PDA

View Full Version : New Contract

02-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Can some contact vista and see if we are all due for a prostate check. This new contract submitted by the city is about as close to an exam as we are going to get. Give up 8% for nothing.....Crazy people we have across the hall

02-17-2010, 04:56 AM
This proposal was just another attempt by the city to slow the inevitable. They didn 't want to go to empasse so they gave a "good faith offer" to stall our meeting. The city loves playing this type of game and we all know it. Personally, I think their antics are pathetic.

02-20-2010, 11:00 AM
I am getting my info in bits and pieces, but I agree this new contract the city is giving us is crap. We are giving up everything and getting what in return a 6 percent raise. The FD got somewhere in the neighborhood of 20% when they took it from them. Why are we diffenrent. Anyone who has been here for more then 10 minutes knows we will never get any of this back once it's gone. The city wants us all to leave before we pension out, that way they don't have to pay anyone. So the group of 6-8 guys who are looking to leave can be come 30-40 and Good will be excited. Less money to pay out. Also forget about getting anyone good comming here, we will be the AAA of broward county with everyone leaving after 2 years to go to a real PD, or get the crap officers from other departments that could cut it.

I'm sorry but if the city is asking me to eat a SH#@ sandwich or they will cram on down my throat, they better get some people to help because I will not sit in front of them and chew it happily.

02-22-2010, 03:50 PM
well written. tough economic times don't equal the city's offer. i agree. i and we should not accept and agree to a contract like what they are offering. they did not negotiate with us. they are forcing a contract on us hoping we agree to the terms or "else". we went into this knowing we the union don't hold the final say but arbitration is our next play and needs to be. make the city impose a contract on us. we can't agree to become the worst department in broward county. we already are the lowest paid by far and this will only widen the gap. and losing the proposed pension benefits only adds salt to our wounds. we have agreed to negotiate some of our pension benefits like the details and guaranteed drop benefits but i don't think everyone really knows of the true impact of giving up these benefits. if you need to really know ask those that are currently receiving those benefits like the chief, asst. chief, linda, dermont, or any of the current retirees that are able to count on that GUARANTEED 8% income every year 4 LIFE!!!!! and some of us are seriously debating to give this up basically without a fight after all this. and yes, this includes our pba rebs. at the meeting we will get the gloom and doom speech i'm sure. we may even hear the "this is the best we can get" speech that alex guaranteed would never come from his mouth. lets see. for me the answer is simple, lets stay the course. vote "NO"! lets go to arbitration and stay united like we have been for the past 2 years. now is not the time to quit. you may ask, at what cost? is there risk? of course there is. we may get a contract imposed on us but we don't know. let the special magistrate hear our case and the city's. lets go to arbitration. we just can't AGREE to be the worst! Yes, we can be FORCED into being the worst but not by choice. I like the sandwich reference.

02-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Simple math people let us say you get lucky and you pension is 100,000 a year.
100,000 compounded once a year at 8% for 5 years is $780,525.71
at 92,000 (no details) same numbers you total would be $718,083.65 (62,442.10 difference).

Now giving this up for the rest of our life is a bad idea, but for the sake of arguement let's keep the 100,000 number in our head. Once you seperate from the city you would be earning $62,442.10 in intrest a year FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. At the end of 10 years (10 years after you end the drop). Your total money in the bank is $ 1,685,096.47. This is ALOT of money, and for us to give it up now, there needs to be some MAJOR compenstation here people. Fire got almost 20% payraise, we are being offered a 3 and 3. That number is more in line with "hey we aren't taking anything away, let's just make it to the next contract."
Young, old , and officers in the middle need to come together on this. If you make it to any meeting this year, this needs to be the one we show up to. Unless your on the road, everyone needs to be at the CC on wed. night.

Stay Safe!

02-24-2010, 07:39 AM
BEING ONE OF MANY IN OUR MID TO UPPER 30'S - 40'S, FINANCIAL HOSTAGE, CLOSE TO / OR VESTED. IF (WE AS GROUP) GIVE EVERYTHING UP, WE'LL HAVE TO WORK UNTIL 65 BECAUSE OUT PENSION - TAXES - FAMILY - MEDICAL - BILLS - LIFE - ETC. = WTF - THE CITY HAS GONE F--KING CRAZY! WHAT DO THEY WANT US TO LIVE ON? HOPE AND DREAMS! WHAT IS THIS CITY NOW; ENRON?????????????? EVERYONE GETS A BONE BUTT US. EVERY COMPANY GETS A BREAK! WHAT IS THE USE OF HAVING A CONTRACT; WITH THE CITY, IF EVERYTHING WRITTEN ON IT IS SHIT!

IF WE VOTE YES ON THIS CONTRACT. GIVING UP ALL WE MIGHT AS WELL ASK PLEASE CAN WE WORK FOR FREE?

02-26-2010, 08:21 PM
BEING ONE OF MANY IN OUR MID TO UPPER 30'S - 40'S, FINANCIAL HOSTAGE, CLOSE TO / OR VESTED. IF (WE AS GROUP) GIVE EVERYTHING UP, WE'LL HAVE TO WORK UNTIL 65 BECAUSE OUT PENSION - TAXES - FAMILY - MEDICAL - BILLS - LIFE - ETC. = WTF - THE CITY HAS GONE F--KING CRAZY! WHAT DO THEY WANT US TO LIVE ON? HOPE AND DREAMS! WHAT IS THIS CITY NOW; ENRON?????????????? EVERYONE GETS A BONE BUTT US. EVERY COMPANY GETS A BREAK! WHAT IS THE USE OF HAVING A CONTRACT; WITH THE CITY, IF EVERYTHING WRITTEN ON IT IS shizzat!

IF WE VOTE YES ON THIS CONTRACT. GIVING UP ALL WE MIGHT AS WELL ASK PLEASE CAN WE WORK FOR FREE?

To me, it looks like these offers from the city are the bullying techniques common in our department. if they truly wanted to avoid going to arbitration, then why make an offer that is substantially less than the previous one? the only answer is that it is the implyed threat that they will do whatever it takes to harm us and make our lives miserable if we do not give in. It is a familiar theme in our city, with the feudal regime looking down with disdain at all of the servants that they have to "put up" with. i often look back at one of the first things cut due to "budget" was the annual employee awards banquet, where just once a year the city can tell its employees "We respect you, we care for you, and we appreciate the job you do every day." that little event exposed just how little the collective body of managers think of the employees who day after day get the job done. in tough financial times, true leaders would step in and rally the troops, bring stability and confidence to us and steer us through troubled times. and even though budget restraints would make us all have to cut back some, leaders would do the little things to help us all through. instead, we have people bilking money for pork projects, padding their double and triple dipping retirements, spending lavishly on cars and benefits for themselves who then say we are greedy and selfish for wanting to keep beneifts we already pay for. I do agree that that the manner in which this city and department are being run is no differnt than all the other management abuses that have taken place in big businesses around the country, with fat cat politicians (including politicians that wear badges) using their positions, their companies and their employees to better themselves while everyone else suffers. our pension would not be in the position it is in if it werent for those sitting on that board who made decisions not for the benefit of us or the pension, but instead benefitted the city in its ability to spend money like crackheads. i have never once, even in this "troubled economy" seen a project that was endorsed by city or managers go unfunded because there was no money. but suddenly we are in dire straits when it comes to paying our $680-net takehome/week officers. i agree this place is run just like Enron; with shady bosses who milked every cent out of this city, and are now waving goodbye to the peasent workers and laughing at us. we have managers of this city who knew the ahead of time that the 8% was going to be on the chopping block, took that inside information and brokered retire/rehire deals that would allow them to keep their 8%, then walked into a meeting and told us it had to go. didnt martha stewart go to prison for something like that? now we're being threatened to eat huge losses created by these same people or they will not only take away most of our benefits but may even take away compensations already in place. so if they can do that, then what is the point of a collective bargaining agreement? the bottom line is that there is no one to hold their feet to the fire like they are doing to us....except us. the public has no idea of the mismanagment and self-serving greed that has taken place by a small group of higher-ups drunk with power with no shame or sense of principles. we are the last line of defense that has the power to set things right and expose the outright corruption that oozes from this city. our city will never be a place that possesses an environment that encourges its workers to build their careers here and serve its people to the best of abilities, as long as the current leaders contiue to choose the path on which they walk. it could be this contract, next contract..nothing will change and your jobs will never be safe.

“A leader is not an administrator who loves to run others, but someone who carries water for his people so that they can get on with their jobs”

02-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Whatever Rocco........ Too much rambling on and on and on. By the way, did you mean MARTHA Stewart?

02-27-2010, 06:38 PM
I really don't care who authored that post. The fact of the matter is...that post is right on the money. I think that the top level adminstrators should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to occur and not stepping in with the commission. I don't know how the ones who call us greedy are the same ones pulling in over $200,000+/year with their double dipping. Shameful is what it is...downright shameful. I do not know how these people can actually look themselves in the mirror every day and not feel absolute repugnance. If I was standing in their shoes...retired, collecting $100,000+/year in pension, hired back at a $100,000+/year salary, making my guaranteed 8%/year on my $600,000++ DROP money...I would be the one in the most advantageous position to walk across the hall and fight for the rank and file of this department...the same rank and file that I once belonged to...the same rank and file that I was entrusted upon promotion to lead and safeguard. I ask you this...what happened sirs and at what point did things go astray ???? Do you not remember the days of your feelings of disgust with the way LF ran this organization ??

I am truly disppointed and disheartened by everything that is occurring in an organization that I was once proud to be a part of.

02-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Whatever Rocco........ Too much rambling on and on and on. By the way, did you mean MARTHA Stewart?

didn't he write martha stewart?

02-28-2010, 01:12 AM
DBA, I think you're right. They also stopped the Christmas party and the food items we gave away to 100 employees at Thanksgiving and Christmas. But from my review of the budget, the money was expended before the recession hit. I left them a pot of $52 million in the summer of 2002. Essentially it was gone within five years.

And by the way to the new moderator. There's a thread on here about big land deal with the city of Hollywood as if it was written by me. I never started the thread and since it's a fake, can you delete? Thanks.
R.J. Intindola

www.cmrji.com (http://www.cmrji.com)

03-01-2010, 11:50 PM
29 "YES" votes = SCABS!

We have been fighting for 2 years and 29 of you vote YES? That's like the Union going on strike to show unity and 29 of you cross the picket lines. I guess you listened to the Gary BS at the meeting afterall and not the big picture. How do we quit fighting now for a pathetic city offer? Its not like they were giving us anything but taking away alot. This just proves again and again theres no UNITY in HBPD. Some things will never change. Lets hope through arbitration a more appropriate city offer comes through that we ALL can agree on.

03-02-2010, 06:13 PM
The City is buying land left and right, building parks, bailing out newspaper but cant invest in their police officers. The City is one of the richest cities in Broward, it shouldn't be that hard to make sure the ones who put their life on the line are taken care of but if our leaders show us no to little respect why should the city? We can't go to the public for help because we have been demonizing by being the poster child for that red light cam. So just like it was suggested in the first post I'm going to call Vista.

10-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Many of you know me for only a few things: my refusal to wear certain lady garments, my ability to work while injured, my inability to achieve a valid warrant, my lust for the perfect Marlboro, my equal loathing for Nicorette gum and the a**hole who invented it, or my undeniable kick-ass mullet…but perhaps I am known most for my hate of the word (and the very noun itself) of c**k…well except for one of course. It’s a long story that I’ve wanted to get off my wrinkled droop-boobed chest for almost my whole life, and now before my exile I must let the world know…let us begin.
It was the summer of ’53, I was 13 at the time (just legal in the state of Mississippi) and I had just finished dinner. It was one of my favorite meals, a meal to this day I still feel is the only meal complimented with candle light…Dinosaur Cheesy Mac. I was in the shower now washing my undeniable kick-ass mullet with my doctor prescribed dandruff shampoo when, I suddenly heard the door creak open like so many times before. I knew exactly who it was. He didn’t say a word to me, he never had to. And with the same respect I tried not to make a sound either, it was always easier with as little dialog as possible. Perhaps tonight he would do more than just watch, so I decided to take my chance and offer myself to the only man I knew could do me right. I slowly slid open the shower curtain to reveal my naked self with my undeniable kick-ass mullet. I had already lathered and rinsed but perhaps I could go through it again, it was always his favorite part of the show.
I was in the middle of letting the suds run down my crap-stained butt-crack while at the same time pinching my salami nipples to add just the hint of a tease that would, without a doubt, drive him wild. And I must say it was working, before I could bend over to pick up the soap I noticed the biggest bulge in his pants, and my mouth began to water just thinking of what was behind those overalls. The silence finally broke with the sexiest ‘Southern drawl’ I have ever heard him use, “Yo mama is wurkin late agin tonaht”. During that confession I kept my eyes closed, letting my heart skip a beat, my knees go weak and my undeniable kick-ass mullet remain undeniably kick-ass. When I opened my eyes back up I finally gazed upon what I have been waiting on for over 6 years.
He had unbuttoned his overalls to reveal the most beautiful piece of meat I had ever seen. As he stroked it I witnessed it getting longer and harder right inside his hands, and for the first time I actually felt jealousy for a body part. I could see every vein and with every pulse of it I could feel it inside me…I knew in my heart that this was the night.
I walked out of the shower forgetting to even dry myself or my undeniable kick-ass mullet, and as I went to grab his hand he quickly redirected it to his member, letting that guide me into the bedroom. Then, in a moment that will last forever in my mind, two undeniable kick-ass mullets came together that night. I believe for my sake he wanted to be gentle, considering that I haven’t had a chance to weed-whack my jungle bush yet, but I assured him I wanted to be treated like the tween I was…and that I had been a very bad girl.
It started with him throwing me on the bed and forcing me open, and you could almost see the green stink lines coming off of my jungle bush. It was the first time I had my ankles behind my head (in what he called the ‘Mississippi Pretzel’). And when he shoved it in me I watched my jungle bush split, parting ever so slightly and fully accepting that spear like a Venus Flytrap taking in a dung beetle. Every pump was faster and harder, the steam left over from the shower had mixed with the sweat on my crap-stained butt-crack to create an aroma I will never forget. At one point I thought he was going to break my pelvis! Just when I thought I couldn’t take anymore, he flipped me over on my hands and knees and spread my crap-stained butt-crack. I tried to turn around to witness his facial expression when he forced my head down in the pillow and grabbed my undeniable kick-ass mullet. He held that thing like handle bars, controlling the movement of my head with every thrust.
“If dis is wat heavin is like den jus snuff me nahw!”, I finally shouted into the pillow. To be honest that was the last clear thought I could remember, after that comment everything was combined into one wonderful scene of bliss. I knew when it was close to being over because his moans were growing louder and longer, I just wasn’t sure where to take the load. The only thing I asked him in a single plea was, “please, not on da undeniable kick-ass mullet”. He replied, “I wud neva do dat”. My legs began to shiver, knowing what was about to come from me, and in the most perfect of all timing his climax was incestuously matched by mine as I finally screamed, “DADDY!”
When it was over, we both just laid in bed, breathing heavy but worried to make eye contact, we had just done what is considered normal practice in Mississippi, but I was still nervous. Then before I knew it we both were startled by the sound of jingling keys on the front of the double-wide and we knew Mama was home. I jumped out of that bed almost as fast as he threw me on it and scurried to the door, I turned back to notice him staring at my crap-stained butt-crack as it was shaking with every step…and I couldn’t say I blamed him, I worked long and hard to keep that crap-stain symmetrical. As I jumped into my own bed, sticking to the sheets, I made sure my undeniable kick-ass mullet was in place so that it would not get ruined (I did have a reputation to uphold). I tried to drift off to sleep for hours but my mind was still racing with the events that just took place.
Of course that was the night I knew I would swear off man meat forever. Soon after that I tried out for the softball team (convinced all the girls that my undeniable kick-ass mullet should be in a museum) and started my muff-diving life. I tried everything since that night to replace the feeling of that beautiful piece of tube steak with its perfectly placed genital warts, but nothing compares to that glorious purple headed yogurt slinger, not a cucumber, termite infested tree branch, a Golden Retriever’s head, F-350 drive shaft…nothing could come close. That’s when I decided to start hating the world (mostly men), and unfortunately for the Hallandale Beach P.D. it’s also when I decided to become a cop. And now, every once in a while I’ll walk down stairs to take a look at the people who are doing the work I’m too good for, I mostly come down to view the ’94 picture of our fabulous Police/CSA crew. I wrote a letter to big Tommy one time in an attempt to air brush my undeniable kick-ass mullet on everyone else in the picture to make it the most amazing photo ever taken on the face of the earth, but big Tommy told me there is a lot more memorabilia on the wall and he couldn’t have a crowd gathering around just one. So as I leave you all I can only give one piece of advice (the only thing that ever really helped me). And that is simply…shoot a man in the a**, it’ll get you anywhere you want to go.
Thank you and God Bless….women.