PDA

View Full Version : Shut up and go to work!

02-01-2010, 10:49 PM
I just learned that Melissa Dean is getting the officer of the year award. WOW! What has the department come to rewarding an officer for continually doing traffic stops while enroute to her calls, forcing other officers to have to answer them. This happens more often than not, and no one apparently will address it.

I can only imagine the responses if supervision has this brought to their attention......If you don't like it go somewhere else (that's a popular one), or dont be opinionated, do your job, keep your mouth shut and go somewhere else if you don't like it. (See what I mean). I can't come close to putting myself on the list be even be looked at for that title, but having seen people who were awarded it in the past I would be ashamed of that ribbon on my uniform, knowing that it was going to her. Once again it shows that the awards ceremony is about who the administration likes and who they dont. I can think of several other people that deserve that award before her and other cases that awards should be given out on, but that are not.

For the rest of you, keep your heads up and do your job, as depressing as something like this maybe, and as hard as it may be, know that citizens in the community like myself appreciate all you do for me and my family. I also understand the walls that are infront of you and sincerely feel bad for all of you. Low morale is bad enough, but no support and slaps in the face like this are even worse.

My family and I thank all the barve men and women of the Marion County Law Enforcement Agencies, especially the Ocala Police Department.

Tiredofcomplaining`
02-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Not Surprised, you hit the nail on the head. Nothing else to say.

02-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Guys this is nothing new here, this awards thing has been going on for years. Once in a while they actually give someone who is truely deserving of the particular award, as for the rest, it is so much hog wash. Just know that you folks on the front lines know the truth and the heck with the rest of them. You folks stay safe.

02-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Retired from OPD thank you! Some days it's hard to keep our heads up.

Tiredofcomplaining`
02-25-2010, 12:37 PM
It happens again. A guy on B-squad was told this morning to watch what he says on the radio. Apparentley yesterday he asked what zone a commercial burglary was in, which it was in 6, and got told this morning that the Major called the Lt. The Lt. told him that he needs to watch his voice on the radio.

Melissa was assisting the zone 7 and another zone 6 guy who arrested a bunch of people. Melissa was only transporting. Melissa spoke up and took the call, but the point is, it is all of the way up to the Major protecting her.

Does anyone know why?

02-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Apparently she can do no wrong! It's all about the tickets you write and the people you stop, not how you help your squad or answer your calls for service in your zone. I know she talks a lot of smack about people because I have heard her talking about someone on A's.

The major is no better, she's so out of touch it isn't even funny. Does anyone even know what she was like when she worked the road....did she even work the road? I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, If it makes them feel good and justifies there daily existance, then let it be. Sometimes it's just one of those things.

I may be one of the few that Liked Graham, and wish he would have stayed, I liked the order he made for captains and above to work the road, although many didn't follow it, agencies that have supevisors that lead by example, also work the road and stay in touch with patrol functions. This way they hear who sluffs calls and who hustles out there.

Remember that they want all this other crap and that being a cop just gets in the way of what they really want, and that is for us to be seen and look good in the public eye, anything else is a problem to this administration.

Tiredofcomplaining`
03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Here is a new question. When did some people lose good judgement when writing tickets. Tickets aren't cheap anymore, especially in these times in this county. Why would you write someone a ticket for a tag being 5 days expired, then tell them they can't drive their vehicle? And when you watch them drive off, you stop them again and say, "I just wanted to talk to you some more".

These rookies are getting ridiculous.

03-12-2010, 02:41 AM
We have low pay, low morale, no raises, an administration that doesn't care, a union president out for his girlfriends take home car and nothing else, and no recruiting, FTO's that not only don't work their zone but don't answer calls that are few and far between that are major, that trainees should work for the experience, what do you expect?
Oh yeah guys that bust their ass daily and not only get no credit but no respect. Like Metallica says...."sad but true"!

I recently heard that Greg Graham made the statement that this place is so F'd up now that he wouldn't want to come back. WOW! It's very obvious that no one wants to help patrol out....apparently Butch doesn't even want to allow his people to help out patrol when we have 6 people working the road....my question is what happened to minimum staffing? What happened to OPD being a team? We all know Sam doesn't care, or Rodney, and the list goes on. It is what it is....oh by the way vote NO on Friday!