PDA

View Full Version : rapid deployment force

03-12-2010, 10:50 PM
How many agencies are going to the RDF next week.

03-13-2010, 01:42 AM
The RDF class will have MDPD, Miami PD, Hialeah PD and MDFR-59 total students

03-17-2010, 01:00 AM
pj- heard day one pretty grueling.

03-17-2010, 03:44 AM
Day two was worse,about 8 Officers were dismissed from the class. :devil: :devil: :devil:

05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Is this class worth taking or being the group

05-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Is this class worth taking or being the group

That depends on you,if you are in good shape,like teamwork,can run six miles then sign up and join the team.Good luck.

06-02-2010, 12:01 AM
When is the next RDF class,does anybody knows.

06-02-2010, 12:46 PM
pj- heard day one pretty grueling.

Is RDF a new name for SWAT school? If so, every day is very grueling. It lasts three weeks and it gets tougher every day. Teamwork, shooting, very important. Also, you better get there with a good level of conditioning.

06-02-2010, 11:21 PM
The next school is in August. It is not a Tactical (SWAT) school, it is an advanced deployment force that provides physical conditioning, advanced tactics and prepares the student to work as a team in a variety of incidents. They have deployed to Washington D.C. for last year's inauguration and to Pittsburgh for the G20 Summit. They worked security for Presidential visits and the Super Bowl. There are RDF members on different police departments that can work together as a team.

06-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Whop-pie do you get any incentive pay for all that running around...No. I'm happy getting paid the same to do less. In the end this department will not let you do anything to a protester anyway. Just look at what happened at FTAA. Municipalities and BSO had to do our dirty work for us.

06-03-2010, 01:32 AM
Whop-pie do you get any incentive pay for all that running around...No. I'm happy getting paid the same to do less. In the end this department will not let you do anything to a protester anyway. Just look at what happened at FTAA. Municipalities and BSO had to do our dirty work for us.

I got an incentive for you: YOUR WIFE WILL WANT YOU MORE!!!!

06-28-2010, 03:22 AM
If you watched the G20 in Toronto, you might think about getting RDF training. The radicals are organized and travel world wide creating violence and disruptions. They ended up having to arrest over 400, police cars burned, store windows smashed, very much like Seattle. The cost for security was staggering. What city is next!

06-30-2010, 10:48 PM
With hurricane season here, if we send officers to assist an area hit by the storm, will RDF be the only ones going? Are they reimbursed for expenses by the federal govt?

07-01-2010, 01:15 AM
With hurricane season here, if we send officers to assist an area hit by the storm, will RDF be the only ones going? Are they reimbursed for expenses by the federal govt?

That is yes to both questions.Now sign up for the next RDF class in August.

07-05-2010, 11:05 AM
i heard City of Miami is sending a large group in Aug. Anybody know on this.

07-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Listen here rookie if I were you I'd be saving money up and not worrying about rdf. Depending on your tenure you may be laid off next budget year. :devil:

07-05-2010, 11:35 PM
i heard City of Miami is sending a large group in Aug. Anybody know on this.

The City is sending about 22 Officers.

10-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Congratulations to the new members of RDF,they graduated today.All that hard work paid off.Welcome to the force. :mrgreen:

10-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Rapid
Deployment
Farce

Just another excuse to say we are doing something new and innovative. A waste of time.

10-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Rapid
Deployment
Farce

Just another excuse to say we are doing something new and innovative. A waste of time.

You can always try again,don't feel bad because you didn't make it. :devil: :snicker:

Unregistered
08-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Looks like RDF is add it again wasting taxpayers money!

Unregistered
08-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Hahahaha the magnificent trio. EC, AR, and of course JP. What a combo of egos, misplaced priorities, staged self-promotion opportunities.

Unregistered
08-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Director Perez, no need to reinvent the wheel, adapt and apply your RDF, to emulate one of NYPD's best proactive, operational tools. NYPD’s mobile Impact unit to hit hot spots

They could be in [Northside] one day or in [Cutler Ridge] the next, as long as crime complaints and statistics warrant their presence, [I say]. “If a major needs assistance [at a particular district,] if [he or she] have spikes in crime, [you, JP] have this impact response team at [your] disposal.” In other words, deploy unencumbered by calls for service police officers where demands dictate.

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2008/5/20080131-archive260.html

Unregistered
08-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Is RDF a new name for SWAT school? If so, every day is very grueling. It lasts three weeks and it gets tougher every day. Teamwork, shooting, very important. Also, you better get there with a good level of conditioning.

Is it going to be those quick jogs and walking half the time on a run like BLE? lol

Unregistered
08-10-2017, 07:59 PM
anybody out there know what/when the actual 1st RDF was, and/or what it was for?

(hint: there's a reserve officer named after a character in a mark twain novel who knows, because he was there).

Unregistered
08-10-2017, 07:59 PM
That unit has been in existence for over 17 years. They are called R.I.D.

Maybe NYPD followed us, back when we were a real police department and not trying to keep up with the City of Miami's social media presence.

We are even lacking on the very thing that we are focosing on most.

Unregistered
08-10-2017, 10:26 PM
I'm guessing Downtown Miami will be ground zero for this now as reported by the Miami Herald. Set up armored vehicles around like this is Afghanistan or Iraq and meanwhile the officers will be drinking café con leche, eating croquetas and flirting with the Venezuelan tourists. Give me a break! Install cameras better and save taxpayers money and keep regular patrol on the road. This isn't Times Square. Ever been to Downtown Miami on a Saturday or Sunday? Place is a ghost town. Sad for tourists.

Unregistered
08-14-2017, 01:54 AM
I'm guessing Downtown Miami will be ground zero for this now as reported by the Miami Herald. Set up armored vehicles around like this is Afghanistan or Iraq and meanwhile the officers will be drinking café con leche, eating croquetas and flirting with the Venezuelan tourists. Give me a break! Install cameras better and save taxpayers money and keep regular patrol on the road. This isn't Times Square. Ever been to Downtown Miami on a Saturday or Sunday? Place is a ghost town. Sad for tourists.

mj. Caneva is always looking into the future, look what happened yesterday in VA. RDF- Counter Terrorism plt will be ready for any such demonstrations 24/7, active shooters at the 111 building or any other venue within Miami-Dade that requires a rapid response with "trained" officers.

Unregistered
08-14-2017, 05:01 PM
mj. Caneva is always looking into the future, look what happened yesterday in VA. RDF- Counter Terrorism plt will be ready for any such demonstrations 24/7, active shooters at the 111 building or any other venue within Miami-Dade that requires a rapid response with "trained" officers.

With the implementation of Affirmative Action and the subsequent hiring of people who did not have the aptitude for this job, there needs to be someone to handle what used to be handled by the average street cop. In the event of another 1980 riot type event in Miami the police casualties will be astronomical and this political farce would have come home to roost.
It is sad that people will have to die for others to see the stupidity of it all.

Unregistered
08-14-2017, 06:44 PM
With the implementation of Affirmative Action and the subsequent hiring of people who did not have the aptitude for this job, there needs to be someone to handle what used to be handled by the average street cop. In the event of another 1980 riot type event in Miami the police casualties will be astronomical and this political farce would have come home to roost.
It is sad that people will have to die for others to see the stupidity of it all.

Wrong, the ethnicity, race and gender diversity of current public and private employment hiring practices are exactly why Miami-Dade County has not had a riot (or will, for that matter) for 37 years. Stop romanticizing the past - adapt or rot - your choice.

Unregistered
08-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Wrong, the ethnicity, race and gender diversity of current public and private employment hiring practices are exactly why Miami-Dade County has not had a riot (or will, for that matter) for 37 years. Stop romanticizing the past - adapt or rot - your choice.

Funny how you failed to mention qualifications and ability to do the job. Perhaps you can explain why we did away with virtually all pre-employment standards in order to accommodate the unfit.
I was a TA at the "Academy" for years, please do not urinate down my back and tell me is raining.
There is no romanticizing of the past; history will repeat itself, it always does.

Unregistered
08-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Funny how you failed to mention qualifications and ability to do the job. Perhaps you can explain why we did away with virtually all pre-employment standards in order to accommodate the unfit.
I was a TA at the "Academy" for years, please do not urinate down my back and tell me is raining.
There is no romanticizing of the past; history will repeat itself, it always does.

What is funny is how you conveniently forget the current crop of leaders who are rapists, pedophiles, drug dealers, thieves, and scammers with 20+ years with the dept. Are these individuals the better qualified officers you are talking about? Did you train and pass any of them? Be honest, no one will know your name.

Unregistered
08-15-2017, 07:18 PM
What is funny is how you conveniently forget the current crop of leaders who are rapists, pedophiles, drug dealers, thieves, and scammers with 20+ years with the dept. Are these individuals the better qualified officers you are talking about? Did you train and pass any of them? Be honest, no one will know your name.

Of course I did, but then I wasn't responsible for lowering the standards that resulted in those people being hired. BTW, those were the folks that were hired after the 1980 disturbances that you feel I romanticize. Aren't these the people who's mere presence calms people down so they wont riot?
You are supposed to pass the kool aid, not drink it yourself.

Unregistered
08-16-2017, 03:45 PM
Of course I did, but then I wasn't responsible for lowering the standards that resulted in those people being hired. BTW, those were the folks that were hired after the 1980 disturbances that you feel I romanticize. Aren't these the people who's mere presence calms people down so they wont riot?

I get it now; in your opinion the only officers worthy of your glorified standard are those hired over 37 years ago. Suit them up in RDF gear. I'll bring the AED.

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 12:23 PM
I get it now; in your opinion the only officers worthy of your glorified standard are those hired over 37 years ago. Suit them up in RDF gear. I'll bring the AED.

You must be one of those Progressive Liberals that has problems with reading comprehension when the conversation doesn't go your way. The topic was standards of hiring and standards of training. Call me and tell me how the "New Breed" is going to work out for you in a real emergency.
BTW, do you know why we were not asked to respond to Mississippi after Katrina? The people in charge were afraid that instead of us helping the people, they would have had to take care of us and we would become a drain on their resources.

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 01:49 PM
This is an interesting argument between representatives of two generations of MDPD cops. Having worked in the midst of both generations I can say by experience that there were great people and misfits at any time in our department. I remember an individual who worked with me at the old Midwest district back in the 1980s who was a PBA rep and a Catholic Church volunteer and he was arrested for stealing monies from collection baskets! Through the years I remember individuals being arrested for usage and distribution of narcotics, sexual crimes on minors and even murder. I must say though in the old days there was a line in the sand you did not cross and experience and tenure were much more respected than they are now. Push up challenges and break dancing in front of HQ would have gotten you laughed out of the department. One thing is for certain, social media has changed the entire ball game.

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 03:15 PM
This is an interesting argument between representatives of two generations of MDPD cops. Having worked in the midst of both generations I can say by experience that there were great people and misfits at any time in our department. I remember an individual who worked with me at the old Midwest district back in the 1980s who was a PBA rep and a Catholic Church volunteer and he was arrested for stealing monies from collection baskets! Through the years I remember individuals being arrested for usage and distribution of narcotics, sexual crimes on minors and even murder. I must say though in the old days there was a line in the sand you did not cross and experience and tenure were much more respected than they are now. Push up challenges and break dancing in front of HQ would have gotten you laughed out of the department. One thing is for certain, social media has changed the entire ball game.

NAIL IT! Thanks, I was nodding as I read....well said.

Unregistered
08-20-2017, 12:47 AM

Just go to the training bureau look at the classes