PDA

View Full Version : When will we get a command staff that cares?

07-29-2010, 12:16 AM
It appears that FWC and FHP included raises in their budgets for their Officers. When will our's get a clue and figure out how to do this? When will they start to care about more than where their next drink is going to be at?

07-30-2010, 06:14 PM
When we get a Command staff that comes totally from within our own ranks. That is the advantage FWC and FHP have over us, they have promoted from within top to bottom. There are not political cronies that have been brought in due to being friends, or as repayment for political favors.

07-30-2010, 07:38 PM
If the grass is greener, jump the fence. They're taking apps daily. Unless of course, your one of their rejects and just can't make it anywhere else.

07-30-2010, 10:57 PM
If the grass is greener, jump the fence. They're taking apps daily. Unless of course, your one of their rejects and just can't make it anywhere else.

Never said the grass was greener, just stating a difference that could maybe make things better here when it comes to salary. Happy with my job, but as with any workplace there is room for improvement. I have never applied anywhere else to be rejected. Guess I struck a nerve with that first comment. Are you a political crony brought in because you are a friend, or a repayment of a political favor? Are you here because you were rejected else where? You seem familiar with the process. Maybe you could give me some pointers if I decide to put in an application elsewhere?

07-31-2010, 12:29 AM
I was not brought in from elsewhere but did spend many years working for a traditional, some call it real, law enforcement agency until retirement. This is my second go round after milking the system for 25 plus 5 in DROP. Yep, I'm taken up a spot for some poor sole that might really need it. Ain't the state great, It's all about who ya know, so don't burn no bridge.

Ya gotta learn how to play this game son. I can tell that your money driven and just a wee lad rookie so listen up. Study for them test. you know, the promotional test that this place makes you take to be eligible for promotion. Use it to your advantage cause above sgt/inv, it's who ya know or who your kin to for promotions.

If your lucky, you might not be not one of those boys who waz born n raised round live oak or lake city. Them just aint got not ambition to move away from the farm ya know. Might have to communicate with a foreigner or live in a city with red lights. Get ur bags packed, study hard and ride the train anywhere in the state. You'll get ur raise, take home car and no more hick sgt tellin ya what ta do. Then you can put on your resume that you did some real police work while workin in this dump. But Cheer up, we gotta new Gov and Comm headed into office. They might see what we really do and just shut the whole place down. Then you'll be free of it all.