PDA

View Full Version : Hope everyone ( removed by MOD 564 )

06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Post edited by MOD 564 for violations of terms

FORT LAUDERDALE — The part-time cop says the arrested man kept trying to spit on police.

So he put a paper bag over his head.

Now the cop is out of a job.

Investigators concluded part-time reserve Officer John Wezkiewicz's conduct "shed a negative light" on the agency and that he should have used a department-issued protective hood instead of the bag. A hood, they said, would not "be falsely perceived as an attempt to humiliate an individual."

"Poor judgment prevailed concerning his decision to utilize a brown paper bag," Capt. Rick Maglione wrote in his report on the internal affairs investigation.

Wezkiewicz had been a reserve officer for more than 20 years and was assigned to the agency's booking facility, police said. He was terminated last month, and a civilian review board upheld the probe's findings last week.

Officers had arrested Gerald Feldhaus around 1:15 a.m. Nov. 1 outside YOLO Restaurant on Las Olas Boulevard on charges of trespassing and resisting arrest.

Police said Feldhaus repeatedly fought with them while he was being booked. "He was spitting and screaming as he would look and yell at other people," Wezkiewicz told investigators.

-- Scott Wyman

And where exactly do we keep Spit Hoods?

How many patrolman have even seen a Spit hood in use?

At what point when someone is out of control spitting biohazards on you do you go hunting for these mysterous Spit Hoods?

His actions were certaintly understandable, brown paper bags are two feet away in the Sally port.

It wasn't a plastic bag intended to sufficate the Ahole, it was a large brown paper bag to quickly stop the transfer of biohazards and bodily fluids. Heck, Troops in Afganistain use worse and the Unknown Comic wore a brown paper bag-- he didn't suffer!

Take the time to go to Sun Sentienal an read the comments. For once they are overwhelmingly in favor of the Officer.
Send a message back to the Department.

06-29-2010, 12:20 AM
RM lost his mind a long time ago. Look at him and the way he talks to cops and others. What a sorry Captain but they will kepp paying him.

[quote="guest?"]FORT LAUDERDALE — The part-time cop says the arrested man kept trying to spit on police.

So he put a paper bag over his head.

Now the cop is out of a job.

Investigators concluded part-time reserve Officer John Wezkiewicz's conduct "shed a negative light" on the agency and that he should have used a department-issued protective hood instead of the bag. A hood, they said, would not "be falsely perceived as an attempt to humiliate an individual."

"Poor judgment prevailed concerning his decision to utilize a brown paper bag," Capt. Rick Maglione wrote in his report on the internal affairs investigation.

Wezkiewicz had been a reserve officer for more than 20 years and was assigned to the agency's booking facility, police said. He was terminated last month, and a civilian review board upheld the probe's findings last week.

Officers had arrested Gerald Feldhaus around 1:15 a.m. Nov. 1 outside YOLO Restaurant on Las Olas Boulevard on charges of trespassing and resisting arrest.

Police said Feldhaus repeatedly fought with them while he was being booked. "He was spitting and screaming as he would look and yell at other people," Wezkiewicz told investigators.

-- Scott Wyman

And where exactly do we keep Spit Hoods?

How many patrolman have even seen a Spit hood in use?

At what point when someone is out of control spitting biohazards on you do you go hunting for these mysterous Spit Hoods?

His actions were certaintly understandable, brown paper bags are two feet away in the Sally port.

It wasn't a plastic bag intended to sufficate the Ahole, it was a large brown paper bag to quickly stop the transfer of biohazards and bodily fluids. Heck, Troops in Afganistain use worse and the Unknown Comic wore a brown paper bag-- he didn't suffer!

Take the time to go to Sun Sentienal an read the comments. For once they are overwhelmingly in favor of the Officer.

Send a message back to the Department.-- Post edited by MOD 564 for violations of terms

06-29-2010, 03:32 AM
I bet he thinks all this is funny thats why he is sick. Maybe him and TM can have a I hate cops patch on the IA walls. What a pair. TM the guy that abused the hell out of that badge when he was on the road now sits and holds court. Now Rick never did anything good for the department and never will. Maybe Harvery will teach them the right way and if you buy that one they know this, my mom dates Tiger.
The only two there with brains is DS & HM they do they job with class and still get it done.

06-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Spit-bags? Do they come with pretty instructions? Do they come in friendly colors? Strawberry scented? How are they different than a paper bag? I'm sure they are manufactured by some environmental company that probably charges about $25.00 per bag. In these times of economic struggle, we can't afford that. The idea to use a paper bag (that maybe costs 25 cents) was a good one. The Officer should have received an award from the City for saving money and his idea to be implemented as an effective cost-cutting measure. But then again, some people just have it backwards.

PS; Oh mah, I just figured it out... the spit-bags come with IA's phone number printed on the inside...

06-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Do you think any of those clowns at IA care about you or your family. Its just a game for them. And one day when the little man RM moves on there wil be another jerk put in. Its been a long time since a real Captain was there that had the respect of patrol. Hint Hint Chief

Spit-bags? Do they come with pretty instructions? Do they come in friendly colors? Strawberry scented? How are they different than a paper bag? I'm sure they are manufactured by some environmental company that probably charges about $25.00 per bag. In these times of economic struggle, we can't afford that. The idea to use a paper bag (that maybe costs 25 cents) was a good one. The Officer should have received an award from the City for saving money and his idea to be implemented as an effective cost-cutting measure. But then again, some people just have it backwards.

PS; Oh mah, I just figured it out... the spit-bags come with IA's phone number printed on the inside...

06-30-2010, 01:18 AM
Great rumor that they offered IA to the great captain MG, we all know how well he does, if this is true the chief needs detox (again). You think RM is a jerk just watch this nver worked in patrol captain mess up yet another unit. We still miss him in CID

06-30-2010, 01:01 PM
oh that would be funny

Great rumor that they offered IA to the great captain MG, we all know how well he does, if this is true the chief needs detox (again). You think RM is a jerk just watch this nver worked in patrol captain mess up yet another unit. We still miss him in CID

06-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Well i bet they have great time going after cops doing the job. RM has no clue what is is like to work as a cop. TM kicked more folks in the head than you can count and he sits there reviewing this?

Do you think any of those clowns at IA care about you or your family. Its just a game for them. And one day when the little man RM moves on there wil be another jerk put in. Its been a long time since a real Captain was there that had the respect of patrol. Hint Hint Chief

07-03-2010, 01:49 AM
I dont get it why is RM such a bad guy on this one. Give me some real facts

07-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Is it true that RM is after another cop for BS again? When will this stop

08-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Yes he just did it again

Is it true that RM is after another cop for BS again? When will this stop

08-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Can help but think FLPD Admin and IA leadership are its own worst enemy. Ask yourself, why don't you see Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Miramar PD or other PD's in the news all the time like you see FLPD. Do you think-- nothing every happens with their officers? No its the fact our PAO and IA like to badmouth and trash officers publically, while other departments handle their business professionally and privately. I am for open government. But purposely sending out emails with details out the the officer's personnel files just to trash them has a negative affect on the Department as a whole. The proper response would be short and sweet, "Officer x is under investigation." Let the media gather their own information. Why spoon feed the media info to trash the officers and the Department if being nasty and vindictive is not you goal.

08-09-2010, 07:32 PM
You dont see it becuase they dont have a RM and the others that have taken us here.

Can help but think FLPD Admin and IA leadership are its own worst enemy. Ask yourself, why don't you see Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Miramar PD or other PD's in the news all the time like you see FLPD. Do you think-- nothing every happens with their officers? No its the fact our PAO and IA like to badmouth and trash officers publically, while other departments handle their business professionally and privately. I am for open government. But purposely sending out emails with details out the the officer's personnel files just to trash them has a negative affect on the Department as a whole. The proper response would be short and sweet, "Officer x is under investigation." Let the media gather their own information. Why spoon feed the media info to trash the officers and the Department if being nasty and vindictive is not you goal.

08-09-2010, 08:28 PM
You dont see it becuase they dont have a RM and the others that have taken us here.

How would these stand up agencies you speak of handle the recent cases? Do you think they have the same problems we have had? If you think everything is so great there, look at their LEO Affairs pages...they have the same disgruntled "I do no wrong" attitude officers we do (look in a mirror...more than you do already) No one has a bullseye on thier uniform.

The other issue you blab about is not worthy of comment.Public records must be provided when requested, its the law. Its funny how you blame the people told to investigate these matters when a cop is disciplined. You basically condone the cop's behavior by blaming others who are merely doing their job. Should the masses blame YOU when a homeless guy gets an NTA (since thats probably what your day amounts to)? Is he innicent and being targeted by the cop that investigated his loitering. What about the times (the majority) when the officer is not found to be wrong? Are the investigators "covering" for a corrupt cop or is that the only time in your mind their investigation was done correctly?

You must be fairly new because you would have never passed the written test FLPD used to have to get hired.

08-10-2010, 02:12 AM
I wish we had an IA that ignored the complaints like stealing and lying. We're cops for crying out loud. They never were. They know nothing about real police work like me. Ive got almost 4 years on the road.

They should ignore all the minor silly "in house" junk (like RB, JM, JH, DZ, GR to name a few) and concentrate on sweeping the citizens' complaints under the rug like the good depts do out west. It makes all of us complacent cops look bad when they expose the misconduct of one of our fellow officers. Then we have to deflect from the facts and turn on our own brother who was told to investigate it to divert attention from the guilty.

Im with you, FLPD LEO affairs faithful, lets go after the investigators. I demand answers. Why arent they covering up our dirty laundry? Why dont they go after the people WE want them to (like SG & DL).

Once again, Im not management or trying to get promoted. Im just sick of the BS and the a** backward way you people on this forum think. Shame on me for participating.

08-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I wish we had an IA that ignored the complaints like stealing and lying. We're cops for crying out loud. They never were. They know nothing about real police work like me. Ive got almost 4 years on the road.

They should ignore all the minor silly "in house" junk (like RB, JM, JH, DZ, GR to name a few) and concentrate on sweeping the citizens' complaints under the rug like the good depts do out west. It makes all of us complacent cops look bad when they expose the misconduct of one of our fellow officers. Then we have to deflect from the facts and turn on our own brother who was told to investigate it to divert attention from the guilty.

Im with you, FLPD LEO affairs faithful, lets go after the investigators. I demand answers. Why arent they covering up our dirty laundry? Why dont they go after the people WE want them to (like SG & DL).

Once again, Im not management or trying to get promoted. Im just sick of the BS and the a** backward way you people on this forum think. Shame on me for participating.

This posting appears to be someone from IA posing as a patrol officer. Please!

No one is saying cover things up. Just don't help or purposely air the dirty laundry.

09-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I wonder if it was Little RM that posted that one?