PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

07-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Hello,
I'm interested in applying for FLPD. I have heard different stories from different people about your department. I want to know what you guys think. Good idea or not?

policedream
07-22-2010, 06:17 PM
FLPD is not a bad department at all.You should go in their website and see what they have to other,Benifits,Salary,.etc..

07-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Hello,
I'm interested in applying for FLPD. I have heard different stories from different people about your department. I want to know what you guys think. Good idea or not?

Wait til the City Mgr and his croonies are gone. I will be the best Dept in Florida again.

07-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Hello,

Wait til the City Mgr and his croonies are gone. I will be the best Dept in Florida again.

Unfortunately, it will take more than a new City Manager and his croonies to change this Dept. The Dept's likes to blame the City Manager and the White Plains Mafia for all their problems (*I am not defending them.). But the reality is the Department's problems are purvasive and the Dept needs a solid restructuring and change in its own management style and behavior. Simple, honest, leadership by example and accountability at all levels would be a great start.

Ask yourself, honestly, who impacts your day to day interactions more: the Dept. Management-- who you come in direct contact with, and who operate on a policy of "now that I have rank I can screw with you. They know it is not right, but they rationalize it under the theory that this is what they did to me-- so I can do it to you" or is it the City Manager who you see on the news but rarely have face to face contact with.

What happened to team work, looking out for your own and the brotherhood.

Thats my rant!

07-24-2010, 03:43 AM
Hello,

Unfortunately, it will take more than a new City Manager and his croonies to change this Dept. The Dept's likes to blame the City Manager and the White Plains Mafia for all their problems (*I am not defending them.). But the reality is the Department's problems are purvasive and the Dept needs a solid restructuring and change in its own management style and behavior. Simple, honest, leadership by example and accountability at all levels would be a great start.

Ask yourself, honestly, who impacts your day to day interactions more: the Dept. Management-- who you come in direct contact with, and who operate on a policy of "now that I have rank I can screw with you. They know it is not right, but they rationalize it under the theory that this is what they did to me-- so I can do it to you" or is it the City Manager who you see on the news but rarely have face to face contact with.

OK. Ill bite. Who should be assigned where to create the situation you desire? Why not also provide examples of who is getting screwed with..especially as revenge. I think you may be full of crap but I am open to listen.

Thats my rant!

07-24-2010, 03:44 AM
Hello,

Thats my rant!

OK. Ill bite. Who should be assigned where to create the situation you desire? Why not also provide examples of who is getting screwed with..especially as revenge. I think you may be full of crap but I am open to listen.

Thats my rant!

07-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Having served there 30 years and comparing it to the may other departments I have been involved with, it is still the best place to work. For the whinners, your problems are in every agency, just go and read their blogs. I would not have traded my career for any other place.

07-29-2010, 05:02 PM
You cant base a career decision on input from a website full of malcontents and phonies - keyboard cops. There are some good here but you have to man up(i know you are a woman) and try it out. Good luck

07-31-2010, 02:06 AM
Yea base it on the BS here.

You cant base a career decision on input from a website full of malcontents and phonies - keyboard cops. There are some good here but you have to man up(i know you are a woman) and try it out. Good luck