PDA

View Full Version : Taser Cartridge

05-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Could I get some kind of memo stating that I can not keep the extra taser cartridge attached to the taser and also include that I should keep it in my POCKET as I was told verbally? That way when something goes wrong I will be covered in writing. Until I get something in writing mine will stay in the taser.

Shoot cuz would not even call and tell us himself he called a officer and had the officer call everybody else. Seems like plausible deniability on his and the departments part if something bad happens.

Memo please!

05-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I agree with the last post until I have to sign a memo on the cartridge its staying where it is. Could you imagine getting in a situation and trying to tactically reload from there pocket, gonna get you butt beat. If it was meant to be carried there we should have practiced it that waY in in-service?

05-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Whoever told you to carry your cart in your pocket is an absolute retard - it would last less than one shift before it got the blast doors broken off. Then you will catch static about how expensive the carts are to replace. Taser makes addons to our holsters that carry the extra cart, if you don't want to carry it on the butt of the Taser. Usually takes a few getting broken before they'll spend the extra money.

http://policelink.monster.com/training/ ... ard-before (http://policelink.monster.com/training/articles/7420-10-taser-tips-youve-never-heard-before)

"No Taser Cartridges in Your Pocket. Do not put the Taser cartridge in your pocket. Make sure that you store extra Taser cartridges on your belt or on the Taser holster itself. Static electricity in your pocket can activate the cartridge sending two number eight straight fish hooks and some attention getting voltage to a place that you wouldn’t want it."

All it is gonna take is one officer getting blasted in the pills because dipstick ordered a cart pocket carried. Good christ, do we even care about folks out here?

05-08-2010, 01:00 AM
I was told that this came from Tally. That cartridges were getting broken on the grip of the gun and that they were spending $100+ a month on new ones so for now I was to keep it in my pocket. Static was my first thought.

Does not make much sense.

Again memo please.

05-08-2010, 03:23 AM
The Memo said turn the spare over to your sgt for safe keeping. It was sent by email, ask for a copy. Did they not print a copy and post at your station? Seems to many doors are being broken off by clumsy officers. I believe a CARL officer has broken three and jumped into a pond with the whole tazer. Maybe they should just take his away and leave the rest of us alone. Or send him back to the ramp until he learns to take care of his stuff. Or just send him back, all he does is wine about everything.

05-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Have seen no Memo, but that is the most RETARDED thing I have ever heard. Turn it over to your Sgt for safe keeping? Are you crazy?
Broken by clumsy Officers? Maybe they are doing their job not just sitting in a office somewhere. Climbing in and out of trailers things are bound to get broken. A CARL Officer that does their job is bound to break them to. I am sure he had a good reason for jumping in a pond while duty ready, again not sitting in a office but doing real work.

Until there is a read and sign memo or a e-mail with read receipt mine stays in the taser also.

IMHO just take the tasers and donate them to a department that needs them.

05-08-2010, 09:20 PM
"No Taser Cartridges in Your Pocket. Do not put the Taser cartridge in your pocket. Make sure that you store extra Taser cartridges on your belt or on the Taser holster itself. Static electricity in your pocket can activate the cartridge sending two number eight straight fish hooks and some attention getting voltage to a place that you wouldn’t want it."

This is our problem, the person quoted above seems to speak with some knowledge about what will happen if you were to put your cartridge in your pocket. So tell us, where in the hell is the attention getting voltage gonna come from?????? The voltage is in the Taser not the damned cartridge.

05-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Or you can do like 2 of the officers did on I-95 and fire them either into your carpet or your closet door. The latter did it at 2:55am. Hmm, sounds like someone was drinking the gin and juice at that time of the morning. :shock:

05-10-2010, 01:24 AM
This to me proves mismanagement of funding. Per the letter it states a whole $100.00 has been spent a month replacing cartridges! A state agency that is pinching pennies like this "Does not need to be an agency anymore". Give me a break! Next it will be turn in your spares magazines.

Justin
05-10-2010, 06:57 PM
The Memo said ...

...this is why I registered my username. Excellent attempt, though :)

05-10-2010, 08:05 PM
The Memo said ...

...this is why I registered my username. Excellent attempt, though :)

Tits on a boar hog......

05-10-2010, 09:22 PM
????They are writing everyone up lately for stupid a** stuff, if you shoot your taser and you do not fill out a use of force report......have some balls and write someone up! It doesn't matter what excuse they come up with. Now the Carl guy in the water.....maybe...but crawling a truck there are enough resources that you can leave it locked up or in the hands of someone watching you while you crawl a truck. It is not a save all end all and what the hell did you do before you got it!?
Write some people up! You didn't care about the explanation of those who you wrote up lately so why the difference here.
CUZ is a MOREON....look can't even spell it when it comes to him! He wants it in his pocket to receive the excitement WOOO HOOOO!!!!!
I like the Memo thingy but it doesn't take a memo to make me go away from a verbal command....I unlike some have a mind and it hasn't gone to waste. Put it in your pocket if you want....but HELL NO not me!
Also for the massess....the cartridges are purchased in a bulk amount so there is no way they are costing us that much, hell the tasers were only $300 or so for each....stop lying higher ups.

05-10-2010, 09:29 PM
LOOKY maybe we can give them back and buy and cool personal one!

TASER® C2™ Platinum Package - Red Hot Red
$449.99
Model #: 39003

TASER® M & X26 Series 2 Pack Cartridges
ITEM BACKORDERED. Allow 2 weeks for shipment. Notify Me Upon Availability
$59.95

These are the Yellow reaching...where is 100 dollars this is to the general public on their website? Imagine if they were bought by the 1,000. Maybe we should go with yellow?? It is a nice Ag color!

05-10-2010, 09:42 PM
In 75 area our Senior Sgt took up the extra cartridges from his Officers and is keeping them safe in the office. I hope they got a signed inventory from him showing he took them, knowing him he is popping them off in the office getting his jollies.

So much for Accreditation and everybody doing things correct and the same????

06-19-2010, 06:49 AM
As a certified Taser Instructor, do not at any point carry a cartridge in your pocket. The static charge can cause the cartridge to deploy. Although there will not be an electrical charge like someone else mentioned in an earlier post, you will still have the probes in you.

Also, to the person that quoted the 2 pack cartridge pricing. Those are for the civilian models. The common duty cartridges which are the green blast doors (25' XP) are only $24.95 each department pricing.

To the person that posted about the red C2.. If you even consider buying a C2, contact me as I can get them at a wholesale cost..

As far as turning your cartridge into a SGT, hahaha... When a department assigns a cartridge to you, the serial numbers on the small round tags are placed on your issued equipment. So if your SGT happens to be a moron and used your cartridge or better yet, loses your cartridge, guess who will be responsible?

06-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Dont worry the brass in Tally are so caught up in there own bs especially that redheaded chief of accreditaton. Soon the colonel, lc and the rest of the liars will be gone. Putnam is going to clean house even though the brass are begging to stay.

07-07-2010, 09:38 PM
WHY DO AG COPS HAVE TASERS??? YOU DON'T DO SHIT ANYWAY EXCEPT CALL THE SO OR FHP??? SIG 10 TOMATO LOL??? :shock:

07-08-2010, 03:55 AM
just call the suwannee jail and ask em if they ever see an ag cop bringing someone to jail, you might be suprised that WOW yes they do in fact make arrests, not just for tomatoes. whens the last time you hauled out over a million dollars in cash out of a semi? not even sure why i responded to your idiot post, but you sounded so stupid i couldnt resist. if you dont like ag cops dont post here, or at least dont make yourself look like such a fool. maybe post something that shows you have an IQ higher than a tomato.