PDA

View Full Version : new applicant

04-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Hello,

I just applied to a Correctional Officer Trainee position and I have a couple questions. What is it like working for MDC? Good Equipment and training?

Thank You and Stay Safe!

05-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Unless you are lazy and black you don't have a snowballs chance in hell. Good luck. And as far as training and equipment you will get the bare minimum on both.

05-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Unless you are lazy and black you don't have a snowballs chance in hell. Good luck. And as far as training and equipment you will get the bare minimum on both.

It can't be as bad as the state!

05-29-2010, 02:39 AM
i been working for corrections for 4 years now and i love it! im cross certified and i still will choose corrections before the road any day! yes! there is alot of minorities that work here, but thats only because the anglo saxons think they are to good for this job! we choose to work smart! the equipment sucks, but the training is getting alot better! at the end of the day its about the money! if i can make 52 grand base salary within 4 years and still have the ability ti work overtime, whats there to complain about? wish you the best!

06-02-2010, 10:28 AM
And that is why you are stuck working in the jail and not on the road. Learn some grammar and spelling and you can work the road like me and make 60k plus base and over 100k in combined ot and salary. The real reason corrections is run by minorities is that the few non dark people in this county more than qualify for police work and do not have arrest records like your coworkers. Take care and keep turning those keys.

06-10-2010, 02:07 AM
first of all buddy policeman can never do correction work. you guys are too scared. ive been doing corrections for 8 yrs and has yet to see a police officer that can control an inmate without a gun,pepperspray,baton,and taser. you guys need all of that to do your job. all we need is our communicating and physical skills. and a co1 which is and non supervisor offcier make what you guys sgt make. so before you talk about correction do your research ive avg 125k for the last 5yrs buddy.

06-10-2010, 02:21 AM

homeboy the reason why afro-american are the majority in the jail is not because we are lazy its because we have the best work ethic. I guarantee you can't do my job for a day. I probably can do your job with ease. you guys only arrest drunks, traffic violaters, and people that homeless. If it is something big you guys have 10 police cars responding to one call. So if any municipality is lazy its the police force. Sn: doughnut eating policeman.

11-06-2010, 04:57 PM
My husband just graduated from the Corrections Academy, and I am very concerned reference all the stories I have heard fron your Dpt. I heard Internal Affairs is always setting up employees to get them in trouble and fire them. I also heard your dpt has the higher rate in firing employees. I just pray God Bless my Husband and keep him away of trouble.

11-12-2010, 06:50 PM
If he is Black don't worry they have to commit a federal offense before they get fired.