PDA

View Full Version : SRO'S

03-06-2010, 09:59 PM
I was just curious to know why certain SRO's do not have to wear their vests while on duty. Aren't schools a potentially dangerous area? I think someone needs to look into this ASAP. During a receant "tour" of a middle school, I observed the SRO without his vest. I did mention it to him and he stated in an arrogant manner that they "did not need to wear it." Is this true. Come on, I know you are overweight and a two faced moron but come on safety first.

03-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Here's a suggestion - call the PD and ask there instead of coming on here and foaming at the mouth on a forum where you will probably not get an appropriate answer. You started out sounding okay and lost your credibility with the moron comment. If you're a parent and you truly care, make that call. If not, turn on Bravo and watch Housewives on NYC where you will find all of the drama you need (you know you watch it).

03-06-2010, 10:04 PM
SRO'S what a waste of time and money. They are the cops that can't make it on the streets, oh the real tuff streets of Cape Coral. Hey no running in the hallways!!!!

03-06-2010, 10:13 PM
SRO's are valuable resources within schools. You clearly have no experience in an educational setting.

03-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey Sid, u r 100% correct. BTW r u going to motors? I think it will be a great fit and can't wait to see u on a bike. How can u manage working with the "cabinet makers wife" and those other idiots. You are the only real officer up there, keep up the good work.

Get rid of the FOP and remain a true right to work state. Bunch of morons with too much time on their hands.

03-06-2010, 10:15 PM
LOL, you've got a lot of hutzpa telling a Cape Coral SRO he ain't doing it right! Who do you think you are, JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!

As for CC Middles schools being a potentially dangerous area...yeah i guess so, maybe if your from Martha's Vineyard or something. :wink:

03-06-2010, 10:18 PM
It has been awhile since I have been on here but the truth is that the SRO that is being refered to is so out of shape he is in danger of not being able to get out of his chair if he puts his vest.

03-06-2010, 10:22 PM
SRO's are valuable resources within schools.
Umm, to who?

03-06-2010, 10:24 PM
What a bunch of lazy cops at the schools always crying at the FOP meetings me me me I want :devil:

03-06-2010, 10:28 PM
SRO"s do it in the lunch room.
I have more respect for the crossing guards

03-06-2010, 10:39 PM
You started out sounding okay and lost your credibility with the moron comment.Meh, he probably lost his credibility when he blew her off and squashed her concerns for his safety. Hence the opinion he's a moron.

I've got to wonder... Of all the cops who have been shot while wearing their vest i wonder how many of them wore their vests as a matter of routine, and how many thought "You know what i don't usually wear this thing but i better wear it today because i got this feeling i might need it"?

03-06-2010, 10:42 PM
You started out sounding okay and lost your credibility with the moron comment.Meh, he probably lost his credibility when he blew her off and squashed her concerns for his safety. Hence the opinion he's a moron.

I've got to wonder... Of all the cops who have been shot while wearing their vest i wonder how many of them wore their vests as a matter of routine, and how many thought "You know what i don't usually wear this thing but i better wear it today because i got this feeling i might need it"?
Hey my boy Joe AKA Ugly worn his vest all the time.

03-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Vests are a lot like seat belts. If you don't wear them they don't do you any good.

Heck in FL it's a primary offense to not wear your seat belt and if you don't you'll get pulled over and written a ticket for it. Is deciding to wear your vest at your discretion? Do we need a new public safety law making it mandatory for your own good? :wink:

03-06-2010, 10:59 PM
But if someone is REALLY concerned, they should call the department and ask a live person instead of ranting on a forum. The perceived arrogance of the SRO might have been in response to a bad attitude (someone who is willing to get on here and rant instead of just calling the department - where it will actually make a difference).

03-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Vests are a lot like seat belts. If you don't wear them they don't do you any good.

Heck in FL it's a primary offense to not wear your seat belt and if you don't you'll get pulled over and written a ticket for it. Is deciding to wear your vest at your discretion? Do we need a new public safety law making it mandatory for your own good? :wink:

Darwinism......

03-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Don't wear vests and are allowed to chew tobbacco on school property! U gotta be kidding me! ADMIN, SGTS, FOP, someone please help and make it fair for everyone else. I don't smoke or chew but if SRO's are allowed to like LS at Gulf Middle then people like my man JK should be able to smoke in their vehicles while on patrol.

I also want this matter to be looked into and a letter of reprimand be placed in this pigs file.

03-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Some of you people have no idea what it involves to be a SRO, I can't speak for all but I do know it is what you make of it and the workload is far greater than the preception from the outside looking in. Watch the news or search the net for school shootings and other incidents and then tell me that SRO's are not needed. I know you "guests" and "fake names" are now gonna take shots at me for posting on here, but I could care less. I did the SRO thing for a year and loved it. Stop stereotyping and making all look bad for isolated incidents by the few.

03-07-2010, 01:32 AM
So answer the question JACK,

Are SRO's exempt from CCPD policy for not wearing their duty vests and being allowed to use tobacco products on school grounds?

What are the SRO's trained to duty in an active shooter situation - Inform students and staff to wait 2 minutes while he runs out to trunk of car and puts on his duty vest.

Wow! That makes me feel great as an individual with two children in Cape schools with SRO's. Yes, we do have possibly two respectable SRO's that do their job proactively and abide by policy, but the other ones are a laughing stock.

So please someone enforce policy amongst our SRO's, enough is enough and the tax payers deserve a first responder in their schools that are ready to rock and roll if need be.

The newspress needs to and will be informed about SRO's not wearing vests and using tobacco while in school, write that down JACK.

03-07-2010, 02:24 AM
Back to the original comment: If there is a concern, then call the department directly. Nobody knows who is legitimately answering on these boards and if the information is even accurate. If someone is violating policy (or the law by having tobacco on school property), address it directly.

03-07-2010, 02:26 AM
I can't speak for what others due, there are GO and SOP violations going on all over this and I'm guessing every department in the world. Here's an idea if you are an officer with CCPD then either take upon yourself to speak to that such officer or go to that officers supervisor instead of postiing on here yet again under "guest". Talk bout respect, no respect is given when "guests" run their lips.

03-07-2010, 02:32 AM
EVERYONE " TO THE YOUTH CENTER AND PUT ON THE GLOVES".

03-07-2010, 02:23 PM
ccpd officers as sro's are a joke. put on your vests while on duty and ls quite chewing tobacco while on school grounds. newspress is going to hear abt this one.

03-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Is the News-Press going to hear about your lack of ability to write complete sentences, or use proper sentence structure and spelling? Is that how you write your reports also?

03-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Some of you people have no idea what it involves to be a SRO, I can't speak for all but I do know it is what you make of it and the workload is far greater than the preception from the outside looking in. Watch the news or search the net for school shootings and other incidents and then tell me that SRO's are not needed. I know you "guests" and "fake names" are now gonna take shots at me for posting on here, but I could care less. I did the SRO thing for a year and loved it. Stop stereotyping and making all look bad for isolated incidents by the few.
Hey Jack is it true your going to be on the dating day show.

03-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Of course it's true you ****-tard!

03-24-2010, 03:20 PM
nothing but clowns

03-25-2010, 04:03 PM
That's not fair, there's some fools and thieves too.

warfreakyanix
04-12-2010, 09:41 PM
EVERYONE " TO THE YOUTH CENTER AND PUT ON THE GLOVES".
Why we should put on the gloves? To prepare the fight?

07-14-2010, 01:43 AM
They need to be cut :evil:

07-22-2010, 10:55 PM
LS needs to be let go from the SRO position.

08-15-2010, 04:01 PM
AA for FOP president anyone? LOL. BTW: Thanks BA for doing what you did.

08-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Lenny, you work with these guys! I can only imagine what u say behind the backs of those you don't work with. WOW

09-02-2010, 01:19 AM
nothing but clowns

I'd rather have my kids in a school that has an SRO than at a school with none. Ever hear of Colombine or Virginia Tech? Probably not. Please wash your hands before you flip any more burgers.