PDA

View Full Version : New Chief

07-10-2010, 03:56 PM
So what is up with the new chief? Are we ever going to get someone?

07-13-2010, 04:42 PM
some day, just hope it not King Fagula Hudak

07-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Who cares about the chief's job, Our problem is City Manager. This bafoon needs to go. This place is falling apart.

07-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Got a job?....yes, got insurance?....yes, got a place to live?....yes, got a take home car?....yes. Who cares about the chief or city manager, once an a hole always an a hole. Just go to work and try to be thankful for something in your life....

07-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Opa Locka has the same benefits Tiny, but I'm not going to work there. Most of us have degrees and MOST of us are intelligent people who bought into what the Old Gables offered. In times like this, just having a job is important, but you cant hide the fact that this place is going down the the tubes and Salerno is the one flushing it. He needed to make cuts, but he has gone extreme. It's going to worsen in the up coming months when he asks us to give more. And before you say "well then go work for Opa Locka", remember why you wanted to work here and what made this department so appealing. It's not only that things are bad, it's that they are getting worst by the day. Enough is enough. Coral Gables hand selected a more intelligent person to be a cop here and they need to make things better or the pool of future applicants will not be as qualified as they want it to.

07-13-2010, 11:04 PM
OK, first off I'm not going to rag on you about the( worst )comment you made. I often misspell words and still move on with my life. It's not all about being educated either, if you have read the majority of posts being made on this site. I have a high school education and I would like to think a lot of common sense to back that up. However the reason I am working here is because I needed a job. I didn't care where it was or how I got it, I was just thankful to be working. I understand people want more for themselves and their family's but it comes with time. Times are bad and times are good, it's the circle of life my lion king friend. I could ***** a lot about being screwed and the apathy that staff and city hall shows us but I'm still thankful to get both feet out of bed in the morning because the other choice would really suck

07-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Agreed with you on your point. Just wish this would go in another direction. It's just going straight down and no one knows when it will stop. I just hope people like us are still around to see it get good again.

07-13-2010, 11:59 PM
I do to my friend, we can only hope it does.

07-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Word from an inside source is an out of town person is meeting with the manager next week and maybe even another national search.

07-19-2010, 06:06 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO ED HUDACK, HE HAS BEEN PROMOTED TO CHIEF OF THE CORAL GABLE POLICE DEPARTMENT.

07-19-2010, 08:06 PM
"I'm a join ya Elizabeth...it's a big one, this time it's real. Lordy shakes almighty that news has finally brought the big one Elizabeth. Tell that big ol' dummy son of mine he can have the junk yard cause I'm a dying now Elizabeth."

07-22-2010, 11:20 PM
We know the Manager is a nut, but you would think the commission would finally say hire a police chief already. There has to be someone in the 130 applicants that is capable of running this circus.

07-23-2010, 03:28 AM
We know the Manager is a nut, but you would think the commission would finally say hire a police chief already. There has to be someone in the 130 applicants that is capable of running this circus.

The Manager takes forever to make a decision. Don't hold your breath, silly hall is out of control. He can't multi task and we pay the price. Welcome to the ex city beautiful. At this rate the good candidates will seek places with a more professional process. This is crazy.

07-23-2010, 03:49 PM
[quote="Guest"]So what is up with the new chief? Are we ever going to get someone? I hope they find someone to replace the PIECE OF GARBAGE we have for a chief really soon. He is a micro-managing piece of S--T that needs to leave. He has no idea what leadership stands for, and needs to retire. He is disresspectful to senior staff and Officers; therefore, nobody respects him as a man. We are praying for November to get here, so we can watch him leave. Only 4 more months. We dont have too much longer.

07-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Chief RN had several issues in recent history that would have impacted anyone of us. We should remember he has given a great deal to the department and therefore we should try to be more understanding. No question it is time for a new Chief with strong leadership skills. Why it has taken so long is the Managers fault. His failure to name the new Chief has placed us in the current condition. The Mayor, Commissioners and citizens should be asking why?

07-24-2010, 01:52 PM
I am certainly glad that the Manager listened to what many of the residents including told him and decided to keep Chief Richard Naue as the Chief of the department.

07-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Morima again ?

07-25-2010, 05:10 AM
I agree, I would have swallowed the barrel of my 40 cal if that happened to me. The only thing left for him to do is leave.

I believe that the City Manager is waiting for November to choose his new puppet. At times I also think he didn't find the correct person he wants for the job yet and wants to keep looking. I'm just venting and concerned. I still thing this is a great place to work thats why I came here. I just want it to continue being a great place.

07-25-2010, 01:53 PM
I have inside info that tells me that the City Manager has a person lined up and ready to go. The only thing holding us up on that is the fact that said person is not ready to leave his current job and come over to the City Ugly and deal with our in house scum

07-25-2010, 02:49 PM
When Chief Naue retires I will prompt the Manager to appoint my friend Ana who used to be an assistant chief there and is also a resident of the City Beautiful. Maybe she can put an end to all the needless traffic harassment currently being practiced by this police department.

07-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I have inside info that tells me that the City Manager has a person lined up and ready to go. The only thing holding us up on that is the fact that said person is not ready to leave his current job and come over to the City Ugly and deal with our in house scum

Your so called inside source and you are wrong. Nice try, no info here. Those who say don't know and those who know don't say. :devil:

07-27-2010, 03:01 PM

Your so called inside source and you are wrong. Nice try, no info here. Those who say don't know and those who know don't say. :devil:

sorry to say that you are full of it................I do know and I do say to inform ****s like you

07-27-2010, 04:33 PM
The dya the drop is over for our present chief, Frank Fernandez will be sworn in as the new chief.

07-27-2010, 06:11 PM
when the new chief get in office, he WILL put you fags back on 5-8's

07-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Who cares.........

07-28-2010, 03:34 AM

sorry to say that you are full of it................I do know and I do say to inform ****s like you

The only **** & limp here is u and you are a misinformation source.................you don't know anything and are way off. Keep spreading rumors and misinforming people. The FDLE guy has alot of problems inhouse with recent scandals. FF is about to take an out of state job, next week. TC is a finalist in SMPD and has history. LV was accused of cooking the books in NY and using detectives for personal use at MPD. The insiders have placed you in your current state of affairs. The county guy is after the managers job which is what he did at Miami Lakes. RB has place MPD at its lowest point ever in only 6 months and is the fuel of all the infighting there, he is a joke. The long process itself iliminated many who see it as very unprofessional and a poor working enviroment with little communication. The Managers ways has kept many from moving forward and others retinking if they want to deal with it all. The infighting with staff has placed the department at it's lowest point ever. When has a staff member ever walked out of a staff meeting with the Chief yelling? Not the City Beautiful from close up and not the best place around to manage. As a Chief you lend your reputation and qualifications to the department, would you do it here? Good luck you need it, ****!

07-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Sorry, your version isn't quite accurate. FF is not going out of town. His family ties are too deep and he has turned down a job with the Justice Department that he was offered through Timoney. TC doesn't have any real history, just some idiots from the city whom he spanked are trying to start rumors. However, he will never be able to work with the City Manager. FDLE guy doesn't have the background to be a police chief. County guy is a wanna be.

Despite all else and our worse fears Fernandez is the front runner and will get the job. He has lined up the politicians and will be named chief next fiscal year.

07-30-2010, 03:24 AM
Sorry, your version isn't quite accurate. FF is not going out of town. His family ties are too deep and he has turned down a job with the Justice Department that he was offered through Timoney. TC doesn't have any real history, just some idiots from the city whom he spanked are trying to start rumors. However, he will never be able to work with the City Manager. FDLE guy doesn't have the background to be a police chief. County guy is a wanna be.

Despite all else and our worse fears Fernandez is the front runner and will get the job. He has lined up the politicians and will be named chief next fiscal year.

TC doesn't have history? Who stole the bathrobe from the hotel during the presidential detail and was thrown off SWAT? Who was sued and lost for sexual harrassment by Officer Daisy Montes? Please stop sucking asssatz. Your right the manager would never hire him. :devil:

07-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Sorry city boy , but you are way off. Cannon doesnt have any history, that is all BS. But it doesn't matter. Fernandez is taking over the Gables. Hurricane Frank is coming and we are going to be be blinded by his ego and "..because I'm the Chief" attitude.

Blom is a fraud and no one was going to hire him except the City of Miami which is corrupt and so screwed now it is laughable;

The FDLE guy isnt a police officer and never was. The county guy is a threat to the manager so he isnt coming here.

It is a done deal with Fernandez, the FOP knows but is trying to keep it quiet.

07-30-2010, 06:04 PM
There goes the Gables. God help you.

"I'm Boy King, and I'm in CHARGE."

If you guys want to get promoted, kiss his ass. He needs that

07-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry city boy , but you are way off. Cannon doesnt have any history, that is all BS. But it doesn't matter. Fernandez is taking over the Gables. Hurricane Frank is coming and we are going to be be blinded by his ego and "..because I'm the Chief" attitude.

Blom is a fraud and no one was going to hire him except the City of Miami which is corrupt and so screwed now it is laughable;

The FDLE guy isnt a police officer and never was. The county guy is a threat to the manager so he isnt coming here.

It is a done deal with Fernandez, the FOP knows but is trying to keep it quiet.

The TC City of Miami propraganda group trying to mislead and misinform. When TC applied for the NBV Chief job and failed they went on that LEO affairs site and started calling the new Chief "Hurricane". Now Tommy boy doesn't get it here and here they are call the person they think got it "Hurricane". Go back to Miami, we can see right through that. Brothers and sisters in blue take a minute and visit the North Bay Village LEO affairs site and see for yourself. They are not interested in passing good information to you just pushing thier guy. Be careful! Seek and you shall find***MY BROTHER***

07-30-2010, 08:07 PM
There goes the Gables. God help you.

"I'm Boy King, and I'm in CHARGE."

If you guys want to get promoted, kiss his ass. He needs that

Go back to the City of Miami with your new F...UP Chief, it is a joke. There goes the City of Miami and by the way in Miami "NO one is in charge" maybe Tomasito who just open your contract. Isn't that the guy you and the FOP backed?

One thing with the Boy King if you want to get promoted you better have an education and degree, no free rides and yes he is in Charge, that is what a Chief is expected to be. I know in miami with the mayor running the department and your news confrences it's a hard concept to understand. As for ass kissing, he hates it, and doesn't read or listen to anything on blogs or websites so don't waste your time, the guy will not read them and will not discuss anything on them. He thinks they are rumor mills with no substance. You will be measured on you job and skillsets not rumors or LEO affairs.

07-31-2010, 04:43 AM
I have contacted the moderator as well as the web site coordinator in order ascertain who is writing disparaging remarks about the Chief.

07-31-2010, 01:17 PM
One thing with the Boy King if you want to get promoted you better have an education and degree, no free rides and yes he is in Charge, that is what a Chief is expected to be. I know in miami with the mayor running the department and your news confrences it's a hard concept to understand. As for ass kissing, he hates it, and doesn't read or listen to anything on blogs or websites so don't waste your time, the guy will not read them and will not discuss anything on them. He thinks they are rumor mills with no substance. You will be measured on you job and skillsets not rumors or LEO affairs.

Yeah, thats right chief....everyone believes you when you say you dont read these websites.......riiiiiiight.

07-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Fernandez is coming and he is bringing Tony Utset and Mike Perez, his only supporters, as a major and assistant chief. The present staff is gone except one. The perfect storm has hit.

07-31-2010, 04:16 PM
I say bring them all!!! Houdak is a jackarse any way!!! Thats who you need to get rid of!!!!

07-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Fernandez is coming and he is bringing Tony Utset and Mike Perez, his only supporters, as a major and assistant chief. The present staff is gone except one. The perfect storm has hit.

Don't allow the haters to spread rumors and misinformation. If FF was to become Chief of CGPD he would promote from within allowing you to grow. Don't allow the haters using scare tactics to cause conflict at CGPD. The persons writing this false and hateful information were by passed for promotions at MPD because they only had a GED education. FF did not promote people with GEDs. Now they are called Majors at MPD. You see under the current administration they promoted people with political connections from the position of Sgt. to Major with a GED education. For example: Sgt. Alfredo Alvarez was a Sgt. who drove around commissioners. After the elections he was promoted to Major over IA. Now you understand the cluster F...k with SAO, FBI and USAO and arresting people after the SAO told them they had no PC. The VP of the FOP a police officer was promoted to the Executive Assistant to the Chief of Police after the same election when they supported the mayor. His pension benefits grew by approx. $70, 000. more than his PO pension. Do you start to understand the games the FOP and political flunkies are playing at MPD. FF did not allow that so those GED political flunkies will come he and try to mis lead you. Dont be misinform or mislead by these GED flunkies. Seek and you shall find*** the thruth***

07-31-2010, 07:01 PM
LOL....educational elitism at its finest.

Another idiot that believes in this world of "pay your fee and you get a B" universities that a diploma hanging on your wall actually means youre smarter or more competent.

Im a high school drop out that can run intellectual circles around most of the morons at CGPD with masters degrees.

07-31-2010, 07:39 PM
LOL....educational elitism at its finest.

Another idiot that believes in this world of "pay your fee and you get a B" universities that a diploma hanging on your wall actually means youre smarter or more competent.

Im a high school drop out that can run intellectual circles around most of the morons at CGPD with masters degrees.

You said it all! now get back to the drive up window at Mc Donalds you have a customer waiting Mr. Masters Degree, NOT. Im sure you are the main character of your own play. :lol:

08-01-2010, 01:49 AM
You said it all! now get back to the drive up window at Mc Donalds you have a customer waiting Mr. Masters Degree, NOT. Im sure you are the main character of your own play. :lol:

Thank you for illustrating my point for me.

I had better sentence structure in grade school you idiot.

08-01-2010, 07:48 PM

Thank you for illustrating my point for me.

I had better sentence structure in grade school you idiot.

Good, now go get me a Big Mac and a coke and get back to work.

08-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Only Frank "Boy King" Fernandez' croonies are capable of writing such BS on here. The guy is a tremendous asshole. He never promoted anybody who was NOT his personal ass kissers. The BS about education...You have to be kidding. There was not one brain cell between all the assholes FF promoted. Good Luck and God help us.

08-10-2010, 08:36 PM
How many brain cells does it take to write "all the meany.."? Another city hater coming on here instead of worrying about the cluster of a department Miami PD has become.

08-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Only Frank "Boy King" Fernandez' croonies are capable of writing such BS on here. The guy is a tremendous *** VIRUS ALERT ***. He never promoted anybody who was NOT his personal ass kissers. The BS about education...You have to be kidding. There was not one brain cell between all the meany FF promoted. Good Luck and God help us.

He promoted Mike Exposito to Major, are you saying your current Chief of Police was his personal ass kisser?

He also promoted Roy Brown to Commander and Major, are you saying your current Asst. Chief was his personal ass kisser?

He promoted Luis Cabrera to Sgt and later Lt, are you saying your current Deputy Chief was his personal ass kisser?

He gave Richie Blom a chance to run OEM after he had been buried in records, are you saying your current Assistant Chief was his ass kisser?

He promoted George Martin to Commander, are you saying your current Major of CID was his personal ass kisser?

He promoted David Rivero to Commander and later Major, are you saying the current UM Chief was his personal ass kisser?

He promoted Mike Colombo to Commander and later Major, are you saying the current UM LT was his personal ass kisser?

He promoted R. Herbello to Commander, are you saying your current Major of TSD was his personal ass kisser?

He promoted Alfredo Alvarez to Sgt. At Arms, are you saying your current Major of IA was hsi personal ass kisser?

He promoted Steve Caceres to Commader and Major, are you saying your current Major of SDSS was his personal ass kisser?

He promoted JJ Fernandez to Commander, are you saying your current SOS commander was his persnal ass kisser?

He promoted Tom Canon to Major and later to Asst. Chief, are you saying he was his personal ass kisser?

And many more, to many to list but, look at your staff now. How many staff members have given cash donations of hundreds of dollars including $500 from the FOP to support Raquelita Regalado,s (Mayors daughter) campaign for the school board. Is this the same Mayor that you supported. Is this the same mayor who is opening your contract. Is this the same Mayor that 2 weeks ago tried to take away your Civil Service Rights. Who is kissing ass? Now you can buy your promotion over there, donate money, drive the mayor during a campaign and become a Deputy Chief. Volunteer your wife at the Mayors campaign office and you become the chief of police. Run a negative FOP campaign against T$ & FF for the mayor and you become an Executive Asst. to the Chief of Police.

Go back to your site if you come here you better have your facts right or I will expose you!

08-11-2010, 07:08 PM
You are exactly right. And for your information looser, Sgt. & Lt. are propmoted based on promotional exams. The BK had no saying on that. You are not a Gables officer. You must be Utset who is hoping the BK gets this job so he can bring you and his drunk buddy Perez here. Like I said God help us.

08-12-2010, 06:02 PM
You are exactly right. And for your information looser, Sgt. & Lt. are propmoted based on promotional exams. The BK had no saying on that. You are not a Gables officer. You must be Utset who is hoping the BK gets this job so he can bring you and his drunk buddy Perez here. Like I said God help us.

Mr. NOT informed (43), as you wrote I am "exactly right". Sgt. & Lt. are promoted based on promotional exams. They are then place on a list and FF promoted them. He could have under article 4 of your contract not promoted for many reasons just like they have not promoted Sgt. & Lt. at CGPD now who are on the list based on article 11, these are called "Management Rights". I personally believe they should be made but that is for the FOP to fix. What you have chosen to describe in your latter post is the process of promotions not WHO promotes which is what you, in your own words wrote. Stick to the facts and stop trying to spin. This is not Utset or Perez, just someone with more knowledge than you. Go back to Miami a 332 just went out in Overtown and another person just got shot while you are on LEO affairs, looser! By the way read your FOP contract. Your Mayor will soon rewrite it for you and many of your benefit will disappear and you are correct GOD help you. Because you need all the help you can get. Now go take you Meds you are under medicated again and the nurse is looking for you. :cop:

08-12-2010, 06:15 PM

No wonder you didn't get promoted. "Sgt. & Lt. are propmoted" trying spelling the word right. The red line under the word means it is misspelled or are you drunk again! :snicker:

08-15-2010, 03:19 PM
I spoke to my buddy at Miami PD, and he says they are happier than a pig in..well you know what. The new chief supports the troops and has given them freedom to clean up the streets. While the previous chief bragged about going two years without firing a shot ( although guns had been pointed at the officers and they were fired upon), the new chief is into lots of tactical training and the use of tactical units. He says he's never had as much tactical training as he is involved in now.

That's why they have killed three offenders that have confronted them in three weeks.

My buddy tells me not to pay attention to the manure being written on their site, few officers on their department read it, and there are only a handful of former staff members writing stuff on there (probably the same guys coming on here from Miami to attack everyone.

GUYS, GO BACK TO YOUR OWN SITE and take it up over there.

08-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Miami's uniforms are changing. They are going to be guyaberas. Cigar holders in every car. Spanish will be the language on the radio. All sleaves will be sewn tight.

08-16-2010, 07:15 PM
No one is happy at MPD. The new fat chief wouldnt know how to clean the streets with a push broom

08-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Final five; two former MPD chf's, one county asst chief, two out of town chf's.

08-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Sorry buddy but you dont know what you are talking about. Sgt's and Lt's are promoted strictly off the list. However, the list is compiled differently because the Lt. list is still under the consent decree. Article Four of the MPD contract has never been used for promotions. A sgt. who was #1 on the and under investigated by the FEDS did not get promoted. Nothing to do with Article 4. FF did not make promotions. Timoney did make staff promotions, most were based on FF recommendations but not all.

08-18-2010, 03:22 AM
Keep dreaming you know better than that. Management can stop any promotions based on article 4 read your contract. FF ran the department and told JT who was to be promoted. You got called to JT office and were made. FACT. Isn't that the reason you guys critized JT because FF was running the department and you always said JT was always on vacation. Go read your past posts on your site and read for yourself. What happen doesn't fit your needs now?

08-18-2010, 03:26 AM
Final five; two former MPD chf's, one county asst chief, two out of town chf's.

WRONG, no list, no final five. Done.

08-18-2010, 10:49 PM
REALLY people, who F'n cares??????????????????????? Go watch reruns of Adam 12 and learn how to be a cop instead of a weasel. No one cares what you think!!!!!!!!!!! Right DEEEAAAANNNNN?

08-19-2010, 03:04 AM
Tiny go run a 341 that's all you do here. You need to watch adam 12, 13 and 14 because that would be the only way for you to learn about police work. You are an over paid metter maid. Run your mouth. :devil:

08-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Why has this thread been hijacked by Miami whiners? Don't they have a thread for themselves?

08-21-2010, 01:02 PM
You can write all the sh.t you want on here about the Miami Police Chief, but all I know is that they are taking care of business over there, and all the comments I've read in the newspaper and on tv attributed to him Cocerning the police shootings have been in support of his officers. When was the last time we saw that here?

I don't ever remember seeing this Fernandez guy supporting the troops when he was at Miami PD.

08-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Key Biscayne Chief Press will be the next CGPD Chief.

08-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Key Biscayne Chief Press will be the next CGPD Chief.

Is his first name Bill?

08-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I just heard that retired MPD Major Brenda Williams will be our new Chief.

Oh lord...why have you done this to us???????

09-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I just heard that retired MPD Major Brenda Williams will be our new Chief.

Oh lord...why have you done this to us???????

I hear she is into fried chicken!

09-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Can I lower my car and put some 22's on it?

09-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Don't know anything about her, but what I do know is that the Gables has a few closet racist pigs.

09-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey Al, your an A-HOLE......

09-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Don't know anything about her, but what I do know is that the Gables has a few closet racist pigs.

it goes both ways in the gables

09-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Fernandez is currently negotiating with the city attorney

09-10-2010, 11:47 PM
^ you are a **** :roll:

09-11-2010, 03:14 AM
You officers need to focus on the crime problems that are starting to plague our city and stop worrying about who will be chief. I have written vehicle numbers down of several officers that I have seen gathering at some of the restaurants when they should be patrolling our streets. The best thing that could happen to our city is to impose a pay cut to the police department. I will continue to petition the Manager to initiate this. It's sickening what i pay in taxes for the services that i receive.

10-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Fernandez will be sworn in on the week after RN is gone.

10-08-2010, 01:46 AM
It is true Fernandez is taking over the first week in December. He has recieved permission to bring Utset as "special asst to the chief" who will out rank majors. The UM "chief" is also history.

10-08-2010, 09:21 PM
It is true Fernandez is taking over the first week in December. He has recieved permission to bring Utset as "special asst to the chief" who will out rank majors. The UM "chief" is also history.

Your information is non factual and planting an evil seed. Utset has a job and FF promoted Chief Rivero twice while at MPD. They work well together. You are trying to undermind the staff. If and only "If" it is FF, he will come alone and make decisions after he evaluates and sees for himself. He is his own man and doesn't judge people on rumors. You are trying to stir the pot and deteriorate staff support. No one knows whats going on and you are digging for information. Keep it real brother, you only hurt your brothers and sisters with these nasty lies. Anyone with a brain can see right through it.

10-09-2010, 03:00 PM
FF isnt his "own man". He will do exactly what the manager tells him to do. He tried to make Utset a Major more than once and played favorites with his buddies constantly. Rivero isnt going anywhere because he is protected bu the UM prez vut there is no love lost between him and FF.

10-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Fernandez likes to call himself a change agent. He has already created a plan on how he will change the department and do it very quickly. He will bring at least two people with him, Utset and someone presently at UM. The present staff will be cut in half and replaced with his own people with in six weeks. He is already talking to some present staff members.

10-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Fernandez likes to call himself a change agent. He has already created a plan on how he will change the department and do it very quickly. He will bring at least two people with him, Utset and someone presently at UM. The present staff will be cut in half and replaced with his own people with in six weeks. He is already talking to some present staff members.

FF has not spoken to any staff member and has no plan in place. He must first evaluate what he has. He will not listen to rumors and will see for himself. He speaks to noone and you know nothing. He will not bring Utset and noone from UM will give up what they have to come to CGPD. FF will keep the current staff and promote from within. He will only make adjustments after evaluation and only if needed. He and Chief Rivero are friends and speak often. He promoted him to Commander and later to Major while at Miami PD. You are spreading rumors, lies and trying to scare people. He is his own man and will only take the job if he has FULL control of the department. You know nothing. Your scare tactics and unsupported venomous lies will not work.

10-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Wrong there on several points. FF has been in contact with at least two majors and those majors have talked openly about it. He has been using his politcal connections from the City of Miami, most notablely Manny Diaz and Pete Hernandez, to become chief at MPD.

FF and Rivero have worked together but are not friends. Rivero has said that FF was the main problem at MPD.

FF is certainly not "his own man". Anyone who knows him knows he will do whatever the CM tells him to do. He will do anything and throw anyone under the bus gain favor with the political leaders of the city. He plays favorites and developes "cliques" that he places in power and are yes men.

The writer is obviously close to FF and has something to gain and is a former yes man from MPD.

There are better choices than FF who have applied

10-12-2010, 02:51 AM
Wrong there on several points. FF has been in contact with at least two majors and those majors have talked openly about it. He has been using his politcal connections from the City of Miami, most notablely Manny Diaz and Pete Hernandez, to become chief at MPD.

FF and Rivero have worked together but are not friends. Rivero has said that FF was the main problem at MPD.

FF is certainly not "his own man". Anyone who knows him knows he will do whatever the CM tells him to do. He will do anything and throw anyone under the bus gain favor with the political leaders of the city. He plays favorites and developes "cliques" that he places in power and are yes men.

The writer is obviously close to FF and has something to gain and is a former yes man from MPD.

There are better choices than FF who have applied

Clearly, you are a cheerleader for one of those you consider to be a better choice. FF has not been in contact with any Majors and if you or any Major are trying to protray he has you are not being truthful. Your sources are self serving towards your agenda of promoting your guy. Chief Rivero has openly said infront of numerous people that he hopes FF gets the job and that he is the person CGPD needs. FF gave him an outstanding recommendation for the position he holds now. Remember he was interviewed as Rivero's direct supervisor at that time. "Cliques" or "Coalitions" as you like to call them are most prominent in CGPD than any other place. Just look at the division in the department. Playing politics doesn't work with this manager, try it and you will see what happens.

FF doesn't need politicians. The man has the pedigree: AA,BS, Master, Graduate of the Harvard School of Business, is a Business Professor, works for the US Department of Justice evaluating problem department all over the US. He was a PSA, Police Officer, Seargeant, Lieutenant, Commander, SWAT as an Officer, Sgt and Lt., Deputy Chief longer than any other in history of MPD. In a police department that makes 40,000 arrest a year not 998. He took control of a Field Force during FTAA after the Major folded under pressure on Biscayne Blvd. FF is highly decorated with many awards and traveled overseas to Israel, Ireland and GITMO as an advisor. Say what you want, then go out and beat him. The man runs Marathons (Washignton, Boston & NY) for a hobby and is a successful businessman. Maybe now you understand why your boy came out short.

If FF had played politics and did what ever the politicians and FOP wanted he would have been the Chief at Miami PD. But, he did not, he stood up for what he believed was right and look what they got. A political puppet as a Chief and a contract with pay cuts and diminished benefits from the Mayor their FOP and Chief endorsed.

As far as me being a yes man, yes to professionalism, yes to the truth, yes to justice, yes to being a real man, you see when I have to talk sh.. about someone I tell them to their face not on a blog under the name of "guest" which obviously says much about you. Please proof read your post. You wrote he was using politicians as Manny Diaz and Peter Hernandez to become Chief at MPD, I think you mean CGPD. But so many years at MPD its hard to get it out of your system. It goes with the rest of your information all wrong and poison trying to push someone else for the job. Because you fear him, chicken sh...

10-12-2010, 01:29 PM
FF is not a graduate of Harvard Business School, he is not a successful business man and has never owned a business, he is not a business professor, he was told to stay off the radio by a Captain during FTAA and accepted it, Timoney got him hooked up with the Justice Department and sent him all over as his mentor, without Timoney he would never have been Deputy Chief.

He could not stay in Miami because Regalado promised the FOP he would be out. No amount of politics, which he did try, was going to say his job.

If you want truth, fairness, and justice he isnt the way to go. If you want the managers yes man and people like you who have a problem with facts he is your man

10-12-2010, 01:45 PM
who cares what you two say, he isn't coiming to the Gables, the is coming from outside south florida

10-12-2010, 04:31 PM
FF is also working on the cure for cancer and has developed a plan to stop world hunger. Wow with all his qualifications why would he want to come to the Gables?

10-12-2010, 09:07 PM
FF is also working on the cure for cancer and has developed a plan to stop world hunger. Wow with all his qualifications why would he want to come to the Gables?

Maybe he can cure Delvalle from being an a--hole, Silverio from being a sl-t and shrink Hudak's head.

10-13-2010, 01:52 AM
FF is not a graduate of Harvard Business School, he is not a successful business man and has never owned a business, he is not a business professor, he was told to stay off the radio by a Captain during FTAA and accepted it, Timoney got him hooked up with the Justice Department and sent him all over as his mentor, without Timoney he would never have been Deputy Chief.

He could not stay in Miami because Regalado promised the FOP he would be out. No amount of politics, which he did try, was going to say his job.

If you want truth, fairness, and justice he isnt the way to go. If you want the managers yes man and people like you who have a problem with facts he is your man

You ignorance is clear, you are an idiot with little knowledge of facts. You are a rumor mill with very little substance. FF is a graduate of the Havard School of Business, the National FBI Academy and more. He is a sucessfull businessman and has been for some time. He is currently a Business Professor. He took over a Field Force during the FTAA because the Major in charge of the Field Force choked and was relieved of that command. He works with Justice Department based on his qualifications. Read Timoney's book and learn why he became the Deputy Chief.

Talk about playing politics "Regalado promised the FOP he would be out" sounds like a violation of the City Charter and a violation of the law between the Mayor and the FOP. The City of Miami operates under a manager form of management, the Mayor can not get anyone out unless he violates the charter. But here you are right, that was the politics they played and Regalado gave you a 12% pay cut, changed your multiplier and raised your points. Took away holidays, uniform allowances, special unit pay, annual physicals and most of all took away PRIDE, PROFESSIONALISM and RESPECT. Sounds like you really won this one. Good job! Keep playing politics. If that is how you define truth, fairness and justice now eveyone here understands why we disagree with each other.

Next time do your home work, get your facts and make an educated decision. Your statements are self serving, false and misleading. Is this Regalado?

10-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Which outside chiefs are being considered?

10-13-2010, 04:22 PM
You are a stupid former member of FF's inner circle who tries to portray lies as fact.

FF is a NOT graduate of Harvard Business School, he is not a business man unless you call being a landlord a business man, he is not a business professor and never will be, he was put into his place by a captain on the radio during FTAA because he was screwing things. Timoney got him his job at Justice and he was promoted because that is what Timoney does; picks a young commander and promotes him over several others to deputy chief so that that young man is beholden to him and will do whatever he says. It worked perfectly. At least it worked for Timoney, once he was forced out FF had to go or be demoted back to Lt.

You are right that Regalado may have violated the charter. But the city manager works for Mayor, not the commission, and takes his orders from the Mayor. Regalado made very public statements that Timoney was gone. Once Timoney was gone so was FF. FF did attempt to save himself by reaching out to the african-american community and eventually Regalado but no one would talk to him because of his prior arrogant behavior.

He is a super star in his and your mind only.

10-13-2010, 06:10 PM
You are forgetting that it was Cannon who made decision during the demostration not FF

10-13-2010, 07:28 PM
to hell with this FF topic, les talk about E.H. screwing with P.T. about doing his job. I guess its a crime to arrest a city employee

10-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Say what you want about PT being crazy. He's a 43, but a good cop. That was a good 39 he made. That chick was way out of line that night and lied about the whole thing.

10-13-2010, 11:16 PM
true on all points, will she be canned? I hope so, PT for FOP prez!
:mrgreen:

10-14-2010, 03:03 AM
You are a stupid former member of FF's inner circle who tries to portray lies as fact.

FF is a NOT graduate of Harvard Business School, he is not a business man unless you call being a landlord a business man, he is not a business professor and never will be, he was put into his place by a captain on the radio during FTAA because he was screwing things. Timoney got him his job at Justice and he was promoted because that is what Timoney does; picks a young commander and promotes him over several others to deputy chief so that that young man is beholden to him and will do whatever he says. It worked perfectly. At least it worked for Timoney, once he was forced out FF had to go or be demoted back to Lt.

You are right that Regalado may have violated the charter. But the city manager works for Mayor, not the commission, and takes his orders from the Mayor. Regalado made very public statements that Timoney was gone. Once Timoney was gone so was FF. FF did attempt to save himself by reaching out to the african-american community and eventually Regalado but no one would talk to him because of his prior arrogant behavior.

He is a super star in his and your mind only.

Clearly, you are part of TC's cheerleader squad. You continue to bring up a radio incident which is what you consider a "claim to fame". An emotional outbust on a police radio is nothing to brag about. FF met weekly with command staff for 8 months prior to FTAA. He instructed, directed and set rules of engagement. Those that attended included your captain and he tooks orders as instructed.

Once again, since you don't know and want to claim you have FACTS, FF is a gradute of the Harvard Business School, he is a successful business man and a current business professor. A job with the justice department recommending policies changes requires you have very high qualifications and an impecable background. That would be the first thing attacked in court. He got the job on his own and because of his qualifications. You simply don't want to except the FACTS because they don't serve your agenda. Do you or your Captain have the qualifications or have the job?

Timoney promoted him because he was qualified, professional, non political and his own MAN. You are upset because he didnt pick someone on your team. Grow up and take your beating.

FF did not attempt to speak to Regalado or anyone else at the City of Miami. He refused to work for Regalado. He chose to retire as a DEPUTY CHIEF of POLICE with an outstanding pension and great benefits NOT like what YOUR Regalado gave you now. He left with his head high and on his own grounds. He never folded to the pressures of the FOP or crooked politicians who even promised him the Chief of Police job if he played their game. He refused!

Timoney also refused to work for Regalado, the City of Miami charter has a protection in place for Police Chiefs that protects them from political pressures. Not the Manager nor the Mayor could fire the Chief without cause. Cause is defined by Florida State Statue
and they would have never gotten him out if he wanted to stay. Specially with a good working relationship with Rundle. The fact Regalado made public statements during campaign made it even easier for him. Timoney just refused to work for him and said early on that when Manny Diaz left he would as well.

But now let me explain to you, your role and how you have been used. On Sunday, there had been 2204 views to this subject on this blog. Armed with your hate and anger you began your imediate "I HATE FF attack" and therefore played right into my hands. You gave me a platform to promote his qualifications, accomplishments and truthful facts that can easily be verified. Look at the couter of views now (2478) and see how many (274) people have read my messages with your help.

So thank you, for doing you part as you have once again been used like a kotex.

The truth is the manager will pick who ever he wants, when he wants.

PS I will let the EH and PT blog continue it is very interesting. So until the next time I need you, once again thanks for all your help. :devil:

10-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Since you brought up FTAA lets bring out the truth. Cannon, Colombo and Rivero planned FTAA, mostly Cannon. FF attended meeting and took credit but he didnt do much more than get in the way. Actually FF was away for much of the planning.

Again FF is not a graduate of Harvard, he is not a business man and is not a business professor. If he is where does he teach business, when did he attend business school and what is the name of his business. Your facts are BS.

He got the job at Justice purely because Timoney has the connections and made the calls, just like he has called our mayor. He was Timoney's yes man who only did as instructed by Timoney. He has never been his own man. He will monitor the wind and then lean that way. By the way he has also met with commissioners from the Gables.

Sorry FF tried to save himself with Regalado. I know that bursts your bubble but it is true. Get over it. If FF doesnt get the job there will be other jobs you can do for him. If not, the UM job isnt that bad is it?

10-14-2010, 09:41 PM
BN give it up. Everyone knows you are trying to get FF the job so he bring you over to CGPD. Enough with the sucking up.

10-16-2010, 08:06 AM
BN give it up. Everyone knows you are trying to get FF the job so he bring you over to CGPD. Enough with the sucking up.

Why don't you grow a pair over the weekend and tell him yourself in person you know where he will be Monday morning come by. I got money says you won't. You will only make your comments hiding behind your computer or BN will kick your as....Like him or not, he has balls and he is stand up. Come by the Ponce Garage 1 st floor Monday mornng at 0800. I dare you!

10-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Well I guess that proves his point that BN is the pro FF writer.

10-17-2010, 05:25 AM
Your guessing is as bad as your info. You are a fool, this is not BN and you are not even close. Keep trying and you might get it before it is over. I will give you a hint. I was closer to you than FF but you did me wrong my friend. I know all your secrets.

Let me set you straight, here are facts eveyone can verify for themselves. Don't believe me go get it and verify it for yourself.

Have you read the Operational Plan for the FTAA? There you will see who is listed as the FTAA Incident Commander. Its public record, go get it, do your home work. Thats right it is FF. Not Capt. Cannon, not Capt. Colombo and not Capt. Rivero. It was Deputy Chief Fernandez. The FTAA planning was accomplished via a Steering Committee established by FF. The Chair of the committee was Deputy Chief Fernandez, not Capt.Cannon, not Capt. Colombo and not Capt. Rivero. FF established sub-committees. Your capts served on those SUB committees. D/C FF met with them twice a week for eight months. He provided vision and direction of how the FTAA would be handled. FF was the Operational Commander for the FTAA. It is listed in all the plans and he represented the City of Miami Police Department infont of the City Commission, the Citizens Review Board (3 hour presentation) and all legal defense because he was the Operational and Incident Commander for the entire FTAA. He was hands on for over 8 months prior, during and long after it was over for your capts.

The sad thing is you and your capts consider the FTAA the pinnacle of your careers. The FTAA was basically an 8 hour incident on the 21 when it got a little interesting. Early in the morning the blk bloc group charged the fence with hooks and ropes and were instantly stopped. Who was in charge of that field force, you got it FF. Not Capt. MC he was MIA. Not Capt. TC he was in overtown with Lt. Alvarez and the bike patrol. Not Capt. DR who knows where he was. You can verify all this is listed in the depositions given, they are public records go get them, do you home work. Its on video, go get it, do your homework.

At SE 3 and Flagler Street, Capt. MC was instructed by FF to go infront of the line of the Field Force and ask the leader of the domostrators what his intentions were. He said, what? and it was the last time Capt MC was seen. FF went and confronted the demostrators leader in bike shorts and a pullover not in the turtle suit Capt MC had on. I think you get the message. FF ran the Field Force from that point because Capt MC was MIA for the rest of the day.

FF is a Business Professor, a graduate of the Harvard Business School and a business man. If you want the info do your home work and go get it.

The only time FF missed an FTAA meeting was when he traveled to Washington DC during the World Banking demostrations. FF, TC, DR, BN, JLG,JB from Broward and RL from Key Biscayne met with Chief Ramsey and evaluated their operation. From there they got the Grid Integrity plan for Intel and the Fence which was being used by Secret Service at the White House which was used at the Inter-Continental Hotel during the FTAA.

There are aspects of the FTAA that TC,DR and MC knew nothing about then and still don't know.

FF took no credit for himself and HE awarded your capts the Medal of Legion Award. I guess it went to their heads. The truth hurts and the only bubble busted here is yours.

Who led the preperation and review of the 23 volumes of the FTAA after action report. Who presented it to the Media, City Commision and Citizens Review Board. You got it, FF. Not Capt. Colombo, Not Capt Rivero and Not Capt Cannon. They were out telling everybody what a great job they did. Talk is cheap!

The only person who tried to save his job with Regalado was TC who went to see CA the VP of the FOP and Pablo Camacho Special Assistant to Regalado and TC ex partner in the street narcotics unit at MPD. It didn't work and he got demoted to Captain again! Do your home work.

MC calls himself an expert in Field Forces (and everything else). Amazing for someone who failed under pressure in the most important moment when it really counts not in the class room. Everyone knows it and laugh behind his back. Give it up, the gig is up people know better.

FF was the youngest and longest tenure Deputy Chief in the history of the Miami Police Department. None of your boys can claim that.

How was the meeting this week with the Major and Commisioner Cabrera? Good luck with that.

So much for your group of super heros.

10-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Sorrybut your history is a bit off there FF cheerleader. FTAA was planned by TC. FF held his weekly meetings and insisted on being the "incident commander" on paper. He also presented a very nice power point at several meetings. Rivero made the power point and FF took credit for that also. Actually several things were kept from his knowledge to prevent him from screwing things up. He had little to do with the preration and activities on the street except to get in the way. When the fence was attacked because FF and MC screwed up allowed the protesters to get too close to the fence. Hollywood PD then used less lethal to drive them away.

If you want to check history you will find FF was going to the FBI for most of the summer that planning took place prior to FTAA and the Plan was in place and actually written prior to the DC trip you refer to.

If you knew any of the captains you would know better than to say they considered FTAA the major accomplishment of their careers. All went on to bigger things. I would say by your comments there is a great deal of envy of they accomplished without politics and butt licking.

Finally, FF is not a graduate of Harvard Business School. That is a lie. He attended coures at SMIP like every senior staff member at MPD. He is not a business professor, he has a degree from Nova in Public Admistration. So let it go and stop spreading lies about FF.
The only person that went to Regalado was FF. TC is not politcal and never was Commacho's partner and Carlos Avila was trying to make Orosa chief. So don't try to discredit him in your defense of the "boy wonder"

FF was the youngest and longest serving DC for one simple reason, Timoney. Without Timoney he wouldn't have become a major because he can't lead. He was Timoney's boy who was used by Timoney and whose career in law enforcemnt is over because Timoney did a poor job of control FF's ego and lame brain ideas.

By the way FF also put himself in for and recieved the Legion of Merit. His typical ego.

10-18-2010, 03:18 AM
Sorrybut your history is a bit off there FF cheerleader. FTAA was planned by TC. FF held his weekly meetings and insisted on being the "incident commander" on paper. He also presented a very nice power point at several meetings. Rivero made the power point and FF took credit for that also. Actually several things were kept from his knowledge to prevent him from screwing things up. He had little to do with the preration and activities on the street except to get in the way. When the fence was attacked because FF and MC screwed up allowed the protesters to get too close to the fence. Hollywood PD then used less lethal to drive them away.

If you want to check history you will find FF was going to the FBI for most of the summer that planning took place prior to FTAA and the Plan was in place and actually written prior to the DC trip you refer to.

If you knew any of the captains you would know better than to say they considered FTAA the major accomplishment of their careers. All went on to bigger things. I would say by your comments there is a great deal of envy of they accomplished without politics and butt licking.

Finally, FF is not a graduate of Harvard Business School. That is a lie. He attended coures at SMIP like every senior staff member at MPD. He is not a business professor, he has a degree from Nova in Public Admistration. So let it go and stop spreading lies about FF.
The only person that went to Regalado was FF. TC is not politcal and never was Commacho's partner and Carlos Avila was trying to make Orosa chief. So don't try to discredit him in your defense of the "boy wonder"

FF was the youngest and longest serving DC for one simple reason, Timoney. Without Timoney he wouldn't have become a major because he can't lead. He was Timoney's boy who was used by Timoney and whose career in law enforcemnt is over because Timoney did a poor job of control FF's ego and lame brain ideas.

By the way FF also put himself in for and recieved the Legion of Merit. His typical ego.

Last clue, if you take some letters from my name you will name a famous candy. I am closer to you than you think. This will be my last post. I would love to continue to correct you and your false, misleading and self serving comments but it is not fair to the men and women of CGPD to take over their site this way so see you when it’s all said and done.

First, let’s unmask you so everyone knows who you are and why you do what you do.

You are current City of Miami Police Sergeant; you were TC administrative assistant during the FTAA. His biggest cheerleader and you worked on the road closure plans during FTAA which obviously you believe was the FTAA street activities plan. You attend FTAA meetings but were ask to leave when your portion was done and therefore have a limited understanding of the entire plan and details. The FTAA is the biggest thing you have ever worked since you spent most you career on top of a horse in mounted patrol. Clearly demonstrated by you fixation on the FTAA. After the FTAA TC took you to SIS the City’s most elite investigative unit. You had NO investigative experience but you were his do boy, cheerleader and spy. You are CV. You think if he gets the Coral Gables job he will again take you with him to be his do boy, cheerleader and spy.

Your information is corrupt and self serving towards your propaganda agenda of your super hero. At least you have admitted FF was the “Incident Commander”. Once again YOU prove that my information is factual. It will all come out in the wash.

PowerPoint’s were prepared by every subcommittee. FF PowerPoint was prepared by TU his Ex/Asst and computer wiz. Not by DR as you erroneously claim. FF reviewed and approved every PowerPoint because he knew they would have to be legally defended. I know that is over your head and beyond your comprehension but try to keep up. Numerous presentations were presented at different venues. At the Inter-Continental theater room one was presented to all participating agencies. Was TC there, did DR prepare that one. At the Port of Miami another PowerPoint presentation was given, was TC there was it DR who prepared that one. Every member of the department was required to attend training put on by SIS and yes there was a PowerPoint presentation there. Was TC there, did DR prepare that one. You are trying to portray that TC was the savior of the FTAA and ran and planned everything. Face it you had a limited role you were an aide. For your information DR was the sub-committee person for Intelligence. His PowerPoint presentation was prepared by JJF, BN & JLG from SIS Intel you don’t know what you are talking about. Do your homework.

FF reviewed, approved and participated in every aspect of the FTAA including street closure and activities. I know you worked hard on you little maps but face it you played a limited part. The information of the Fence attack was received and given by SIS days prior to it happening. They provided date, time and location of the attack. Do you expect anyone to believe the FF was not there when that happened? Please these people have brains. Read the transcripts of the depositions, they are public records, do your homework. Part of the plan was developed by FF the day prior to the fence incident at a meeting. Officers on Cherry Pickers with less lethal and yes, he approved those actions; which included for legal reason “Sight and sound” to allow them to go up to the fence which was an area open to the public. TC was present at that meeting you were not. Your knowledge is limited; this was a legal defense move approved by City Legal GW. Read the depositions, they are public records, do your homework, funny how you threw MC under the bus on that one. Truth is he wasn't there. Anything to promote your boy.

Anyone with a little knowledge of event planning knows that Operational Plans are “Intelligence Driven” therefore your attempt to convince anyone that TC or you had the plan ready 8 months before the event is insulting to anyone with a brain. They are referred to as “Living books” They are constantly changing based on new information. The Miami Police department SIS intelligence unit began gathering intelligence 1 year prior to the FTAA and briefed staff twice daily as the event date arrived you were not there and your knowledge is limited. The plans changed based on Intelligence. SIS briefed the Chief, Staff and other agency director’s twice daily and projected daily events. The large portion of the plans changed after the DC visit. You may be referring to road closures which is your “claim to fame” in special events but that was a limited area of the entire event and those even changed based on Intel. Face it you were a high paid secretary with limited knowledge and role in the FTAA.

I know all the captains and respect most. I don’t envy them and wish them well. I simply support FF and respond to your non factual information so that everyone sees the entire picture, not your snap shots, of your version of your movies with your Role Players. In life there are role players and key players. FF is a key player. You are a role player. The truth is you are a TC cheerleader and are only including the other two to muster their support for TC. Yes, DR went on to bigger and better things, good for him, TC was demoted and MC ran out after hearing his head was on the chopping block for playing politics and back stabbing. The only butt licking and politicking going on here is TC with FOP at the Gables and you trying to make FF look bad. It’s no secret everyone knows.

Once again do your homework, FF is a graduate of the Harvard Business School and also attend many more. He is a Business Professor and he has a degree from NOVA and a MASTERS from another university. It is all listed in his Resume get a copy, its public record, do your homework. The more times you say it is not true the more it will prove you are a liar and the most expose to you TC and your false information.

TC is very political, what do you call what he is doing right now with the FOP? He promised a Major an Asst. Chief position for that support. TC was Camacho’s partner in the Street Narcotics Unit. He doesn’t want to admit it because Camacho was convicted for killing Mercado. He was seeking support to be Chief at MPD through the FOP but it did not go his way because Exposito out maneuvered him.

I guess it swings both ways, without FF, TC would have never been a Major or an Asst Chief. Because it was FF who promoted him or are you going to say it was Timoney which would then make you a victim to your own statement. Leadership, please CID was a disaster when TC had it and SIS was a clique with you, MC, DD and others. Didn’t he take you to SIS without any investigative experience, how is that leadership? What message did it send? This one hits home Mr. Writer doesn’t it.

FF did not put himself in for Legion of Merit nor did he receive it. It is not listed in his records nor is it listed in his resume. You know because you were present at the award ceremony. Sgt. Bilberry put in FF and JT for the Legion of Merit Award as a sign of good gesture. FF and JT did not know about it and at the award ceremony the PIO commander made an announcement that there was a “Special award” for the Legion of Merit for FF & JT. They both thanked everyone but told them it was not proper for them to receive an award and they did NOT receive the Legion of Merit Award. That is what you call “His typical ego”. Good leaders award and recognize their people when thing go right and take responsibilities when things go wrong. Do your homework you are a hater who spreads bad rumors to promote your boy and your agenda.

However, I will tell you what award FF did get. The Gary P Hayes award one of the most prestigious “Leadership” awards in the country. Do your home work and Google it because I know it’s above your head. Did TC or you receive that? No, I didn’t think so.

You always have been, are and will continue to be a do boy, TC Cheerleader!

Remember Apples for the horse.

PS the little red line under the words means they are not spelled correctly.

Stay safe, I still care for you, just disagree.

10-18-2010, 04:14 PM
You City of Miami guys need to get off this forum. It is getting ridiculous to read your banter back and forth. Go blow smoke on the MPD site!

10-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Almost evrything you have written regarding FTAA and FF role is false. He was not responsible for the plans, power points, etc. Nothing. Everyone knows who did FTAA and it wasnt FF. Your failure to comprehend what is written is why you can't keep a job since you left MPD, no said the plans were written 8 months prior to the DC trip. The plans were actually being printed and prepared for distribution while you were in DC with FF. FF was an obstruction to getting things done because of his usual micro-management and lack of experience. It is a crime he tries to take credit for it and you continue to lie about his involvement. You are obviously obessed with FTAA.

FF did not graduate from Harvard, did not attend Harvard, and does not teach business any where.

The Hayes Award was awarded by PERF, who controlled PERF, Timoney. With out Timoney there is no FF because no one else would promote him past his civil service rank.

What does TC have to FF's shortcomings? Nothing at at all. Your only purpose is to discredit TC so he isn't a threat to FF becoming chief. Neither TC or FF is going to the Gables so you can stop the attempt at smear campaign. TC retired as an Asst Chief. He is the most non-political person that reached the rank of chief. You are a complete fool if you think he reached out to Regalado or anyone for assistance. He was told he would be demoted and he left as Asst. Chief. Just as FF, Timoney and Burden left. Again, get your facts straight.

TC was not Camacho's partner, never was, Comacho was partners with Watson. Cannon and Hames, he and Gunnells, he and Baez, he and Saavedra, never Cammacho. Check your facts, TC wasnt in Street Narcotics when Mercado was killed.

You are correct, Timoney promoted TC. Timoney sent him to SIS and CID. FF didnt want TC as an equal because he was threatened so he had Timoney make him "Chief of Operations". TC did improved both SIS, by throwing you out, and CIS by throwing out some of the lazy scum. CID never worked so well and people were happy. And FOD and CID hadnt worked that closely in ten years. Get you facts straight.

Like a typical FF cheerleader you have chosen to attack someone because he merely applied for the same job as your hero.

You really need to give it up. You have continued to make up baseless assertions about FF that just arent true. Let it go, if FF can convince enough commissioners to give him the jobthen you can get a position as his driver or something. But the lies glorifying him are really getting old. But of course you never had a problem with facts getting in the way of good lie did you.

10-18-2010, 08:00 PM
ff didnt know much about ftaa but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express

10-18-2010, 11:08 PM
87% vote of no confidence is all you need to know about FF

10-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Almost evrything you have written regarding FTAA and FF role is false. He was not responsible for the plans, power points, etc. Nothing. Everyone knows who did FTAA and it wasnt FF. Your failure to comprehend what is written is why you can't keep a job since you left MPD, no said the plans were written 8 months prior to the DC trip. The plans were actually being printed and prepared for distribution while you were in DC with FF. FF was an obstruction to getting things done because of his usual micro-management and lack of experience. It is a crime he tries to take credit for it and you continue to lie about his involvement. You are obviously obessed with FTAA.

FF did not graduate from Harvard, did not attend Harvard, and does not teach business any where.

The Hayes Award was awarded by PERF, who controlled PERF, Timoney. With out Timoney there is no FF because no one else would promote him past his civil service rank.

What does TC have to FF's shortcomings? Nothing at at all. Your only purpose is to discredit TC so he isn't a threat to FF becoming chief. Neither TC or FF is going to the Gables so you can stop the attempt at smear campaign. TC retired as an Asst Chief. He is the most non-political person that reached the rank of chief. You are a complete fool if you think he reached out to Regalado or anyone for assistance. He was told he would be demoted and he left as Asst. Chief. Just as FF, Timoney and Burden left. Again, get your facts straight.

TC was not Camacho's partner, never was, Comacho was partners with Watson. Cannon and Hames, he and Gunnells, he and Baez, he and Saavedra, never Cammacho. Check your facts, TC wasnt in Street Narcotics when Mercado was killed.

You are correct, Timoney promoted TC. Timoney sent him to SIS and CID. FF didnt want TC as an equal because he was threatened so he had Timoney make him "Chief of Operations". TC did improved both SIS, by throwing you out, and CIS by throwing out some of the lazy scum. CID never worked so well and people were happy. And FOD and CID hadnt worked that closely in ten years. Get you facts straight.

Like a typical FF cheerleader you have chosen to attack someone because he merely applied for the same job as your hero.

You really need to give it up. You have continued to make up baseless assertions about FF that just arent true. Let it go, if FF can convince enough commissioners to give him the jobthen you can get a position as his driver or something. But the lies glorifying him are really getting old. But of course you never had a problem with facts getting in the way of good lie did you.

I guess the previous writer got your goat, or should we say horse. You sound angry. I do beileve you began the bad mouthing fest. Both of you give it up and go back to the city site. The new Chief will come from out of state. You can bet on it.

10-19-2010, 07:25 PM
87% No Confidence..

10-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Now BN wants to attack Valdez. Valdez never bothered anyone. Yeah you were tranferred you out of SIS and he came in but dont take it out on him. But FF took care of you and now you can cheer for him. LOL, you guys are pathetic.

10-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Who cares what a pissant like BN thinks? He can't even ride his bike through Pinecrest without getting into trouble . . . the fact is that FF won't be Chief and he knows it. Better candidates have applied and FF isn't even in the running.

10-20-2010, 08:19 PM
FF, TC, BN, DD, DR, MCx2, RN, xyz....geez, what kind of aphabet orgy is this? One thing for sure some one is FB...Fernandez' B--ch.

10-21-2010, 12:53 PM
LOL, good one! :snicker:

FF, TC, BN, DD, DR, MCx2, RN, xyz....geez, what kind of aphabet orgy is this? One thing for sure some one is FB...Fernandez' B--ch.

10-22-2010, 12:57 AM
The Chief will be RP in December.

10-22-2010, 08:33 PM
we dont need a chief, we havent had one for a long time and we are doing just fine. well, except for having an a hole like hudak for major.

The Chief will be RP in December.

10-27-2010, 12:19 AM
FF has withdrawn from the process

10-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Verified FF withrew from the process CN from MBPD is saying he is going to be the new Chief at CGPD. He has talked to people openly about it. He has anounced he is leaving the DROP at MBPD in Dec 2010 just days after RN is gone.

10-30-2010, 02:47 AM
Verified FF withrew from the process CN from MBPD is saying he is going to be the new Chief at CGPD. He has talked to people openly about it. He has anounced he is leaving the DROP at MBPD in Dec 2010 just days after RN is gone.

You lucky Mo-fos..if you get him, ur lucky Mo-fos
He likes cops that have pro-family values
So if your a Family guy, he will take care of you.

You guys wont know what to do with a guy who cares about cops like "investments" and "family".
WOW, I'm impressed, Dont get me wrong he cares about image. But so does every other chief.

Good for you guys! I know the beach will miss him minus like two cops who talk trash about every one.

He wont hurt you, any one Disco? he loves Disco ! boogie woogie nights....... :D
No seriously he is an ANTI-prick.... he honestly cares about his cops, he has a heart condition to prove it. ( Stresssssss).
I will be suprised if you get him................ good guys finish last most times.
Hes very smart so dont try to bull shit him..... He hates Bullshiters or those who have big egos or those who are always trying to stir the pot and cause drama.

good luck

10-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Carlos isnt going to the Gables, neither Fernandez or Cannon.

11-02-2010, 02:25 AM

You lucky Mo-fos..if you get him, ur lucky Mo-fos
He likes cops that have pro-family values
So if your a Family guy, he will take care of you.

You guys wont know what to do with a guy who cares about cops like "investments" and "family".
WOW, I'm impressed, Dont get me wrong he cares about image. But so does every other chief.

Good for you guys! I know the beach will miss him minus like two cops who talk trash about every one.

He wont hurt you, any one Disco? he loves Disco ! boogie woogie nights....... :D
No seriously he is an ANTI-prick.... he honestly cares about his cops, he has a heart condition to prove it. ( Stresssssss).
I will be suprised if you get him................ good guys finish last most times.
Hes very smart so dont try to bull shizzat him..... He hates Bullshiters or those who have big egos or those who are always trying to stir the pot and cause drama.

good luck

CN is a nice guy but trust me he is no Police Chief. I have never seen morale so low in MBPD. Crime is out of control and his staff is on the buddy system. We pay more into our pension than any other PD in Dade and our off duty rates are not what he promised. He promises eveything and does nothing. The white OBAMA. As far as only a couple of guys talking bad about him just ask anyone here. You will get the same from everyone, what a disappointment. Good luck is right.

11-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Obviously this is coming from one of the two guys in his dept that he has slammed and knocked off their ivory towers. To set the record straight violent crime has been down significantly since he took over. Unprecedented major events like back to back pro bowl super bowl, memorial day spring break etc have been handled seamlessly without incident. He has raised the bar in almost every area of the dept including flagship accreditation for the agency. Unlike most chiefs he not only worked the streets for the for a good part of his career but lost a partner will spending 6 years in narcotics. In addition he received the prestigious officer of the year award early in his career. Have you idiot? Finally he has done more to try and recognize his troops and raise moral, which is up, then any other chief has. Let's not forget the 50 man team he sent to Washington for inauguration. Guess you weren't picked for that either huh? Case closed.

11-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Who is CN

11-02-2010, 10:02 PM
your mama :devil:

11-03-2010, 02:58 AM
^above poster. ASSHOLE!

CN = MBPD Chief Carlos Noriega

11-04-2010, 03:03 AM
Obviously this is coming from one of the two guys in his dept that he has slammed and knocked off their ivory towers. To set the record straight violent crime has been down significantly since he took over. Unprecedented major events like back to back pro bowl super bowl, memorial day spring break etc have been handled seamlessly without incident. He has raised the bar in almost every area of the dept including flagship accreditation for the agency. Unlike most chiefs he not only worked the streets for the for a good part of his career but lost a partner will spending 6 years in narcotics. In addition he received the prestigious officer of the year award early in his career. Have you idiot? Finally he has done more to try and recognize his troops and raise moral, which is up, then any other chief has. Let's not forget the 50 man team he sent to Washington for inauguration. Guess you weren't picked for that either huh? Case closed.

Go to our MBPD Leo Affairs site and read. Those two guys must be very busy and morale is lower than ever. The special events have been covered by other agencies like FHP because we refused to work them. Crime is the highest ever. We have all lost partners because we are one and we all worked the streets. Go play your disco shizzzt somewhere else. CN is a nice guy but not a good Chief. Many local police departments sent people to the Presidential inaguaration not just MBPD so what is the big deal? I was not picked and would not have gone to stand on a post in the streets at 15 degrees to claim that i did it. Working narcotics in South Florida is nothing to brag about and your right i dont have 1 officer of the year awards but I do have several. Knocking people off ivory towers, isn't he the person giving a $100,000 a year job to a retiring friend who helped get the cameras in the IA interview rooms. Is his son given unristricted access to the police department to sell for his private company GREAT example for a Chief. Are officers being asked for more and more stats and swing shifts put in place. Do we contribute more to our pension than any other PD. What happen with the GAY issues in the department, did he fold to the ACLU? You are full of Shizzz and please "lost a partner will spending 6 years in narcotics" "WILL" I think you want "WHILE" go get your GED. The case was just opened, get ready, let's play.

11-06-2010, 09:37 PM

CN, notice I did not preface it with chief, is the biggest dissapointment to hit MBPD. We really thought he was going to be great and instead turned out to be in my 25 year experience the worst chief. Afraid of his own shadow when it comes to making decisions. Has destroyed morale in our department and things are at a all time low, except for crime, which is at an all time high. He is vindictive and has been associated with questionable characters (just google his pal nevin shapiro). The only thing higher than our crime rate is the number of honorary badges hes has given out. His civilian pal has keycard access to our building. I have seen it with my own two eyes. He preaches ethics yet lets his son pressure people into buying insurance and investments as he peddles his wares inside the station. Kiss your career goodbye if you turn him don't buy from him. Like the other post said, just read our LEOAFFAIRS forum and you will find dozens of reasons why you do not want him as your chief. He put the final nail on our coffin, don't let him do it to yours

11-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Obviously the two idiots the chief has slammed have found their way onto our leo affairs website. Since they both have their own agendas they dont wont to delve into the truth and real facts. Both of them have listed a whole series of lies. Lets start with violent crime that has been down significantly for the last 3 years. Just check the FDLE website. CN has tackled the ACLU on various occasions especially on memorial day weekends. Just ask our officers who were assigned to Miami Beach that weekend and were present for the chiefs roll calls. As far as the cameras in IA it was CN who had them removed and the previous chief who had them installed. Just refer to the miami herald for that article and info. i would encourage any of our own to reach out to their contacts on MB and ask about this chief if you have any questions about him. I know i did and got the real facts from several reputable officers there. Chances are our guys would never associate with the guys writing these previous posts or any of their cronies. These guys are so ridiculous they want to blame decision that are made by the city manger on the chief like off duty and pension changes. CN has a reputation of defending his troops, fighting for their rights, and promoting the organization. Even with a so called questionable character like N Shapiro everyone knows that was the previous chiefs boy not CNs. Why don't some of you characters show up to one of our FOP meetings and speak your peace. If not go play with yourselves stay off our website and we will gladly take your chief. Do use a favor continue trying to poison your organization not ours.

11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Carlos isnt going to Gables, Fernandez is back in.

11-09-2010, 03:57 AM

We might be better off without a chief!!

11-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Obviously the two idiots the chief has slammed have found their way onto our leo affairs website. Both of them have listed a whole series of lies. Lets start with violent crime that has been down significantly for the last 3 years. Just check the FDLE website. As far as the cameras in IA it was CN who had them removed and the previous chief who had them installed. Just refer to the miami herald for that article and info.

Great response. It is about time that people look at the facts instead of just talking crap.

So I looked at the facts.
2008 crime stats from FDLE website. MB crime UP 3.7%, CG crime DOWN .8%, Sunny Isles crime DOWN 1%.

2009 crime stats from FDLE website. MB crime UP 1.5%, CG crime DOWN 4.7%, Sunny Isles crime DOWN 20.5%.

2010 crime stats from FDLE website. MB crime UP 10.7%, CG crime DOWN 8.5%, Sunny Isles crime DOWN 18.9%.

Beginning to see a pattern?

As for the cameras, there are two theories.

1) The cameras were installed in the Internal Affairs office to record officers illegally and the chief knew about it.

2) The cameras were installed in the Internal Affairs office to record officers illegally and the chief did not know about it.

If you go with theory one, the chief is a sneak. If you go with theory 2, the chief is clueless about the unit that works directly for him. In either case, he just let the involved IA captain retire and come back as a civiian in the property room.

I rest my case. Good luck if you get him, you will need it.

11-10-2010, 01:22 PM
He got an offer from Sunny Isles , he would not hurt the gables guys .. the beach is Fuk ed with the in house Hitler we are getting...

11-11-2010, 06:50 PM

CN has openly told people the manager gave him the job but told him to keep it quiet. He wants it to be a surprise and the FOP would attack any outside appointment. CN cant help it and has told everyone. The poster is trying to take the attention away from CN and pointing you elsewhere. CN will be you biggest disappointment ever, look what he did to us. According to CN two guys from UMPD are pushing for him JT & MC. They are bad mouthing all the insiders. JT worked with CN at MBPD and MC is best friends with RM the #2 at MBPD, he worked for him at MPD.

ED,MG,SM,JM and RP they smile to your face and stab you in the back, good luck.

11-15-2010, 01:00 AM
Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen,
Whomever is awarded the position of new chief will follow the procession of useless chiefs from Skinner and Hammersuck. While Coral Gables use to have the label of the finest, unfortunately, a few losers have managed to obtain power and taint the rest. Therefore, a strong chief is needed to clean house, but while politics are in play, you will only get a puppet whose strings will be pulled from the manipulators. Woe to you, if Hudat, Assington, or McIckle were given power. What the dept needs to do is clean house. Get rid of officers who enjoy stabbing other officers in the back, or accusing them of crimes, so that they can continue with their own criminal activity or get a rid of a reputable sgt , so that they can inherit the position out of greed. This sgt and Lt knows who they are. Certain officers get away with murder, while others get trumped charges on them. As soon as an officer falls, the piranhas jump on him and tear them apart. Check with IA, as to how many clean officers have been screwed and how many dirty officers have been cleared. Remember these deeds, don't forget them, because what was once done will be done again and all this under the all mighty mantra of one way attitudes taking care of yourself, even it means to f^^k others. Coral Gables once a department of camaraderie, true blue code and honesty has been over run by power hungry animals and backstabbing administrators. And they know who they are. So it really doesn't matter who you get as chief, the disease has spread with prior useless chiefs, and current useless majors and lts, along with some officers who follow them blindly in order to get a piece of the pie. Those officers who still have integrity and do not have a tarnished badge - my prayers go out to you. God Bless!!!!!

11-15-2010, 02:38 AM
Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen,
Whomever is awarded the position of new chief will follow the procession of useless chiefs from Skinner and Hammersuck. While Coral Gables use to have the label of the finest, unfortunately, a few losers have managed to obtain power and taint the rest. Therefore, a strong chief is needed to clean house, but while politics are in play, you will only get a puppet whose strings will be pulled from the manipulators. Woe to you, if Hudat, Assington, or McIckle were given power. What the dept needs to do is clean house. Get rid of officers who enjoy stabbing other officers in the back, or accusing them of crimes, so that they can continue with their own criminal activity or get a rid of a reputable sgt , so that they can inherit the position out of greed. This sgt and Lt knows who they are. Certain officers get away with murder, while others get trumped charges on them. As soon as an officer falls, the piranhas jump on him and tear them apart. Check with IA, as to how many clean officers have been screwed and how many dirty officers have been cleared. Remember these deeds, don't forget them, because what was once done will be done again and all this under the all mighty mantra of one way attitudes taking care of yourself, even it means to f^^k others. Coral Gables once a department of camaraderie, true blue code and honesty has been over run by power hungry animals and backstabbing administrators. And they know who they are. So it really doesn't matter who you get as chief, the disease has spread with prior useless chiefs, and current useless majors and lts, along with some officers who follow them blindly in order to get a piece of the pie. Those officers who still have integrity and do not have a tarnished badge - my prayers go out to you. God Bless!!!!!

Awesome post. Couldnt have said it better. Nice job!!!

11-15-2010, 04:22 AM
Someone from the outside needs to take over the Coral Gables Police Department when Chief Naue leaves. There are far too many officers who are in need of much closer supervision than is currently being administered. I have had the opportunity to speak with the elected officials at City Hall and they agree.

11-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Someone from the outside needs to take over the Coral Gables Police Department when Chief Naue leaves. There are far too many officers who are in need of much closer supervision than is currently being administered. I have had the opportunity to speak with the elected officials at City Hall and they agree.
Why don't you put in for it since you seem to know everything there is to know and obviously need a job

11-15-2010, 10:05 PM
So CN got the job but was told to keep it quiet, but he told you so you could post it here. Right.

11-16-2010, 03:35 AM
So CN got the job but was told to keep it quiet, but he told you so you could post it here. Right.

No he told RM at Miami Beach his assistant chief, MC at UMPD and RM best friend and JT of UMPD CN friend and like policemen they can't keep their mouth closed. CN is politically connected through RM and Rodney Barretto and have pulled many strings to make this happen because it will leave RM as Chief in MBPD. But a surprise will get eveyone running for cover soon, get the picture, RIGHT! :devil:

11-16-2010, 05:34 PM
wow, the losers from Miami Beach are relentless. I found out from a source who they are. A sergeant who was promoted politically by skipping ranks and then slammed by the chief, who had him demoted and transferred to the Fire Department. His buddy, the former PIO who told everyone that he was going to move up the ranks ths same way before the chief had him transferred to the streets. finally, a former FOP President who was promoted to sergeant by going several spots over on a promotional list to get made. what a great group of LEO Affairs cowards to talk about the chief. Go away!!!!!

11-18-2010, 03:31 AM
I may be mistaken, but I thought that Miami Beach had their very own discussion thread on the LEO Affairs web site. Hey if you want to air out your dirty laundry, go to your own site (we have are own problems to discuss here).

11-19-2010, 10:16 PM
I may be mistaken, but I thought that Miami Beach had their very own discussion thread on the LEO Affairs web site. Hey if you want to air out your dirty laundry, go to your own site (we have are own problems to discuss here).

u idiot they are here because their Chief CN is saying he is going to be th CGPD Chief and they want to let you know his history.

11-25-2010, 01:06 AM
I have heard from a few Beach guys that CN sux. And he hangs out with two ex-cons that have been 39'd for impersonating a PO. Morale is at an all time low and that he is bringing some civilian with him that is currently a Major (did not understand how it works over there. But I guess u don't have to be a cop to be a Major) sounds like a National search would not be a bad idea.

11-25-2010, 02:57 PM
If u want a chief that worked patrol more than 2 years. Was a Patrol Sergeant, lieutenant, Captain for at least a day, then CN is not ur man.

11-25-2010, 06:45 PM
I have never in my life witnessed such a compilation of gossip and slander. If you people really are Coral Gables Officers I will do my best to find out who you are and recommend that you are removed from the Police Force. You behavior is shameful.

11-25-2010, 10:06 PM
I have never in my life witnessed such a compilation of gossip and slander. If you people really are Coral Gables Officers I will do my best to find out who you are and recommend that you are removed from the Police Force. You behavior is shameful.

Pat Salernos behavior and what he has done to the CGPD is shameful and I'm sick of this crap!

11-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Morima,

You need your turkey stuffed!

Come' piNga!

11-26-2010, 11:58 PM

Nobody is twisting your arm to read this column. This is for police personnel not nosey hags, so why don't you find your way out. In just for the record, I have noticed you seem to enjoying throwing in your useless two cents.

11-27-2010, 12:04 AM

I don't know if you are a female or male, but you really are a piece of work. Whoever you are, you must enjoy misery because you seem to go out of your way to become involve in something that does not concern you. You must be a very lonely and miserable person with nothing of importance to do, or maybe you are an escaped mental patient. Hmmm, things to ponder, how many crazies are in the Gables that are not in uniform. By the way are you related to Brown> :evil:

11-27-2010, 09:55 PM
CN will be the worse thing for CGPD just look at what he did to us here at MBPD. I am sorry for you guys but I am happy he is out of here. maybe now we will have a real Chief.

11-27-2010, 10:01 PM
From Leo Affiars MBPD:

Ladies and Gentlemen. It is quite obvious by now the Chief does not care if his two associates, shady as they are, have access to the Police Department. There are other Brass and Officers that buddy around with these two guys.

1st-if the Chief or Brass were concerned with professional appearance of not having these two have access to the station or Police related activties, they would ask them both not to. Their private lives is just that, private. If they want to affiliate with them on a non-professional capacity, more power to them. (for years now, the two, felons or not. shady or not, still are welcomed into OUR Professional capacity. meaning Chief or Brass don't care or choose our disgruntleness over asking them to stop).

2nd-if the two felons/or shady characters are such close friends with the Chief or Brass, you would think they would cease such close affiliation when it comes to Professional relations and stick with it on a private level. It's not about hating on you 2 guys, but what counts more. If you don't care if your friend, the Chief, is seperated further negatively from his department, then keep doing what you are doing. If you do care about your close friend, the chief, then think about him and step back a little on your own and be friends with him on private time, and stop brining his already tarnished reputation lower by being in his Professional time (police functions/at the station/etc)Guest

11-29-2010, 02:31 AM
Crime on Miami Beach was up nearly 11 percent during the first six months of the year, according to a recently released report of statewide crime statistics.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Semi-Annual Uniform Crime Report shows that Miami Beach dealt with more than 4,900 reported crimes during the first half of the year -- the highest number between January and June since 2004.

An analysis of the agency's report, along with semi-annual reports of previous years, shows that during the first half of 2010:

• Miami Beach police investigated six homicides -- the most in 11 years.

• Property crimes such as burglaries reached the highest number in six years.

• Violent crimes increased to their highest level since 2007.

• The 31 rapes reported were the most since 2006.

• Reports of larcenies -- minor property crimes that Police Chief Carlos Noriega has dubbed his department's ``Achilles' Heel'' -- were the highest since 2003.

Meanwhile, FDLE reports show the 4,925 arrests during the first half of the year are the fewest since 2006.

Noriega said Thursday that the numbers in the report reflect an intense first half of the year that, along with the usual major events such as Memorial Day, also saw a two-week period during which the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl came to town.

``Even though the six months were high, it was the busiest period I've seen in my 27-year career,'' he said.

Department statistics show that crime dropped since June.

As of Aug. 31, murders, rapes, robberies and car thefts are at the same level or lower than the same crimes committed during the same time period last year. Burglaries, aggravated assaults and larcenies remained high.

Violent crimes between January and the end of August fell slightly below the same time period last year, but overall crime remained up more than six percent.

That continues a trend in which crime has increased slightly in the city every year since Noriega assumed control of the department in 2007, which he attributes to an increase in larcenies.

Speaking to the city's Police Citizen's Relations Committee Tuesday, Noriega said the rising number of larcenies hasn't just coincided with his tenure as chief, but also with the souring of the economy and a steadily decreasing police force due to budget constraints.

He said policing the city becomes harder with less resources.

``I'm sure we'd have an impact,'' with more officers, he said. ``But there's no empirical evidence to show that it would have a major impact.''

The state released the report shortly after the city approved a third consecutive police budget that increased in cost but reduced the amount of sworn officers. Police records show that since 2007, the number of budgeted sworn personnel has dropped from 403 to 370.

Civilian support positions have also decreased in the same three-year period.

But as staffing has dropped the last three years, the department's budget has increased, which Noriega says is due to costs associated with pensions and wages.

Of the department's $82 million budget submitted this year by Noriega, almost $66 million went to employee costs.

Though crime has curtailed in the last few months, perception remains that it is up.

``Most people feel things are not where they were,'' said Frank Kruszewski, a member of the Citizen's Relations Committee. ``I can't put my finger on why, whether it's the department's fault or just the economy.''

And it's not just residents who feel that way.

Gus Sanchez, a detective in the city's violent crimes division and vice president of the city's police union, said he's surprised the increase this year wasn't higher.

``Do I have the data to prove it? No,'' he said. ``But any reasonable person that sees the increase in homelessness, club activity at night, shootings and craziness that goes on, I think it makes sense to say crime is up more than 10 percent.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com