PDA

View Full Version : This is why the Brass hates us

02-04-2010, 07:27 PM
You guys want to know why the Brass has zero respect for us? I can give you an idea or two--

(And for the record, I am a grunt pushing a green and white. I am not one of the pretty boys in the office.)

Here is a classic case of why the Brass hates us:

Remember Captain Chad Reed of Dixie County? Many S.O. employees chose to voluntarily go to his funeral. There was an email from Maurer recommending that they attend, and many went. It seemed only appropriate, since the incident occurred in our county. The funeral was held on a squad 1 day, so there were several squad 2 deputies there because it was their day off. The majority of those squad 2 deputies did the right thing, and simply attended the funeral out of respect for a fallen brother.

But one particular deputy had something else on his agenda. After the funeral, that deputy (who will remain unnamed) chose to put in for SEVEN (Yes, I said SEVEN) hours of OT for the funeral. He felt that the OT was owed to him because he went to a brother's funeral on his day off. Everyone else who attended the funeral had the decency to refrain from being so heartless as to try to make money off a dead cop's funeral.

Now, before you start thinking up all sorts of choice names for this bloodsucking loser, read on. Because it gets EVEN BETTER.

As expected, this foolish OT request was rejected by Maurer. Do you think this deputy learned a lesson from this, and just let the issue rest? HELL NO!!! He then marched over to a FOP rep (who will also remain unnamed) and he presented his case to the FOP rep. What happened next??? Well, instead of the FOP rep standing up and saying that the deputy's OT request was callous and stupid, the rep actually went to bat for this deputy. Somehow, this FOP rep managed to weasel the Brass into giving this deputy the OT. Later, that deputy was overheard bragging about his "conquest".

What does this all mean? Well, it means that there is a squad 2 deputy here that somehow managed to bypass his conscience in order to make money from attending the funeral of a fallen brother. Furthermore, it means that the FOP stood by this ridiculous request, and they made the Brass cough up the cash. Essentially, this money was BLOOD MONEY. I hope that deputy enjoys spending it. I'm sure it will cost him professionally in the years to come, however.

The point of this ranting comes down to an old saying: "One bad apple spoils the whole bunch." The brass has no respect for us because people like the deputy and the FOP rep milk the system. They make us all look bad.

02-04-2010, 08:41 PM
well the story is true but the brass is scared themselves as they have no job protection either.They walk around spineless and cant make decisions either because they know if the sheriff dont like that particular decision next week.or does an hcso flip flop,which is common then they are out the door.So it runs down hill.Think about it,if your in fear yourself and nervous,then of course you cause the same to people who are under you.Welcome to a sheriffs office

02-04-2010, 10:39 PM
well the story is true but the brass is scared themselves as they have no job protection either.They walk around spineless and cant make decisions either because they know if the sheriff dont like that particular decision next week.or does an hcso flip flop,which is common then they are out the door.So it runs down hill.Think about it,if your in fear yourself and nervous,then of course you cause the same to people who are under you.Welcome to a sheriffs office
Brass needs to be scared. Things just ain't right around here and they know that too many people know too much and it's not a good thing FOR THEM.
This is another reason some of us don't like the FLOP either. Scum suckers all the way around. I was at the funeral and would not have even thought of asking to be paid. Made a donation to our brothers family instead of being a greedy piece of crap that this certain someone is.
Newbie you'll see how things work around here and my advise to you is to start looking for a new place to work. This place has gone to hell in a handbasket. Run while you can.

02-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Maybe this deputy (C.B.) well read all these nice posts about him and he will give the money back or donate it to the family.. How low will one go for a few extra bucks? Give me a break. This smuck has lost all the respect I ever had for him. The FLOP too should run and hide, on issues that should be dealt with they climb into thier shell. Then stick up for something so unethical it pisses me the hell off. 'nuff said!!!

Remember this when possible lay offs and pay cuts come next year. Maybe we can all send him a thank you card!!!!

02-06-2010, 07:56 AM
You guys want to know why the Brass has zero respect for us? I can give you an idea or two--

(And for the record, I am a grunt pushing a green and white. I am not one of the pretty boys in the office.)

Here is a classic case of why the Brass hates us:

Remember Captain Chad Reed of Dixie County? Many S.O. employees chose to voluntarily go to his funeral. There was an email from Maurer recommending that they attend, and many went. It seemed only appropriate, since the incident occurred in our county. The funeral was held on a squad 1 day, so there were several squad 2 deputies there because it was their day off. The majority of those squad 2 deputies did the right thing, and simply attended the funeral out of respect for a fallen brother.

But one particular deputy had something else on his agenda. After the funeral, that deputy (who will remain unnamed) chose to put in for SEVEN (Yes, I said SEVEN) hours of OT for the funeral. He felt that the OT was owed to him because he went to a brother's funeral on his day off. Everyone else who attended the funeral had the decency to refrain from being so heartless as to try to make money off a dead cop's funeral.

Now, before you start thinking up all sorts of choice names for this bloodsucking loser, read on. Because it gets EVEN BETTER.

As expected, this foolish OT request was rejected by Maurer. Do you think this deputy learned a lesson from this, and just let the issue rest? HELL NO!!! He then marched over to a FOP rep (who will also remain unnamed) and he presented his case to the FOP rep. What happened next??? Well, instead of the FOP rep standing up and saying that the deputy's OT request was callous and stupid, the rep actually went to bat for this deputy. Somehow, this FOP rep managed to weasel the Brass into giving this deputy the OT. Later, that deputy was overheard bragging about his "conquest".

What does this all mean? Well, it means that there is a squad 2 deputy here that somehow managed to bypass his conscience in order to make money from attending the funeral of a fallen brother. Furthermore, it means that the FOP stood by this ridiculous request, and they made the Brass cough up the cash. Essentially, this money was BLOOD MONEY. I hope that deputy enjoys spending it. I'm sure it will cost him professionally in the years to come, however.

The point of this ranting comes down to an old saying: "One bad apple spoils the whole bunch." The brass has no respect for us because people like the deputy and the FOP rep milk the system. They make us all look bad.

You guys kill me ..... Ever hear of the GARCIA rule??????? First off This Deputy did not get overtime he received comp time and all he was asking for was flex time... He and several others received per-deim for this event are you going after them too??? If he would have been injured or hurt going to or from the funeral guess what he would have to be on the clock (Garcia Rule) You kill me because the FOP is correct in standing up for this person because he is on duty.... and the Administration did not have a problem with this... If you or anyone else were involved in a incident and were injured going to or from the funeral and they the Administration told you too bad your on your own you would be screaming for an ATTORNEY

Grow Up your just mad because the FOP is proving you WRONG Again..

Have A Great Day :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

02-06-2010, 01:33 PM
FLOP President Steve at it again. CB is a DIRTBAG for asking for anything for attending a fallen brothers funeral. IF (and I haven't heard of anyone else yet) there is anyone else who stooped as low as he did, they are all dirtbags too. We are supposed to be in this profession for a reason and some of these jerks I work with are only in it for the money!

Hey Steve, maybe CB and his disrespectful buddies can share some of the booze they will buy with the money they took when they should have had the decencancy to attend without being paid, either with cash or comp time. Go the the new FLOP house and have a party to celebrate your victory, low life.

This place sucks about as much as our FLOP president does.

Brass hates us plain and simple. Steve desn't help the situation at all.

You should follow your own QUOTE... Stupid People Should not Breed well STUPID PEOPLE CAN NOT SPELL ..... That is where you stand...

Again your MAD Because the FOP is RIGHT and your WRONG......

Don't let the door hit you when you leave... :devil: :devil: :devil: Heck I will hold open for you when you quit...

02-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Heres how it goes.Yes I am in this profession because I like it,but it also pays the bills.If you are asked to go to training or to a funeral at the agencys request,then you should be given comp. time.This takes away from our kids and family time.If you worked at walmart or anywhere else,you are given overtime for attending mgt. seminars or etc.Well same with a training class they send you on.Ok,now a funeral,if you go on your own,then its on your own dime.But if the agency sends you like as an honor guard.or etc,they need to pay travel time and etc.Thats the problem with the brass and the mentality here.People have a life besides hcso.Just because I dont sleep in my uniform or wear my police labeled shirts when I am off duty,I shouldnt be penalized.This mentality here is really psycho.FOP did a good job.Every employer has to pay so y shouldnt hcso?because we love our badge so much?go see a dr.!!!

02-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Heres how it goes.Yes I am in this profession because I like it,but it also pays the bills.If you are asked to go to training or to a funeral at the agencys request,then you should be given comp. time.This takes away from our kids and family time.If you worked at walmart or anywhere else,you are given overtime for attending mgt. seminars or etc.Well same with a training class they send you on.Ok,now a funeral,if you go on your own,then its on your own dime.But if the agency sends you like as an honor guard.or etc,they need to pay travel time and etc.Thats the problem with the brass and the mentality here.People have a life besides hcso.Just because I dont sleep in my uniform or wear my police labeled shirts when I am off duty,I shouldnt be penalized.This mentality here is really psycho.FOP did a good job.Every employer has to pay so y shouldnt hcso?because we love our badge so much?go see a dr.!!!
It was not mandatory for us to go and you did not have to go. You decided to on your own and from your own words it says it was for the money. I'm sure your family would like it if you were killed and others showed up. Makes me think of how many came to our captains funeral only for the money. I'm glad I am not so selfish and greedy and I'm glad I made a donation to the family instead of asking for money for something I did VOLUNTARILY.
Another scum sucking dirtbag among us. You suck too.

02-06-2010, 04:20 PM
It is pretty low to ask for money for a funeral of a fallen brother that we were not required to attend. I just hope this person sleeps well at night knowing he is a couple dollars richer from a fallen comrade that had a loving family. POS in my book!!!

02-06-2010, 04:57 PM
hcso rules!!!

02-07-2010, 02:53 AM
going was voluntary and that bs about what if someone got hurt is just a what if. Its the same if you drive the car to a college class. your not getting paid but what if a crash happens then the insurance kicks in. Or what if you drive to office gym in the patrol car. once again not getting paid but if you crash the insurance kicks in. since only board members attend the fop meetings it shouldnt be hard to figure out who is supporting them on here.

instead of thh fop worrying about 6 hours ot or comp lets worry about our salary and benefits this year.

02-07-2010, 01:55 PM
[quote="stupid people shouldn't breed":wpme6ejv]FLOP President Steve at it again. CB is a DIRTBAG for asking for anything for attending a fallen brothers funeral. IF (and I haven't heard of anyone else yet) there is anyone else who stooped as low as he did, they are all dirtbags too. We are supposed to be in this profession for a reason and some of these jerks I work with are only in it for the money!

Hey Steve, maybe CB and his disrespectful buddies can share some of the booze they will buy with the money they took when they should have had the decencancy to attend without being paid, either with cash or comp time. Go the the new FLOP house and have a party to celebrate your victory, low life.

This place sucks about as much as our FLOP president does.

Brass hates us plain and simple. Steve desn't help the situation at all.

You should follow your own QUOTE... Stupid People Should not Breed well STUPID PEOPLE CAN NOT SPELL ..... That is where you stand...

Again your MAD Because the Fis OP RIGHT and your WRONG......

Don't let the door hit you when you leave... :devil: :devil: :devil: Heck I will hold open for you when you quit...[/quote:wpme6ejv]
Hey knucklehead, before you try demeaning someone, learn to spell yourself. It's YOU'RE not YOUR. :snicker: :snicker:

Ah, you were talking about yourself, we get it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cop:

02-07-2010, 02:59 PM
the fop is always right dont you know. its president never gets a drink order wrong.

02-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Only in their minds. I can't stand those buch of frigging fools. They make us all look bad.

the fop is always right dont you know. its president never gets a drink order wrong.

02-08-2010, 02:37 AM
The issue with the comp time should not even be discussed here. FSL is very clear about this. A department vehicle was used and in order to be covered you have to be on the clock. No doubt that the same people posting the negative comments about the per deim are the same ones that also complained about not getting per deim for traning out of county even though they got paid for 12 hours and only did 8.
Or is it that you would rather have someone falsify the time sheets when smething happens.
The Sheriff himself wanted a good showing from the department, they knew what it entailed when the request was made. Why not ask the staff or even the sheriff if they have some sort of proplem with this.
Your title says why the brass hates us, how can the brass respect us when the rank and file keep attacking each other over issues that are labor related. The FOP gets attacked for helping in these matters because someone out there doesn't like someone who benefitted from the FOP pursuing the issue.
Folks get your act together or failed divided.

02-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Boils down to that we work for a sheriff,without a binding arbitration agreement(union-a real union with a contract)and we have no real job protection such as working in any other job such as circle k or walmart.End of discussion.The beauty of a sheriffs office is that heads are chopped off when a new sheriff come in....so let them roll