PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill

02-25-2010, 04:03 PM
I heard a rumor that the command staff is considering moving personnel around, namely the Sgts. Whose bright idea is this?
Our moral can't get much lower with the threat of layoffs and lack of direction from the top, in addition to being one of the lowest paid sheriff's offices in the state.

I can't wait for the change, now we'll have some really pissed off supervisors, who may be forced to relocate to a different district. If there is a particular problem, address it, Don't punish everyone else. Perhaps the Lieutenants need to be held accountable?

02-25-2010, 09:30 PM
The Lt's are ALWAYS held accountable. It is about time Sgt.'s stood up to some scrutiny. Do you think the Lt's always want to move when they are told to? Was ANYONE in the sheriff's department guaranteed a certain area or shift to work for their entire career. GROW UP. I say it is about time the Sgt's were looked at & held accountable.

02-26-2010, 01:02 AM
It was Otis' bright idea. For everyone on the butt kissing and brown nosing squad, get you lips away from the royal anus for a second. Otis thinks some of the sgts are too buddy/buddy with some of the troops or they just been in some places for too long. Kinda reminds me of a sheriff, major, a captain and Lt we all know. So it is possible that The Great Narcisist will move the sgts. The onyl questions would be, since he never seems to get out into the field to meet with the guys, how would he know if the sgts are being bestest buddies, or BFF, or whatever the hell you call it, unless someone is feeding it too him?

02-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Come on, if anyone is feeding Hall, its #2. When has he ever been held acountable for any of the lies he has told. Never forget, whatever you say to Hall goes back to Collier and he will make changes or do anything he can to screw anyone--and whatever you say or whatever someone says you say gets to Collier he will do whatever he can to screw you. Collier is a liar, I know--he lied about me. Just do the best job you can.

02-26-2010, 01:40 PM
To The Usual, Wes are you back posting on a LEO site? If not Wes, you must be from his off-spring. Ok, I'll grow up :devil:

02-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Has anyone considered it MAY be a few Sergeants that got this going?

There are some that run to Unit 1 when they aren't getting what they want.

02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
So when is this great event going to take place? How many, who, where, the normal questions attached to a rumor. I guess the sheriff just might shake things up due to the fact he is going to be forced to in October. Since you are so close to the rumor mill how many deputies are going to be laid off. I hear one higher number deputy emailed the sheriff and asked him point blank. He was told by the man that there will be no deputies laid off. So get some good information for the rumor mill.

02-26-2010, 09:58 PM
If he's not laying off why is he telling the CC's and the newspaper different?

02-26-2010, 10:51 PM
If he's not laying off why is he telling the CC's and the newspaper different?

Here's a guess out of left field..........to make the public aware of what's going on around here. But, maybe I'm way off base.

02-27-2010, 03:45 AM
If they want to move some people around to make more use of their manpower, the admin should start with district Lt’s. Nothing against the district Lt’s, but times are tough and changes need to be made to allocate more manpower where it belongs. We currently have five district Lt’s, one court security Lt, one IA Lt, and two patrol Lt’s. Admin could get rid of the district Lt position altogether. The current District Lt’s, and the court security Lt could be working a shift like the current patrol Lt’s. One Lt could be assigned to the north end and one to the south end, days and nights on both rotations. Take the remaining Lt and assign him to the main office as a paper pusher to handle the previous “district Lt’s” administrative duties. The patrol Lt’s will be responsible for the paperwork generated by their shift, therefore one Lt should be able to handle the left over administrative duties. Move the property crimes guys under major crimes and promote one Sgt to run property crimes. Close the district offices to the public and then leave them open only for officers to muster and handle paperwork, leave the admin asst as well. The voters didn’t want to pay any more taxes, so let them drive to East Milton to file their petit theft complaint. I think compstat is ineffective, but our admin sure seems to love it. This change would also give the Lt’s some control over the things they are being held accountable for. If you want the Lt’s accountable you can’t make them much more accountable than putting them out there where it all goes down. I know this will never happen, but this makes more sense to me. It would put more cops on the street, plus one in property crimes. Maybe when the citizens have to drive to Milton for everything they will realize that things are just as bare bones as the Sheriff says they are.

02-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Rats are swimming and the boat isn't leaking, yet...

So you want to fire the Lt's? Hmmm many years compared to little years.

Good luck with that one.

02-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Rats are swimming and the boat isn't leaking, yet...

So you want to fire the Lt's? Hmmm many years compared to little years.

Good luck with that one.

WTF???? I read this entire thread and I didn’t anything about firing Lieutenant’s. I hope your not a Lieutenant, cause u can’t read for shit.

03-01-2010, 11:30 AM
If they want to move some people around to make more use of their manpower, the admin should start with district Lt’s. Nothing against the district Lt’s, but times are tough and changes need to be made to allocate more manpower where it belongs. We currently have five district Lt’s, one court security Lt, one IA Lt, and two patrol Lt’s. Admin could get rid of the district Lt position altogether. The current District Lt’s, and the court security Lt could be working a shift like the current patrol Lt’s. One Lt could be assigned to the north end and one to the south end, days and nights on both rotations. Take the remaining Lt and assign him to the main office as a paper pusher to handle the previous “district Lt’s” administrative duties. The patrol Lt’s will be responsible for the paperwork generated by their shift, therefore one Lt should be able to handle the left over administrative duties. Move the property crimes guys under major crimes and promote one Sgt to run property crimes. Close the district offices to the public and then leave them open only for officers to muster and handle paperwork, leave the admin asst as well. The voters didn’t want to pay any more taxes, so let them drive to East Milton to file their petit theft complaint. I think compstat is ineffective, but our admin sure seems to love it. This change would also give the Lt’s some control over the things they are being held accountable for. If you want the Lt’s accountable you can’t make them much more accountable than putting them out there where it all goes down. I know this will never happen, but this makes more sense to me. It would put more cops on the street, plus one in property crimes. Maybe when the citizens have to drive to Milton for everything they will realize that things are just as bare bones as the Sheriff says they are.

That sounds as good as anything the admin has come up with. Send it up the chain. If you don't want to do that, put it in the suggestion box.

03-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Suggestion box is always a good idea. Its a great thing to add to command's to do list when they have their meetings so they can sit around and discuss how to bull$hit their way out of doing the right thing in favor of making the sheriff look good. When they are done they post in the suggestion response so everyone can have that warm and fuzzy opinion that no matter what, they are right. Admin defenders, since you have your faces in the asses of the sheriff's goons and smelling of poo afterward this dont apply to you. Just keep on doing what you do best just as advice refrain from doing so if they just ate mexican food.

03-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Suggestion box is always a good idea. Its a great thing to add to command's to do list when they have their meetings so they can sit around and discuss how to bull$hit their way out of doing the right thing in favor of making the sheriff look good. When they are done they post in the suggestion response so everyone can have that warm and fuzzy opinion that no matter what, they are right. Admin defenders, since you have your faces in the asses of the sheriff's goons and smelling of poo afterward this dont apply to you. Just keep on doing what you do best just as advice refrain from doing so if they just ate mexican food.

Veteran Monkey!!!