PDA

View Full Version : Military

02-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Can anyone give me some advice as to what department has better overall benefits and upward mobility. I've been in the military for the last four years and haven't been home in awhile but the departments I plan to apply to are BSO,PBSO, and Miami Dade. The benefits I am interested in are top out pay,retirement,take-home and family insurance. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe.

02-24-2010, 04:03 AM
Almost forgot I have full sleeve tattoos on both arms. The tattoos are not gang related or offensive. I know some departments now are not hiring because of tattoos so I'm not sure if this would hinder my getting hired.

02-25-2010, 11:25 AM
MDPD or BSO is not hiring anyone anytime soon. We just don't have the budget allowed to do anything. PBSO will be your best bet unless you want to work for a small dept.

02-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the advice.
Stay safe

02-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Almost forgot I have full sleeve tattoos on both arms. The tattoos are not gang related or offensive. I know some departments now are not hiring because of tattoos so I'm not sure if this would hinder my getting hired.

Do you have one of a heart with "Mom" written on it? That will help a lot!! :lol:

0939dcj
02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Call Charles at MDSPD, he can help you join. He wears lot's of Tat's. Call him ASAP. :evil: :evil: :evil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: