PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye chief Hitler

05-16-2010, 06:28 AM
I just wanted to say that although I was recently terminated I have no hard feelings against anyone out there (except for the few incompetent idiots that somehow fell into leadership and confused Micco PD with former Nazi Germany) and I wish everyone the best of luck. One of the other recently dismissed officers told me that some of the terminations were actually against state law, and after doing some research I found out that both state and federal laws have been violated. It turns out that the chief’s temper tantrums and hasty terminations could be considered a criminal offense since he has no authority to ignore the officer’s bill of rights that grants all of you arrest powers in the state, and some of us are sending testimony requesting to appear before Governor Christ and the FDLE in order to see the law enforced. I am also investigating to see if the FBI would have any jurisdiction in this situation.

:devil:

Ignoring the statutes could ultimately revoke the authority for the tribe to have a police force and for those who have actively disregarded state statues jail time is not out of the question. We are also seeking the proper counsel to file a class action lawsuit against the chief personally, but that will be down the road a bit since the state of Florida will essentially prove our cases for us during the criminal investigation.

I also wanted to thank the tribal members for being so good to us while we worked protecting you, and we are sorry your safety has been jeopardized by a cowardly, unqualified police chief that never should have been hired in the first place. Hopefully his eventual replacement will care more about your rights as a sovereign nation instead of trying to send each of you to federal prison. I hope you understand that even though he has destroyed several families of the officers that served you, we all realize that this was not your fault. Likewise, if you lose your right to have a police department because of all this, hopefully you will not hold it against us.

05-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Too bad there is not a private message feature available, I would love to get in on this! I can definitely attest that my rights as Police Officer were violated, as well as SEVERAL statues were violated, on more than one occasion including but not limted to when I was terminated from the agency.

I can only imagine what others have experienced. Unfortunately I have no way of getting a hold of any of them.

05-16-2010, 03:24 PM
It's simply amazing how this guy continues to pull the wool over the indians eyes. This smooth talker could sell ice to eskimos! Sooner or later his luck will run out......hopefully sooner than later.

05-16-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't know whe he bothered getting his state certification; apparently he does not think state law applies to him at the land of Micco.

05-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Do not worry; nobody will be excluded from speaking their voice and testifying when the time comes. For now, familiarize yourself with the state laws regarding ethics...pay specific attention to 2.5, 2.6, and 5.2 since this is what many of us were illegally terminated for and where the chief grossly overstepped his bounds.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/b1b2dec7-3d21-4fd6-ba1c-27c464d10e77/LE-Ethical-Standards-of-Conduct.aspx

Also, here is the Florida bill of rights granted to each and every officer within the state. The part that interests us (and the FDLE/civil lawyers) is the procedures for suspensions and terminations...which many of us did not receive.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0112/SEC532.HTM&Title=-%3E2001-%3ECh0112-%3ESection+532

Here is a copy of the procedure process.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/ff8b85e0-6e34-490a-b8df-f03395287cd7/PC-Process---Steps-of-Process.aspx

Finally, if you want to become actively involved here is the contact information. If you were wrongfully terminated there is a good chance that you will be contacted anyway once subpoenas for personnel files start going out, but I wouldn't put anything past this guy so it may be better to contact the FDLE yourself. For the current officers that want protection immediately from the chief’s temper tantrums, filing a complaint will almost ensure that your rights as a certified police officer in the state of Florida will be upheld one way or the other.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/e3836e5c-49a0-42e6-b9a2-c2a9c1bbe41b/Professional-Compliance-Contacts.aspx

05-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Is there a specific person at FDLE I can contact who is already familiar with, or is handling a case involving the Miccosukee Police Department?

05-17-2010, 03:04 PM
The contacts are organized by last name, so one caseworker would handle all of the inquiries on a particular person being investigated. That's all I can say on a public forum, but you should be able to take it from there.

Also, if you are still unsure of the best way to proceed, the PBA will provide you an attorney free of charge that can help you draft a formal statement. It does not matter if you were fired today or five years ago, as long as your certification is still active you can use this service. Here's the link, just click on a picture to send an email-

http://www.flpba.org/legal.php

If you are unsure of what to send, try something addressed personally to the picture you select and copy/paste the text below-

Dear (Mr. Ward)-

I (was/am) employed by Miccosukee Police Department and my protections under the Florida Bill of Rights has been violated. Our practices do not comply with the guidelines set by the FDLE and many of the police officers have lost their position despite legal protections that forbid termination without due process. I would like to discuss my situation with a qualified PBA attorney to learn about my future options, and I would also like to file a complaint with the FDLE directly to ensure future police officers are not required to face this same type of illegal abuse. I realize that the tribe is considered a soverign nation and afforded additional protections, but they are still required to comply with the FDLE in order to maintain a police force and intervention is necessary.

I have included my contact information below and I look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience. There are also other active comlaints within your office that are very similar to my own personal experiences, and it should lend credibility to all of our indivisual cases. Thank you for your time regarding this matter and I look forward to speaking with you soon and ending these illegal practices.

Sincerely-

Bob Jones
123 4th St
Miami, FL 33125
(305) 555-5555
bobjones@email.com

05-17-2010, 03:09 PM
If you are using the form letter, in the last paragraph I missed a "p" in the word "complaints." Make sure you fix that typo and you're all set.

05-17-2010, 11:25 PM
This brightened up my day. I hope everyone affected by this jerk takes advantage of this useful information.

05-18-2010, 06:31 PM
I just hung up the phone with my attorney and things are looking promising. The leadership's actions are clearly in violation of FDLE regulations and thanks to your emails and phone calls it looks like a case is being opened. I was advised to limit the information I shared in public for obvious reasons, so unfortunately I am not at liberty to share much information at this time. I will say this however; things are about to abruptly change for the better....here are the basic aspects of the case.

If certain members of the police force are found in violation of FDLE procedures, then it places the tribe in a rather difficult spot. They will be forced to either side with the current leadership and attempt to justify their actions or they will have to show that they had no knowledge of the infractions taking place and hang them out to dry. Either way, there is still the issue of dozens of police officers who are out of work due to illegal procedures; so the tribe will essentially be faced with the options of extending an offer of re-employment, offering a monetary settlement for lost income and duress, and/or having their state certification stripped and closing the police department.

Once the investigation starts it will be difficult for them to change their stance on the internal police leadership, so if they are going to avoid a massive legal battle that even their high priced "dream team" can not win expect to see changes put in effect almost immediately. I've already said too much, but at the same time I felt it necessary to keep those of you informed that have stood up for your rights and spoke out against these injustices. I will update further when I can.

05-19-2010, 07:37 PM
What will happen to officers still employed by the department that aren't involved?

05-19-2010, 08:48 PM
We will probably be working with a Bureau of Indian Affairs commission. We can use our FDLE certification to get another job at a real department.

05-25-2010, 03:29 AM
Most of the info here is accurate, but found out PBA is not willing to assist non-members

05-28-2010, 03:08 AM
A storm is brewing!!!!!

05-31-2010, 03:49 AM
This guy's not going anywhere, he's a real politician and pro at BSing the tribe!!!!!!

06-02-2010, 04:55 AM
I would like to thank the FEW brave souls that contacted FDLE, we will make a difference for everyone. I know most of you have families to support and just put up with the BS, hopefully things will change. Anyone know who is hiring? I need to get the hell out, I'm even willing to leave police work to escape the idiocy for the time being.

06-05-2010, 01:33 AM
We live in a country of laws, he must think he's in Cuba. I’m surprised he hasn’t grown a beard yet . He obviously doesn’t have a clue about chapter 112 or thinks he's above the law, either way, I guarantee he'll be an expert in the future!!!!

06-11-2010, 03:34 AM
I get the impression the chairman LOVES this MORON. He’s not going anywhere, deal with it or move on!!!!

06-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Unfortunately I think ur right

06-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Unfortunately I think ur right Do you want to trade for the seminole chief?

06-14-2010, 02:41 AM
You have no idea how wrong ours is, he's from NY and does not even know basic law enforcement in Florida. I've heard so many stories; he busted a guys balls for not going to another county to make an arrest for a stolen vehicle recovery....I think the officer received some form of discipline. He nailed another guy for not doing a thorough investigation on an overturned port-a-potty at a construction site. According to a former female officer, he straight out asked who she was screwing in the department. He came close to firing a guy for running out of gas. He fired a guy for being a few thousand miles over on an oil change. He fired another guy with more than 10 years at Micco for disagreeing with a letter of counseling. He's fired several officer for things that would not even be an issue at most departments. The list goes on and on. This guy seems to lose control when he's having a bad day and our officer pay the price. I've had multiple jobs and supervisors in my life and I have never come across anyone close to as bad as this guy is. He must be a pro at pulling the wool over the eyes of the councilmen, they seem to love him. Let's trade!

06-14-2010, 05:26 AM
Is this the same guy that was a miccopo years ago under that a-hole zecca, who then went to ny to be a sheriff and then came back to micco when ward got fired? Any one know where Dave Guevera ended up after that POS Billie screwed him.

06-26-2010, 03:48 AM
He hasn't sunk his fangs deep into anyone lately, I think he's thirsting for it. Watch your backs!

07-02-2010, 02:40 AM
He hasn't sunk his fangs deep into anyone lately, I think he's thirsting for it. Watch your backs!

Maybe he read these threads and realized something about himself. Nah, on second thought this would get him going even more. I’ll bet he was told to chill the fcuk out.

07-15-2010, 12:41 AM

Maybe he read these threads and realized something about himself. Nah, on second thought this would get him going even more. I’ll bet he was told to chill the fcuk out.

The Miccosukee Police Department is running smooth and doing fine. You officers were fired and you four should have been arrested. Does falsification of reports, purjury, forgery and intentional false arrests, ring a bell. The list goes on and on. Incompetence is another word that comes to mind. You all had every opportunity to participate in a new professional modern operation but instead you made bad decisions and showed the whole department that you are dishonest and losers. The department and staff is much better now that you are gone. By the way, your termination was upheld by all. FDLE is considering yanking your certifications. Life is good.

07-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Did you drink the Kool-Aid? The last post shows the stripes of our alleged leadership in this department, rather than take responsibility for low morale they continue to shift the blame. I haven't kept in contact with those guys, but I'm sure they could care less about this place, obviously they are not coming back. Rather than accept they are doing a terrible job, the brass blames these post on former employees. You must have your head deep up your ass if you think current employees are not sounding off here. The biggest problem is the majority of us fear we will be the next victim of the TL dictatorship and that will never change, the damage has been done. There are many better qualified leaders that can turn this department around, yet for some reason the naive tribal leadership continues to pay you big money for failure. You failed and will never succeed! If the chairman is a smart man he will replace the command staff and give us a fresh start.

07-15-2010, 09:51 PM

The Miccosukee Police Department is running smooth and doing fine. You officers were fired and you four should have been arrested. Does falsification of reports, purjury, forgery and intentional false arrests, ring a bell. The list goes on and on. Incompetence is another word that comes to mind. You all had every opportunity to participate in a new professional modern operation but instead you made bad decisions and showed the whole department that you are dishonest and losers. The department and staff is much better now that you are gone. By the way, your termination was upheld by all. FDLE is considering yanking your certifications. Life is good.

It’s gotta b a member of the command staff…..officers know u can’t use coerced unmarandized statements in a criminal case. Then again, those idiots seem 2 think they‘re above the law. If incompetence was arrestable, u 2 morons would b serving life sentences.

07-18-2010, 03:10 PM
The command staff is so detached from reality, they don’t realize guys are afraid to tell them what’s wrong because they’ll be labeled as disgruntled and targeted for termination. Unfortunately we’re forced to accept poor leadership if we want to remain employed and they continue to think they’re doing great. Isn’t that similar to how the Castro brother control Cuba?

Since the tribe doesn’t want to take action I felt it was necessary to find another job. I just hope the dictatorship doesn’t slam me when they come to check my file, Lt. Turtle has been know to embellish the negative (can‘t he be sued for that?). I just can’t understand why other departments fall for his ruse. If I had a bad employee I’d do everything in my power to tell them he’s the greatest and how I wouldn’t want to lose him, this way they would take him off our hands. I believe they derive more pleasure from screwing officers. Why some departments continue to believe the crap they are fed is beyond me.

07-21-2010, 07:56 PM
I agree, the damage has been done. I don't trust them and never will!

07-23-2010, 03:58 AM
The chief needs to wake up and smell the coffee……the best thing he can do for the dept. is just resign and make us all a little happier. This dept. will continue to be the joke of Dade County as long as this guy is calling the shots. Brink yo nut sucking lap boy wit ya. In the spirit of Hugo Chavez, I smell sulfur every time I’m on the second floor!!!

07-26-2010, 12:51 PM
The tribe has to be aware of these post and probably won’t fire the chief because of them. If I led the tribe I wouldn’t let the little guys influence my decisions either. Think about it.

07-28-2010, 07:51 AM
It seems like you boys out west can't handle yourselfs, Thank God you guys don't have to do real police work. It's ok any real emergency press that little red botton on your radio, Miami-Dade PD will come and save you guys. :D

07-29-2010, 01:39 AM
For months I've been hearing from multiple tribal members, "hang in there, he's gonna be fired soon". Do it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Be patient, thorough investigations take a while, this jerk is going to get what's coming to him.

Part of the Indian Civil Rights Act (25 USC 1302(7)) limits tribal court criminal jurisdiction to offenses which carry a maximum penalty of no more than one year imprisonment (misdemeanors).

How many tribal felonies have been handled in tribal court since this idiot arrived. I feel like contacting the media.......it might bring more attention to the problem and speed up the process. Oh by the way, I'm sure there are dozens of former officers (those who left on their own and yes, some terminated) willing to provide details.

You may say tribal court is the responsible party, but think about it, felonies shouldn't be presented to tribal court. Felonies should go straight from the PD to the state of federal system according to the law. Why is the clown allowing this to happen?

08-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Be patient, thorough investigations take a while, this jerk is going to get what's coming to him.

Part of the Indian Civil Rights Act (25 USC 1302(7)) limits tribal court criminal jurisdiction to offenses which carry a maximum penalty of no more than one year imprisonment (misdemeanors).

How many tribal felonies have been handled in tribal court since this idiot arrived. I feel like contacting the media.......it might bring more attention to the problem and speed up the process. Oh by the way, I'm sure there are dozens of former officers (those who left on their own and yes, some terminated) willing to provide details.

You may say tribal court is the responsible party, but think about it, felonies shouldn't be presented to tribal court. Felonies should go straight from the PD to the state of federal system according to the law. Why is the clown allowing this to happen?

Why don't you just resign to avoid the embarrassment, MPD will be a happier place!

08-09-2010, 04:10 AM
Finally something with teeth....sharp teeth, why didn't I think of that. It's too hot here, why don't u go back to where u came from, it's cooler.

08-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Don't you cry babies have anything better to do with your time?

08-10-2010, 01:20 PM

He’s in a tight spot; continue harboring tribal felon’s from the state and federal systems, or stand up to the tribe and lose his job. Either way he’s screwed.

08-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Gotta love this place!!!!!!!!

08-13-2010, 02:36 AM

How can you continue to walk around like you're shizzat don't stink?

08-24-2010, 05:31 PM
In the end Hitler got what he deserved, I'm happy to know he's gone