PDA

View Full Version : "Officers a danger", News-Press mailbag letter March 7, 2010

03-27-2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.news-press.com/article/20100307/news0101/3070324/Cape-Coral-mailbag - Page 8

Officers a danger

On Sunday, Feb. 21, Cape Coral Police responded to a call regarding a disturbance at The Dek. The officer left his vehicle to assist another officer. He took the time to close and lock the door on the vehicle, but he had forgotten to put it into park. This vehicle went on to hit four motorcycles, which were parked in a legal designated parking area, and did about $1,000 damage to each.

This will now mean $4,000 of our tax dollars must be spent to repair the motorcycles. The person who caused the disturbance, if a multi-offender, may be fined $100. If this is his first offense, it will probably be dismissed. This doesn’t sound like a good way to balance the budget.

Connie Barron, police spokeswoman, will not release the officer’s name. There seems to be only two reasons that something like this can occur, one is the officer became so excited, he wasn’t thinking clearly. If this is the case, it sounds as though he may need more training at the academy. This will cost more tax dollars.

This is where they did not send the officer who drew down on a child for smoking a cigarette underage last month.

The other possible reason is that he doesn’t know how to drive properly. In this case, he shouldn’t be in a position to give tickets to other drivers and should be sent to driving school. Cape Coral Police continue to do things that jeopardize the lives of innocent citizens. Because he is an officer, it is a safe bet that there will be no discipline.

MARY WEST
Cape Coral

So, doe eyed recruit with a hard-on? or experienced FTO? :snicker:

03-27-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't think anyone should be allowed to have accidents - ever. That means that no warning tickets for speeding just because someone was thinking about dinner or their kids. That means that every "accident" should result in culpability somewhere. If you lock your keys in your house - DISCIPLINE. If you lock your keys in your car - DISCIPLINE, because clearly if you have that one moment that you misstep you are clearly a danger to society.

Really??

I wonder if the writer of the letter was Mary Ann, Mary Elizabeth, or Mary Ellen West. Awful lot of traffic tickets, DUI, petty theft in there.

Consider that source.

03-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Consider this... if she were an officer she wouldn't have any tickets or DUI's on her record. As always her fellow officers would have used their discretion to let her off the hook instead of holding her accountable like everyone else. Maybe it's that kind of double standard that leaves her bitter toward the cops? :wink:

03-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I blame the administration for this - not the officers. I don't think there is a double standard throughout the entire department. While that doesn't make any of it right, there are good people who work there. And - If Mary whoever didn't drive drunk there wouldn't be a DUI. Consider that.

03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
And - If Mary whoever didn't drive drunk there wouldn't be a DUI. Consider that.

Now, now! We can't assume that in Cape Coral, can we? Let's not forget the recent case of a 70 yr old man who blew triple zeros and allegedly failed an on site drug test (which came back clean after retest) and was charged with DUI. The city also recently settled a lawsuit over the same thing. After he sued they paid the guy off and agreed to strike his arrest record because it was a bogus. Add to that the dubious stats that CCPD has increased DUI arrests 60% 2009 over 2008. This is when they already prided themselves on being one of the toughest departments around on DUI and you really have to wonder what the heck is going on here? The old adage where there's smoke there's usually fire comes to mind.

Any time i hear someone got a DUI in Cape Coral i'm skeptical and look more deeply before passing any judgment. DUI's are given out like traffic tickets here. If an officer gets it in his head that your DUI and initiates a stop he WILL find you guilty. It's very easy to do with field sobriety tests and the officer is already biased in thinking that your drunk before initiating the stop. After that it's an uphill battle to you to prove your innocent. Many people just cave and take a plea deal to get it over with. It doesn't mean they were DUI. They just got shafted.

04-20-2010, 03:44 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!! HOW MANY LAW SUITS DOES THE CCPD HAVE AGAINST THEM ACTIVELY. HOW DO YOU ARREST SOMEONE FOR A DUI IF THEY BLEW NEGATIVE, AND WHAT RIGHT DOES THE LEO S HAVE TO COLLECT TOXICOLOGY SPECIMENS DON'T YOU NEED A COURT ORDER TO DO THAT? GET A LAWYER AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS, I GUESS THEY THINK THE PUBLIC IS IGNORANT AND DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THEIR RIGHTS I GUESS. LAUGHABLE. GO FIGHT REAL CRIME. SHELLS DREW BUST SENDS LOVE.

[quote="Consider that":2rqmnejx]And - If Mary whoever didn't drive drunk there wouldn't be a DUI. Consider that.

Now, now! We can't assume that in Cape Coral, can we? Let's not forget the recent case of a 70 yr old man who blew triple zeros and allegedly failed an on site drug test (which came back clean after retest) and was charged with DUI. The city also recently settled a lawsuit over the same thing. After he sued they paid the guy off and agreed to strike his arrest record because it was a bogus. Add to that the dubious stats that CCPD has increased DUI arrests 60% 2009 over 2008. This is when they already prided themselves on being one of the toughest departments around on DUI and you really have to wonder what the heck is going on here? The old adage where there's smoke there's usually fire comes to mind.

Any time i hear someone got a DUI in Cape Coral i'm skeptical and look more deeply before passing any judgment. DUI's are given out like traffic tickets here. If an officer gets it in his head that your DUI and initiates a stop he WILL find you guilty. It's very easy to do with field sobriety tests and the officer is already biased in thinking that your drunk before initiating the stop. After that it's an uphill battle to you to prove your innocent. Many people just cave and take a plea deal to get it over with. It doesn't mean they were DUI. They just got shafted.[/quote:2rqmnejx]

04-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Wow, did the moron manage to lock his keys in the car too? :snicker:

dumbass!