PDA

View Full Version : IUPA cards

05-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Should we give IUPA another chance? They did get 12 hour shifts for us. Maybe they could get us permanent shifts???? Cannot do any worse than PBA. I think I will send the card in just to let PBA know we have options.

05-11-2010, 12:00 PM
FOP seems to get everything done. Look at most of the bils that get passed in the house, they are submitted by the FOP for some non state agency. IUPA did do a better job unless you are a trooper they don't care about anything but your money.

markx309
05-24-2010, 03:39 PM
FOP is the best organization in my opinion when it come to collective bargaining. But, since they are not an option now I voted for IUPA to come back. Here in a little over 30 days our contract will expire. Where is PBA? What are they doing or planning to do? The answer is they are doing nothing, just like when they took over the contract. The only thing they did was change the name on the contract from IUPA to PBA. If you look through it you will see areas where they missed the IUPA name. They will just renew our current contract without trying to change anything. We all no there is no money, so they say, to give us raises but how about changing some of the other things in the contract. Extra personal day, do away with paying for each mile for off duty and the yearly check we have to submit to Walt Dover. This is just a few on my list.

PBS is worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-24-2010, 04:23 PM
How about an increase in clothing allowance? If only $50.00? A vote for permanent shifts?

FOP could be a choice if we approached them.

Did everybody hear about the raise FWC is getting this year? Can anybody tell me anything done for State LEO's other than FWC.

05-24-2010, 05:05 PM
PBA only cares about FHP. That is why they helped them split. I have heard about FWC and a raise, but I am not sure how they are doing it. Sounded like it had nothing to do with PBA.