PDA

View Full Version : Professional Courtesy

03-09-2010, 06:35 PM
I am traveling to Miami Beach for Memorial Day weekend. Can anyone advise if they extend courtesy down there. I've heard horror stories about Florida cops but it's mostly about the troopers.

03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I for one know Miami Beach will extend courtesy to another P.O. from another jurisdiction. The troopers outside of Miami-Dade County more often than not are jerks. -City of Miami Cop

06-03-2010, 09:26 AM
For some reason or another FHP troopers are brainwashed into thinking that they are the elite of law enforcement in Fl there fore they will have no problem writing you for speeding on the turnpike or I-95. You will never get a ticket from a city officer or County deputy. There are quite a few troopers who believe in the brootherhood but then again there are not. I even recieived a citation for speeding in Martin County by a FHP trooper. I bet she slept better that night knowing she stroked one of her fellow officers. She even made me stand on the side of the road while she emptied out my clip of my compact glock. Must of made her feel important knowing she had the power to empty out my magazine clip. I wonder what would of happened if I refused to give up my gun but at that time I did not know I was receiving a ticket so I went along with what she said. If I had known all along her intention was to give me a ticket I probabaly wouldnt have handed over my gun. So to all my Brothers up in New York and Northeat area its the FHP who write other officers. Be safe guys and gals. BTW, I am a city officer for 22 years and my base annual salary is $82500 and the same FHP trooper with the same amount of years would not even come close to that. Maybe why that why they are so angry and have a hard on against other officers.