PDA

View Full Version : Take Home Vehicles/ Residency Requirement

06-25-2010, 03:47 AM
I am a Deputy with a surrounding county and am looking to relocate. I currently live in Marion County, and was wondering what Citrus County's residency requirement was. I am also wondering what the sheriff's office take home car policy is (radius, only in county...etc). I would also like to know what the oppurtunities for lateral transfer are like with the agency. Thank you in advance.

06-27-2010, 04:55 PM
we can live outside the county (levy, sumter, marion, hernando only), but the car has to stay in county unless you get permission from command staff. we are only filling empty positions and we do have some. put in an app. the pay is deff better here and training. we are at the end of a 4 yrs term with the Sheriff and it is his last term.

10-31-2010, 06:40 PM
HOLD your breath and hope Dawsy leaves for the betterment of the agency and the community!!!!!

we can live outside the county (levy, sumter, marion, hernando only), but the car has to stay in county unless you get permission from command staff. we are only filling empty positions and we do have some. put in an app. the pay is deff better here and training. we are at the end of a 4 yrs term with the Sheriff and it is his last term.