck up are generally rewarded very well. You can't find a better example than the Capt. in White Springs. He was useless as an Officer (got fired even). He has been a a useless suck-up all of his career. The same can be said for his right hand LT. who will most likely be promoted to Capt. when Hingson retires. Then you have the former Lt. who is now Sgt. who will most likely be the next Lt. (again). His inlaws helped him get where he got, and I'm sure will do the same again. So, I guess the moral to this story is: If you want to remain a lowly Officer your entire career and keep your dignity, then don't suck up. However if you are willing to prostitute yourself to any and everybody, then by all means, suck up. But be careful, you may be Capt. one day

07-30-2010, 06:05 PM
It would appear that some of our command staff wants to be sure and get an "in" with the next Commish. So much so that they bought tickets to attend one of his fundraisers. Buying tickets to brown nose that is truly a new low. I believe that this is in someway ethically wrong as they have contributed to the campaign of their possible future boss. My boss can not take gifts from me as it is a conflict of interest. What's your point? Sucking up is a time honored tradition with our agency. People that suck up are generally rewarded very well. You can't find a better example than the Capt. in White Springs. He was useless as an Officer (got fired even). He has been a a useless suck-up all of his career. The same can be said for his right hand LT. who will most likely be promoted to Capt. when Hingson retires. Then you have the former Lt. who is now Sgt. who will most likely be the next Lt. (again). His inlaws helped him get where he got, and I'm sure will do the same again. So, I guess the moral to this story is: If you want to remain a lowly Officer your entire career and keep your dignity, then don't suck up. However if you are willing to prostitute yourself to any and everybody, then by all means, suck up. But be careful, you may be Capt. one day

The above in underlined bold is so true. The Lt. to SGT. back to Lt. is a slap in the face to everyone. It proves that honest hard work gets a person no where in this Department, only political favors and pimping of one's self will allow advancement. I choose to have my dignity intact over advancement by self prostitution. I may always be a lowly Officer with low pay but at least I do not have a bald spot on top of my head, and do not buy large amounts of Kleenex, ChapStix, or Ky. All of the money and rank in the world it not worth my self respect and the respect of those I work with.

07-31-2010, 12:56 AM
It would appear that some of our command staff wants to be sure and get an "in" with the next Commish. So much so that they bought tickets to attend one of his fundraisers. Buying tickets to brown nose that is truly a new low. I believe that this is in someway ethically wrong as they have contributed to the campaign of their possible future boss. My boss can not take gifts from me as it is a conflict of interest.

If you like it or not, that's how the world turns, you grease the wheels to make them turn. You'll be left behind when the rest are well taken care of, loser.

08-01-2010, 08:25 PM
TITLE: WORLDS BIGGEST LOSERS WHO WILL NOT BE HERE NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY SUCK

COLONEL LIFORD

LC BRYAN

CHIEF JOHNSON

CHIEF HADDOCK

CHIEF DEGROFF BARRY

Even though many have made sucking up a true science like Bryan and Degroff-Berry, they will be $hitcanned. They all supported Baker and Rhodes will have her way with all of them.

08-02-2010, 11:51 PM
[They all supported Baker and Rhodes will have her way with all of them.[/quote]

Uh, Liford retires in like two weeks, Haddock is in the mountains somewhere and probably will never be back. Guess you're right!

08-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Yessss Liford gone who evr knew he was here until he got arrested. We dont want Jerry Bryan either just ask the people in Tally about his behavior and lies about saving jobs and sucking up. Yep and just ask Tally about some of the other big paychecks that do nothing way to many chiefs.

08-11-2010, 01:05 PM
As i sit here watching this circus called Head quarters I see so many overpaid and ridiculous excuses for bosses. Finally we lose Liford and that is good for the office. But we are stuck with a Lt. Col who is and always was a pathetic liar. His behavior on the second floor is just shameful and hipocritical. Now he is just another sad reminder of why we are in the place we are in. I need just a few more years and the thought this man will be in charge of us FML

08-13-2010, 03:08 PM
To THQ, the LC's personal life is his business and not yours. He can do what he wants to.

08-18-2010, 08:05 PM

The above in underlined bold is so true. The Lt. to SGT. back to Lt. is a slap in the face to everyone. It proves that honest hard work gets a person no where in this Department, only political favors and pimping of one's self will allow advancement. I choose to have my dignity intact over advancement by self prostitution. I may always be a lowly Officer with low pay but at least I do not have a bald spot on top of my head, and do not buy large amounts of Kleenex, ChapStix, or Ky. All of the money and rank in the world it not worth my self respect and the respect of those I work with.

Who is being mentioned in the above paragraph concerning "one's self prostitution"? Would love some clues......How sick

08-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey I have an idea, post all the positions from the outside as well. Hey Justin you were hired from the outside and qualified, why not post the others. I know because basically they are all scared. There are plenty qualified command staff that are willing to make a change from outside sources, why do you we have to settle for the weak minded good ole boys that we have now? Who says it has to be promotion from within the ranks. That is the problem with this rotten agency, everyone thinks they have a "right" to certain positions and it needs to change, maybe people will start acting their part and not "playing the role" if we were to advertise from the outside. Then choose a qualified interview board, a community member, and education member and an outside LEO source from another not connected agency. Wow imagine the scores then HA HA, when you don't have your "cousin" or "brother in law" on the interview board. If we are to be an Accredited Agency why don't we follow it to the letter.
Wait, sorry I have to wake up from my nightmare, I know that will never happen, but it sounds good huh!

08-21-2010, 11:11 AM
You inspect fruit, veggies, and animals. Wht do you treally expect?

08-23-2010, 01:07 AM
You inspect fruit, veggies, and animals. Wht do you treally expect?

TREALLY????DO YOU THINK???????LUV IT, KEEP POSTING MORON!!!!

08-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Hello cabbage cops, you have the worst commanders in law enforcement in Tallahassee. Scandal after scandal with your upper level brass who are not qualified to be cops much less brass.

08-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Hello cabbage cops, you have the worst commanders in law enforcement in Tallahassee. Scandal after scandal with your upper level brass who are not qualified to be cops much less brass.

What's your point? Did someone step on your nose while you were trying to wedge it up someone else's arse? I'll bet you support Rick Scott as well......

08-31-2010, 09:54 AM

What's your point? Did someone step on your nose while you were trying to wedge it up someone else's arse? I'll bet you support Rick Scott as well......

It would appear that someone stepped on your nose Cletus while you were trying to wedge it up upper level brass arse. Flea is just telling the truth, I know it may hurt, but it is the truth. I am a cabbage cop and I support Rick Scott because Alex Sink is lying to get the State Employee vote. I approve this message.

09-01-2010, 04:32 AM

It would appear that someone stepped on your nose Cletus while you were trying to wedge it up upper level brass arse. Flea is just telling the truth, I know it may hurt, but it is the truth. I am a cabbage cop and I support Rick Scott because Alex Sink is lying to get the State Employee vote. I approve this message.

I also approve Scott Supporters message.

09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Everyone is free to vote how they see fit, I personally don't know why any state employee would support Rick Scott who has openly said he wanted to get rid of thousands of state employees.

09-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Everyone is free to vote how they see fit, I personally don't know why any state employee would support Rick Scott who has openly said he wanted to get rid of thousands of state employees.

If you would educate yourself you would know that it is more than likely going to come to that anyway, no matter who the governor is. There is a 6.5+ billion dollar short fall for next years budget. In the past couple years they have cut a lot, jobs will be next. It is coming, hope folks are ready. I would rather support some one that is open and honest than someone that lies to get my vote and then does the same thing.

09-03-2010, 09:35 AM

I can go find another job if need be, not many here can say that. Most are stuck here with no other skills that would qualify them for employment else where. Times are tough for everyone and if losing my job keeps them from cutting the budget for education and the such then so be it. I am not going to quit as I want the benefits the State will have to provide if I am let go due to cut backs. I have already made my plans if it comes to me losing my job. At least Scott is being honest, Sink just lies to get the vote. Hard times are coming folks, get ready.

09-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Glad you have so much inside information. Must be nice.

09-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Knoweth what you speak my friends. Look at our leadership here on the 2nd floor, it is awful. The Colonel will be gone with a nice fat check, the LC is an evangelist one minute and then curses like a sailor the next. His behavior is plain un-acceptable and demeaning to all women. The rest of our chiefs are just hiding and hoping to survive this election, there is nothing getting done up here.