PDA

View Full Version : How bad off are we??

01-14-2010, 02:06 AM
How short on funding is our department? Now we cannot ride to inservice in a van? Cannot even take a patrol car. Cannot take our own POV and get paid travel. What is up? Seems like the ones on the bottom are the only ones suffering any cutbacks. How about cutting some of that fat @ the top? I can think of a few over paid, do nothing positions that can be cut and provide funding to the needed areas. Harold B in White Springs for one, what the heck does he do? There is $80,000 that could be saved, give someone else his duties and a 10% raise and keep right on ticking. Eddie E, Jimmy A, are two other positions that could be cut to save money. The training Cpt could take Jimmy A's duties and do them during the off time from inservice, and Eddie E what the heck does he do other than waste air? Those are also three vehicles that could be cut. I know someone is going to say that we should not loose positions but come on those are 3 total wastes. If we are as bad off as it appears something needs to be done. When can really get rid of Tim R's position also and have the Cpt's report straight to Jerry B.

I may have rode the short bus over here, but I will never do it again. wait maybe that is what they want to do. Cut even deeper into our pockets. No raise, and take more from us. What is next the rest areas?

01-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Should have been, now we have to ride to inservice in a van, yeah that is what I rode here in.

01-14-2010, 05:17 AM
The agency is really trying to keep budget constraints down to a minimum. what's so bad about carpooling in a van to In-Service? We should be thankful to attend an In-Service class this year with housing and meals covered. A lot of agencies are cutting their in house training to a minimum with budget cuts at such a high risk. plus, this year we are getting tasers- a lot of agencies pay for their equipment out of officer's pocket. just saying that we need to be thankful and think outside the dept of ag box to see how good we've got it. :cop:
Also, Major Barry does a lot with property, evidence and vehicles that not everyone realizes. He's an asset to the agency. we need to keep him around.We need the others to keep our k9 and vacis alive. everyone has an important part whether you realize it or not.

01-14-2010, 06:43 AM
I bet Harold and Timmy don't ride the short bus to training.

01-14-2010, 06:51 AM
That accredation has really helped us so much. How come with this department it is always the lower ones who has to suffer the cutbacks?

01-14-2010, 10:37 AM
The agency is really trying to keep budget constraints down to a minimum. what's so bad about carpooling in a van to In-Service? We should be thankful to attend an In-Service class this year with housing and meals covered. A lot of agencies are cutting their in house training to a minimum with budget cuts at such a high risk. plus, this year we are getting tasers- a lot of agencies pay for their equipment out of officer's pocket. just saying that we need to be thankful and think outside the dept of ag box to see how good we've got it. :cop:
Also, Major Barry does a lot with property, evidence and vehicles that not everyone realizes. He's an asset to the agency. we need to keep him around.We need the others to keep our k9 and vacis alive. everyone has an important part whether you realize it or not.

Here let me give you a tissue to get that stuff off of your nose....

Our in house training is already cut to a minimum cam't be cut much more. What agency makes officers pay for the equipment out of their own pocket? I know of none, State or local.

I realize that while still having a good job things have been better and appear that they may get worse.

I realize and know what HB does, I also realize that someone else could do his duties combined with those they already have for a whole lot less, do not need an $80,000 position for that. K9 and SLACIS Lt's could be combined into one position and get rid of one.

Things are getting tough, there are going to be cutbacks, they do not all neet to be at the bottom. It is time to cut some of the fat above.

How many of these high paid secretaries can we combine and then cut?

01-14-2010, 08:22 PM
You people are a dog and pony show literally. You biotch because you get a transport and you biotch because you don't. If you don't like it drive your own car or truck. I wouldn't want to be in a van with all you whiners anyway. I would rather be in the warm fuzzy feelings of my own vehicle. For gracious sakes you just got a clothing check you can't pay for gas to get your sorry arses to Quincy with over 168 dollars, or does that have to buy your next case of NATTY?
You are the whole problem with this department you think that everyone owes you. Why don't you owe the people that provide you that van to biotch about.
Do we need to trim the fat maybe, but hey everyone's cousin, father, son, sister, sister in law, uncle, brother, twin, and everyone else needs their job in this economy.
As far as paying for their own equipment, you don't know shiot! Most SO's that you go to make you buy your own leather! Add that shite up on Galls and i guarantee you it will be quite a bit more than your trip to Quincy!
As for the Lt's there has to be someone accountable for each section in this agency or did you ever read your chain of command as you go through FTO. If someones fricks up on special areas someone has to be able to be called in and get the arse chewing that is needed.
Go back to where ever you came from...with the agency with all the money because you obviously didn't do your homework when you came here!
The next cut could be your sorry arse as you were hired next to last.

01-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Most SO's that you go to make you buy your own leather!

Name some....Trust me, Ag Officers are getting screwed. The only good thing you have going is a great retirement plan, and a really gravy job.. You are so unique, your bosses would rather you do nothing, rather then get involved with anything.

01-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Most SO's that you go to make you buy your own leather!

Name some....Trust me, Ag Officers are getting screwed. The only good thing you have going is a great retirement plan, and a really gravy job.. You are so unique, your bosses would rather you do nothing, rather then get involved with anything.

Such truth spoken in so few words.

01-17-2010, 07:29 PM
If we are really trying to save so much money here why are the Cpt, LT, Sgt's driving their take home cars to inservice?
They get a car to use everyday all year long and we can't borrow one for 2 days of inservice?

I say they should pile up in the van with the rest of us, or stop the nonsense of making everyone take that stupid van.

01-19-2010, 12:14 PM
One of the reasons for the van in addition to saving gas money is so there will be enough vehicles to work the rest areas. If all the spare vehicles are being taken to In-Service then the rest areas might not be able to be covered. Of course you don't care about that. Admin. is trying to keep money in your pocket by allowing you to have a vehicle to work the gravy train rest area gig. Go ahead blast away at this post, but think about it.....................

01-19-2010, 07:20 PM
What a bunch of whining babies, count tomatoes A$$holes

01-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Don't try to give me that sob story "the department is doing it for you." The department hasn't done anything to benefit the officer and there is a long line of proof of that. In some way it will benefit the department before it does anything for us. The minute someone comes up with a way to trim alot of fat from the top the brown nosers come to the rescue telling how wonderful these people are but can't tell you one good thing they do for us or what they that a secretary could do their job. Accredation hasn't done anything for the officers but it got the higher ups alot of promotions and raises. Then we are told we have to cut back but no cutting back where it is really needed at the TOP. Her position is another one that could go and no one would miss her. But I can't blame her if a company would have given me job making over 95,000 a yr. and had a Lt. doing my job so I could go to dog and pony shows I would think this was the greatest job in the world. So with that said everyone can start posting how jealous I am not that it is true her position is useless. That is OK we all know that one of many positions that could be trimmed.

01-21-2010, 01:53 AM
The state can't afford to do ANYTHING for state law enforcement officers, but Florida is taking on 45,000 refugees from Haiti.

WHAT A CROCK OF SH*T

01-21-2010, 06:53 AM
The state can't afford to do ANYTHING for state law enforcement officers, but Florida is taking on 45,000 refugees from Haiti.

WHAT A CROCK OF SH*T

I AGREE WHAT A JOKE! :evil:

01-22-2010, 03:07 AM
but can't tell you one good thing they do for us or what they that a secretary could do their job.

You know it is kinda funny you mention this.. :arrow: If you think about it a secretary could do yours to.

Everyone who works for DOACS knows the one main reason the agency is still here...I dont even have tell you, because you have already thought it.

I am not trying to belittle the efforts of many hard searching Ag guys, if you DIG hard enough you can make your job a little more dangerous, but we all know that Tallahassee and especially White Springs would be just thrilled with you as long as you scan your bills, copy them coggins, and stamp that fruit.

You dont have to drive a patrol car for people to think you are a cop. The only ones to impress at PTLEA is recruits anyway, and they are going to "Make Way" anyway...

Truly if you are wanting a ride to be issued to you that says "POLICE", (1) Get promoted, (2) Go somewhere that gives you a car. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.

Look on the bright side, you can pick a "DD" and tour the city, Finnigans Wake and Bullwinkles are a good start.

01-22-2010, 04:50 AM
but can't tell you one good thing they do for us or what they that a secretary could do their job.

You know it is kinda funny you mention this.. :arrow: If you think about it a secretary could do yours to.

Everyone who works for DOACS knows the one main reason the agency is still here...I dont even have tell you, because you have already thought it.

I am not trying to belittle the efforts of many hard searching Ag guys, if you DIG hard enough you can make your job a little more dangerous, but we all know that Tallahassee and especially White Springs would be just thrilled with you as long as you scan your bills, copy them coggins, and stamp that fruit.

You dont have to drive a patrol car for people to think you are a cop. The only ones to impress at PTLEA is recruits anyway, and they are going to "Make Way" anyway...

Truly if you are wanting a ride to be issued to you that says "POLICE", (1) Get promoted, (2) Go somewhere that gives you a car. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.

Look on the bright side, you can pick a "DD" and tour the city, Finnigans Wake and Bullwinkles are a good start.

huh?

PREACHER
03-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Took the van to IS... had a blast, laughed and clowned the whole way,... don't want to take a PC to IS.... Stopping for every 76 or idiot that does something stupid infront of you, or even for the complaints that could be generated when people see Ag Cars doing 90+ there and back. No issues and the people that are using the limited pool cars for off duty will thank you kindly to shut up with the whining and make sure you don't cut into their money because you're a crybaby.

03-17-2010, 11:08 PM
570.073 Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, law enforcement officers.--

(1) The commissioner may create an Office of Agricultural Law Enforcement under the supervision of a senior manager exempt under s. 110.205 in the Senior Management Service. The commissioner may designate law enforcement officers, as necessary, to enforce any criminal law or conduct any criminal investigation or to enforce the provisions of any statute or any other laws of this state. Officers appointed under this section shall have the primary responsibility for enforcing laws relating to agriculture and consumer services, as outlined 1in this section, and 2have jurisdiction over violations of law which threaten the overall security and safety of this state's agriculture and consumer services. The primary responsibilities of officers appointed under this section include the enforcement of laws relating to:

(a) Domesticated animals, including livestock, poultry, aquaculture products, and other wild or domesticated animals or animal products.

(b) Farms, farm equipment, livery tack, citrus or citrus products, or horticultural products.

(c) Trespass, littering, forests, forest fires, and open burning.

(d) Damage to or theft of forest products.

(e) Enforcement of a marketing order.

(f) Protection of consumers.

(g) Civil traffic offenses as 3provided in state law.

(h) The use of alcohol or drugs which occurs on property owned, managed, or occupied by the department.

(i) Any emergency situation in which the life, limb, or property of any person is placed in immediate and serious danger.

(j) Any crime incidental to or related to paragraphs (a)-(i).

4(k) The responsibilities of the Commissioner of Agriculture.

(2) Each law enforcement officer shall meet the qualifications of law enforcement officers under s. 943.13 and shall be certified as a law enforcement officer by the Department of Law Enforcement under the provisions of chapter 943. Upon certification, each law enforcement officer is subject to and shall have the same arrest and other authority provided for law enforcement officers generally in chapter 901 and shall have statewide jurisdiction. Each officer shall also have arrest authority as provided for state law enforcement officers in s. 901.15. Such officers have full law enforcement powers granted to other peace officers of this state, including the authority to make arrests, carry firearms, serve court process, and seize contraband and the proceeds of illegal activities.

(3) The commissioner may also appoint part-time, reserve, or auxiliary law enforcement officers under chapter 943.

(4) All department law enforcement officers, upon certification under s. 943.1395, shall have the same right and authority to carry arms as do the sheriffs of this state.

(5) Each law enforcement officer in the state who is certified pursuant to chapter 943 has the same authority as law enforcement officers designated in this section to enforce the laws of this state as described in subsection (1).

03-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Whats the difference in a Dept of Agriculture LEO that works the ramp and Wackenhut?

Wackenhut is just Wackenhut, Ag cops are Wackin in the hut