PDA

View Full Version : New Hires

01-10-2010, 05:08 PM
So how are the new hires working out? I heard 4 or 5 were hired and there are a few more spots open?

01-11-2010, 08:22 PM
You mentioned 4 or 5 were hired. Do you know when that might have occurred? I have been waiting so Im curious. Thanks a lot!

:D

01-12-2010, 11:36 PM
No one has been hired in almost a year and only 3 may be hired, and I say may..good luck if you are trying to get hired.

01-14-2010, 12:39 AM
We have a new officer starting on Tuesday 19th. Two more openings from the grant and those positions will be filled when we find qualified applicants.

01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
You mentioned 2 more would be hired when you find qualified applicants. Does that mean the ones you have on file have been "filed?" Or will the next 2 come from the existing list?

Thanks again. It all helps,believe me!

01-15-2010, 12:58 PM
They are starting a whole new round of aplications so apparently they are not happy with what they have to choose from. With budget concerns, there is no way they would take on new application costs unless they felt the ones they already had were substandard.
Sorry, friend. It's not gonna happen.

01-15-2010, 11:30 PM
You see...here at PCPD Security, a potential candidate has to fall into a 'qualification bracket.' One must have enough to meet the minimum standards, but not too much. The brass have learned that there is a high risk of losing a qualified applicant to another agency once that person gets through his/her 'honeymoon phase' at the Dept. So it is QUITE possible that your application looked 'too good' for our agency. Seems backward, huh? Welcome to our world!!

01-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the replies. I certainly understand the approach to officer retention, as well as respect the concerns they have about officers leaving. Its a tough issue for the administration and desrves some respect. I like the agency and am proud of the progress PCPD has made. Too bad there are negative comments one might read on blogs. I have a lot of experience and a degree. I also completed some policing missions abroad but now I was looking to settle in for the duration at one place and do my best as I have always done. If it isnt me, and I assume at this point it won't be, I still hope for the best fit for the PD and will continue to watch it for the future. I will apply again because its where I want to work, not just a place I dropped off an application!

Peace.

01-18-2010, 08:14 PM
I'll agree with you that officer retention is a valid concern for our (and any other) department. However, It would not be such an issue if the leaders of PCPD weren't such pansies. If said brass would grow some b@!!$, and focus more on actually reducing crimes, and stop worrying about stepping on some dirtbag's toes, it would be an agency that no one would want to leave!! PCPD has a great group of Officers, excellent pay, benfits, and equipment.

...If only our hands were untied...

Thanks for the replies. I certainly understand the approach to officer retention, as well as respect the concerns they have about officers leaving. Its a tough issue for the administration and desrves some respect. I like the agency and am proud of the progress PCPD has made. Too bad there are negative comments one might read on blogs. I have a lot of experience and a degree. I also completed some policing missions abroad but now I was looking to settle in for the duration at one place and do my best as I have always done. If it isnt me, and I assume at this point it won't be, I still hope for the best fit for the PD and will continue to watch it for the future. I will apply again because its where I want to work, not just a place I dropped off an application!

Peace.