PDA

View Full Version : New Chief

02-20-2010, 04:52 PM
So what is up with the new chief? There are like 100 applications already. Maybe the City Manager figures why name a chief when he is leaving soon himself.

02-20-2010, 05:55 PM
He is waiting for the guy who heads FDLE here to apply

02-22-2010, 12:43 AM
He's waiting a couple of more years so Potato 1 to be qualified.. Long live P1!!! He already does what ever he wants, why not just give him full control..

03-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Name the finalists. Brooks, Rojas, Who else?

03-03-2010, 03:24 AM
I called the Manager and recommended that Richard Naue remain as the chief.

03-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Morima, I called the pound and reported you were running around w/o a leash!

03-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Hey Morima...

I heard that you fell out of bed on your vacation in Chile last weekend... Thanks for shifting the earth.

03-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Hey MORIMA I heard you had a 3-SUM with EH and Paris!

03-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Don't worry, FF is coming and P-1 will soon be done. :devil:

03-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Not FF. TC is coming.

03-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Not FF nor TC looks more PG or perhaps PG-13.
Outside chance of GE or AT &T, maybe LOL, or LMAO
Never know if OMG or BRB are going too.
Isn't it fun to cowardly right in cryptic lines?
You Bet Your Azz (YBYA) it is.

03-13-2010, 06:17 PM
I think you meant "write" not "right" didn't you buddy. When criticizing please refer to your elementary school spelling book.

03-16-2010, 06:31 PM
"I think you meant "write" not "right" didn't you buddy.

You need question mark there Porky.
...and I quote: " When criticizing please refer to your elementary school spelling book."

03-16-2010, 07:21 PM
lol, the new C.G.P.D. its just getting better! :oops:

03-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Actually I think that is a declarative sentence and a period is the correct punctuation.

03-20-2010, 02:57 AM
No.
This is a declarative sentence.
I declare that you are a CGPD idiot, one of many.

True Blue 4 ever
03-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Some City of Miami Officers told me it would not be TC because he had a bad sexual harassment complaint in the City of Miami involving Officer Daisy Montes. Cost the City lots of money, early retirement for Officer Montes paid by the tax payers. All the issues at City Hall this will not play out good. The City Manager has to make someone squeaky clean. Too bad they said he was a good guy.

03-22-2010, 02:31 AM
Wrong info. Fuentes had an EEOC complaint against the city, something to do with swat,cannon was swat commander and was named in the complaint. It was a boogus complaint but the city settled for a minimal amount. She resigned. He is squeakly clean.

03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
The poster is correct the female officer involved is a Baker Act who filed a EEOC complaint against the city. He ex-husband or boyfriend ( F. Dagustino) was a sgt. on SWAT so she tried for SWAT to screw with him. One of her many issues in the complaint was that the SWAT standards were discrimatory against women. Cannon was the SWAT Commander at the time so he was named. She cut a deal with the city and got a small payout to resign. She was not eligible to retire and did not even recieve a years salary when she left.

Sounds like someone from the new staff at the city is trying to harm cannon because he spoke his mind about them. He is a standup guy and the best "cop" I have seen as a chief at MPD.

03-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Sorry SWAT guys but your spin will not work here I did a little research. Here goes the truth; the incident had nothing to do with him being the SWAT commander. He made inappropriate statements about Officer Montes on the police radio over the air. As you know, the police channels are recorded. She filed an Internal Affairs complaint. The investigation found TC guilty. He was written a reprimand that is a permanent part of his file and a public record. You can get a copy for 1$ call MPD IA at (305) 835-2000, you can view it free at the Miami Police Internal Affairs Office located at 1313 NW 36 Street, 5th Floor, Miami, Florida. Officer Montes had 6 years before she was eligible for retirement. As part of the lawsuit settlement, the City of Miami paid her 6 years of salary without having to go to work. They allowed her to retire after the 6th year with full benefits. Do the math; I know it is hard for you to concentrate on anything but jogging and pushups so I will help you. 6 years at 50+ salary is over $300,000.00 and then include the 3 ½ % multiplier per year for 6 years= 21% added to her retirement for her entire life. Then add the COLA after the 3rd year. This poor judgment will cost the City of Miami taxpayers over a million dollars. She was only in her 40s when she retired. Just a little more than your calculations not bad for a baker act, now let us see who the nut is! The Miami Herald and the Coral Gables Gazette would have field day. Good luck, give me 50 pushups and shut up. :devil:

03-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Your info is totally incorrect. Cannon is a standup guy. He always defended the troops when they deserved defending. He held those in his command to the highest standards and led by example. He was always assigned to units that needes to be straightened out. Where ever he worked morale was high. There were always those who were discontent because he made everyone do there job and if he didn't they were transferred, no matter who there mentors were. CG you would be lucky to have him as your Chief.

03-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Sorry SWAT guys but your spin will not work here I did a little research. Here goes the truth; the incident had nothing to do with him being the SWAT commander. He made inappropriate statements about Officer Montes on the police radio over the air. As you know, the police channels are recorded. She filed an Internal Affairs complaint. The investigation found TC guilty. He was written a reprimand that is a permanent part of his file and a public record. You can get a copy for 1$ call MPD IA at (305) 835-2000, you can view it free at the Miami Police Internal Affairs Office located at 1313 NW 36 Street, 5th Floor, Miami, Florida. Officer Montes had 6 years before she was eligible for retirement. As part of the lawsuit settlement, the City of Miami paid her 6 years of salary without having to go to work. They allowed her to retire after the 6th year with full benefits. Do the math; I know it is hard for you to concentrate on anything but jogging and pushups so I will help you. 6 years at 50+ salary is over $300,000.00 and then include the 3 ½ % multiplier per year for 6 years= 21% added to her retirement for her entire life. Then add the COLA after the 3rd year. This poor judgment will cost the City of Miami taxpayers over a million dollars. She was only in her 40s when she retired. Just a little more than your calculations not bad for a baker act, now let us see who the nut is! The Miami Herald and the Coral Gables Gazette would have field day. Good luck, give me 50 pushups and shut up. :devil:

Post is incorrect. Call IA for public record if you would like to know the truth. It will cost you more than $1 though.

03-23-2010, 12:37 PM
The poster is totally incorrect and I'm not a SWAT guy. First I think it is funny that people on here are fighting over a retired chief from another department who, based on the number of applicants, has one chance in a hundred of being hired at CGPD. Second, these negative posts are being written by some one at the city that was a slug and had to be dealt with.

IA doesnt investigate Sexual Harrassment/EEOC complaints at the city. So that info is wrong. The officer filed numerous complaints against anything and anyone to try to make a case against the city. She was finally paid off to go away. She got very little to leave and did not recieve a pension. The city pensioin board determines who gets a pension and and you cant get one in a settlement with the city legal department, so wrong again. The officer was a total Baker Act, but played the system for all she could get out of it. Cannons involvement was as the SWAT Commander and not letting her talk to a Baker Act on a CIT call out because she was a baker herself.

Cannon is very tough but very fair. I doubt he will come to CGPD, but we could do a lot worse

03-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Taken from Gables Gazette:

Coral Gables is out of control. It is starting to look like Homestead. Most Directors are out.

The Police Department is a mess. The Naue Group; Chief Naue, Major Hiddak & Major Ginn in one group with support from the FOP they are supporting Tom Cannon(ex-City of Miami) for the Chiefs position in exchange for a promise to make Huddak an Asst. Chief later. They are trying to influence the commissioners and mayor. Huddak’s wife an Asst. Director for Miami Dade County is pulling all the strings and calling in all the favors.

The Ana Baxiauli Group; Major Pedroso, Major McNichols & Major Massington in the other group with support from Liz Hernandez (City Atty) & Commissioner Cabrera. They are pushing for Major Pedroso. They are plotting and trying to get votes on the commission to get Salerno out before Liz is canned.

What an embarrassment of a police department. They actually think they know what they are doing. A bunch of pre-Madonna’s.

How does the FOP President who is the son in-law of Chief Naue work out of the Chiefs Office directly for him?

Has anyone ever heard of nepotism?

Can anyone say ethics commission?

Patrick G. Salerno he works for you and a direct representation on you. They say you (manager) are trying to save money by not naming a Chief so you are saving on the Asst. Chiefs position salary that is vacant. That is $120,000 in savings. In the mean time, we are in limbo, no chief, no asst. chief and a bunch of major’s wannabe chiefs. What a mess!

Wake up and smell the coffee.

This department is going to hell fast in a breadbasket. Morale is the lowest I have seen in 15 years, the infighting pins officers against others and everyone is pissed off. That is how they treat the public. This area patrol stuff is crap, it does not work, and the rookies handle all the calls. The older people hang out all day. It is good for me but not good for the citizens of Coral Gables.

The COPS need help, leadership, not a bunch of spineless politicians!

said Gables Cop pissed Off and pissed on. at 22-Mar-10 10:16 PM

03-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Folks Tom Cannon from MPD is only one of many qualified applicants for your chief's job. Assuming that the allegations mentioned here were true, and I know they are not, you would still be better off with Cannon as a chief than say the walking legend Frank Fernandez, AKA Boy King. GOD help you if your stupid City Manager, Salerno picks this idiot. Good luck to you.

03-25-2010, 03:13 AM
I was finally able to speck with the City Manager and advised him that Chief Naue is doing a fine job and should remain as the Chief.

03-26-2010, 12:51 AM
ALL YOU SOUND LIKE YOU MISS FRANK HE WILL BE BACK WHERE IS UNKNOWN SO REMEMBER WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND AND ALL THE CRAP THAT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT HIM WILL COME BACK AND BITE YOU IN THE BUTT. SO NOW BE NICE AND TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, A BITTER TASTE WILL LINGER.

03-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Frank Fernandez is GAY. :devil:

04-03-2010, 03:22 PM
The Office of Internal Affairs of the City of Miami Police Department is divided into two units, General Investigation and Pro-Active/Corruption. The investigations are document via a system called IA Pro. They maintain all files on police personnel and other City employees. Some are public and others are not (Criminal intelligence). IA Pro also maintains the Early Warning System (EWS) a flagging system of behavior. EWS 1 maintains records of complaints, reprimands and suspensions. EWS 2 maintains records of “Response to Resistance” reports and EWS 3 maintains records of police related shootings.
Investigative Sergeants assigned to the General Investigation side monitor and attend court hearings regarding all issues outside the department including federal and state cases. They include lawsuits and EEOC complaints. They report their observations via the IA Pro system to documents all behavior of City employees as the City may assume liability at some point in the litigation.
On January 13, 2003, in U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (Miami) Officer Daisy Montes was the plaintiff in a 442 Civil Rights Job Discrimination (Sex) suit. The Defendant was the City of Miami based on the actions of TC. The Civil Docket Case # is 1:03-cv-20065-ASG. TC received a reprimand for the incident and the reprimand is in the IA Pro system and in his personnel file.
Regarding retirement and pension; Officers in good standing who meet the rule cannot be denied their pension by anyone including the pension board, it is the law. The board can only deny pension on very few situations, which are govern by statues. In fact, the board would not hear it. For all intended purposes, she completed her entire career. It was just paid by the City of Miami for the last six years.

04-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Sorry MM, he is clean. Better get your facts straight. Why are you so concerned what happened at the city? Are you a city guy that got spanked for being a screw up?

IA had nothing to do with the law suit. She got a pay out that had nothing to do with TC. She didnt retire.

04-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Hey pea brain if you want to talk crap about Miami people do it on your own site. You guys have enough issues with your new chief leave ours alone.

04-18-2010, 04:21 AM
The city manager is an idiot; the FOP got it right it will be a long time before a new chief is named. Over 150 applications and he can’t make up his mind.

04-27-2010, 03:03 AM
I think the citizens have convinced the Manager that Richard Naue is the man for the job.

04-27-2010, 11:32 PM
I got the scoop from someone in the administration that Chief Exposito from Miami PD is going to be offered the job here. I hope that's true. The guy's got alot of experience and is well liked by the troops that I spoke to at Miami PD.

04-28-2010, 12:07 AM
I contacted a buddy I have in Miami and he says that the commissioners at the City are very suuportive of their chief. He doubts they will let him get away without a fight.
He also tells me the guys would be disappointed to see him leave , especially after the grief they suffered with the previous chief and the brass.

04-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Silly Boys. I told you that you have your Chief in Richard Naue. If he ever decides to leave i will push for the former Assistant Chief Ana who lives in the city.

04-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Wow, that's great news! A politico, yes man, hated by the State Attorney Office, US Attorney Office, FBI and most of his administration due to his constant infighting with his Deputy Chief. Great fit at Coral Gables, just get ready for the law suits due to bad arrests (Oh, sorry I forgot you don't make arrest). It takes 3 hours with that printer GOD left the last time he walked on earth. Maybe you will be lucky and get Richie "Scum" Blom (Big Guy) with him. Then you will have a real political combination. They will keep Intel files on the commissioners and mayor, drive them around Coral Gables, talk junk about everyone and tell you what a great job they are doing. They will help on political fund raising, campaigns and news conferences; they have extensive experience in these fields. He didn't even survive 6 months as MPD Chief even with the support of the Mayor & the FOP. QUE VIVA USA, What a joke! Chief Naue is here to stay until his drop is over in Nov. and then it will be Chief EH. It's not up to the city manager he works for others watch and see.

04-28-2010, 05:40 AM
I hope we don't get stuck with any of Miami's demoted losers. I heard that they all cried like girls when they got busted. LOL

04-28-2010, 10:53 AM
I contacted a buddy I have in Miami and he says that the commissioners at the City are very suuportive of their chief. He doubts they will let him get away without a fight.
He also tells me the guys would be disappointed to see him leave , especially after the grief they suffered with the previous chief and the brass.
I don't know much about the new chief in Miami, other than the fact that the new tactical units he put in place are kickiing butt.I see them picking up robbers, burglars and car thieves all day long. Someone is motivating t
our brothers over there. They weren't working like that before.

No wonder the City Commissioners don't want him to leave.

04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Are there any all you can eat buffets in Coral Gables? If so you can have him cheap and you can save money in next years budget.

04-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Listne you city boys, we don't want your fat loser of a chief here. I saw the press conference, he can barely read and speak English. I can't believe you guys got rid of Timoney for that.

Please stay on your own site and don't come over here. With all the backstabbing, name calling, bringing family into your petty posts, you deserve what you got in Exposito.

04-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Listne you city boys, we don't want your fat loser of a chief here. I saw the press conference, he can barely read and speak English. I can't believe you guys got rid of Timoney for that.

Please stay on your own site and don't come over here. With all the backstabbing, name calling, bringing family into your petty posts, you deserve what you got in Exposito.

Stay of this board you demoted loser.

04-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Mandaville for Chief

05-01-2010, 01:17 PM
You demoted losers from Timoney's administration need to stay on your own site. If you want to attack Exposito because he demoted you, do it on the Miami website.

We have our own issues to contend with.

By the way, your rank and file are very happy that Exposito cleaned
hose of the previous ethically-challenged administration there.

05-01-2010, 04:55 PM
You demoted losers from Timoney's administration need to stay on your own site. If you want to attack Exposito because he demoted you, do it on the Miami website.

We have our own issues to contend with.

By the way, your rank and file are very happy that Exposito cleaned
hose of the previous ethically-challenged administration there.

Miami cop in hiding (Midnight Rat), go back to your site! Learn to spell or use spell check. "Cleaned hose" We couldn’t care less who was demoted in your political Mayor run department. The Mayor is the Chief of Police there everybody knows that. Hippo Expo & Scum Blom are political puppets and your problem, keep them east of Douglas Rd. No news conferences here and food is expensive. Good luck, you need it. :devil:

06-08-2010, 09:09 PM
So what is going on with the new chief? I heard at least one good applicant has decided to withdraw his name because of the city manager. As long as Salerno in there no one worth anything is going to be chief.

06-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Are there any all you can eat buffets in Coral Gables? If so you can have him cheap and you can save money in next years budget.
Ask Naue , looks like he eats in all the buffets everyday!