PDA

View Full Version : details

01-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Im just getting out of the military. I am interested in DEP. I would like to be in South FL. Just curious if there is much off duty to supplement the low salary. I want to move to the Palm Beach County Area.

02-02-2010, 02:40 AM
No.........

02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
He's right. Apply if you want to do the job for what is there, but not because you think you can supplement the salary another way. That's how most state law enforcement officers get in trouble, by trying to live above their means.

02-12-2010, 02:10 PM
He's right. Apply if you want to do the job for what is there, but not because you think you can supplement the salary another way. That's how most state law enforcement officers get in trouble, by trying to live above their means.

Hey brainiac,
We can't live within our means on this pittance of a salary anywhere in this state unless it is in a single wide somewhere in North Florida.

Before you start harping on me about "you knew the salary when you got here", you are correct I did know the salary when I got here. But, since I got here my cost of living has tripled and my salary has gone no where....figure that one out.

Having lived in S.E. Florida for many years, I know the cost of living is outrageous. But Tally doesn't know that nor do they care.

So, cut the guy a break and let him ask if there is any off duty that he needs to survive and let Tally worry about what kind of decals our vehicles will have and who the 'Noles are playing this week. If I had their problems....

02-13-2010, 03:26 AM
This is a great agency to work for. It just sucks that the state Of Florida pays us barely enough to afford a one bedroom apartment. I have been with working for Dep for several years and love it. I just dont know if I can continue to make the financial sacrafice to stay. Hopefully things will change for the better in the future. But if history repeats itself, even in good economic times. The State Of Florida will continue to pay us little to nothing. But other than the pathetic pay, this is a great job.

02-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Totally Agree,

Great Command,Equipment,Weapons,Work Areas and Training.All areas of DEP/DLE are excellent, except the pay.So if you really don,t need the money and want a great Law Enforcement job ,go with DEP.

If DEP Command could pay more,I know they would.

02-22-2010, 03:58 PM
If your retiring from the military go for it. If you are just getting out. Unless you were use to living on a E-2 salary. Id keep looking.