PDA

View Full Version : Timing

02-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I read my e-mail this morning and saw that we can now only chase for "forceable felonies", this comes on the heals of a survey that slammed our administration for poor morale, and many other things. Once again criminals are going to get away with crimes and have more opportunities to get away from apprehension than they do now. This will help crush our morale in no time!
For what it's worth I know for a fact that the deputy chief was approached by an outside source that tried to help him with morale issues and even gave him documentation on things that he could implement to help out. They were supposed to have another meeting, and the DC never returned phone calls. This just goes to show that he knows all and isn't willing to listen to others, not the sign of a good leader. The DC has always been an "it's my way or the highway" type of person.
I've also heard that the city attorney has "encouraged" the chief and DC to settle both arbitraitions, one of which has been that included paying the one lieutenant for the 6% he lost. So there may be hope on the other one. After this I'm wondering if a vote of no confidence should be thought about by the union. We as union members need to stand up and start showing more support, attending more meetings and having a voice. It's time that we all get involved and get this addressed!