PDA

View Full Version : 10/31/09

05-07-2010, 11:59 PM
It is to my understanding that one particular Captain from the Clermont Police Department was approached by a member of the church that was hosting the annual trunk or treat event on 10/31/09 about having an officer present due to a substantial amount of people being at this event. I am aware of the tragic accident that occurred that evening. I have been approached by a CPD officer and was advised of these events that took place that evening. As an attorney here in the State of Florida I will be looking into this case and hope that the Captain involved in this matter did not simply turn his back on the request of the church for that evening. I will not metion the name of the Officer involved but I can say that the documented evidence is going to be a closed case by time I am done with it.

05-08-2010, 03:47 AM
It is to my understanding and was advised. = police officer.

05-08-2010, 05:23 PM
What does it matter if it was a Police Officer that wrote that or Snoopy? If what was said is true then shouldn't there be equal accountability? I believe JJ said something along those lines when he went running to the press concerning JR & KB when he so conveniently forgot to tell them that the reason they did what they did was because they were responding to a home invasion and there weren't enough officers on the road to respond. Seems like you have lost sight of the real issue here. Accountability...and if JJ did/did not do something then he should be accountable and as a Captain even to a higher standard because he should know better. Now stop trying to fight a battle that isn't yours to fight, sounds like you're one of those who believe the more chap stick they use the higher up the ladder they'll climb.

05-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Sooooooo having a police officer at the event would have prevented the woman crossing the street from the south side at 7th street? Wouldn't the officer be IN THE PARKING LOT?? Looks like your "case" is going nowhere Mr. "attorney".

Oh and what kind of "attorney" posts on LEO affairs??? hahahahahahahahaha get a life OFFICER moron.

Nice try. But yet again FAIL!!

05-08-2010, 07:33 PM
What a FINE example you just made to the free world of what a majority of the officers at CPD's mentality is... shortsighted, self-centered, unable to get the facts straight, capricious, and moronic, because if that had been your child that was struck and killed on Halloween night I bet it would've made a difference or not to YOU if that Captain responded to a citizen's request for help.

05-08-2010, 08:06 PM
What a FINE example you just made to the free world of what a majority of the officers at CPD's mentality is... shortsighted, self-centered, unable to get the facts straight, capricious, and moronic, because if that had been your child that was struck and killed on Halloween night I bet it would've made a difference or not to YOU if that Captain responded to a citizen's request for help.

Police presence had NOTHING to do with the events of that evening. The woman jaywalked at 7th street. Why don't YOU get your facts straight before trying to stir up crap from your tiny little mind. Yet again FAIL!!!

05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I see why Clermont PD is the laughing stock of all agencies. Must be a lot of rejects in this department. Thank goodness I dont work for Clermont.

05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
What you live with, you learn;
What you learn, you practice;
What you practice, you become;
What you become, has consequences!

This quote is a true reflection on administration and the so called supervisor's of the department.

05-08-2010, 09:16 PM
The man who follows the crowd will never be followed by a crowd!

This quote reflects 95% of the officer's in the department.

05-11-2010, 03:00 AM
What is the statute for jaywalking?

If towing cars from Highland Ave rather than having them move and ticketing them will save a child's life, how would police presence at a function not help with encouraging people to pay attention when crossing the road.

Also, can you please explain to me why several CPD officers can be used to stop traffic in the county to allow JJ's friends on their bicycles to cross the intersections without stopping for the traffic lights/stop signs but we can't have one officer help with a childrens function, what a waste of an opportunity for good community relations.

Sad.

BJ you should stop using the little dancing red devil - you are very obvious. Just saying -

05-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Let's have a reality check.
The church has property on SR 50. It is used for overflow parking. It IS a parking lot. While's there's no way of knowing where the hypothetical police office at the event may have been stationed that night during his/her hypothetical stint at the event, the grass PARKING LOT or the SR access point(s) to the lot would have been logical. It would also be logical for the mother of the child to have gravitated towards this hypothetical CROSSING GUARD as she and her child walked to the event.
While there's no way to prove a cause and effect relationship here, it is assinine to assert that the presence of an officer would not have altered the outcome.

05-12-2010, 04:59 AM
I can understand your point Gortex however I spoke with the individual at the church who requested the officer to be present that night of the event and he stated " I wanted an officer posted towards the front parking lot of the church just as a precautionary measure". Now even if an officer was posted in that area would it have stopped the horrific accident that occurred, I guess that is something we will never know.