PDA

View Full Version : Layoffs coming?

02-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Once again I use the most unreliable source I can think of, the PNJ. Headline "SRC to lose 50 deputies", the first budget meetings at the CC level is this afternoon, open to the public if your interested. Lets see, if the sheriff got out of a 5% cut last year because he saved some money, what happens when he has to cut 5% more this year. Wait, that will be a 10% cut, 27.5 million minus 10%, now where is he going to get close to 3 million dollars to save some deputies this year? The jail can not be cut, we have to have one deputy per judge, we have ever increasing aging cars, our step increases have been stopped, we don't have enough civilians now, it is not looking good for the people on patrol.

For the admin defenders the paper quoted Otis "I will not support a MTBU if the people don't vote on it". The CC's don't have to vote on it they just have to pass it 4 to 5. Is he going to run again ? He is not going to go out on a political limb so I would guess he plans on being around for a while. From now to Oct 1 the pressure on the people on patrol is going to be outrageous, am I going to have a job or not? Each of you get home safe every night.

02-23-2010, 09:23 PM
that was said because the shurf cares only about himself not us. hes too concerned about his next election to stand up grow a pair and sell it to the cc. mstu would save jobs and help get new cars and stuff. wendell is like the cc too interested in reelection and putting money in others pockets

02-24-2010, 12:49 AM
If the sheriff had cared about his people he would have gotten rid of #2 on the first day of his first term. Hall does a lot of talking to his people, mostly lies.

02-26-2010, 06:48 PM
I find the lack of replies to this post amazing. Even I can see that things aren't good with the normal zero information coming from the front office. Are we facing layoffs or not? Do the officers of SRC deserve to know not only how many, but who? How about putting a list out of where everyone in the agency falls so everyone will know where they stand? Then if its 10, 20, or 50 we will know if the axe is going to fall on us. I know that the jail and others are not included but tell the road deputies where we stand. The admin has to know this information already so what is the problem? So now the defenders of the admin can tell us that they don't have to so quit crying. It is the lack of giving a sh$t about us that is the telling point on where we stand. If the answer is we don't know, still put out the list so the individual can decide if it is time to go or not. The silence is deafening.

02-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Save everyone your frickin' beating of the dead horse and go find a job elsewhere.

Oh, you can't? Then shut up and deal with the rough times like the rest of us.

02-27-2010, 04:13 AM
I find the lack of replies to this post amazing. Even I can see that things aren't good with the normal zero information coming from the front office. Are we facing layoffs or not? Do the officers of SRC deserve to know not only how many, but who? How about putting a list out of where everyone in the agency falls so everyone will know where they stand? Then if its 10, 20, or 50 we will know if the axe is going to fall on us. I know that the jail and others are not included but tell the road deputies where we stand. The admin has to know this information already so what is the problem? So now the defenders of the admin can tell us that they don't have to so quit crying. It is the lack of giving a sh$t about us that is the telling point on where we stand. If the answer is we don't know, still put out the list so the individual can decide if it is time to go or not. The silence is deafening.

The first problem that you have is that you are attempting to gain credible information from leoaffairs. If you want to know what’s going on why don’t you go talk to unit 1. He is not perfect, but he’s not a liar. He will tell you what he knows. But at this point he probably doesn’t know for sure what will happen. This is February and the fiscal year doesn’t end until September. The truth is that no one will probably know for sure until it gets closer to September. Why don’t you talk to the Sheriff, check the county commission meeting agenda’s, and attend the meetings where this issue will be discussed. You are wasting your time by trying to find out any reliable information from an anonymous forum. I am not a butt kisser, golden boy, or admin defender, but it seems that you expect Unit 1 to give you daily updates on information that he is most likely still uncertain about. When they had to lay off the civilians, the Sheriff did not know if he was going to have to lay them off until the budget hearing in September. I think if they don’t give the Sheriff the budget he requested, he should appeal to Tallahassee. I think he has a good argument, no raises, laid off employees, budget remained the same, hiring freeze, no new positions, etc….

02-28-2010, 06:37 PM
What part of PUBLISH THE SENIORITY LIST is so hard to understand. Yes, no one might get laid off. Yes, 50 people might get laid off. Yes, he does not know. For a change let the deputies know where they stand, that is not a unreasonable request. Yes, there will be questions on how the list was put together. Yes, there are glaring questions about the people in the court house that could not make it through FTO but are senior. Yes, there are deputies that are higher in radio number that came out of the jail to go to the road that have been here longer. Why wait until September? It is counter productive, go ahead admin supporters, turn the suction up. It will be March tomorrow, watch, here is a prediction, no one will know until the pink slips are given out on Sept 1. Why the prediction, because they have never and will never explain anything to anyone, especially a bunch of deputies who can't even get together as a FOP lodge and have some minor input.

03-02-2010, 12:23 AM
The pink slips won't actually come until October 1, since that is the start of the new fiscal year.

03-02-2010, 06:10 PM
What part of PUBLISH THE SENIORITY LIST is so hard to understand. Yes, no one might get laid off. Yes, 50 people might get laid off. Yes, he does not know. For a change let the deputies know where they stand, that is not a unreasonable request. Yes, there will be questions on how the list was put together. Yes, there are glaring questions about the people in the court house that could not make it through FTO but are senior. Yes, there are deputies that are higher in radio number that came out of the jail to go to the road that have been here longer. Why wait until September? It is counter productive, go ahead admin supporters, turn the suction up. It will be March tomorrow, watch, here is a prediction, no one will know until the pink slips are given out on Sept 1. Why the prediction, because they have never and will never explain anything to anyone, especially a bunch of deputies who can't even get together as a FOP lodge and have some minor input.

Anger management classes, or even medication may help you.

Have you been to HR and asked for a hire list? Or are you concerned that may put you in the spotlight?

Or keep *****ing, it's getting to be funny.

03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Dont worry, the sheriff will lay off who he wants. Doesnt matter what the contract say, he will just make sure they change the General Order in the dark of night. He has changed it before, he will do it again. Dont worry, just put your resume's out. As long as Collier in on board you are never sure if you have a career or job the next day. He will just make up some BS and screw your career. What a POS, and Hall just lets him do it.

03-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Once again I realize that this department is full of a bunch of p*&#%#@. If everyone retains their job there are a group of us that b#^%h about the fact that we did not get a raise. We will have to revisit this issue every year until the community steps up and pays more taxes or the economy gets back on it's feet. We all know that the tax issue probably will not happen. We also know that we can not count on the CC's. So what do we do, we turn on each other. No lets not try and unite and support each other in these difficult times. Let's whine, cry and complain about could happen. None of us can see into the future, not even the Sheriff. Does he always do what I want him to do, NO. If I were the sheriff I couldn't please everyone. I hope everyone keeps their jobs. I will gladly miss my annual 2.5% pay raise that was promised to me, to keep everyone employed. We all have the same choice, deal with the current situation or move on. I take a very hard line appraoch to this profession. We are the protectors of the community. We are the ones that have taken an oath to defend the weak and those that are not able or willing to protect themselves. If you do not have that same approach, move on. We should all look at ourselves from time to time. Ask yourself, am I doing evreything I can to improve my situation or am I just adding to everyone's stress about possible job losses.

03-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Your post name knuckle bragger must be a indicator of you intelligence level. If everyone in the SO does their best, never wavering from the highest level of professionalism, every minute of everyday, then the sheriff still doesn't give a damn. There have been no indicators that he is fighting in the slightest for the deputies. The initial meeting for budget matters has taken place and he was told to bite the bullet. The CC's can spend 400 grand on land around Whiting field but pay deputies, hell no! The official budget request doesn't go in until June, the fighting goes on July and August. The layoffs start Sept 1, that is because he, by law, has to give us 30 days notice. The moral of this story is Otis wants to be the first 4 time sheriff in SR county, you can't rock the boat and get that done.

Knuckle dragger, did you see the lead story on ch 3 news last night? They, Esacambia, are putting more deputies on the road, they also still have 10 openings, what a difference. Don't ask for a MTSU, a millage rate increase, a penny sales tax, just watch what happens in the oncoming months. When it all happens it will be a dark day, but if Otis doesn't grow a pair it will happen. If he fights for us and loses we will at least know that our leader went down with and effort to support us.

03-21-2010, 06:39 PM
$hit he aint going to fight for us. He likes to give that apearance he will but he wont. His objective is to get relected and that is all his sorry a$$ cares about. Aint nothing going to change, we will lose the deputies, he'll get re-elected and the same dumba$$es that have ran the SO will go on running it, straight into the ground. Watch and see how many deputies get terminated in the next year or so. Wendell Hall is a horrible sheriff and he is no leader at all.