PDA

View Full Version : KIND OF A DISGRACE

07-06-2010, 11:27 PM
I left the PD almost 10 years ago and when I left I was proud that I was able to serve and leave with honor. Reading all of these posts is an embarrassment!! Sure there is a new breed of officers now, but isn't police work the same now as it was years ago....Protect, Serve, Make it to retirement without getting killed and being proud of what you stand for. Don't officers look out for one another and keep each other protected and safe. What ever happened to this thing being a "brotherhood".

Honestly I was very sad when I left, but seeing all of these posts, listening and and watching the sworn and non sworn people in this department walking around with daggers has me even more confident that leaving was the best thing. One day each of you will no longer be in law enforcement - what do you want to think back on...how you slandered your brother officers and slung mud for everyone to see OR how your department and the people in it operated as a tight unit and family and how a committed group of officers worked as a team and helped the department get back on track to one of the better ones in the country. The choice really is each and every individuals to make. It's not the Chief, Assistant Chief or Major that makes a department successful, but it is the actions, choices and decisions of each and every individual from the bottom up.

For those of you that remain in this honorable profession - stay safe and know that your efforts will be rewarded one day and people do appreciate you!!
For those of you that choose to slander and bring antagonism to the department - maybe law enforcement isn't for you - I think the sanitation department is hiring.

Good Luck,

07-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks former officer who gives a shit and oh FYI: the sanitation dept WAS hiring, they just got two new hires but they won't be starting work for a couple of years
:snicker:

07-07-2010, 01:25 AM
"...OR how your department and the people in it operated as a tight unit and family and how a committed group of officers worked as a team and helped the department get back on track to one of the better ones in the country. The choice really is each and every individuals to make. It's not the Chief, Assistant Chief or Major that makes a department successful, but it is the actions, choices and decisions of each and every individual from the bottom up. "

Hey 10 years ago........ that's the problem. groups of committed officers. Groups.... not the whole.

10 years ago put us in the Gibbs era. Remember that. Common goal. Common enemy. Common purpose. Leadership from the top down. That is top........ down.

07-10-2010, 11:35 AM
"...OR how your department and the people in it operated as a tight unit and family and how a committed group of officers worked as a team and helped the department get back on track to one of the better ones in the country. The choice really is each and every individuals to make. It's not the Chief, Assistant Chief or Major that makes a department successful, but it is the actions, choices and decisions of each and every individual from the bottom up. "

Hey 10 years ago........ that's the problem. groups of committed officers. Groups.... not the whole.

10 years ago put us in the Gibbs era. Remember that. Common goal. Common enemy. Common purpose. Leadership from the top down. That is top........ down.

Upside - you nailed it. It has been the top - down management with a lacking in leadership that's a problem. It's time for some good leadership.

08-04-2010, 01:47 AM
A Disgrace. Yeah that's me. I'm goin' to prison!